My New 2021 GAS Burner

The place to discuss political issues.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

My New 2021 GAS Burner

Postby modern roots » Fri Mar 12, 6:29 pm

Well, I traded off my paid for 2014 for a new gas burner.
It's a bigger vehicle, I have much more room.
It's rated at 27mpg city and 33mpg highway.
Come with all the goodies, including touchscreen Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. I use Android and the maps are off the chart.
Seems like this feature will make navigation systems obsolete!!
Who is going to plop down cash for the old school navigation when Android Auto will do all that and more?

I got a Hyundai Kona and asked about the Kona EV. The salesman told me this area doesn't even qualify for EV Kona's because we lack the infrastructure!!! So, I tried! Seems like EV's are really years off from becoming reality for most Americans, probably a full decade off!! Maybe Biden will produce on his promise for 50,000 charging stations nationwide, but how far off are these charging stations from reality?? And how are these charging stations going to work? How much will a full charge cost? And how long will it take? Too much gray area in the EV realm right now. I read in the USA Today this morning that EV's made up just 2% of new car sales!! LOL!!! Not even a fraction. Plus, it's in other parts of the country, not here. Sorry, treehuggers, EV's just aren't really a reality yet. Maybe by the next time i buy a new car...we'll see.

I'm certain Bo, Dazzler, and Rudy will have an insult.
Let your hate fly, gentlemen!

Oh, and the Thunderbird is up for sale. I listed it last night! I'm saying goodbye to the V8!! Anybody interested in it let me know.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: My New 2021 GAS Burner

Postby Rudy » Fri Mar 12, 8:16 pm

modern roots wrote:

I'm certain Bo, Dazzler, and Rudy will have an insult.
Let your hate fly, gentlemen!

Hey, fuck you!!!

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sat Mar 13, 3:09 am

Lane Keep Assist is great. This fucker will steer you back in your lane!! Gotta use a turn signal to change lanes or the Lane Keep Assist kicks in and goes off!!! I love all the new technology.
Great safety features.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Sat Mar 13, 7:27 pm

I'm glad you didn't wind up in one of those dangerous classic cars. You could poke an eye out.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sun Mar 14, 2:37 am

Cat wrote:I'm glad you didn't wind up in one of those dangerous classic cars. You could poke an eye out.

My first car was a 78 Pontiac Grand Prix. I don't want to go back to those days. I'm thankful for all the safety features. I've got blind spot warning, lane keep Assist, forward collision monitor, backup camera, rear cross traffic alert, and downhill assist braking, and a full compliment of six airbags in my new Kona. It rated five out of five stars for safety. Was an insurance top safety plus pick as well. Plus bluetooth hands free phone connection and Android Auto for maps and navigation on a 7 inch touchscreen display!!! All I've got to do is say "call Mom" and the phone starts ringing. Same with Android Auto...all I've got to do is say an address and my route is mapped out with turn by turn directions. The voice plays through the car stereo speakers and tells you how far to your turn with the name of the road. Has real time traffic updates meaning it will reroute if there's been any accident or bottlenecked traffic.
You should check out what these new cars offer. You don't have to pay a fortune. My Kona had an MSRP of $24,165. The dealer came off MSRP $2,500 and this month the Kona had a $3,500 cash rebate from Hyundai. So my price on a new 2021 Kona was $18,000. Plus, I had a paid for trade in. My monthly payment is just $243. The Kona comes with 3 years, 36,000 mile complimentary maintenance meaning I'll be out ZERO dollars for the first three years on oil and filter changes and tire rotations. 5 year, 60,000 mile bumper to bumper new car warranty which means I'll be out another ZERO dollars for as long as the Kona is financed. I went 5 years on the financing. I'm going to use my $1,400 stimulus money for car payments. That's almost enough for six payments!! My first payment isn't due until April 22nd so I'll be good all the way to October before my next payment is due. Hopefully your boy Biden will roll out another stimulus check by year's end so I can make some more car payments.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Tue Mar 16, 6:22 pm

If you need assistance to stay in your lane, perhaps you shouldn’t be driving.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Fri Mar 19, 2:01 am

Dazzler wrote:If you need assistance to stay in your lane, perhaps you shouldn’t be driving.

It's just another safety feature that makes insurance cheaper.
I got my insurance statement in the mail today. And guess what? My insurance went down $39!! I traded out the 2014 for a new 2021 and the insurance went down!! Not bad,eh? Upgrade to a new SUV and get cheaper insurance compared to the 2014.

Oh, I almost forget. My new ride also has driver attention warning, so if you're being inattentive at the wheel an alert goes off!! It's got all the new safety features and I can tell it by the drop in insurance. Worth every dime. I love my new Kona.

Return to “All Politics”