The "whatever happened to..." thread

Frequently Asked questions about Amsterdam.
Only moderators can post here.
27guldens
super poster
super poster

Re: The "whatever happened to..." thread

Postby 27guldens » Thu Nov 29, 9:16 pm

Nellie!

I'm still very thankful for your reccomendation on Eric's apartment for my trip in 2007 :-)
I have never had such great canal view again.

Out of curiosity, I'm from Spain, where are you living here?

nellie
super power poster
super power poster

Postby nellie » Sat Feb 09, 10:37 pm

smokedpeppers wrote:that scottish gal, nellie ,

I still go to Amsterdam. LIve in Spain and Scotland retired and now use 4 wheels instead of 2 legs. Will be in Amsterdam on 21 February

kiwi_in_Oz
super power poster
super power poster

Postby kiwi_in_Oz » Tue Oct 08, 1:39 pm

Did des reappear ?

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Tue Oct 08, 4:21 pm

kiwi_in_Oz wrote:Did des reappear ?

Sadly, no.

kiwi_in_Oz
super power poster
super power poster

Postby kiwi_in_Oz » Sun Oct 13, 11:15 am

Sad news. Hope you are watching the World Cup and life is good des

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Thu Dec 26, 3:50 pm

'old fart' . seriously among the missing, where's the boy at?

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Thu Dec 26, 4:06 pm

smokedpeppers wrote:'old fart' . seriously among the missing, where's the boy at?

Shacked up with NYNY now that their spouses split.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Fri Dec 27, 4:31 am

Bohannon wrote:
smokedpeppers wrote:'old fart' . seriously among the missing, where's the boy at?

Could it be cracks like these that keep people from coming back for more?

He's alive and well in Colorado last i checked, sp, along with his spouse of many years. Living happily ever after.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Fri Dec 27, 4:41 am

Another question might be where in UK bag lady? Would this be the first year in a great while she didn't wish the forum a merry christmas in Welsh?

Hope she's feeling well and had a fabulous christmas filled with presence of joy, family and health. May everyone's new year be better than all the previous ones put together!

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Fri Dec 27, 4:43 am

alpha wrote:Another question might be where is UK bag lady? Would this be the first year in a great while she didn't wish the forum a merry christmas in Welsh?

Hope she's feeling well and had a fabulous christmas filled with presence of joy, family and health. And may everyone's new year be better than all the previous ones put together!

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Fri Dec 27, 5:07 pm

alpha wrote:Another question might be where in UK bag lady? Would this be the first year in a great while she didn't wish the forum a merry christmas in Welsh?

Hope she's feeling well and had a fabulous christmas filled with presence of joy, family and health. May everyone's new year be better than all the previous ones put together!

I missed that this year too. I hope she is well and had a great Christmas.

kiwi_in_Oz
super power poster
super power poster

Postby kiwi_in_Oz » Fri Dec 27, 8:10 pm

alpha wrote:
Bohannon wrote:

Could it be cracks like these that keep people from coming back for more?

He's alive and well in Colorado last i checked, sp, along with his spouse of many years. Living happily ever after.

I got on fine with OF . Seemed like a good chap to me . He was the one with all the dogs yeah ?

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Sat Dec 28, 2:45 am

kiwi_in_Oz wrote:I got on fine with OF . Seemed like a good chap to me . He was the one with all the dogs yeah ?

Uh huh, has his own, but volunteers his time to care for a passel of others. Seem to you the type who should be slandered on even an obscure Dutch forum? Not hard to understand why he doesn't come around anymore, tho.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Sat Dec 28, 3:39 pm

alpha wrote:
kiwi_in_Oz wrote:I got on fine with OF . Seemed like a good chap to me . He was the one with all the dogs yeah ?

Uh huh, has his own, but volunteers his time to care for a passel of others. Seem to you the type who should be slandered on even an obscure Dutch forum? Not hard to understand why he doesn't come around anymore, tho.

You guys don't really remember George now do you?

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Sat Dec 28, 3:42 pm

moe. wrote:
alpha wrote:Another question might be where in UK bag lady? Would this be the first year in a great while she didn't wish the forum a merry christmas in Welsh?

I missed that this year too. I hope she is well and had a great Christmas.

She’s good. She’s on the Facebook. She was tired of getting picked on by channels resident snake like many others.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Sat Dec 28, 4:54 pm

Bohannon wrote:
alpha wrote:

You guys don't really remember George now do you?

I do! Been visiting them since they hosted the High Times first annual cannabis cup in Denver. Remember that, or did your near whitey at Milehigh's prevent it? Just curious tho, since dogs are in the equation how is Zeke fairing, still with us? Be an old man indeed, if he still is.

kiwi_in_Oz
super power poster
super power poster

Postby kiwi_in_Oz » Sat Dec 28, 10:25 pm

alpha wrote:

That’s him. Good bloke. Someone I would have looked up if I ever went state side

Send my regards if ever in contact mate

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Sun Dec 29, 3:05 am

alpha wrote:

His affinity for dogs was the best thing about him... and it was my understanding that he and the wife ran a dog boarding business, not a volunteer organization...

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Sun Dec 29, 6:07 am

Banks wrote:
alpha wrote:

His affinity for dogs was the best thing about him...

...amongst many other fine attributes, that you've apparently missed.

Banks wrote:...and it was my understanding that he and the wife ran a dog boarding business, not a volunteer organization...

Well it's now my understanding that you have many fantasies and fallacies about Channelite lives in Colorado (and elsewherez, likely) that you like to ponder. You should focus on your own life Banks, from the sounds of it here it's a really quite an amazing one, unless it's another of your fantasies? However, i hope your new year, like everyone else's here, is way better than all your previous ones put together! Have a blast, whilst it lasts.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Sun Dec 29, 6:13 am

kiwi_in_Oz wrote:
alpha wrote:

That’s him. Good bloke. Someone I would have looked up if I ever went state side

Send my regards if ever in contact mate

Will do, kiwi, when i see him next, which will be whenever i get back to his state of bliss. Dunno where you will be then, (if it were home you'd been first by a wide margin) but where ever you are you should still beat me to the new year, so have a particularly good one.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Sun Dec 29, 4:06 pm

alpha wrote:
Banks wrote:
alpha wrote:

...amongst many other fine attributes, that you've apparently missed.

I certainly seem to have riled you up a bit there, alpha? People have different personas online and in person, and I know there is a contingent of folks on here who like OF, including you as his #1 fan. For myself, I never had the opportunity to experience any of these other "fine attributes" as I found him incapable of taking a joke, laughing at himself, and admitting he might be incorrect about anything. And when just about anything was kindly pointed out to him, his eventual response ended up as typically a vitriol of calling whoever differed with him names. I'm happy for him and you that he has a pal in you...

Banks wrote:...and it was my understanding that he and the wife ran a dog boarding business, not a volunteer organization...

Well it's now my understanding that you have many fantasies and fallacies about Channelite lives in Colorado (and elsewherez, likely) that you like to ponder. You should focus on your own life Banks, from the sounds of it here it's a really quite an amazing one, unless it's another of your fantasies? However, i hope your new year, like everyone else's here, is way better than all your previous ones put together! Have a blast, whilst it lasts.

Well, as with many things I note here on Channels, your understanding of just about anything can usually be dismissed as coming from someone who obviously spends way too much time smoking weed... :)

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Sun Dec 29, 4:07 pm

Banks wrote:
alpha wrote:
Banks wrote:
alpha wrote:

alpha wrote:...amongst many other fine attributes, that you've apparently missed.

I certainly seem to have riled you up a bit there, alpha? People have different personas online and in person, and I know there is a contingent of folks on here who like OF, including you as his #1 fan. For myself, I never had the opportunity to experience any of these other "fine attributes" as I found him incapable of taking a joke, laughing at himself, and admitting he might be incorrect about anything. And when just about anything was kindly pointed out to him, his eventual response ended up as typically a vitriol of calling whoever differed with him names. I'm happy for him and you that he has a pal in you...

Well, as with many things I note here on Channels, your understanding of just about anything can usually be dismissed as coming from someone who obviously spends way too much time smoking weed... :)

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Sun Dec 29, 4:09 pm

alpha wrote:Uh huh, has his own, but volunteers his time to care for a passel of others. Seem to you the type who should be slandered on even an obscure Dutch forum? Not hard to understand why he doesn't come around anymore, tho.

Banks wrote:His affinity for dogs was the best thing about him...

alpha wrote:...amongst many other fine attributes, that you've apparently missed.

alpha wrote:Well it's now my understanding that you have many fantasies and fallacies about Channelite lives in Colorado (and elsewherez, likely) that you like to ponder. You should focus on your own life Banks, from the sounds of it here it's a really quite an amazing one, unless it's another of your fantasies? However, i hope your new year, like everyone else's here, is way better than all your previous ones put together! Have a blast, whilst it lasts.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Mon Dec 30, 4:23 am

Banks wrote:
Banks wrote:
alpha wrote:
Banks wrote:
alpha wrote:

The preview button can be your friend, Banks, especially since we can't edit a post here anymore, which i was reminded of the other day. ;)

Consuming cannabis is good for the whole body, not just the mind and repels a slew of debilitating diseases. Quite the medicine and far better than anything big pharma has on the market, so i'll stick with cannabis. I really couldn't've chosen a better medicine to embrace.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Mon Dec 30, 10:39 am

alpha wrote:Consuming cannabis is good for the whole body, not just the mind and repels a slew of debilitating diseases. Quite the medicine and far better than anything big pharma has on the market, so i'll stick with cannabis. I really couldn't've chosen a better medicine to embrace.

Ah, Dr. alpha... which debilitating diseases do you have?

slither
super power poster
super power poster

Postby slither » Mon Dec 30, 9:05 pm

I'm guessing neurosyphilis?

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Fri Mar 27, 7:57 pm

Vermeer?

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Sun Mar 29, 4:06 pm

beer?

Otis
super power poster
super power poster
Location: Recovering from years of racing sailboats on SF Bay

Postby Otis » Sun Apr 19, 11:39 pm

Got Crab? Happy Birthday Viking! Otis

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Mon Apr 20, 12:20 am

Otis wrote:Got Crab? Happy Birthday Viking! Otis

Otis, Viking can't get on Channels tonight and asked me to reach out thank you for remembering his birthday.

Return to “Amsterdam FAQ”