Leiden and Amsterdam

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1101
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

Leiden and Amsterdam

Postby slither » Wed Apr 25, 3:08 pm

We will be in Leiden next week for a conference on international law and human rights, and the plan is to spend a few days in Amsterdam after the event.

The Netherlands is beautiful this time of year.

Just me and a good friend. ;-)

Cheers,
Slith

User avatar
Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 16028
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 12:30 am
Location: "Hiding my leg from the humpers"

Re: Leiden and Amsterdam

Postby Bohannon » Wed Apr 25, 3:42 pm

Been to Het Kuekenhof?

User avatar
Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6201
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 5:32 am
Location: The Eldorado Cafe...

Re: Leiden and Amsterdam

Postby Banks » Wed Apr 25, 4:12 pm

slither wrote:We will be in Leiden next week for a conference on international law and human rights, and the plan is to spend a few days in Amsterdam after the event.

The Netherlands is beautiful this time of year.

Just me and a good friend. ;-)

Cheers,
Slith

There is a cafe there in the middle of town near the inner harbor that specializes in pies, apologies I can't recall the name or find the picture from a few years back... try the pie! A partner?

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1101
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

Re: Leiden and Amsterdam

Postby slither » Wed Apr 25, 6:51 pm

You are probably referring to Annie's.
Great view and fine appeltaart.

User avatar
a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5771
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 12:32 am
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

Re: Leiden and Amsterdam

Postby a bollocks » Wed Apr 25, 11:26 pm

slither wrote:You are probably referring to Annie's.
Great view and fine appeltaart.


are you referring to your partner?

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1101
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

Re: Leiden and Amsterdam

Postby slither » Thu Apr 26, 1:08 am

Feeling lonely tonight?
Some lard and a hand towel might help.

User avatar
bogart
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 2014
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 7:02 am
Location: St Germain

Re: Leiden and Amsterdam

Postby bogart » Fri May 04, 4:22 am

I visited Leiden in 2005. I don’t know what I can say about it. I mean , wtf, major culture shock. I bought some expensive art supplies, and lost my friend who biked in with me.

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1101
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

Re: Leiden and Amsterdam

Postby slither » Fri May 11, 5:20 pm

It was fantastic.
There is more to the Netherlands than wietje. Much much more.

Cheers, everyone.

Slith

User avatar
uk*bag*lady
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 10786
Joined: Mon May 17, 11:47 am
Location: Englands Green and Pleasant Land
Contact:

Re: Leiden and Amsterdam

Postby uk*bag*lady » Sat May 12, 5:16 pm

slither wrote:It was fantastic.
There is more to the Netherlands than wietje. Much much more.

Cheers, everyone.

Slith


Really?

I 'd never have guessed!

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1101
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

Re: Leiden and Amsterdam

Postby slither » Sat May 12, 11:44 pm

uk*bag*lady wrote:
slither wrote:It was fantastic.
There is more to the Netherlands than wietje. Much much more.

Cheers, everyone.

Slith


Really?

I 'd never have guessed!


'Twas always thus for me, Baggy.

Away with thee, old plague-sore!

User avatar
a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5771
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 12:32 am
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

Re: Leiden and Amsterdam

Postby a bollocks » Sun May 13, 12:00 am

slither wrote:
uk*bag*lady wrote:
slither wrote:It was fantastic.
There is more to the Netherlands than wietje. Much much more.

Cheers, everyone.

Slith


Really?

I 'd never have guessed!


'Twas always thus for me, Baggy.

Away with thee, old plague-sore!


Again...I am sooo proud of you. You are so superior to us stoners. I bow down to thy magnificence.

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1101
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

Re: Leiden and Amsterdam

Postby slither » Sun May 13, 12:21 am

a bollocks wrote:
slither wrote:
uk*bag*lady wrote:
slither wrote:It was fantastic.
There is more to the Netherlands than wietje. Much much more.

Cheers, everyone.

Slith


Really?

I 'd never have guessed!


'Twas always thus for me, Baggy.

Away with thee, old plague-sore!


Again...I am sooo proud of you. You are so superior to us stoners. I bow down to thy magnificence.


*sniff*

Right on cue, Lady Macbeth.

Anything else, dear heart?

WOOT!

User avatar
a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5771
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 12:32 am
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

Re: Leiden and Amsterdam

Postby a bollocks » Sun May 13, 1:34 am

slither wrote:
a bollocks wrote:
slither wrote:
uk*bag*lady wrote:
slither wrote:It was fantastic.
There is more to the Netherlands than wietje. Much much more.

Cheers, everyone.

Slith


Really?

I 'd never have guessed!


'Twas always thus for me, Baggy.

Away with thee, old plague-sore!


Again...I am sooo proud of you. You are so superior to us stoners. I bow down to thy magnificence.


*sniff*

Right on cue, Lady Macbeth.

Anything else, dear heart?

WOOT!


Out, damned spot! Out, I say!—One, two. Why, then, ’tis time to do ’t. Hell is murky!—Fie, my lord, fie! A soldier, and afeard? What need we fear who knows it, when none can call our power to account?

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1101
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

Re: Leiden and Amsterdam

Postby slither » Sun May 13, 2:02 am

You really miss those all-nighters in chat with Shezz.
Admit it.

We had a goodly laugh one evening in Relaxed Leiden whilst reminiscing about your 'Circle in the Square' homily. So profound an impact it made upon us.

I've been fortunate in life and career, yes, but do not believe me your better. I too am a heart, a traveler - a wooter.

Good to see you are still about the place. Bedecked in motley, playing the fool, and as ever prone to your trademark gibes and gambols.

User avatar
boneymaroni
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5374
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 9:18 pm
Location: To the left of center
Contact:

Re: Leiden and Amsterdam

Postby boneymaroni » Sun May 13, 2:39 am

If I was a woman, I'd like to have slither's baby.

User avatar
Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6201
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 5:32 am
Location: The Eldorado Cafe...

Re: Leiden and Amsterdam

Postby Banks » Sun May 13, 1:18 pm

boneymaroni wrote:If I was a woman, I'd like to have slither's baby.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZNtcCM3Cvo

User avatar
islandgurl
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4365
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2:46 am
Location: Got my toes in the water, ass in the sand.

Re: Leiden and Amsterdam

Postby islandgurl » Thu Jun 21, 9:36 pm

Something about your writing style, slith, you remind me of mucky. That's one member I actually miss talking to both here and in private, he was different than everyone thought as a person. Actually a good guy.

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1101
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

Re: Leiden and Amsterdam

Postby slither » Sun Jun 24, 10:51 am

Hi Islandgurl,
Thanks. Agreed re Mucky.



Good to hear from you.


Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest