Greenhouse Report

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

confuzn
power poster
power poster

Greenhouse Report

Postby confuzn » Mon Apr 14, 11:43 pm

Since we spent so much time at the Greenhouse Tolstraat, we thought we should make a separate post just about it.

A bit about the Greenhouse Tolstraat itself. Since this coffeeshop was within 2 blocks of our apartment, it was our most visited one. We stopped there almost every morning for a Looza or Hot Cocoa and a few joints to start the day. Often it became the last stop for us as well, since it was open till 1am weekdays, and 3 am on the weekends. The last trams on the weekdays put us home around 11, 11:30 pm, so it worked out great for an alternative to going straight home.

We thought this was a 2-story coffeeshop, but turns out after some remodeling, it is only one floor. The décor is really neat, lots of couches for social groups, very few single seats. It was dark all the time, unless you sat in the back, under the skylight in the morning. It made a beam of sunlight fall on anyone sitting there. This became Anty’s favorite morning spot. It was almost an Indian-ish feel to the whole place, but sprinkled in with some retro lamps and furniture. Brand new flat screen TV’s were placed on a few walls.

As we said before, we didn’t have to worry about the “Members Only” policy. If you are over 21 (18 for chicks), you can get into the back. If not, you have to stay at the bar upfront. So all you youngins, better watch out. They do ID as well, as we saw several people getting checked.

One of the best things about this place was the signed pictures of celebrities who had been in the shop. To name a few : Mike Tyson, Burt Renolds, Luke Perry, Fun Lovin Criminals, Lenny Kravits, Outkast, Bon Jovi, and Woody Harrlson. The most impressive one there (in our opinion) was Quintion Terintino.

The service was also exceptional, with the exception to one dealer who seemed to take a disliking to us Americans in his shop. But the waitresses made up for it. Most mornings was a young girl, who always had neat clothing on. She was quick, happy to see us, and very friendly. At night, a dark haired, South African girl named Jo was often there. She sat with us several nights and talked about her home, her life, and Amsterdam. One night, we even ran into her and her roommate at Kadinski as they were leaving and we were coming. They decided to sit with us and have a drink and a smoke. She also told us a shortcut back to our home stop. And she even managed to find us a Greenhouse rolling tray, when they had been sold out for months.

Over the course of our trip, we tried just about every weed and hash at the Greenhouse Tolstraat. Looking through some notes, we can tell you what we thought, exactly while we sat there and smoked some of it.

K-2 (5.40 E a gram) weed joint, with HHH hash (12 E a gram) added in. This is the first joint of the trip.

We both agreed that this weed smelled like walking into the produce section in a nice grocery store. It smelled sweet, with some citrus scents thrown in. The joint was a bit dry/harsh, but we attribute it that to the HHH hash. The stone was a heavy body high, with the (what we call) “eye stone”. If you’re a true pot smoker, you know what this means. It…..made…..us……slow. Anty said that by far, this was her favorite high. It made her happy and talkative, but in a slow kind of way (I hope that makes sense to you guys). The high was strong…if you are smoking more then just one bowl, we recommend this for the above average to serious smoker. We smoked the most of this weed out of anything we smoked in Amsterdam.

We also sampled the AK-47 (6.30 E a gram) at Tolstraat. The bud was VERY pretty. It was covered in white crystals, so much so that you could hardly see the green color of the weed. It too smelled sweet, along with a sweet taste (orangey) while smoking it. Not the strongest high, although we had a bit of a head rush (almost dizzy feeling) after one joint. This would be a good weed for your average smoker.

Some of the other hash we tried out was the King Hassan (Light Neder hash, 10.50 E for 1 gram). We smoked this play-doh like hash in a joint of K-2. Again, Anty was talkative, but in a very chill way (as per John’s notes). John also thought that the hash tasted a bit soapy, and smelled “floral in a skunky way”. As per Anty’s notes – “I think this hash makes this fruity weed (K-2) taste like fruity wood.” A very light, mellow, sativa smoke, recommended for anyone who wants to kick back and relax.

Well, that's about it for now. If you guys have any specific questions about this shop, let us know and we'll be happy to try to answer them.

confuzn

LaTristesseDurera
super power poster
super power poster

Did you

Postby LaTristesseDurera » Tue Apr 15, 12:01 am

Did you try the Malana cream? It's expensive but tastes great...I hope it's still on the menu. I like to mix that with their Shiva in a joint.

SB
power poster
power poster

Nice

Postby SB » Tue Apr 15, 3:14 pm

Is it noce to hear that you enjoyed the shop. I stopped by when they were still in construction and was not impressed. Since it was still in construction there was no place to sit. The weed that I got was dried and a bunch of small buds (almost shake) Needless to say we only visited this shop once.

SB

Mr. Charlie
super poster
super poster

Postby Mr. Charlie » Tue Apr 15, 7:02 pm

I REALLY liked this shop when I was there - loved the skylight, Cafe de Tuin had a similar skylight in the back of the room setup - and really liked the setup and furniture layout. I bought the Jack Herer here and really liked it. The picture I was most surprised by was Fran Drescher, and I'm thinking, "why the hell is Fran Drescher such a big deal?" Then in the apartment I noticed that the Nanny was on every night on one particular channel. Can't say I understand that facination, but it was funny!

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”