Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

The place to discuss political issues.

User avatar
modern roots
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 2381
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 7:19 am
Location: U.S.A.

Re: Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

Postby modern roots » Sat Apr 06, 1:13 am

Did I mention Kamala Harris wants to legalize marijuana?

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15455
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

Postby Dazzler » Sat Apr 06, 8:58 am

I predict O’Rourke selected, runs against Trump, Trump wins.

Bernie is your only hope if you don’t want another term of this piss-haired clown.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 3609
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 11:55 pm
Location: Snowbelt

Re: Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

Postby Cat » Wed Apr 17, 8:07 pm

Dazzler wrote:I predict O’Rourke selected, runs against Trump, Trump wins.

Bernie is your only hope if you don’t want another term of this piss-haired clown.


I'd like to vote for Bernie but sadly he keeps running as a Dem and not as an Independant. At best his candidacy has propagated more progressive concepts in recent years.

I'm quite fond of all the new progressive female members of Congress. Ocasio Cortez, Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib. Gutsy awesome fearless ladies. They scare the shit out of Republicans. More minorities please.

Now is the time to subvert the values of any and all Trump supporters.

Trump has given renewed voice to so many crazy fuckers in our society that I'll be amazed if we get through this election cycle with out attempts on candidates lives.

User avatar
Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 16142
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 12:30 am
Location: "Home of the yellow snow"

Re: Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

Postby Bohannon » Thu Apr 18, 3:22 pm

Sanders/Warren followed by Warren/Sanders could save our democracy (one term each please.)

User avatar
modern roots
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 2381
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 7:19 am
Location: U.S.A.

Re: Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

Postby modern roots » Fri Apr 26, 2:37 am

I'll be voting for the democrat that wants to legalize weed. Simple enough.

User avatar
Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 16142
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 12:30 am
Location: "Home of the yellow snow"

Re: Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

Postby Bohannon » Fri Apr 26, 2:55 pm

modern roots wrote:I'll be voting for the democrat that wants to legalize weed. Simple enough.



Because you're an idiot.

User avatar
modern roots
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 2381
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 7:19 am
Location: U.S.A.

Re: Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

Postby modern roots » Fri Apr 26, 4:21 pm

No, not because I'm an idiot, because I want weed to be legal everywhere. It's an important issue for me.

User avatar
Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 16142
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 12:30 am
Location: "Home of the yellow snow"

Re: Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

Postby Bohannon » Sat Apr 27, 1:35 pm

modern roots wrote:No, not because I'm an idiot, because I want weed to be legal everywhere. It's an important issue for me.



Yes, it's the most important issue to you because you're an idiot.

User avatar
modern roots
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 2381
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 7:19 am
Location: U.S.A.

Re: Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

Postby modern roots » Sun Apr 28, 1:49 am

Bohannon wrote:
modern roots wrote:No, not because I'm an idiot, because I want weed to be legal everywhere. It's an important issue for me.



Yes, it's the most important issue to you because you're an idiot.


OK Mr. Smarty pants. What's an important issue for you?

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1323
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trapped within space, time and motion
Contact:

Re: Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

Postby slither » Sun Apr 28, 7:26 am

modern roots wrote: OK Mr. Smarty pants. What's an important issue for you?


Denying individuals such as yourself access to firearms or flammable liquids.

User avatar
Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 16142
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 12:30 am
Location: "Home of the yellow snow"

Re: Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

Postby Bohannon » Sun Apr 28, 2:14 pm

Erm, Global warming, pay parity, human rights, clean elections, term limits, doing away with: gerrymandering, vote suppression, Citizens Untied...just to name a few that are much higher on my list than the legal right to get high. Personally IDC if cannabis is ever legalized. Laws have not kept me from the ganja.

User avatar
modern roots
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 2381
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 7:19 am
Location: U.S.A.

Re: Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

Postby modern roots » Mon Apr 29, 1:20 am

Bohannon wrote:Erm, Global warming, pay parity, human rights, clean elections, term limits, doing away with: gerrymandering, vote suppression, Citizens Untied...just to name a few that are much higher on my list than the legal right to get high. Personally IDC if cannabis is ever legalized. Laws have not kept me from the ganja.


Get real, Bo, nobody cares about global warming. Pay is equal now. Term limits will never happen. Human rights? We have the constitution. Voter suppression is a myth.
None of these things you listed are nearly as important as legalized weed. Too many people rotting in a jail cell for simple marijuana possession. Ask some of these people if the myth of global warming is as important as their freedom.

User avatar
Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 16142
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 12:30 am
Location: "Home of the yellow snow"

Re: Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

Postby Bohannon » Mon Apr 29, 12:30 pm

modern roots wrote:
Bohannon wrote:Erm, Global warming, pay parity, human rights, clean elections, term limits, doing away with: gerrymandering, vote suppression, Citizens Untied...just to name a few that are much higher on my list than the legal right to get high. Personally IDC if cannabis is ever legalized. Laws have not kept me from the ganja.


Get real, Bo, nobody cares about global warming. Pay is equal now. Term limits will never happen. Human rights? We have the constitution. Voter suppression is a myth.
None of these things you listed are nearly as important as legalized weed. Too many people rotting in a jail cell for simple marijuana possession. Ask some of these people if the myth of global warming is as important as their freedom.



All proof that you are, indeed an idiot. I will waste no more time. HANL.

User avatar
Cali Guy
super poster
super poster
Posts: 918
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 9:12 am
Location: Super Power Poster

Re: Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

Postby Cali Guy » Mon Apr 29, 8:47 pm

Bohannon wrote:I will waste no more time.






The threat he will be “moderated” is just more bullshit then?

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15455
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

Postby Dazzler » Wed May 01, 3:06 pm

modern roots wrote:
Bohannon wrote:Erm, Global warming, pay parity, human rights, clean elections, term limits, doing away with: gerrymandering, vote suppression, Citizens Untied...just to name a few that are much higher on my list than the legal right to get high. Personally IDC if cannabis is ever legalized. Laws have not kept me from the ganja.


Get real, Bo, nobody cares about global warming. Pay is equal now. Term limits will never happen. Human rights? We have the constitution. Voter suppression is a myth.
None of these things you listed are nearly as important as legalized weed. Too many people rotting in a jail cell for simple marijuana possession. Ask some of these people if the myth of global warming is as important as their freedom.


Smug, ignorant cock-end.

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1323
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trapped within space, time and motion
Contact:

Re: Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

Postby slither » Wed May 08, 3:07 pm

Cat wrote:
Dazzler wrote:I predict O’Rourke selected, runs against Trump, Trump wins.

Bernie is your only hope if you don’t want another term of this piss-haired clown.


I'd like to vote for Bernie but sadly he keeps running as a Dem and not as an Independant. At best his candidacy has propagated more progressive concepts in recent years.

I'm quite fond of all the new progressive female members of Congress. Ocasio Cortez, Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib. Gutsy awesome fearless ladies. They scare the shit out of Republicans. More minorities please.

Now is the time to subvert the values of any and all Trump supporters.

Trump has given renewed voice to so many crazy fuckers in our society that I'll be amazed if we get through this election cycle with out attempts on candidates lives.


I've said it before and I will say it again: the only 2016 candidate more disliked than Trump was Hillary. That in itself is quite an accomplishment, given the quality of the GOP primary field.

In my estimation, the DNC and its candidates are like a circular firing squad - they cannot seem to ever get their shit together as a party. Had they done so and admitted the viability of and enthusiasm for Bernie at that time, they would have demanded that Hillary and Bernie run together. They would be in the White House right now had they the courage, wisdom and foresight to do so.

As far as the GOP, the election of Trump has brought the crazy out like never before in our lifetime. All manner of dire predictions and fearful emanations have ensued, regarding everything from the justice department, the judiciary and foreign relations to simple everyday things like truth, clarity and the NFL. My sense is the last gasp of WASPs, the Religious Right, Conservatism and straight up angry, intellectually dishonest white people is upon us. Nothing scares that particular tribe quite like passionate, articulate and dedicated young women of diverse ethnicity.


LBJ was correct, and it will only get worse before it improves.


May their demise be accelerated and may we move beyond all of the above as quickly as possible.


In the meantime, to quote Carlin, "Enjoy the show."




Slith

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15455
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

Postby Dazzler » Wed May 08, 3:23 pm

Who the hell is enjoying this?

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1323
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trapped within space, time and motion
Contact:

Re: Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

Postby slither » Fri Jun 28, 6:52 pm

Confession: I did not watch either of the debates this week, but from what I have noticed in clips and highlights, gleaned from online reports and discerned from a bit of cable TV, the Democrats are in deep deep shit. The party missed its last best chance by not encouraging Hillary and Bernie to build a coalition and work together. They fucking blew it big time on that. Old news - but worth mentioning. Not one person at either debate has a serious, viable chance at capturing the independent, centrist majority that currently exists in this country and - as recent elections have proven - is pivotal to any majority electorate come time to actually vote.

Why?

Too much identity politics and victimization. Let's be clear: none of these candidates will step outside of the party comfort zone on these issues except for perhaps Bernie Sanders. Bernie is an Independent. He is an older white male past his prime, albeit with some great ideas. Elizabeth Warren also has some great ideas. Both she and Bernie have raised, debated and defended these ideas for quite some time. However, virtually all of the rest are either opportunists, also-rans or the "flavor of the moment." Booker? Please. Beto? Not a chance. Kamala? Nope. The game of the moment seems to be all about the takedown of Joe Biden - a man well-past his political expiration date - and then what?

Ideally, Bernie and Liz Warren have the policy ideas and name recognition to pull it off come election, but the independent voters will be the deciding factor. Maybe this is what we need. Even so, it is unlikely to happen because of their age, skin color and the nature of the DNC.

Just consider the dichotomy between AOC and Pelosi, for example. Pompous and old vs. pompous and naïve - great; but how does this advance the party?

It does not.

To be fair, the GOP is also heavily reliant on victimhood in its messaging, but the take is different. With the GOP, it is a factor of "us vs. them," and the intellectually dishonest hypocrisy of the evangelical bloc. That is really all they have. But to their credit, they know how to pull together and fall in line for the team. Consider Lindsey Graham? Marco Rubio? Ted Cruz?

If the independent voters vote en masse for anyone other than Trump, we may be fine.

If Trump has to deal with a challenge from the right, this could only help.

But: unless the DNC party faithful deviate from the road they are on at the moment (unlikely), Democratic voters will continue to be mired in the circular firing squad of the current crop of candidates, continue to wallow in the same tired old song and dance, and another four years of the orangutan is virtually assured.

It all hinges on the great unwashed middle - the extremes have come to dominate the party apparatus and the messaging on both sides, and only those voters strong enough and informed enough to call bullshit on the process can save us. Think about it.

GOP: 28%
Dems: 31%
Ind: 41%


Why does it have to be so difficult?

A pox on both of their houses.



Cheers,
Slith

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 3609
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 11:55 pm
Location: Snowbelt

Re: Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

Postby Cat » Thu Jul 18, 10:47 am

No to Biden.

Yes to young progressives. Mayor Pete perhaps.

User avatar
Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 16142
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 12:30 am
Location: "Home of the yellow snow"

Re: Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

Postby Bohannon » Thu Jul 18, 1:05 pm

Cat wrote:No to Biden.

Yes to young progressives. Mayor Pete perhaps.



Sanders / Warren followed by Warren / Sanders (or the other way around, lol)

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 3609
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 11:55 pm
Location: Snowbelt

Re: Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

Postby Cat » Thu Jul 18, 2:57 pm

Bohannon wrote:
Cat wrote:No to Biden.

Yes to young progressives. Mayor Pete perhaps.



Sanders / Warren followed by Warren / Sanders (or the other way around, lol)


I'm ready to pass the torch to some young bloods. I've had enough of white geezers.

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 3968
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

Postby alpha » Fri Jul 19, 6:55 am

Cat wrote:
Bohannon wrote:
Cat wrote:No to Biden.

Yes to young progressives. Mayor Pete perhaps.



Sanders / Warren followed by Warren / Sanders (or the other way around, lol)


I'm ready to pass the torch to some young bloods. I've had enough of white geezers.


Have either of you given this babe a look?

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15455
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

Postby Dazzler » Fri Jul 19, 12:45 pm

You really want more religious fundamentalists in the WH?

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 3609
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 11:55 pm
Location: Snowbelt

Re: Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

Postby Cat » Fri Jul 19, 4:21 pm

alpha wrote:
Have either of you given this babe a look?


Why did she individually meet with Syria's Bashar al-Assad without notifying our government officials and come home appearing to believe that the US should NOT intervene in the war there? She claimed she compelled Assad to have open and fair elections in Syria and intimated that he agreed to her suggestions. By all accounts her trips to Syria have been considered a political disaster. She has also claimed skepticism that Assad has been behind chemical attacks on innocent syrians.

And oh yeah, she's hindu. Can she make political decisions with out referencing her spriritual life?

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 3968
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

Postby alpha » Mon Jul 22, 9:05 am

Cat wrote:
alpha wrote:
Have either of you given this babe a look?


Why did she individually meet with Syria's Bashar al-Assad without notifying our government officials and come home appearing to believe that the US should NOT intervene in the war there?


I believe, because our outlaw regime wouldn't have allowed it any other way. Also, our intervention there IS illegal and our sanctions on them for political leverage are in fact illegal acts of war.

Cat wrote:She claimed she compelled Assad to have open and fair elections in Syria and intimated that he agreed to her suggestions. By all accounts her trips to Syria have been considered a political disaster.


I'm sure our regime considers it a disaster. Have you ever noticed how the american regime rarely supports democratically elected gov't's and mostly supports dictatorships? Ever pondered why that is? america's 'regime' change on Venezuela's Maduro's freely elected presidency is a prime example. He won't give america his oil for free, so we want regime change. Libya is another. Kadafi wanted to take his economy to the gold standard, which was unacceptable to the outlaw american regime, so they offed him.

Cat wrote:She has also claimed skepticism that Assad has been behind chemical attacks on innocent syrians.


Likely because he wasn't behind any of them! No proof has ever been produced linking his gov't to the attacks. That can't be said of america's proxies in Syria, including al queda.

Are you aware the american regime is most likely responsible for lyme disease in ticks, during the sixties and seventies? Rocky mountain spotted fever and the lone star tick's diseases too (of which i contracted the latter, fortunately it only lasts a couple of years, if not bit again) and i just read a pdf file earlier implicating our regime in the creation of the AIDES virus. Hard to listen to a regime's finger pointing, when they're as dastardly as ours.

Cat wrote:And oh yeah, she's hindu. Can she make political decisions with out referencing her spriritual life?


Hindu's aren't nearly as bombastic as christians, nor as warlike so i'd take that as a bonus. She has shown she can make political decisions that stand in the face of our deep state and that is a very rare ideology amongst the democratic contenders, or in our gov't, in general.

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1323
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trapped within space, time and motion
Contact:

Re: Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

Postby slither » Thu Aug 01, 8:53 pm

The Democrats just cannot stop the fucking farce.

If the youth and independent vote does not turn out in the swing states, it’s going to be Trump 2.0 come election time.

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1323
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trapped within space, time and motion
Contact:

Re: Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

Postby slither » Tue Aug 20, 5:28 pm

Biden, Sanders and Warren have consistently maintained their respective levels of support among their core base, while Harris has plummeted, Booker has stalled and Buttigieg has leveled off at under ten percent. Beto has failed to launch - twice.

It is also curious to note that 80% of Democratic voters are not liberal and 70% do not have a college degree.

While I really enjoy Beto, Gabbard, and ‘Mayor Pete,’ I really wish Harris and Booker would shut the fuck up and go away. They are race-baiting opportunists who will never garner the nomination, let alone carry enough states to win in a general election. In my view, their only appeal lies among that 20% of Democratic voters who identify as liberal and push the same failed identity politics that brought us Hillary 2.0 and paved the way for the bellowing orange sphincter. I believe that Bernie and Warren appeal generally to that same 20% but for different reasons, not the least of which includes decent policy ideas and careers built around those ideas such that they are knowable, accessible and thus remain viable.

It is also important that the GOP Senate in its current form be brought down once and for all, and we will need to rely on the voices of some of the current candidates to get there for the good of the country.

The Democrats need only to hold their ground and pick up three seats.

Whoever the team might be that goes into the general under the Democratic banner will need to appeal sufficiently broadly to carry enough states. Don’t bitch about the popular vote vs. the electoral vote - just get out and vote!



Cheers,
Slith

User avatar
Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 16142
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 12:30 am
Location: "Home of the yellow snow"

Re: Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

Postby Bohannon » Wed Aug 21, 2:08 pm

Pretty good analysis Slith. I want Warren because she has policies and plans to implement them unlike the others who seem to be just blowing smoke. Biden gains from his association with Obama (sigh, I sure miss dignity in the White House) but suffers from the "just another old white guy" syndrome. Warren/Sanders then they switch for the second term (or the other way around due to Sanders" age.)

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 3609
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 11:55 pm
Location: Snowbelt

Re: Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

Postby Cat » Sun Aug 25, 7:20 pm

I'm endorsing Beto. He won me over with his El Paso post shooter analysis of Trump Culture.

User avatar
Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 16142
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 12:30 am
Location: "Home of the yellow snow"

Re: Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

Postby Bohannon » Mon Aug 26, 3:04 pm

Cat wrote:I'm endorsing Beto. He won me over with his El Paso post shooter analysis of Trump Culture.



I'd like him better if he could manage to keep from flailing his arms about like they are attached to his mouth. I cannot watch.


Return to “All Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests