DENVER

All about dutch coffeeshop culture
and it's related items..

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

DENVER

Postby alpha » Mon Dec 25, 10:04 pm

I just got off the phone with my brother who lives near Denver and sez that people meeting up in a coffeeshop like setting to toke and chat has passed all the hurdles and is set to begin in 2018. I know they've been trying to make this happen, with all kinds of setbacks, so i'm curious if this idea really on? Can anyone confirm? I've always figured that the first state that allows coffeeshops similar to Amsterdam's will reap the most rewards, economically.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: DENVER

Postby Old Fart » Tue Dec 26, 4:12 am

Colorado Springs has had 6 or 7 cannabis clubs for several years.You were in one of them. So it wouldn't be new to Colorado.

I think Denver will end up doing it.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Tue Dec 26, 6:42 am

Old Fart wrote:Colorado Springs has had 6 or 7 cannabis clubs for several years.You were in one of them. So it wouldn't be new to Colorado.

I think Denver will end up doing it.

The club experience is different tho than anything one might find in an Amsterdam coffeeshop, eh? Tho i did a little dabbing at your club, OF i've found i dislike it now, because it's like liquor and i've always preferred beer. The Springs' clubs seemed mostly focused on 710, rather than cannabis, right? Been ages since i was there. I was in another 'club' in the Nederlands called Club Ned that was much more intimate, because it's proprietors went to great lengths to engage their guests and get their guests to engage with each other.

Neither had the feel of an Amsterdam coffeeshop experience for me, but it's my belief that there are a heck'eva lot of folks who made the pilgrimage to Amsterdam, for the coffeeshops and ambience of their city beat, that would still want to embrace that experience over here. However, with our regulations on cafes and restaurants that could be a very tall order, indeed, so it should be quite interesting to see how it all pans out and Amsterdam's coffeeshop experience is likely to remain in Amsterdam where it belongs.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Tue Dec 26, 2:02 pm

"The Springs' clubs seemed mostly focused on 710, rather than cannabis, right?"

Dabs and oil are popular but flower is still popular also.
You were in one club five years ago. Sorry you don't like all the clubs in the Springs you haven't visited.

I don't think the Amsterdam coffeeshop vibe can be recreated here in America, not enough world travelers. Nothing better than meeting people from around the planet and sharing a smoke.

kiwi_in_Oz
super power poster
super power poster

Postby kiwi_in_Oz » Tue Dec 26, 3:38 pm

I thought exactly the same OF about the clubs in Spain .

Amsterdam wins hands down for the experience

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Tue Dec 26, 6:57 pm

Old Fart wrote:
alpha wrote:The Springs' clubs seemed mostly focused on 710, rather than cannabis, right?

Dabs and oil are popular but flower is still popular also.

Yet the only people toking flower in the club we visited were us, nearly everyone else were dabbing flavored concentrates at the bar.

Old Fart wrote:You were in one club five years ago. Sorry you don't like all the clubs in the Springs you haven't visited.

It's not dislike OF, lets just say a 710 crawl could grow quite expensive in Colorado Springs. It would be my hope Denver doesn't follow the Springs' paradigm, because it takes at least a pair of fivers to get into any single establishment.

Old Fart wrote:I don't think the Amsterdam coffeeshop vibe can be recreated here in America, not enough world travelers. Nothing better than meeting people from around the planet and sharing a smoke.

I agree OF, but i believe when enough 'free' cafes that can cater to clients with both refreshments and cannabis, begin operating where ever, those world travelers will begin filtering in too. Well it become like an Amsterdam experience? Hardly, but it should be jolly good fun!

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Wed Jan 17, 10:26 pm

The Denver Gazette wrote:The battle in Denver dates back to late 2016, when voters here overwhelmingly passed an ordinance allowing cafes and restaurants to ask for permits to let customers use pot on site. Under the measure, Initiative 300, once a permit is issued, patrons can enjoy weed indoors, as long as they don’t smoke it.

Hardly conducive for winning the cannabis tourist's dollar, imo. They may have led the way, but rules like these they'll be playing catchup for those tax dollars.

However, Maine, mostly because of their governor are going backwards...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/d1f3e76f-0 ... soc_trk=ma

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Thu Jan 25, 5:38 am

kiwi_in_Oz wrote:I thought exactly the same OF about the clubs in Spain .

Amsterdam wins hands down for the experience

interesting. you are both right - had not thought about it....but THAT is what makes Amsterdam so special.
I remember meeting a young Iranian who escaped before the war broke out and had just found out his family was dead..that could not happen anywhere else.. it is so much more pleasant to meet a variety of people, than just americans. helps us be connected to the world.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Thu Feb 08, 6:55 pm

Denver may be getting it's first cannabis spa!

https://mashable.com/2018/02/07/weed-ma ... 1MiXKjcOqn

bogart
super power poster
super power poster

Postby bogart » Fri May 04, 4:32 am

Of course, Amsterdam is the model for cannabis legalization. They turned it from a problem to a boon. Now they make billions on tourists and taxes. And the whole thing is very quaint. Even if you go to Amsterdam and don’t smoke, the coffeeshops are a real draw.

Return to “Coffeeshop board”