The first time

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

User avatar
Mr. Charlie
super poster
super poster
Posts: 900
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 7:18 pm
Location: Fennario

Postby Mr. Charlie » Mon Dec 22, 2:47 am

Firesign = radio theatre.

They're theatre nerds, and it's best to just let them have their moment. ;-)

User avatar
Michelle
super poster
super poster
Posts: 575
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2:16 am
Location: Næstved, Denmark

Postby Michelle » Mon Dec 22, 2:50 am

Thanks for the insight, Mr. C :-)

User avatar
GT
power poster
power poster
Posts: 368
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 10:45 pm
Location: magically bored on a quiet street corner

Postby GT » Mon Dec 22, 5:34 pm

quite right, mr c.

i apologise, we got off on a tangent & hijacked the thread; i egged it on, my bad.

firesign theater has quite the cult following, obscure yet passionate. their bits are filled with cultural references, and are sufficiently simple on the surface to be funny on the first listen, yet complex & layered so that you catch new things after multiple hearings.

i'm resisting the urge to explain more, but the "other side of the record" line refers to our pre-paleozoic youth when we listened to music on vinyl "albums", which would skip when a dinosaur tromped by too close.

User avatar
Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 16209
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 12:30 am
Location: "Home of the yellow snow"

Postby Bohannon » Mon Dec 22, 5:46 pm

That'll be "Mr. Rococco" to you please!
Whoot!
Pax

DanceRock420
participating
participating
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 3:51 pm
Location: USA

Salute

Postby DanceRock420 » Tue Dec 23, 4:02 pm

Michelle, This is one of the best reports I have ever read. Your writing style is exceptional. One thing you haven't mentioned whether you ever tried weed or not. I for one would love to read more of your writing about Amsterdam or elsewhere.

Peace,

Dan

User avatar
Puffbob
regular
regular
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 12:14 am
Location: wherever I go, there I am...mostly minnesota, USA

Re: Salute

Postby Puffbob » Tue Dec 23, 9:39 pm

DanceRock420 wrote:Michelle, This is one of the best reports I have ever read. Your writing style is exceptional. One thing you haven't mentioned whether you ever tried weed or not. I for one would love to read more of your writing about Amsterdam or elsewhere.

Peace,

Dan



I couldn't agree more. I look forward to reading about your further adventures! Perhaps you should call it "The Life and Times of Michelle"
Happy holidays...
PB

User avatar
Michelle
super poster
super poster
Posts: 575
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2:16 am
Location: Næstved, Denmark

Re: Salute

Postby Michelle » Wed Dec 24, 10:12 am

Puffbob wrote:
DanceRock420 wrote:Michelle, This is one of the best reports I have ever read. Your writing style is exceptional. One thing you haven't mentioned whether you ever tried weed or not. I for one would love to read more of your writing about Amsterdam or elsewhere.

Peace,

Dan



I couldn't agree more. I look forward to reading about your further adventures! Perhaps you should call it "The Life and Times of Michelle"
Happy holidays...
PB


You people are the nicest :-) Thank you so much for your kind words. My 'exceptional writing style' is probably partly due to the fact that English is not my mother tongue ;-)

My life seems to have been rather full of strange, weird and even bizarre incidents (and people). I had thought about saving most of the stories for my 'memoires'.. but knowing me, I'll always be waiting for the next episode to happen before sit down and spend a year writing that book, and so I will probably never get that far anyway :-)

DanceRock.. I tried weed a few weeks after my first adventure in Amsterdam - in another lovely European city. That occasion deserves to be a story all of its own, so I will post that after the holidays :-)

Happy holidays to yourselves and the world at large :-)
Michelle

User avatar
viking
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 4:26 pm
Location: Valhalla

Postby viking » Tue Dec 30, 9:24 pm

Gee, Michelle. From København to Amsterdam, huh?
You are one lucky lady to be able to call both
cities home. They are my two favorite cities in the world:)

OK, so whenever I'm in København I'm usually hanging
out with my friends in Christiania (Jeg elsker Christiania!),
but I love the city, too.

Thanks for the great trip report! It was nice of you to share
so much with us here on the board.

User avatar
Michelle
super poster
super poster
Posts: 575
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2:16 am
Location: Næstved, Denmark

Postby Michelle » Tue Jan 06, 4:22 am

viking wrote:Gee, Michelle. From København to Amsterdam, huh?
You are one lucky lady to be able to call both
cities home. They are my two favorite cities in the world:)

OK, so whenever I'm in København I'm usually hanging
out with my friends in Christiania (Jeg elsker Christiania!),
but I love the city, too.


Well, Viking.. I am not sure I even call either of them 'home' anymore - LOL. But I *am* lucky to have had my daily day life in them both, yes :-)

Christiania is not ever going to be the same again, I fear. Yesterday's news here said the pushers (of all people!) had totally cleared and demolished Pusher Street, in an attempt to deal with that particular street being the strongest political argument for clearing Christiania altogether.

It's a sad world :-(

User avatar
95 Z/28 LT1
power poster
power poster
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 3:28 pm
Location: Exile

Postby 95 Z/28 LT1 » Wed Jan 07, 4:05 am

Excellent review! I was definitly caught in the moment with you while I was reading it and genuinely enjoy your writing style.

I'm looking forward to your next review!

User avatar
StemsnSeeds
power poster
power poster
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 8:31 pm

whatta pic

Postby StemsnSeeds » Thu Jan 08, 9:58 pm

LT1, that kid looks really pissed. What a great avitar.

User avatar
95 Z/28 LT1
power poster
power poster
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 3:28 pm
Location: Exile

Postby 95 Z/28 LT1 » Fri Jan 09, 3:02 am

Thanks, I like it too. :D

User avatar
Cougar Ric
power poster
power poster
Posts: 388
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 1:29 am
Location: Keighley, UK

Postby Cougar Ric » Sat Jan 10, 1:07 am

Gyro Gearloose wrote:Nice report, but what a slut, really!

makes a pleasant change from the male sluts on here, which to be fair are the rest of us!

User avatar
Michelle
super poster
super poster
Posts: 575
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2:16 am
Location: Næstved, Denmark

Postby Michelle » Sat Jan 10, 1:21 am

Cougar Ric wrote:makes a pleasant change from the male sluts on here, which to be fair are the rest of us!

ROFLMFAO and nodding agreeingly! GREAT, i came to the right party! :-)

User avatar
dijii
just in
just in
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 7:19 pm
Location: usa

feels like the first time...and second.......

Postby dijii » Sat Jan 10, 5:36 pm

Michelle,

I have loved reading your first day and second day reports. Fun!

I have just returned from a Christmas Holidays visit to A-dam. Very nice and festive! I have also had the pleasure of spending Christmas in København going to Tivoli and spending some time in Christiana. Both such nice places to visit for a little holiday time.

Happy New Year to you! Peace in the world in 204!

dijii

User avatar
WizeGuy
participating
participating
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 9:33 pm
Location: USA

Re: feels like the first time...and second.......

Postby WizeGuy » Sat Jan 10, 6:47 pm

dijii wrote:Happy New Year to you! Peace in the world in 204!


And in 2004 also! :D

User avatar
Michelle
super poster
super poster
Posts: 575
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2:16 am
Location: Næstved, Denmark

Re: feels like the first time...and second.......

Postby Michelle » Sun Jan 11, 2:40 am

dijii wrote:Michelle,

I have loved reading your first day and second day reports. Fun!

I have just returned from a Christmas Holidays visit to A-dam. Very nice and festive!

Happy New Year to you! Peace in the world in 204!

dijii

Dijii.. long time etc. I am glad to see you have been (obviously, what with being in A'dam and all!) very well :-)

Thanks for the roses - and a top of the world New Year to yourself also :-)

Hugs!


Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests