30 October 2012

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

Dogbreath
super power poster
super power poster

30 October 2012

Postby Dogbreath » Wed Oct 31, 11:35 am

A pleasant morning with a few patches of blue. We are off on the tram on this pleasant morning. Change trams at central station.

A Dutch woman with a grey faced chocolate lab enters the tram. The dog requires assistance getting up the steps, and the woman sits behind me, the hound (dog) sitting on the floor beside me, those dark brown eyes looking into my eyes. I befriend the gentle canine with a few scratches behind the ear.

We jump off at Leidsstraat, and saunter north, stopping at a pastry shop for an appleflap. Slowly we walk through the Bloomenmarket. Red wants to purchase some bulbs, but realizes without the US certificate, they cannot be imported.

We make our way to Dampkring coffee shop, and order two coffees. This is where all the young Dutch hottie women seem to congregate. Always have; always will. Today there are hotties working the coffee bar, and hotties as customers, even this early in the morning. Making my way to the weed counter, an interesting strain, Laos weed (12. Euro) catches my eye. And I pick up an old favorite Kali Mist, for good measure. We smoke the Laos weed.

Off we wander, walking through de Dam to visit several seed shops near Homegrown Fantasy. I am quite impressed with DNA seed shop; and come away with the impression they know their breeding. Then Homegrown Fantasy seed shop, with an overwhelming seed selection. As always, we get the catalogs for later study at the hotel.

We wander the Jordan some more. Red stops suddenly in mid stride to exclaim, “That is some real good creeper weedâ€￾… she is obviously still buzzed, and it becomes a favorite for her.

We hop a tram to Vondel park, and walk most of the park distance north, the active bird life, as well as the overall peace, a pleasant interlude. We emerge back in civilization and find ourselves on PC Hoofstraat, the street for very high end shopping. As we walk the sidewalk, a woman emerges from a store in front of us, and Red points out her high heels, which have a red sole. Red tells me those shoes are VERY exclusive, probably cost more than our entire trip.

On the tram again to Leidseplein for lunch. We wander aimlessly and pleasantly. We pass the McDonalds, where I have to use the toilet. A middle aged women seated near the toilet entrance, as is the Dutch custom, collects .35 euro from each customer, and I drop .50 euro.

To date my iPhone has been unable to find accessible wireless internet. All found so far have been locked. McDonalds always has free wireless, so I pull out my phone (er, pocket computer that also happens to make telephone calls) to connect. Locked wireless!!! What gives? Likely there is some phone configuration I must adjust. Being stoned, that level of focus is not possible. Instead, I conclude no iPhone internet access in Amsterdam, and will use my phone only for taking notes.

The day moves on, and we are happy just wandering, with no destination. We hop a tram and stop in the 420 Café for a coffee, and revive ourselves. Red really like the 420 Café, it is becoming her favorite… the mellow vibe just right, and she loves the Joni Mitchell songs now playing. We smoke some more, finishing off the Hawaiian Snow and Thai import. Ahhhh, that most pleasant Thai buzz. We daydream for quite a while, appreciative of where we are.

We open up the city map, and Red asks me to show her where we went today. We are blown away with how much walking we did today, without realization at the time of how many miles we have hoofed it. Probably close to ten miles. But we have fully recovered from the jet lag, and are in our stride.

We catch a quick scene of CNN hurricane news, we see NY city mayor Bloomberg making a speech, then scenes on many buildings burning. We fret about what is happening home in Vermont. Hungry again, Red goes to Haarlemerstraat and purchases food. A walk to central station, then Tram 26 to the Movenpick hotel.

The TV tells us the storm was not as bad as predicted. Vermont has almost no power outages, and e mails from friends confirm it has been much ado about nothing. We enjoy our cheese, bread and pastries. Then an after dinner smoke of Kali Mist. We stare out the window at Amsterdam harbor.

All is well. Another satisfying day in Amsterdam

Life is goeden.

Dogbreath

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: 30 October 2012

Postby alpha » Wed Oct 31, 2:44 pm

Dogbreath wrote:We open up the city map, and Red asks me to show her where we went today. We are blown away with how much walking we did today, without realization at the time of how many miles we have hoofed it. Probably close to ten miles. But we have fully recovered from the jet lag, and are in our stride.

Dogbreath

Great report, keep it up! However, you might consider renting bikes, they're reasonably priced and get you 'round to see far more sites than two legs can carry.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Wed Oct 31, 4:08 pm

You can always count on the piddly diddly compartment at McDonalds when you need a warm clean loo.

chigusa
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: with his mouth full of teddies, jumbo's urinating seems defiant.

Postby chigusa » Wed Oct 31, 4:37 pm

urban dictionary wrote: McShit

The act of using the public restroom in a fast food restaurant without purchasing any food. When challenged by a suspicious manager, the assurance of a subsequent purchase of said fast food is known as a "McShit with Lies".

35 cents to have a shit in mcd's. what a fucking con. as an american you should have insisted on your right to a mcshit.

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: 30 October 2012

Postby MileHighDenver » Wed Oct 31, 6:22 pm

Dogbreath wrote: it has been much ado about nothing.

Dogbreath

Great report DB. If you are flying back through La Guardia, you might want to call your airline. It's under water.

Many died, many homeless, 6 million households without power still today. CNN may have gotten it wrong in Europe.

bogart
super power poster
super power poster

Postby bogart » Thu Nov 01, 3:59 am

It's fascinating to hear about your mission to find super seeds. Good thai weed is after my own heart as well. When they legalized medicinal marijuana in my enclave, first thing I did was to call WA-Wa and check if they had some undiscovered versions of Maui seed. No luck

Have a great trip.

winnie
super power poster
super power poster

Postby winnie » Sun Nov 04, 8:33 pm

I think I've read them all now in no particular order and it's been great sharing your adventures... thanks

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”