The continuing crisis

The place to discuss political issues.

nemesystem
super poster
super poster
Posts: 915
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 9:50 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby nemesystem » Fri Jan 26, 2:44 am

Old Fart wrote:
nemesystem wrote:Cops have killed 83 people in America so far in 2018.
How about in Holland? or UK?


There are 320 million people in the USA. Cops are definitely way to trigger happy here but that's really not a good comparison is it?


it's not?

What would your comparison be then?

User avatar
Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6990
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 8:36 pm
Location: @ 7,230 Feet

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby Old Fart » Fri Jan 26, 3:48 am

nemesystem wrote:
Old Fart wrote:
nemesystem wrote:Cops have killed 83 people in America so far in 2018.
How about in Holland? or UK?


There are 320 million people in the USA. Cops are definitely way to trigger happy here but that's really not a good comparison is it?


it's not?

What would your comparison be then?


Comparing it to a country with a similar population? Anyway I completely agree with your message.

User avatar
Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 16046
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 12:30 am
Location: "Home of the yellow snow"

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby Bohannon » Fri Jan 26, 3:09 pm

Old Fart wrote:
nemesystem wrote:Cops have killed 83 people in America so far in 2018.
How about in Holland? or UK?


There are 320 million people in the USA. Cops are definitely way to trigger happy here but that's really not a good comparison is it?



Typical lazy uninformed response: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -countries

User avatar
Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6990
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 8:36 pm
Location: @ 7,230 Feet

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby Old Fart » Fri Jan 26, 4:12 pm

Bohannon wrote:
Old Fart wrote:
nemesystem wrote:Cops have killed 83 people in America so far in 2018.
How about in Holland? or UK?


There are 320 million people in the USA. Cops are definitely way to trigger happy here but that's really not a good comparison is it?



Typical lazy uninformed response: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -countries


Oh just fuck off you pathetic sack of shit. You've been bitch-slapped so often around here you should just pipe down.

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1125
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby slither » Fri Jan 26, 6:00 pm

No. Please proceed - this is sure to be an epic Channels feud.
A fine debate.

User avatar
Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 16046
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 12:30 am
Location: "Home of the yellow snow"

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby Bohannon » Fri Jan 26, 7:06 pm

Old Fart wrote:
Bohannon wrote:
Old Fart wrote:
nemesystem wrote:Cops have killed 83 people in America so far in 2018.
How about in Holland? or UK?


There are 320 million people in the USA. Cops are definitely way to trigger happy here but that's really not a good comparison is it?



Typical lazy uninformed response: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -countries


Oh just fuck off you pathetic sack of shit. You've been bitch-slapped so often around here you should just pipe down.



You always try and fail to "slap me down". I will agree though, you are quite the bitch.

nemesystem
super poster
super poster
Posts: 915
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 9:50 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby nemesystem » Fri Jan 26, 10:52 pm

Old Fart wrote:
nemesystem wrote:
Old Fart wrote:
nemesystem wrote:Cops have killed 83 people in America so far in 2018.
How about in Holland? or UK?


There are 320 million people in the USA. Cops are definitely way to trigger happy here but that's really not a good comparison is it?


it's not?

What would your comparison be then?


Comparing it to a country with a similar population?


lol and which country or countries would that be? India and China both exceed our populations so I figured neither were a good comparison .

Maybe Vietnam? Australia & New Zealand lol?

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 3792
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby alpha » Sat Jan 27, 12:31 am

nemesystem wrote:
Old Fart wrote:
nemesystem wrote:
Old Fart wrote:
nemesystem wrote:Cops have killed 83 people in America so far in 2018.
How about in Holland? or UK?


There are 320 million people in the USA. Cops are definitely way to trigger happy here but that's really not a good comparison is it?


it's not?

What would your comparison be then?


Comparing it to a country with a similar population?


lol and which country or countries would that be? India and China both exceed our populations so I figured neither were a good comparison .

Maybe Vietnam? Australia & New Zealand lol?


Indonesia appears to be the closest nemesystem.

https://www.indexmundi.com/g/r.aspx

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15342
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby Dazzler » Sat Jan 27, 1:42 pm

nemesystem wrote:
Old Fart wrote:
nemesystem wrote:
Old Fart wrote:
nemesystem wrote:Cops have killed 83 people in America so far in 2018.
How about in Holland? or UK?


There are 320 million people in the USA. Cops are definitely way to trigger happy here but that's really not a good comparison is it?


it's not?

What would your comparison be then?


Comparing it to a country with a similar population?


lol and which country or countries would that be? India and China both exceed our populations so I figured neither were a good comparison .

Maybe Vietnam? Australia & New Zealand lol?



There''s this thing called 'mathematics'. It's quite the rage for the last couple of thousand years.

http://bfy.tw/GH7r

User avatar
Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6990
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 8:36 pm
Location: @ 7,230 Feet

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby Old Fart » Sat Jan 27, 4:44 pm

Dazzler wrote:
nemesystem wrote:
Old Fart wrote:
nemesystem wrote:
Old Fart wrote:
nemesystem wrote:Cops have killed 83 people in America so far in 2018.
How about in Holland? or UK?


There are 320 million people in the USA. Cops are definitely way to trigger happy here but that's really not a good comparison is it?


it's not?

What would your comparison be then?


Comparing it to a country with a similar population?


lol and which country or countries would that be? India and China both exceed our populations so I figured neither were a good comparison .

Maybe Vietnam? Australia & New Zealand lol?



There''s this thing called 'mathematics'. It's quite the rage for the last couple of thousand years.

http://bfy.tw/GH7r


That's cool.

nemesystem
super poster
super poster
Posts: 915
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 9:50 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby nemesystem » Sat Jan 27, 6:48 pm

Dazzler wrote:
nemesystem wrote:
Old Fart wrote:
nemesystem wrote:
Old Fart wrote:
nemesystem wrote:Cops have killed 83 people in America so far in 2018.
How about in Holland? or UK?


There are 320 million people in the USA. Cops are definitely way to trigger happy here but that's really not a good comparison is it?


it's not?

What would your comparison be then?


Comparing it to a country with a similar population?


lol and which country or countries would that be? India and China both exceed our populations so I figured neither were a good comparison .

Maybe Vietnam? Australia & New Zealand lol?



There''s this thing called 'mathematics'. It's quite the rage for the last couple of thousand years.

http://bfy.tw/GH7r


amazing please tell me more lol

That better? lol
Last edited by nemesystem on Sun Jan 28, 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6990
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 8:36 pm
Location: @ 7,230 Feet

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby Old Fart » Sat Jan 27, 8:19 pm

nemesystem wrote:
Dazzler wrote:
nemesystem wrote:
Old Fart wrote:
nemesystem wrote:
Old Fart wrote:
nemesystem wrote:Cops have killed 83 people in America so far in 2018.
How about in Holland? or UK?


There are 320 million people in the USA. Cops are definitely way to trigger happy here but that's really not a good comparison is it?


it's not?

What would your comparison be then?


Comparing it to a country with a similar population?


lol and which country or countries would that be? India and China both exceed our populations so I figured neither were a good comparison .

Maybe Vietnam? Australia & New Zealand lol?



There''s this thing called 'mathematics'. It's quite the rage for the last couple of thousand years.

http://bfy.tw/GH7r


amazing please tell me more


What no lol?

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 3792
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby alpha » Sun Jan 28, 9:31 am

Have a need to keep track of disasters?

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php

User avatar
smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5841
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 10:45 pm
Location: 3rd. rock
Contact:

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby smokedpeppers » Thu Feb 08, 2:49 pm

stateside has descended into chaos, the press used to uncover government wrongdoing . today’s press is defending it .

User avatar
Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6218
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 5:32 am
Location: The Eldorado Cafe...

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby Banks » Thu Feb 08, 3:52 pm

MileHighDenver wrote:If you can pass a standard roadside sobriety test, you should be good to go.

There's a standard roadside sobriety test for weed?

User avatar
MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5319
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 3:20 pm
Location: state of Bliss
Contact:

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby MileHighDenver » Fri Feb 09, 1:40 am

Banks wrote:
MileHighDenver wrote:If you can pass a standard roadside sobriety test, you should be good to go.

There's a standard roadside sobriety test for weed?


Isn’t sober, sober?

User avatar
Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6218
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 5:32 am
Location: The Eldorado Cafe...

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby Banks » Fri Feb 09, 4:43 pm

MileHighDenver wrote:
Banks wrote:
MileHighDenver wrote:If you can pass a standard roadside sobriety test, you should be good to go.

There's a standard roadside sobriety test for weed?


Isn’t sober, sober?


Not if you're using an alcohol sobriety test to test for weed sobriety, correct?

User avatar
Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6124
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 7:43 pm
Location: Outside the Box

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby Rudy » Fri Feb 09, 5:17 pm

Banks wrote:
MileHighDenver wrote:
Banks wrote:
MileHighDenver wrote:If you can pass a standard roadside sobriety test, you should be good to go.

There's a standard roadside sobriety test for weed?


Isn’t sober, sober?


Not if you're using an alcohol sobriety test to test for weed sobriety, correct?


Its all just made up horseshit.
Someone in authority will dream up a plan and it will be implemented.
It will no doubt be flawed like all other human endeavors, like fascist regimes and State legislatures for instance.
Hopefully the ingenious new procedures won`t include a DNA test or some other sly
governmental invasion of privacy...

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 3792
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby alpha » Sat Feb 10, 1:04 am

Rudy wrote:...or some other sly
governmental invasion of privacy...


"They" can watch and listen to us on our cell phones whether they're turned on, or not! They can do the same with tv, monitors, radios, tablets and the list goes on. What part of your 'right to privacy' do you believe you have left?

User avatar
Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6218
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 5:32 am
Location: The Eldorado Cafe...

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby Banks » Sat Feb 10, 2:37 pm

alpha wrote:
Rudy wrote:...or some other sly
governmental invasion of privacy...


"They" can watch and listen to us on our cell phones whether they're turned on, or not! They can do the same with tv, monitors, radios, tablets and the list goes on. What part of your 'right to privacy' do you believe you have left?


At least my microwave still works...

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 3792
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby alpha » Sat Feb 10, 7:10 pm

Banks wrote:
alpha wrote:
Rudy wrote:...or some other sly
governmental invasion of privacy...


"They" can watch and listen to us on our cell phones whether they're turned on, or not! They can do the same with tv, monitors, radios, tablets and the list goes on. What part of your 'right to privacy' do you believe you have left?


At least my microwave still works...


Unlucky you for still having one, Banks and especially if you're still using it. They cause insidious things to occur in the body. Mine produced kidney stones on an average of two a year for more than a dozen years, in me, but since giving the oven the boot not a single one in over five years.

It should be known by everyone using a microwave, that if you take two cups of water, in separate cups and boil one cup of water in a microwave for one minute, then also boil the other cup of water on a stovetop for one minute. Allow both to cool to room temperature and then begin feeding only the water to newly sprouted plants, one with the microwaved water and the other from the stovetop. The sprout your feeding the microwaved water to will be dead in a few days.

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1125
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby slither » Sun Feb 11, 6:11 am

alpha wrote:
Banks wrote:
alpha wrote:
Rudy wrote:...or some other sly
governmental invasion of privacy...


"They" can watch and listen to us on our cell phones whether they're turned on, or not! They can do the same with tv, monitors, radios, tablets and the list goes on. What part of your 'right to privacy' do you believe you have left?


At least my microwave still works...


Unlucky you for still having one, Banks and especially if you're still using it. They cause insidious things to occur in the body. Mine produced kidney stones on an average of two a year for more than a dozen years, in me, but since giving the oven the boot not a single one in over five years.

It should be known by everyone using a microwave, that if you take two cups of water, in separate cups and boil one cup of water in a microwave for one minute, then also boil the other cup of water on a stovetop for one minute. Allow both to cool to room temperature and then begin feeding only the water to newly sprouted plants, one with the microwaved water and the other from the stovetop. The sprout your feeding the microwaved water to will be dead in a few days.


Bullshit.
It is sad that you believe such nonsense.

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 3792
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby alpha » Mon Feb 12, 7:24 am

slither wrote:
alpha wrote:
Banks wrote:
alpha wrote:
Rudy wrote:...or some other sly
governmental invasion of privacy...


"They" can watch and listen to us on our cell phones whether they're turned on, or not! They can do the same with tv, monitors, radios, tablets and the list goes on. What part of your 'right to privacy' do you believe you have left?


At least my microwave still works...


Unlucky you for still having one, Banks and especially if you're still using it. They cause insidious things to occur in the body. Mine produced kidney stones on an average of two a year for more than a dozen years, in me, but since giving the oven the boot not a single one in over five years.

It should be known by everyone using a microwave, that if you take two cups of water, in separate cups and boil one cup of water in a microwave for one minute, then also boil the other cup of water on a stovetop for one minute. Allow both to cool to room temperature and then begin feeding only the water to newly sprouted plants, one with the microwaved water and the other from the stovetop. The sprout your feeding the microwaved water to will be dead in a few days.


Bullshit.
It is sad that you believe such nonsense.


Fifty one years without a microwave and zero stones, sixteen years cooking with one and three dozen stones spread out over those years. I'm not saying the microwave caused the stones, because they are hereditary, but there's no doubt in my mind what was causing a proliferation of them in my body. Took an extremely good physical therapist to suggest ditching the microwave tho. Iff'n you ever felt one the one thing you know for sure is you never want to feel another.

The second paragraph is also true, but with one caveat i didn't include. From cell phones to nutrisweet there's lots of stuff we're told with reams of information that products are perfectly safe, when they actually cause harm to some individuals and extreme harm to others. Problem is we're all playing Russian roulette with any of these devices. Nutrisweet, however, is plain poison.

Most diseases we catch, in some way or another, but not with kidney stones, so if you found the source for your discomfort would you listen to another forum member, that your hypothesis of nearly six years is bs?

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1125
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby slither » Wed Feb 14, 2:33 pm

alpha wrote:
slither wrote:
alpha wrote:
Banks wrote:
alpha wrote:
Rudy wrote:...or some other sly
governmental invasion of privacy...


"They" can watch and listen to us on our cell phones whether they're turned on, or not! They can do the same with tv, monitors, radios, tablets and the list goes on. What part of your 'right to privacy' do you believe you have left?


At least my microwave still works...


Unlucky you for still having one, Banks and especially if you're still using it. They cause insidious things to occur in the body. Mine produced kidney stones on an average of two a year for more than a dozen years, in me, but since giving the oven the boot not a single one in over five years.

It should be known by everyone using a microwave, that if you take two cups of water, in separate cups and boil one cup of water in a microwave for one minute, then also boil the other cup of water on a stovetop for one minute. Allow both to cool to room temperature and then begin feeding only the water to newly sprouted plants, one with the microwaved water and the other from the stovetop. The sprout your feeding the microwaved water to will be dead in a few days.


Bullshit.
It is sad that you believe such nonsense.


Fifty one years without a microwave and zero stones, sixteen years cooking with one and three dozen stones spread out over those years. I'm not saying the microwave caused the stones, because they are hereditary, but there's no doubt in my mind what was causing a proliferation of them in my body. Took an extremely good physical therapist to suggest ditching the microwave tho. Iff'n you ever felt one the one thing you know for sure is you never want to feel another.

The second paragraph is also true, but with one caveat i didn't include. From cell phones to nutrisweet there's lots of stuff we're told with reams of information that products are perfectly safe, when they actually cause harm to some individuals and extreme harm to others. Problem is we're all playing Russian roulette with any of these devices. Nutrisweet, however, is plain poison.

Most diseases we catch, in some way or another, but not with kidney stones, so if you found the source for your discomfort would you listen to another forum member, that your hypothesis of nearly six years is bs?




Wow. So much nonsense.

Your physical therapist recommended you stop using your microwave as a way of limiting a proliferation of kidney stones?

(I deleted my queries about your tinfoil hat being too tight and whether you receive shortwave radio signals through your fillings. It seemed cruel.)

User avatar
MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5319
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 3:20 pm
Location: state of Bliss
Contact:

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby MileHighDenver » Wed Feb 14, 5:15 pm

Banks wrote:
MileHighDenver wrote:
Banks wrote:
MileHighDenver wrote:If you can pass a standard roadside sobriety test, you should be good to go.

There's a standard roadside sobriety test for weed?


Isn’t sober, sober?


Not if you're using an alcohol sobriety test to test for weed sobriety, correct?



I found this and realize it’s a pro cannabis site, but still interesting I think.
http://urhealthguide.com/first-kind-study-finds-virtually-no-driving-impairment-influence-marijuana/

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15342
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby Dazzler » Thu Feb 15, 12:58 pm

A study that used a controlled amount of cannabis and basically admitted that there's no way to tell how much someone's used. Meanwhile legions of elderly hippies are trundling about the place in their Jeeps and SUVs blasted off their skulls and untouchable by law.

Smoke or drive. You do not have the right to put other people's lives at risk.

User avatar
Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6218
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 5:32 am
Location: The Eldorado Cafe...

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby Banks » Thu Feb 15, 3:25 pm

MileHighDenver wrote:
Banks wrote:
MileHighDenver wrote:
Banks wrote:
MileHighDenver wrote:If you can pass a standard roadside sobriety test, you should be good to go.

There's a standard roadside sobriety test for weed?


Isn’t sober, sober?


Not if you're using an alcohol sobriety test to test for weed sobriety, correct?



I found this and realize it’s a pro cannabis site, but still interesting I think.
http://urhealthguide.com/first-kind-study-finds-virtually-no-driving-impairment-influence-marijuana/

I'm firmly in the camp that believes alcohol is a much more dangerous impediment to motor skills and thought process than weed. At some point however, depending upon how far the legalization process here in the USA goes, there will have to be a proven testing method for weed impairment.

User avatar
Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6124
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 7:43 pm
Location: Outside the Box

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby Rudy » Thu Feb 15, 6:03 pm

Banks wrote: At some point however, depending upon how far the legalization process here in the USA goes, there will have to be a proven testing method for weed impairment.


I understand that a popular police tactic for detecting narcotic use(establishing probable cause to continue searching) is visually inspecting the subjects tongue for a milky film.

Perhaps some sort of drool meter implemented whilst being exposed to a bowl
of mixed Doritos & FunYums would fill the bill?

User avatar
Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6218
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 5:32 am
Location: The Eldorado Cafe...

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby Banks » Thu Feb 15, 9:26 pm

Rudy wrote:
Banks wrote: At some point however, depending upon how far the legalization process here in the USA goes, there will have to be a proven testing method for weed impairment.


I understand that a popular police tactic for detecting narcotic use(establishing probable cause to continue searching) is visually inspecting the subjects tongue for a milky film.

Perhaps some sort of drool meter implemented whilst being exposed to a bowl
of mixed Doritos & FunYums would fill the bill?

I'm thinking that the officer could simply walk up with a Magnum ice cream bar and ask the perpetrator if they would like a bite... :)

User avatar
Urban Primo
just in
just in
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 8:32 am
Location: Urbania

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby Urban Primo » Thu Feb 15, 11:51 pm

Banks wrote:
Rudy wrote:
Banks wrote: At some point however, depending upon how far the legalization process here in the USA goes, there will have to be a proven testing method for weed impairment.


I understand that a popular police tactic for detecting narcotic use(establishing probable cause to continue searching) is visually inspecting the subjects tongue for a milky film.

Perhaps some sort of drool meter implemented whilst being exposed to a bowl
of mixed Doritos & FunYums would fill the bill?

I'm thinking that the officer could simply walk up with a Magnum ice cream bar and ask the perpetrator if they would like a bite... :)


https://youtu.be/JFBQi46FFSg


Return to “All Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 0 guests