The continuing crisis

The place to discuss political issues.

User avatar
smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6071
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 10:45 pm
Location: 3rd. rock
Contact:

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby smokedpeppers » Thu Dec 27, 4:02 pm

alpha wrote:My question would be why do we even have an FBI? Perhaps the most corrupt agency in our regime?

However, it's apparent we have a justice system only interested in selective prosecutions, with politically motivated outcomes, so true justice is somewhere between rarely and never served.

another reason to question the workings of our fbi?
Why Doesn’t the FBI Videotape Interviews?
https://marginalrevolution.com/marginal ... views.html

nemesystem
super poster
super poster
Posts: 987
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 9:50 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby nemesystem » Thu Dec 27, 10:50 pm

The reason why the FBI 'doesnt' is because the NSA does it for them.




Smh

User avatar
smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6071
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 10:45 pm
Location: 3rd. rock
Contact:

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby smokedpeppers » Thu Dec 27, 10:58 pm

oh, i see ....

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4140
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby alpha » Sat Dec 29, 3:16 pm

I didn't realize the link couldn't be reached by just anyone, so i'm including her full transcript of the article. Imo, this article should be read by every american, but apparently jeff bezos doesn't agree.

Sally Jenkins, for the washington post, that jeff bezos let die in darkness, but then advertised it to the contrary wrote:Imagine your daughter had a physical talent, a baffling, inimitable wildflower gift beyond your understanding. Suppose you entrusted her to the U.S. Olympic Committee to help explore that gift. In exchange, USOC officials demanded the rights to her commercial likeness, used her performances to make millions of dollars for themselves, and carelessly allowed her to be sexually preyed on. And then claimed any harm to her wasn’t their responsibility.

They took credit for the gold medals that came from that body, but none of the blame for the scars left on it. How would you feel?No one at the USOC seems to understand how their behavior looks to the rest of us. Should any parent feel comfortable entrusting their child to the USOC going forward?“Absolutely not,” said Rachael Denhollander, who led the child molestation case against gymnastics national team doctor Larry Nassar. “There is no way I would put my child in there.”USOC officials keep trying to move on briskly from the Nassar scandal. They don’t seem to hear how offensive their brightly inane statements about the future are with so much reparation left unfinished. They certainly don’t seem to understand that what parents and victims really need from the USOC is not more containment strategy. Fortunately, Congressional overseers such as Rep. Diana DeGette (D-Colo.) are determined to continue the hard investigating that the USOC would like to see end.The USOC hoped that last week’s devastating report from the law firm Ropes & Gray was a conclusion, the last chapter of its sexual abuse scandal. It’s merely a good start. The report not only detailed how Nassar’s crimes were enabled and covered up by top officials, it described a pervasive culture in which abusers flourished across multiple sports over years without the USOC taking any significant action.

“They just didn’t respond in any kind of responsible manner,” DeGette said. “What that report showed us was that the gymnastics abuse wasn’t the first time it’s happened in this decade.”


In January, DeGette will become the head of the Oversight and Investigations sub-committee of the House Energy and Commerce committee, which is responsible for USOC oversight. DeGette has spent 22 years on the panel, and what’s more, she’s a Coloradan, so she is well-versed in the USOC’s platitudes and has watched its inaction up close. Including its failure to fund SafeSport, the body that is supposed deal with sexual abuse.

A few months ago, DeGette personally visited the SafeSport offices and saw for herself the inadequate staff, swamped with a “huge number” of abuse complaints — more, she says, than they can handle. “I want to investigate how they plan to implement changes,” she says.

She also wants documents. Thus far, only Ropes & Gray has deeply examined the internal communications that show when USOC chief executive Scott Blackmun learned from USA Gymnastics chief executive Steve Penny that the national team doctor was a probably a child molester, and how they responded.

“We need documents about when the USOC and USA Gymnastics officials knew what was going on, and what they did, and what the internal memos were,” DeGette said. “So, we will be requesting those, and if they aren’t forthcoming, we will subpoena them.”

DeGette is not the only lawmaker who wants answers. Senators Jerry Moran (R-Kan.) and Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) have asked the Department of Justice for a criminal investigation into whether Blackmun lied to Congress. The FBI is conducting an internal inquiry into its own inaction. Hopefully those will be fully public, so that parents and athletes get the answers to vital questions that still plague them.

We know that Nassar was enabled by officialdom. “Now ask ‘Why,’ ” Denhollander said.

Why did USOC and USAG officials purposely perpetrate a false narrative and allow Nassar to retire with plaudits in September 2015, even after they knew Olympic gymnasts had credibly accused him of sexually assaulting them? Thus, Nassar was able to continue to access victims at training gyms, high schools. Attorney John Manly represents one child who was 11.

“She went to Nassar for another year,” he said. “They never called anybody.”

They stayed silent when Nassar announced he would run for a local school board.

They stayed silent when they knew USA Gymnastics was regularly referring more young athletes to him.

“I feel like I have indirectly been put in a position where I may have recommended that a parent put their child in harm’s way,” a USA Gymnastics program director wrote in an aghast email when Nassar was exposed.

Why did the FBI and Indianapolis police aid and abet that silence? Why did they fail so utterly to investigate Nassar or properly interview any witnesses? Why did they accept Penny’s favors, and texts, emails, and requests for confidentiality?

“Why?” Denhollander asks. “Is it lazy, is it self-protection, is it money? Are there people profiting? Is there child porn? What is the motivation, and why were they keeping quiet? There had to be some level of buy-in. I suspect when you find the motivation, you’ll find a lot more corruption.”

Why, to date, has no one ever executed so much as a search warrant on USA Gymnastics and the USOC?

Why has there never been a broad, multi-jurisdictional federal investigation into these crimes against hundreds of children, in which the cover-up spanned from Indianapolis to Colorado Springs to Los Angeles?

Is it because little girls are not important? Because it was sports, and therefore trivial? Because all women athletes should expect some level of abuse in a man’s world?

Because million-dollar-salaried Olympic officials, with the initials U.S. in front of their names, and political connections, got preferential treatment over abused girls like Jordyn Wieber, who made just $800 a month for bringing home gold medals?

“This is a country club-white shoe culture, in which these men were making millions a year,” Manly said. “More than the Joint Chiefs of Staff combined. That’s an obscenity. It’s a culture of entitlement and moral indifference.”

Why? Until the whys are answered, the USOC cannot and should not be allowed to move on.

“It was never just about Larry Nassar, and that’s what so many people have missed,” Denhollander said. “Larry became the story because of what happened at his sentencing and because he had so many victims. But Larry is not the story. Larry is just a symptom.”

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4140
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby alpha » Thu Aug 29, 8:25 am

Anyone ever heard about this movement to remove corruption and money from america''s political elections?

https://represent.us

Perhaps try and make them fairer and more representative of the people, what a concept.

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4140
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby alpha » Sat Oct 05, 10:13 am

More american whistleblowing.
Image
A 2010 photo of the side of the USS Virginia appears to show that the Special Hull Treatment peeled off while the submarine was underway.(U.S. Navy photo)
James Clark for Task & Purpose wrote:America's largest military shipbuilding company has been accused of falsifying tests and certifications on stealth coatings of its submarines "that put American lives at risk," according to a complaint filed in federal court last month.

Huntington Ingalls Industries, which spun-off from Northrop Grumman in 2011, "knowingly and/or recklessly" filed falsified records with the Navy claiming it had correctly applied a coating, called a Special Hull Treatment, to Virginia-class attack submarines which would allow the vessels to elude enemy sonar, the Sept. 26 complaint alleges.

Instead, the complaint said, Huntington Ingalls' Newport News Shipbuilding facility in Virginia took shortcuts that allegedly "plagued" the class of submarines with problems, and then retaliated against the employee who spoke up about the issues.


More to the story at Task & Purpose and of course denials all around and whereas future fines are likely, human culpability and wrongdoing will likely be excluded.

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4140
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby alpha » Wed Oct 16, 5:40 pm

Image
https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/on-p ... 3d7924070c

Quite compelling reasoning, as to why we have the leadership we have today.

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1452
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trapped within space, time and motion
Contact:

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby slither » Wed Oct 16, 10:14 pm

Johnstone.
Again.



Sigh.

Please do not vote or breed.

User avatar
modern roots
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 2698
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 7:19 am
Location: U.S.A.

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby modern roots » Wed Oct 16, 10:26 pm

Pipe down, slither. Nothing wrong with the link alpha posted. Makes as much sense as any of your ramblings.

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1452
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trapped within space, time and motion
Contact:

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby slither » Wed Oct 16, 11:40 pm

Equating me with Alf and Johnstone are we? No thanks.
This furtive defense of your fellow bookend reaffirms your thickness.

In fact, such an honorific actually becomes you: Your Thickness.

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4140
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby alpha » Wed Nov 06, 3:26 am


User avatar
smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6071
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 10:45 pm
Location: 3rd. rock
Contact:

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby smokedpeppers » Thu Nov 14, 4:22 am

interview . some guys take on the evolution of our government .
https://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-arts-a ... -codevilla

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4140
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby alpha » Sat Nov 30, 4:29 am

It will come as no surprise that a recent poll indicated that economists are among the least-trusted professionals. They’ve made blundering mistakes on everything from claiming financial crises can happen to not facing the most obvious recessions.

But all that pales into insignificance when inept economists get involved in modeling climate science. A recession we can recover from, but the breakdown of our planet, we cannot.

Host Ross Ashcroft travels to Kakanomics – the leading economics festival in Norway – to talk with the renegade economist Professor Steve Keen to understand the scale of the damage that blinkered ideology has done to the future of our planet.

https://www.rt.com/shows/renegade-inc/4 ... ns-planet/

Warning to slither it's his boogeyman reporting here. However, this will never make mainstream media news, not when it means the end of life on this planet due mostly to american exceptionalism and the pathetic politics that got us there.

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4140
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby alpha » Mon Dec 09, 11:12 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... documents/

The lies continue. When will the ameican electorate wake up?

User avatar
Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6690
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 7:43 pm
Location: Outside the Box

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby Rudy » Tue Dec 10, 12:19 am

alpha wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2019/investigations/afghanistan-papers/afghanistan-war-confidential-documents/

The lies continue. When will the ameican electorate wake up?


The U.S. population has been more and more a support system for a runaway military since the 1st world war.
Very similar to Russia, only our leaders bureaucrats are still allowing us to complain for the time being.
We had been under the influence of a very effective propaganda regimen until the internet age of information started to reveal the truth about our wars.
We have now devolved into a risky system using outright and obvious lies, deception and attacks on the truth by our leaders.
Arbitrary decisions and bold untruths spoken from all institutions of government with little or no common ground to unite or represent its citizens.
Not to be a wolf-caller, but Fascism truly appears to be knocking at the door again.

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15594
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby Dazzler » Tue Dec 10, 4:22 am

It’s not calling wolf. You are right. Without a single note of hyperbole, we can and should call what is happening now the rise of fascism in the US, and in Britain, for the first time in history.

And also in Europe, but obviously not for the first time.

I have no confidence whatsoever that we’ll be the good guys this time.

https://youtu.be/hn1VxaMEjRU

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4140
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby alpha » Wed Dec 11, 1:25 am

Dazzler wrote:It’s not calling wolf. You are right. Without a single note of hyperbole, we can and should call what is happening now the rise of fascism in the US, and in Britain, for the first time in history.


I agree with you fellas, except for the first time in history.

Dazzler wrote:I have no confidence whatsoever that we’ll be the good guys this time.


However, i don't agree with this one. Both our countries have forced profits over humanity for all too long, mine for at least a century and a half and yours much longer.

Admit it. You aren’t like them. You’re not even close. You may occasionally dress yourself up as one of them, watch the same mindless television shows as they do, maybe even eat the same fast food sometimes. But it seems that the more you try to fit in, the more you feel like an outsider, watching the ‘normal people’ as they go about their automatic existences. For every time you say club passwords like ‘Have a nice day’ and ‘Weather’s awful today, eh?’, you yearn inside to say forbidden things like ‘Tell me something that makes you cry’ or ‘What do you think deja vu is for?’. Face it, you even want to talk to that girl in the elevator. But what if that girl in the elevator (and the balding man who walks past your cubicle at work) are thinking the same thing? Who knows what you might learn from taking a chance on conversation with a stranger? Everyone carries a piece of the puzzle. Nobody comes into your life by mere coincidence. Trust your instincts. Do the unexpected. Find the others.” ~ Timothy Leary

The title of the article is 'The Cost of Sanity, in this Society, is a Certain Level of Alienation'. I know the feeling well.

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4140
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby alpha » Tue Mar 03, 1:11 am

Since the hearing over extradition is being censored completely in american press i thought anyone who's interested might keep up with Craig Murray's blog, because he is attending the trial each day and reporting on it. This is an excerpt from 'Your man in the public gallery - Assange hearing day four.'

Craig Murray wrote:Let me put this as neutrally as possible. If you could fairly state that Lewis’s argument was much more logical, rational and intuitive than Fitzgerald’s, you could understand why Lewis did not need an interruption while Fitzgerald had to be continually interrupted for “clarification”. But in fact it was Lewis who was making out the case that the provisions of the very treaty under which the extradition is being made, do not in fact apply, a logical step which I suggest the man on the Clapham omnibus might reason to need rather more testing than Fitzgerald’s assertion to the contrary. Baraitser’s comparative harassment of Fitzgerald when he had the prosecution on the ropes was straight out of the Stalin show trial playbook.


Quite obvious freedom of press has been effectively stifled in america, what will we lose next, freedom of speech, or perhaps our guns? Tptb are likely none too happy of the possibility of having guns pointed their way, but they won't much care if you want to curse about it.

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4140
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby alpha » Sun Mar 29, 7:13 pm

Caitlin Johnstone wrote:America’s fake political system has been highlighted as the Democratic Party’s presumptive nominee completely vanished for a week and then returned to deliver an embarrassing string of befuddled interviews upon his return, reminding the nation once again that the Democrats are running an actual, literal dementia patient for the most powerful elected office in the world. Biden will of course be running against an incoherent reality TV star who only last week decided that the virus is indeed a real problem which needs to be seriously addressed, and who now already wants to begin rolling back the inadequate measures his administration implemented far too late. The debates between two men who don’t understand what they’re doing and can’t string a sentence together between them will soon be broadcast around the world for all of civilization to behold.

User avatar
smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6071
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 10:45 pm
Location: 3rd. rock
Contact:

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby smokedpeppers » Tue Mar 31, 1:16 am

so what if during this season of new experience in our lives, the www went down too ?

nemesystem
super poster
super poster
Posts: 987
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 9:50 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby nemesystem » Tue Mar 31, 1:27 am

We'd be just fine.

Remember "interwebs" from the late 80s and early 90s

The "world wide web" did not exist at that time.

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15594
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby Dazzler » Tue Mar 31, 9:26 am

That was before our entire business and social lives were arranged with the assumption that it would be available. You might as well say “We don’t need the wheel or the internal combustion engine because we managed fine without cars, lorries, trains or horses-drawn transit for millennia”.

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4140
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby alpha » Fri Apr 10, 2:07 am

Image
A pile of ripe squash sits in a field in Homestead, Florida. Thousands of acres of fruits and vegetables grown in Florida are being plowed over or left to rot because farmers can’t sell to restaurants, theme parks or schools nationwide that have closed because of the coronavirus. (AP Photo/Lynne Sladky)

With most of its harvests in the winter months, the problem is acute in Florida. For example, a few dozen people clamored to buy 25-pound (11- kilogram) boxes of Roma tomatoes direct from a packing plant over the weekend in Palmetto, a city on the western coast.

The cost per box? Just $5

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15594
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby Dazzler » Sat Apr 11, 8:49 pm

From what I experienced of American fruit and vegetables, that’s still overpriced ;)

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4140
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby alpha » Sun Apr 12, 7:42 am

Stimulus packages around the world:

UK: 80% of workers' salaries

Denmark: 75% of workers' salaries

S Korea: 70% of workers' salaries

Netherlands: 90% of workers' salaries

Canada: $2k per month

Australia: $1k per month

US: One time $1200 check that may take months to arrive...

Quote said you gotta have some humor over this, but we got folks from all around, any truth to these numbers? I can say aye for america's investment in their working class.

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15594
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby Dazzler » Fri Apr 17, 11:15 am

That UK figures misleading. It depends on employers bothering to claim it and pass it on. If they figure that it’ll be cheaper to let their workers go and re-hire later, that’s what they’ll do.

Also, zero-hours contract workers (and there are a LOT of them) won’t benefit from it, as won’t the self-employed who happen not to have submitted a tax return for 2018-2019, and there are various good reasons why someone might not have done this.

Still better than the US’ plan though.

User avatar
Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 16210
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 12:30 am
Location: "Home of the yellow snow"

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby Bohannon » Sat Apr 18, 2:01 pm

Dazzler wrote:
Still better than the US’ plan though.



The US checks are being held up so that tRump can get his signature placed in the "memo" section so that the sheeple will think that he is giving them the money.

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15594
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby Dazzler » Mon Apr 20, 1:06 pm

He really is the stupidest, greediest, most obnoxious fucking cunt ever to have sought political office in any country, and that’s a very high bar.

User avatar
Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 16210
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 12:30 am
Location: "Home of the yellow snow"

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby Bohannon » Mon Apr 20, 1:21 pm

Dazzler wrote:He really is the stupidest, greediest, most obnoxious fucking cunt ever to have sought political office in any country, and that’s a very high bar.



What he said!

User avatar
Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6690
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 7:43 pm
Location: Outside the Box

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby Rudy » Sun Apr 26, 9:47 pm

Headline reads:

"TRUMP SHIFTS BLAME"

Oh no. It just could`t be.

They misunderstood him, obviously.

The poor, noble man just can`t get a break.

It must be fake news.

So much fake news everywhere.

God, it`s uncontrollable.

This free press news media and evil news people swarming around him, trying to corner him with their horrible questions.

Inescapable and awful.

I just can`t see why he puts up with it.


Return to “All Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests