Day 12 Trip Report

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

FlyByNite
super power poster
super power poster

Day 12 Trip Report

Postby FlyByNite » Mon Nov 19, 11:12 pm

As the journey is winding down, trip reports are getting harder to do.

Day 12

http://192.148.252.25/~reatta/WhosInTow ... Report.htm

Enjoy
FlyByNite

hazel
just in
just in

Postby hazel » Tue Nov 20, 12:00 am

Yo man just wanna let you know I've been enjoying your trip reports, they really are good. Why is it getting harder? Because you don't want to leave? Believe me I know, it's hard to say goodbye to that place. {Cue the Boyz 2 Men song} I'm about to embark on a 17 day journey through Amsterdam, the vacations have steadily increased over the last seven years; from one day visits, to weekends, to a week, to ten days, and now over two weeks. You're posts are inspiring me to take pictures and notes this time so maybe I will remember why I keep coming back! Party on brotha man!

theguest
super power poster
super power poster

Postby theguest » Tue Nov 20, 4:34 pm

great report FBN, I just read them all. So what happened with the goose? He looks like he means business!

FlyByNite
super power poster
super power poster

Postby FlyByNite » Tue Nov 20, 11:40 pm

theguest wrote:great report FBN, I just read them all. So what happened with the goose? He looks like he means business!

I fought him off with a couple well placed cookies.

Enjoy
FlyByNite

RealityCzech
power poster
power poster

Postby RealityCzech » Wed Nov 21, 12:28 pm

That's no goose, it's a young swan! Probably born earlier this spring and has not yet turned white.

FlyByNite
super power poster
super power poster

Postby FlyByNite » Thu Nov 22, 2:05 am

RealityCzech wrote:That's no goose, it's a young swan! Probably born earlier this spring and has not yet turned white.

I'm an old country boy, this was a large goose. Standing up his head was above my waist, and he knew his way around as far as begging food much more than a yearling swan. I'm sure he is a permanent resident there. The little park is called Bolwerk. it is right behind Haarlem Centraal Station, check it out next time you are in Haarlem.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Coffeeshop Frog Hollow home of the Whos In Town page.

boneymaroni
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby boneymaroni » Thu Nov 22, 4:28 am

I don't get all weepy and smarmy over trip reports.....most are shit....mine are shit...

I've thoroughly enjoyed your trip reports FBN......strongly believe they're the best ever....crisp...pics.....you lay the foundation with a few bullets and let us build the day you must have had!

Very nice reads and I thank you.

FlyByNite
super power poster
super power poster

Postby FlyByNite » Thu Nov 22, 5:55 am

Well folks, I'm back on American soil.

Thank you all for the positive comments.

I still have two more reports before this trip is over. The 20th will be graphics intensive, it was a whirl and a blur. The 21st ends when I am no longer on Dutch soil.

Hmmmmm, I wonder if Robert has any relatives in Utrecht I could visit? Uh huh, Working on the next trip already.

Enjoy
FlyByNite

SlyCrayon
super poster
super poster

Postby SlyCrayon » Thu Nov 22, 6:12 am

Glad you are home safely, Fly; hope our paths cross again and thanks for sharing the dream of Frog Hollow, a mellow place for a good smoke and a quiet chat. And worth a visit, I see you have a lot of new links.

Was that a weed boot on that Citroen? Looked like a subtle place for a stash to me.

RealityCzech
power poster
power poster

Postby RealityCzech » Thu Nov 22, 10:33 pm

FlyByNite wrote:
RealityCzech wrote:That's no goose, it's a young swan! Probably born earlier this spring and has not yet turned white.

I'm an old country boy, this was a large goose. Standing up his head was above my waist, and he knew his way around as far as begging food much more than a yearling swan. I'm sure he is a permanent resident there. The little park is called Bolwerk. it is right behind Haarlem Centraal Station, check it out next time you are in Haarlem.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Coffeeshop Frog Hollow home of the Whos In Town page.

You may be an old country boy but I am a boy from the old country. I can tell you this: that is absolutely, 100%, without a doubt, a SWAN. Swans in parks here (and I would think anywhere) are fed by people just like ducks are fed and will become quite aggressive. The cob, pen, and cygnets that live close to people love to beg. If you do an image search, you'll see the differences with a goose. There is also a goose called a swan goose. Thanx for the tip on the Bolwerk, I will certainly check it out next time I'm in Haarlem.

Peter Stuyvesant
power poster
power poster

Postby Peter Stuyvesant » Thu Nov 22, 11:39 pm

that's a swan alright! RC

and we call this a duck (eend):
http://192.148.252.25/~reatta/WhosInTow ... itreon.jpg

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”