Illinois becomes the 11th state to legalize marijuana for adults

All about dutch coffeeshop culture
and it's related items..

Hobie
super power poster
super power poster

Illinois becomes the 11th state to legalize marijuana for adults

Postby Hobie » Tue Jun 25, 6:30 pm

Earlier today, Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker signed the Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act, ending marijuana prohibition in the country’s sixth most populous state. This is a tremendous achievement and the first time marijuana sales have been legalized through a state’s legislative process rather than a ballot initiative.

I’m proud to say that MPP’s staff and lobbying team played a central role in this groundbreaking victory, and it’s important to remember that we are only effective because people like you support our work. As we celebrate today, please make a contribution to help us legalize marijuana in more states and at the federal level.

Beginning January 1, 2020, individuals 21 and older in Illinois will be able to legally possess and consume cannabis. Retail marijuana sales are expected to begin at that time. Illinois’ new legalization law is also significant because it contains some of the strongest language of any state around equity and social justice, including far-reaching expungement provisions and programs to help communities that have been most impacted by the war on drugs.

Today is another sign of our remarkable progress in recent years. But a majority of Americans still live in a jurisdiction where possessing marijuana is against the law. When you donate to MPP, you become part of a powerful movement that is not only changing laws, but changing lives.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Re: Illinois becomes the 11th state to legalize marijuana for adults

Postby moe. » Tue Jun 25, 7:43 pm

Congratulations Cheech and Boney! Gonna have a victory garden next year?

slither
super power poster
super power poster

Postby slither » Wed Jun 26, 5:17 pm

Indeed.
The handiwork of those demon-dog Democrats walking on their hind legs?

Eleven states.
Who would have believed it?

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Wed Jun 26, 6:06 pm

moe. wrote:Congratulations Cheech and Boney! Gonna have a victory garden next year?

Sadly, they'll risk imprisonment if they do, moe.

Robert McCoppin, for the Chicago Tribune wrote:Only state-licensed businesses will be allowed to grow, process or sell the product. An important part of the plan calls for favoritism in licensing for “social equity applicants,” meaning business owners and workers from poor minority areas, or those who were arrested for or convicted of misdemeanor marijuana crimes that are due to be expunged under the plan.

However, it is a major step in the right direction. Kind of a shame tho that the state only wants to put ten percent of their sales taxes towards their 6.6 billion dollars of debt. Imo, that scenario will only cause their state's financials to continue to be one of those that is ill n' annoys.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Wed Jul 03, 7:01 pm

W00t

Beelzebozo
super poster
super poster

Postby Beelzebozo » Mon Dec 09, 12:30 am

alpha wrote:
moe. wrote:Congratulations Cheech and Boney! Gonna have a victory garden next year?

Robert McCoppin, for the Chicago Tribune wrote:Only state-licensed businesses will be allowed to grow, process or sell the product. An important part of the plan calls for favoritism in licensing for “social equity applicants,” meaning business owners and workers from poor minority areas, or those who were arrested for or convicted of misdemeanor marijuana crimes that are due to be expunged under the plan.

However, it is a major step in the right direction. Kind of a shame tho that the state only wants to put ten percent of their sales taxes towards their 6.6 billion dollars of debt. Imo, that scenario will only cause their state's financials to continue to be one of those that is ill n' annoys.

Nope, I live in Illinois. I am a medical cannabis card holder. Starting January 1st, Illinois medical cannabis card holders can grow up to 5 plants at a time. Recreational users will not be able to grow their own. I'd like to grow 5 plants, but I need to figure out how to do it. I live in a two bedroom apartment. Are there any inexpensive small grow tent/light set-ups that you guys recommend? Is soil the way to go? Or hydroponics? Aeroponics? I'm totally uninformed. Help!

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Mon Dec 09, 5:26 pm

Beelzebozo wrote:
alpha wrote:

Nope, I live in Illinois. I am a medical cannabis card holder. Starting January 1st, Illinois medical cannabis card holders can grow up to 5 plants at a time. Recreational users will not be able to grow their own. I'd like to grow 5 plants, but I need to figure out how to do it. I live in a two bedroom apartment. Are there any inexpensive small grow tent/light set-ups that you guys recommend? Is soil the way to go? Or hydroponics? Aeroponics? I'm totally uninformed. Help!

You could go with a 4' x 4' grow tent if you have room in one of the bedrooms. That would comfortably accommodate 4 7 gallon grow pots. A couple of fans to move the air and since you are in an apartment, a charcoal filter to absorb the smell and you're good to go. You don't want neighbors complaining.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Mon Dec 09, 11:05 pm

moe. wrote:
Beelzebozo wrote:
alpha wrote:

You could go with a 4' x 4' grow tent if you have room in one of the bedrooms. That would comfortably accommodate 4 7 gallon grow pots. A couple of fans to move the air and since you are in an apartment, a charcoal filter to absorb the smell and you're good to go. You don't want neighbors complaining.

Not only do you not want your neighbor's complaining, you don't want them knowing, period. Also, if using pots invest in air pots, that have indented holes on their sides, which help cause micro rooting, which in turn will make your plants more robust. I'd also recommend using coco rather than dirt, because you'll have more control over the sterile environment and the coco can be used up to three times, soil only once.

Seven gallon grow pots for a tent, moe? Seems excessive to me, whereas i'd got with four, or five gallons and a saucer for each so you can drain to waste, but if you water them right you'll have no waste. Also if you need more info Beezlebozo there a wealth of info here.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Tue Dec 10, 5:10 pm

alpha wrote:
moe. wrote:
Beelzebozo wrote:
alpha wrote:

Not only do you not want your neighbor's complaining, you don't want them knowing, period. Also, if using pots invest in air pots, that have indented holes on their sides, which help cause micro rooting, which in turn will make your plants more robust. I'd also recommend using coco rather than dirt, because you'll have more control over the sterile environment and the coco can be used up to three times, soil only once.

Seven gallon grow pots for a tent, moe? Seems excessive to me, whereas i'd got with four, or five gallons and a saucer for each so you can drain to waste, but if you water them right you'll have no waste. Also if you need more info Beezlebozo there a wealth of info here.

I have to disagree with you about the soil Al. I used to think the same way, but I learned that once you have a super soil mix you stick with it and go with the best quality nutes you can find. The flush at the end of flowering leaves you with a clean slate for the next grow. As for the 7 gallon pots, I got my best results ever for an indoor grow last time with them. The plants were extremely robust and I averaged 3-4 ounces per plant. The nutes I used were Emerald Harvest, made for hydro grows but they work great in soil too.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Wed Dec 11, 1:47 am

moe wrote:I have to disagree with you about the soil Al. I used to think the same way, but I learned that once you have a super soil mix you stick with it and go with the best quality nutes you can find. The flush at the end of flowering leaves you with a clean slate for the next grow. As for the 7 gallon pots, I got my best results ever for an indoor grow last time with them. The plants were extremely robust and I averaged 3-4 ounces per plant. The nutes I used were Emerald Harvest, made for hydro grows but they work great in soil too.

If by super soil mix you mean Recycled Organic Living Soil, then yes i would agree with you, except you don't need the nutes anymore, they're all in the soil already. Also, with ROLS you don't have to flush as theirs nothing caustic in the plants, since you've used zero nutes. Flushing would only harm your ROLS anyway. However, if it's a regular mix of soils then no, coco is superior, as long as you buy a superior coco (and superior nutes). My preferred medium has been Atami's, in the past. Being able to use the medium more than once is optimal for the grower, because enzymes can be added that turn the previous roots into food for the new roots and the growth and robustness not only can be carried over, but seemingly increased exponentially.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Thu Dec 12, 4:12 am

Beelzebozo wrote:I'm totally uninformed. Help!

until your grow thing gets sorted out .....

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Thu Dec 12, 8:10 am

I enjoy reading helpful garden posts.

Hobie
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Hobie » Fri Jan 03, 7:51 pm

Illinois Legislature

There’s a new law in the Land of Lincoln! Yesterday, while ringing in a new decade, Illinois also saw the official start of legal cannabis sales for adults 21 and older.

Illinois residents can now purchase and possess up to 30 grams of raw cannabis, cannabis-infused products containing no more than 500 mg of THC, and five grams of cannabis product in concentrated form. Visitors to the state can purchase half those amounts. More than 40 dispensaries throughout Illinois have been approved to sell cannabis to adults.

MPP lobbied to improve cannabis policies in the for over 15 years and worked closely with legislators and the governor’s office to craft and pass this new law, which contains the most far-reaching social equity provisions ever included in a legalization law. It includes reinvestment in communities disproportionately harmed by cannabis prohibition, broad expungement provisions, and measures to ensure the industry includes communities that have been targeted by cannabis enforcement. On Tuesday, Gov. J.B. Pritzker granted over 11,000 pardons for low-level cannabis convictions, marking the first wave of expungements expected under the new law.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Fri Jan 10, 11:59 pm

Good news indeed, Hobie. I love they are clearing the jails of marijuana offenders. That needs to be done everywhere.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Sat Jan 11, 10:23 am

https://illinoissandp.com/wp-content/up ... OLmenu.pdf

Illinois menu, with prices like these the black market should continue to flourish. Anyone know how much the tax is on their stuff?

FlyByNite
super power poster
super power poster

Postby FlyByNite » Sat Jan 11, 7:56 pm

Over 40%.

Enjoy
FlyByNite

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Tue Jan 14, 8:14 pm

FlyByNite wrote:Over 40%.

Enjoy
FlyByNite

That's like an additional toll on highway robbery. I'd say drive to Michigan, however they have their own problems. Folks up there are in arms over the sweet fragrance of frightened skunks and cat piss in their back yards, wtf?

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/polic ... -marijuana

Return to “Coffeeshop board”