EV's

The place to discuss political issues.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

EV's

Postby modern roots » Sun Mar 07, 6:34 pm

What a scam!! EV's are a pipe dream for the treehuggers!!

After doing some research over the last few weeks here is what I discovered:
1. EV's are at least twice the price of a gas burner.
2. Insurance is, on average, almost 25% more expensive than a gas burner.
3. EV's have no resale value.
4. The batteries are only good for 8 to 10 years or 100k miles.
5. The batteries are prohibitively expensive to replace, coming in at the worth of the used EV!!! The battery replacement is about $6,000 for a Nissan Leaf.

So what idiot is going to buy an EV knowing this? LOL!!!
Buyer Beware!!

I found several Nissan Leafs for $5,000 to $6,000, but they are all up for battery replacement, which means you'd have to sink at least another price of the car into batteries.

Pathetic!! An almost $40,000 car new is worth nothing five, six, seven years down the road. I found 2013 and 2014 models in the $5,000 to $7,000 range!! My gas burner is a 2014 and still has a retail price of $9,000 and I only paid $17,000 for it brand new!! Holding its value well.

Could you imagine sinking $40,000 in a car that depreciates like that? And on top of the depreciation, you have to replace the batteries every so often.

I found one Nissan Leaf priced at $4,900 meaning the battery replacement will cost more than the car is worth! LOL!! Tree hugging, climate change fools!!

I'll stick with my gas burner and continue to buy gas.
When you look at the facts, EV's are a total waste of money and are MORE expensive to own and maintain compared to gas burners. So no more crap about how you save money with EV's, ok?

Just the facts...research it for yourself if you don't believe me.

Hobie
super power poster
super power poster

Re: EV's

Postby Hobie » Sat Mar 13, 7:59 pm

I think also u need carbon factories for the Batteries .... and how come no EV`s have an solar panel on its roof

on the other hand https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate- ... HkQAvD_BwE

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sun Mar 14, 2:48 am

Hobie wrote:I think also u need carbon factories for the Batteries .... and how come no EV`s have an solar panel on its roof

Looks like one of those three wheeled Polaris "cars". I'd have to see the safety scores on a vehicle such as this. Plus, no back seat and probably little to no trunk space. I routinely have 3 passengers. I'd have to have a 4 door. Probably be ok for a secondary, toy vehicle. I can't see a family of 4 in it!! LOL!! You know what I mean?? I don't see Mom and dad and the kids going to soccer practice in that.
That's the problem with EV's...they just aren't very practical right now.

Hobie
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Hobie » Sun Mar 14, 2:13 pm

modern roots wrote:
Hobie wrote:I think also u need carbon factories for the Batteries .... and how come no EV`s have an solar panel on its roof

Looks like one of those three wheeled Polaris "cars". I'd have to see the safety scores on a vehicle such as this. Plus, no back seat and probably little to no trunk space. I routinely have 3 passengers. I'd have to have a 4 door. Probably be ok for a secondary, toy vehicle. I can't see a family of 4 in it!! LOL!! You know what I mean?? I don't see Mom and dad and the kids going to soccer practice in that.
That's the problem with EV's...they just aren't very practical right now.

Ja Its not practical unless your Bat Man

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Fri Mar 19, 9:56 am

Forget electric and get an air car instead, they're a breeze.
https://www.drivespark.com/four-wheeler ... 20628.html
They run on compressed air. After being refitted service station air pumps could take on new meaning?

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sun Mar 21, 8:10 pm

alpha wrote:Forget electric and get an air car instead, they're a breeze.
https://www.drivespark.com/four-wheeler ... 20628.html
They run on compressed air. After being refitted service station air pumps could take on new meaning?

The article says it could launch in 2020. It's 2021 now and I still haven't seen one. Couldn't find anything about the price either. Plus, looks like it has some serious design flaws. Way too much glass for my liking.
We're decades off from replacing gas burners. I just don't see electric cars picking up that much market share. All the major automobile manufacturers are claiming they will phase out gas burners by 2030 or 2035, but I don't see that happening in reality. Still no charging stations in my neck of the woods. I think it's just pie in the sky talk. Batteries will have to come down in price 50 to 75 percent before the electric cars can compete with gas burner new car prices. No way to take that many drivers off the road. People are car dependent here. This isn't some teeny tiny country like the Netherlands. Everything is spread out. Rural America will be years and years off from the electric transition. Easier to do in metro areas like NYC, Chicago, L.A., and the like. That's where I look for it to take hold first.

Return to “All Politics”