Dedbud May 2003 Day 2 - The Sleepy Stick Hit Me Hard

A forum where you can read the great
adventures of the visitors to Amsterdam.

DedBud
super power poster
super power poster

Dedbud May 2003 Day 2 - The Sleepy Stick Hit Me Hard

Postby DedBud » Sat May 24, 5:55 pm

After posting my quick report yesterday I did get my Salm(on) Sandwich to get something in my gut before going into The Doors. I saw that Internet Chills & Thrills was selling a 5 bags for the price of 4 special on shrooms again. I took advantage of that in January 2000 when it was called the Millenium Special but I was very disappointed when I got home and ate them.

It looks like The Doors did a little redecorating (unless I was so stoned the last time I didn't notice). It still has a Doors theme (but very little Doors music) but it has nice trippy walls now. On the way back from there I stopped in at Conscious Dreams Kokopelli to check out their selection of shrooms since they did me so well last trip. For a second I thought they were selling dried ones still as the ones on the display card were dried but I suppose they have to do that so they don't mold on them. The sales person was busy so I didn't check on it. I'll get some later.

I had a great Lamb Stew dinner at Molly Malones and couldn't even finish it. I was really looking forward to dessert but the stew was surprisingly filling. This is still one of the friendliest Irish bars in town. There wasn't a single customer in there without an Irish brogue except me. Well if I have enough Jameson's I do tend to drift into an Irish accent (strictly Mayo of course).

Stocked up on some breakfast staples at Albert Heijn - Nieuwmarkt on the way home and took a nap because I was really starting to feel the jetlag now. When I took a shower earlier in the afternoon and poured out some mouthwash on my hands and slapped it on my cheeks like aftershave, I should have realized that I wasn't quite as awake as I thought.

I didn't wake up again until 23:30 just as the 2 girls who I was sharing the house with were returning from dinner. I talked to them for a while and smoked a joint with them. They hadn't been high in many years and we had a great old time sharing old stoner stories. I thought I had some good ones but these girls put me to shame with their recounting of their first PCP experience. I turned in again at about 02:00 and fell asleep hearing them laughing on as they enjoyed their first buzz in a long time. Hey they're both married....get yer minds out of the gutter.

I got up this morning at 09:00 and was out the door an hour later to head to Rokerij at the Leidseplein to see if "Guest" would be there. I sat there for a couple of hours smoking some killer BubbleGum I picked up for 10 Euro for 1.53 grams pre-packaged. The dealer said they were changing their system so I had to wait about a half-hour while he was doing some stuff. I noticed a guest book by their microscope in the back now so you can leave a greeting for posterity. I had a hell of time breaking up the buds because they were so incredibly sticky but I loved the hell out of it. BubbleGum has always been one of my favorites as a walking bud (I can still move my feet even though my head is gone).

After that I stopped by the StadsSchouwburg UIT office to pick up some flyers on whats going on around town and the UIT Krant magazine which is in Dutch but I can still figure out the listings. I stopped in at Boom Bar after that to get their newsletter and a flyer on their St. Nikolaas boat tours. That might be fun to take those 2 girls on if they're up for it. I had an Affligen beer ther which was a nice break from the usual lager but it was just way too sweet for me and I could only finish half of it even though it was good.

Since it was still overcast I decided to head to the Musuemplein and stopped in at The Noon for a quick coffee pick me up. They still have their 5gram for 23 special on Blueberry there and a couple of other 5 grams specials for a little less. I rapped with a guy from West Orange, New Jersey there for a while before heading out.

As I walked through the tunnel under the Rijksmuseum to the Museumplein I heard a woman singing Ave Marian somewhere behind a piller. I couldn't see her but it sounded great with the echo in there. Just as I was getting out of the tunnel I saw a quartet of Mongolian musicians heading in to put on a show. I saw a couple of bicyle taxis in the Museumplein with Madam Tussauds advertising on the side. I don't know if they're open for hire or if that is some sort of a service that Madam Tussauds offers to get the museum crowd back to their place on the Dam Square. I took note of the skaters half-pipe off to the side but noone was on it at the time.

I went into the Stedelij, which is a must-see on each of my trips. If you love modern art as much as I do, you can't go wrong here as it changes every time. A couple of highlights from this exhibition are a photo of a bunch of guys in gorilla masks in a nice grow room (growing the kind bud), a hand-knit motorcylce afghan, and a small room which reminded me a lot of a room I rented on a Botel behind Centraal Station on my first trip in '86. Oh yeah there is also a neon work showing 6 guys getting it on that is somewhat shocking. Yeah it moves.

The Van Gogh Museum had a long line so I passed that up until another day. I stopped by the David Raven booth to pick up a nice signed abstract print of Amsterdam for 16.50 Euro. Much better than the usual tourist reproductions.

I stopped in at Global Chillage next for a quick Coke and smoke. They have some good flyers on the counter there and saw something interesting about a psychedelic dance party on the 31st so I might have to add that to my agenda if I can find the place. Just before I left a guy came up to the counter to buy a space cake/cookie and the girls made sure to warn him about it taking an hour to kick in so he shouldn't smoke much until he feels it.

I headed back home for a break and stopped in at the Old Man Head Shop to look for a cheap pipe to use. The joints I've been rolling just don't burn well. The weeds to sticky, the smokes too resinated and they keep going out. I saw a nice glass one for 12 Euro but I decided to look down the road for it cheaper as I know the Old Man is usually more expensive than others. Sure enough I found the same pipe at Number One Head Shop for 4.75 Euro a few minutes later.

I grabbed another fish sandwich at a stall in the Nieuwmarkt before getting home and showeing and changing to get more energy. Now I'm having a couple of beers at @ Internet cafe www.internetcafe.nl to keep y'all updated. I love this place and I'm glad buckofive recommended it. I had 2 large Heinekens while I've been updating and I think the internet is free. They just run you a tab until you're done. I'll find out when I cash in.

Well that's all for now folks.

Cya soon.

whitedog
super poster
super poster
Location: the holy state of new jersey usa the 37th most holy state in the union

raven

Postby whitedog » Sun May 25, 12:18 am

the artist stall on the museumplein selling mark ravens work is a must stop while in amsterdam.

i have 3 or 4 of his tee shirts as well as a couple of his prints on the walls.

the modern art museum is another dont miss.

hank
power poster
power poster

Postby hank » Sun May 25, 3:58 am

Thanks Dedbud for another outstanding trip report, I stayed near the Rokerij a couple of years ago and I had a lot of good times there. You brightend up my day again.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Sun May 25, 3:59 am

DB thanks for the update... how's the vibe in Amsterdam right now?

Dogbreath
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Dogbreath » Sun May 25, 5:55 am

Nice hearing of your adventures.

That Intenet cafe is a good place to hang out......

Keep 'em coming please............

:-) Dogbreath

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Sun May 25, 6:41 am

Thanks for the report man. I was glad to hear you went to Molly Malone's, they filled us up with awesome food both times we were there too. They are definitely worth locating. Looking forward to your next post, have a great time.

moe.

buckofive
power poster
power poster

Postby buckofive » Sun May 25, 3:23 pm

DedBud, sounds like you are having a great time so far. If you still haven't hooked up with shrooms yet, I might suggest the SmartZone in the RLD. My flatmate works there 4 days a week so if you stop by when Dwight (the Surinames black guy) is working (Tuesdays, Thursdays sometimes Fridays and Sundays) I am sure that he can give you a good hookup. Just mention that Adam sent you.

I'll see you next Sunday at Rookies. Till then get your smoke on and keep the quality posts coming!

buckofive

LastHamlet
mega power poster
mega power poster

Good report Dedbud.

Postby LastHamlet » Mon May 26, 12:10 am

Way to go man, great report. I felt like I was back in Amsterdam myself.
BTW, I saw that neon display at the museum last year, it was interesting to say the least. I couldn't believe it, you walk right up and boom, big as the patio of the 'Old Style' coffeeshop, is this moving neon art work. Well I am not sure you can call that one Art. It was a shock to see that one.
Keep em coming Dedbud..:))

DedBud
super power poster
super power poster

Postby DedBud » Mon May 26, 10:07 am

Things are still going great as I catch up on posts here. The Sun is out in force today...woooohoooo...finally.

I'll try to find your roommate buckofive. I may be picking up some today for my trip to the Hoge Velowe tomorrow but since he's not working today I might go with my trusted source from last trip, Conscious Dreams - Kokopelli.

Return to “Channelites Trip Reports”