Oakland California Mayor Oughtta be in Jail

The place to discuss political issues.

User avatar
boneymaroni
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5383
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 9:18 pm
Location: To the left of center
Contact:

Oakland California Mayor Oughtta be in Jail

Postby boneymaroni » Sat Mar 03, 4:25 am

But she's not.

Where's Jeff Sessions? Trump's designated Mister Magoo whipping boy....

Somebody up in Washington need to draw a 'red line'. LMFAO!

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1152
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

Re: Oakland California Mayor Oughtta be in Jail

Postby slither » Sat Mar 03, 2:13 pm

boneymaroni wrote: Jeff Sessions? Trump's designated Mister Magoo whipping boy....!



Sessions stole his signature look from Dumbo the Flying Elephant.

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15360
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Oakland California Mayor Oughtta be in Jail

Postby Dazzler » Sat Mar 03, 2:28 pm

She’s part of the resistance. These people will be your salvation when the US gets its Nuremberg.

User avatar
Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6990
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 8:36 pm
Location: @ 7,230 Feet

Re: Oakland California Mayor Oughtta be in Jail

Postby Old Fart » Sun Mar 04, 2:58 pm

Dazzler wrote:She’s part of the resistance. These people will be your salvation when the US gets its Nuremberg.



"Of those 232, 180 “were either convicted criminals, had been issued a final order of removal and failed to depart the United States, or had been previously removed” from the country and had come back illegally.

Another 115 "had prior felony convictions for serious or violent offenses, such as child sex crimes, weapons charges and assault, or had past convictions for significant or multiple misdemeanors."

Yeah, she's a real winner.

User avatar
Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6135
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 7:43 pm
Location: Outside the Box

Re: Oakland California Mayor Oughtta be in Jail

Postby Rudy » Sun Mar 04, 5:06 pm

Old Fart wrote:
Dazzler wrote:She’s part of the resistance. These people will be your salvation when the US gets its Nuremberg.



"Of those 232, 180 “were either convicted criminals, had been issued a final order of removal and failed to depart the United States, or had been previously removed” from the country and had come back illegally.

Another 115 "had prior felony convictions for serious or violent offenses, such as child sex crimes, weapons charges and assault, or had past convictions for significant or multiple misdemeanors."

Yeah, she's a real winner.


295 criminals out of 232 immigrants.
Appalling.
Last edited by Rudy on Sun Mar 04, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6990
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 8:36 pm
Location: @ 7,230 Feet

Re: Oakland California Mayor Oughtta be in Jail

Postby Old Fart » Sun Mar 04, 6:34 pm

I'm sure this behavior of allowing convicted criminals back into society without regard for the community or rule of law is happening in Great Britain and all over the world.

Not.

User avatar
Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6135
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 7:43 pm
Location: Outside the Box

Re: Oakland California Mayor Oughtta be in Jail

Postby Rudy » Sun Mar 04, 7:16 pm

Personally, I'm all about enforcement when it comes to crime, particularly violent crimes.
Most every American can honestly say that.
And our borders need strengthening.
It is totally wrong, however, to use this argument to defend the institutionalized discrimination, confusion and government inaction concerning innocent DACA protection recipients.
Along with hostile, divisive rhetoric from our WH.

Immigration and crime are 2 completely different, yet intersecting facets.

It is what it is.
They are what they are.
It would be nice to see it as such

User avatar
Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6990
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 8:36 pm
Location: @ 7,230 Feet

Re: Oakland California Mayor Oughtta be in Jail

Postby Old Fart » Sun Mar 04, 7:46 pm

The law is the law. There is no good argument for allowing violent criminals back into society. There isn't a place on the planet where someone who violates immigration laws, are deported several times and returns and then are let off the hook besides America.

All countries have laws on immigration and America is the only one who doesn't enforce them. I personally don't want anyone arrested or deported who has become a law abiding part of our community , but if that person has committed crimes while being here they deserve what any US citizen would get. Time in jail or another ticket home.

User avatar
Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6990
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 8:36 pm
Location: @ 7,230 Feet

Re: Oakland California Mayor Oughtta be in Jail

Postby Old Fart » Sun Mar 04, 7:49 pm

This has zero to do with DACA. It's about individuals and their actions. No thinking adult could possibly belive we could find and deport 700,000 mostly innocent people allowed in by that program.

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1152
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

Re: Oakland California Mayor Oughtta be in Jail

Postby slither » Sun Mar 04, 11:00 pm

Old Fart wrote:The law is the law.



Please.
Just STFU, LOL.

User avatar
Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6990
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 8:36 pm
Location: @ 7,230 Feet

Re: Oakland California Mayor Oughtta be in Jail

Postby Old Fart » Sun Mar 04, 11:17 pm

slither wrote:
Old Fart wrote:The law is the law.



Please.
Just STFU, LOL.


If you can't add anything useful shove your childlike comment up your vagina.

User avatar
Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6135
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 7:43 pm
Location: Outside the Box

Re: Oakland California Mayor Oughtta be in Jail

Postby Rudy » Mon Mar 05, 12:59 am

Old Fart wrote:This has zero to do with DACA. It's about individuals and their actions. No thinking adult could possibly belive we could find and deport 700,000 mostly innocent people allowed in by that program.

Agreed. Individuals and their actions.
Plenty of innocent folks getting tangled up with the "law" in misbegotten ICE raids every day.
And DACA recipients are being politicized in all this and literally terrorized by conservative hawks action(or lack thereof) in Washington.

User avatar
MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5326
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 3:20 pm
Location: state of Bliss
Contact:

Re: Oakland California Mayor Oughtta be in Jail

Postby MileHighDenver » Mon Mar 05, 2:01 pm

Old Fart wrote:The law is the law. There is no good argument for allowing violent criminals back into society. There isn't a place on the planet where someone who violates immigration laws, are deported several times and returns and then are let off the hook besides America.

All countries have laws on immigration and America is the only one who doesn't enforce them. I personally don't want anyone arrested or deported who has become a law abiding part of our community , but if that person has committed crimes while being here they deserve what any US citizen would get. Time in jail or another ticket home.


So I understand your position clearly. Are you saying that if an undocumented migrant gets caught and hasn't broken any "other" law besides being here without documentation, you're ok with him/her staying? But if that same person gets caught with a gun, he should be deported? Or if they commit several misdemeanors they should be sent back? Did I get that right?

I personally know of Americans living without documentation in other countries that have been arrested but are still there. So it's not exactly as you might think.

User avatar
Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6990
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 8:36 pm
Location: @ 7,230 Feet

Re: Oakland California Mayor Oughtta be in Jail

Postby Old Fart » Mon Mar 05, 3:23 pm

Yes, that's what I'm saying. I believe all 1.8 + million people here without documentation should be allowed to stay and work towards citizenship if they haven't committed homicide forcible rape, aggravated assault, robbery and similar crimes.

Now you tell me, do you believe a person who has committed these crimes should be released back into the community?

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1152
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

Re: Oakland California Mayor Oughtta be in Jail

Postby slither » Mon Mar 05, 8:33 pm

Old Fart wrote:
slither wrote:
Old Fart wrote:The law is the law.



Please.
Just STFU, LOL.


If you can't add anything useful shove your childlike comment up your vagina.



Still laughing.

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1152
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

Re: Oakland California Mayor Oughtta be in Jail

Postby slither » Mon Mar 05, 8:34 pm

...and laughing.

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1152
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

Re: Oakland California Mayor Oughtta be in Jail

Postby slither » Mon Mar 05, 9:03 pm

Old Fart wrote:Yes, that's what I'm saying. I believe all 1.8 + million people here without documentation should be allowed to stay and work towards citizenship if they haven't committed homicide forcible rape, aggravated assault, robbery and similar crimes.

Now you tell me, do you believe a person who has committed these crimes should be released back into the community?


You say 'the law is the law,' then happily misapply your own premise with respect to the identified groups.

How are violent criminals and non-violent undocumented childhood arrivals distinguishable?
Why should we fear one group loose on the street but not the other?
If the law is the law - then we treat them the same, regardless.
If we say the law is the law but we treat them differently because we fear one group but not the other then the law is not the law.
If we say the law is the law but then choose to apply it differently based on our subjective perceptions then the law is not the law.
If the law is not the law then why say things like 'the law is the law?'

User avatar
Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6990
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 8:36 pm
Location: @ 7,230 Feet

Re: Oakland California Mayor Oughtta be in Jail

Postby Old Fart » Mon Mar 05, 9:24 pm

Some laws are made to be broken. This is where you tell me again that you don't know what a violent crime is, or that we know they committed violent crimes because police departments keep a record of such things. Just say you want violent known criminals released back into the community and own it. Enough with your verbal diarrhea take a position poser.

User avatar
Cali Guy
super poster
super poster
Posts: 895
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 9:12 am
Location: Super Power Poster

Re: Oakland California Mayor Oughtta be in Jail

Postby Cali Guy » Mon Mar 05, 10:03 pm

slither wrote:How are violent criminals and non-violent undocumented childhood arrivals distinguishable?


When conduct escalates from illegal to criminal ?

slither wrote:Why should we fear one group loose on the street but not the other?

If we say the law is the law but we treat them differently because we fear one group but not the other then the law is not the law.
'


Because one group are violent criminals and the other group isn't ?

User avatar
MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5326
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 3:20 pm
Location: state of Bliss
Contact:

Re: Oakland California Mayor Oughtta be in Jail

Postby MileHighDenver » Mon Mar 05, 11:45 pm

Old Fart wrote:Yes, that's what I'm saying. I believe all 1.8 + million people here without documentation should be allowed to stay and work towards citizenship if they haven't committed homicide forcible rape, aggravated assault, robbery and similar crimes.

Now you tell me, do you believe a person who has committed these crimes should be released back into the community?


After they have been convicted, sentenced, and done their time then yes. It’s not very nice to our neighbors or even very smart to just release accused criminals across the border. They could recross within hours.

User avatar
Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6990
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 8:36 pm
Location: @ 7,230 Feet

Re: Oakland California Mayor Oughtta be in Jail

Postby Old Fart » Mon Mar 05, 11:56 pm

They can only be convicted tried and jailed if they aren't released. Thus the topic at hand. I'm glad we agree here.

User avatar
smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5869
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 10:45 pm
Location: 3rd. rock
Contact:

Re: Oakland California Mayor Oughtta be in Jail

Postby smokedpeppers » Tue Mar 06, 3:29 am

has anybody calculated the liabilities vs assets of a open border, stampede approach?

User avatar
Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6990
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 8:36 pm
Location: @ 7,230 Feet

Re: Oakland California Mayor Oughtta be in Jail

Postby Old Fart » Tue Mar 06, 3:49 pm

smokedpeppers wrote:has anybody calculated the liabilities vs assets of a open border, stampede approach?


No borders no country. We welcome over one million legal immigrants a year. I'd like to see some other country critical of USA immigration policy step up and give it a go through.

User avatar
MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5326
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 3:20 pm
Location: state of Bliss
Contact:

Re: Oakland California Mayor Oughtta be in Jail

Postby MileHighDenver » Tue Mar 06, 3:57 pm

Old Fart wrote:
smokedpeppers wrote:has anybody calculated the liabilities vs assets of a open border, stampede approach?


No borders no country. We welcome over one million legal immigrants a year. I'd like to see some other country critical of USA immigration policy step up and give it a go through.


http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/10/get-rid-borders-completely/409501/

User avatar
Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6990
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 8:36 pm
Location: @ 7,230 Feet

Re: Oakland California Mayor Oughtta be in Jail

Postby Old Fart » Tue Mar 06, 4:14 pm

MileHighDenver wrote:
Old Fart wrote:
smokedpeppers wrote:has anybody calculated the liabilities vs assets of a open border, stampede approach?


No borders no country. We welcome over one million legal immigrants a year. I'd like to see some other country critical of USA immigration policy step up and give it a go through.


http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/10/get-rid-borders-completely/409501/


No doubt about it. Being born in any free industrialized country is like winning the lottery.

Now back to reality.

User avatar
smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5869
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 10:45 pm
Location: 3rd. rock
Contact:

Re: Oakland California Mayor Oughtta be in Jail

Postby smokedpeppers » Tue Mar 06, 4:22 pm

MileHighDenver wrote:
Old Fart wrote:
smokedpeppers wrote:has anybody calculated the liabilities vs assets of a open border, stampede approach?


No borders no country. We welcome over one million legal immigrants a year. I'd like to see some other country critical of USA immigration policy step up and give it a go through.


http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/10/get-rid-borders-completely/409501/

yes, but presently it isn't that way and that dog will probably never hunt . so the 'liabilities vs assets' should be factored in .

User avatar
MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5326
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 3:20 pm
Location: state of Bliss
Contact:

Re: Oakland California Mayor Oughtta be in Jail

Postby MileHighDenver » Tue Mar 06, 7:16 pm

Old Fart wrote:
MileHighDenver wrote:
Old Fart wrote:
smokedpeppers wrote:has anybody calculated the liabilities vs assets of a open border, stampede approach?


No borders no country. We welcome over one million legal immigrants a year. I'd like to see some other country critical of USA immigration policy step up and give it a go through.


http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/10/get-rid-borders-completely/409501/


No doubt about it. Being born in any free industrialized country is like winning the lottery.


Is it though? The price is high and being a fiscal slave to the wealthy and government has it’s down side. The rats keep winning the rat race.

User avatar
Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6231
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 5:32 am
Location: The Eldorado Cafe...

Re: Oakland California Mayor Oughtta be in Jail

Postby Banks » Tue Mar 06, 7:37 pm

MileHighDenver wrote:
Old Fart wrote:
MileHighDenver wrote:
Old Fart wrote:
smokedpeppers wrote:has anybody calculated the liabilities vs assets of a open border, stampede approach?


No borders no country. We welcome over one million legal immigrants a year. I'd like to see some other country critical of USA immigration policy step up and give it a go through.


http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/10/get-rid-borders-completely/409501/


No doubt about it. Being born in any free industrialized country is like winning the lottery.


Is it though? The price is high and being a fiscal slave to the wealthy and government has it’s down side. The rats keep winning the rat race.


I'm sure any of the children in this article would gladly exchange their place in life for yours...
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/technol ... li=BBnbfcN

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15360
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Oakland California Mayor Oughtta be in Jail

Postby Dazzler » Wed Mar 07, 8:25 am

Old Fart wrote:The law is the law. There is no good argument for allowing violent criminals back into society. There isn't a place on the planet where someone who violates immigration laws, are deported several times and returns and then are let off the hook besides America.

All countries have laws on immigration and America is the only one who doesn't enforce them. I personally don't want anyone arrested or deported who has become a law abiding part of our community , but if that person has committed crimes while being here they deserve what any US citizen would get. Time in jail or another ticket home.


Presumably you turned yourself in every time you bought any weed prior to 2010-ish?

The law is the law.

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1152
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

Re: Oakland California Mayor Oughtta be in Jail

Postby slither » Wed Mar 07, 9:54 am

Old Fart wrote:Some laws are made to be broken. This is where you tell me again that you don't know what a violent crime is, or that we know they committed violent crimes because police departments keep a record of such things. Just say you want violent known criminals released back into the community and own it. Enough with your verbal diarrhea take a position poser.


You are conflicted.
You like the good brown people - not the rapists and murderers. We get that.


Return to “All Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests