Father and Son, Day 5

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

El Tesoro
power poster
power poster

Father and Son, Day 5

Postby El Tesoro » Thu Oct 13, 12:37 am

The howlings of neighborhood waterfowl wake me up at an 630am. This is when I normally arise at home, so perhaps I'm back on biological time. I waste no time in bed this morng, but pad my way down the hall to the living room into the dining room and the table that holds all our purchases. Damn, this would make a nice picture. Little plastic bags of hasj and wiet adorn the white formica table.

I choose the King Hassan from Katsu and roll out a tiny donut and feed it into the gaping maw of the clear glass water pipe. I flame it, poke it with the small blade on my Swiss Army knife, flame it some more. I inhale a few times, then suck the resulting smoke thro9ugh my mouth and down to my my lungs. Sweet smoke, nice aroma, nice houseboat, nice world.

With a burst of uncharacteristic speed, I jump outta da chair, dampen a few paper towels, and attack the layers of dust that have built up on the broad leaves of every single one of the houseplants on the boat. They've been calling to me to wash away their misery. I give each leaf a quick rub down with lots of water, which relieves them of their dry misery and the approach of tiny insect feet.

When I'm finished, the plants glow with health and appreciation. I feel like god, or maybe an angel. Or maybe it's the King Hassan.

As a reward, the plants authorize me to fill the pipe with a little Silver Haze, to liven things up even more. I inhale slowly, letting the smoke build up in the pipe. I walk out to the far end of the boat, open the french doors to the terrace to enjoy the morning breeze.

Yowks! The windy gusts knock me and a large bush backward, almost into the ducks' domain by the loons in the canal. Lucky to stay dry, I look around to see if any saw me lose my dignity, then I stumble back inside the boat.

Breakfast is a half-gram of Super Pollen disolved, nearly, in a demitasse of the son's most excellent espresso, and washed down with a bite of fresh croissant. I stroll down to the easyinternetcafe, send off a dispatch, and quickly head home to grab the son for a stroll back in de Pijp.

Our first destination is Yo-Yo coffeeshop, east of Sarphati Park. It isn't open yet, so we go with plan B and investigate Carmona, a nice-sized shop with a comfortable Middle-Eastern ambience, on the same street as Yo-Yo but closer back toward Sarphati Park.

Why we passed on the lovely looking and smelling kif I'll never know, but we picked up a couple brams of King Hash (with that Cinnabun aroma)and a couple of White Widow (tons of ice crystals in the bag, and a rich earthy scent, like a fine port maybe).

From Carmona, we traveled next to the Museumplein, that large stretch of open fields and reflecting pool that connects the Stedelijk, Van Gogh and Rijksmuseums, and where yesterday we experienced severe benchlock.

It's our day to experience the Masterworks int he Phillips wing of the Rijks. The rest of this museum was closed for renovations, but the Masterworks collection was awesome. We mingled with the mobs of touristas, risking claustrophobia and heatstroke, and opened ourselves fully to the Rembrandts and other terrific paintings. It was worth the hefty admission.

Having not quite goten our fill of rambling, (we've yet to try out the strippenkaart), we ramble next into the Lediseplein, and beyond, playing at tourist, rubber-necking big time.

We are simply blown away by the number of absolutely stunning ladies passing by on foot and bike. Many are at least 6-foot tall. Most are blond-haired goddesses, long-legged, with Nordic and almost Irish-looking features, and friendly smiles, unafraid. There are also many dark-skinned daughters of former colonies and territories, beauties who seem unaware of the stares we send their way.

By late afternoon, we head back to the boat to, uh, chill and watch tv. It was a kick to watch Dark Wing Duck and Ren and Stimpie in English with Dutch subtitles.

Later, we head back to de Pijp for a pig-out dinner of Spicey Chicken with Weggies and Singapore Noodles. At the GOlden Dragon, real good eats. For desssert, the son prepares Bananas Foster, as only he can.

Good night!

JohnnyHempseed
power poster
power poster

Postby JohnnyHempseed » Thu Oct 13, 4:23 am

execellent report, as always.

oracle
super power poster
super power poster

Postby oracle » Thu Oct 13, 12:10 pm

It's a cracker!! Another nice one, El T. (have you heard the group-
Porcupine Tree?) .Peace, as always bro.

Sir Ian of Tokesville
super power poster
super power poster

Re: Father and Son, Day 5

Postby Sir Ian of Tokesville » Thu Oct 13, 2:56 pm

El Tesoro wrote:Breakfast is a half-gram of Super Pollen disolved, nearly, in a demitasse of the son's most excellent espresso, and washed down with a bite of fresh croissant.

If only Nescafe did this in a jar. I'm a firm fan of hash coffee. Might I be so bold as to suggest a box of hash chocolates from the coffeeshop Bluebird......a true dope eaters marque imo.

Santoka
super poster
super poster

Re: Father and Son, Day 5

Postby Santoka » Thu Oct 13, 7:01 pm

El Tesoro wrote:With a burst of uncharacteristic speed, I jump outta da chair, dampen a few paper towels, and attack the layers of dust that have built up on the broad leaves of every single one of the houseplants on the boat. They've been calling to me to wash away their misery.

Chief, you're the St. Francis of houseplants. Hopefully they forgave you for smoking their cousins ;)

Great report - I'm going to have to check out some of those places you mentioned.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”