Bullying the Libertarians

The place to discuss political issues.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Bullying the Libertarians

Postby modern roots » Thu Feb 11, 1:28 am

This is a quote from my most recent email from Jo Jorgensen, the Libertarian Presidential candidate:

"There’s a LOT to be worried about with the new administration. They are doing everything they can to scare and bully people away from libertarianism. In fact, former CIA Director John Brennan included libertarians as people the government needs to act against."

Looks like Joe, Kamala, the Democrats, and the CIA don't plan to play nicely with the Libertarian Party and their supporters.

Subdue the political opposition at all costs, eh? That's why I voted Libertarian in the last two Presidential elections. The Dems and Repubs are both conquer and divide. You've been warned. Follow along in utter subjection or be deemed an "enemy" to the ruling government party! Pathetic! Utterly pathetic!!

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: Bullying the Libertarians

Postby Dazzler » Thu Feb 11, 1:35 pm

Libertarians will fuck up the housing and healthcare crises even more, give unlimited powers to business and marketise ecological action. They're absolutely right that libertarianism is a threat to ordinary Americans.

Why, looking at the damage that laissez-faire economics have done to the Anglosphere, would you possibly want more?

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Thu Feb 11, 6:02 pm

LOL!! Yeah, Dazzler, the Democrats and Republicans rule the roost and they've done so much for affordable healthcare and housing, haven't they? Happened under their watch, they contributed to it and yet those dang Libertarians will fuck it up as you say. Pathetic, what kind of twisted logic is that? I expected better from you.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Thu Feb 11, 6:17 pm

The Libertarian Party is not a valid alternative. Going in the wrong direction twice as fast will not get you to your destination.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Thu Feb 11, 8:49 pm

You say they aren't a valid alternative with no reasoning behind it. No pure facts backing it up.

And I told you the healthcare and housing crisis came about under the watch of Democrats and Republicans, they watched it grow and fester and contributed to it. Obamacare made it even worse by doubling the cost of no pay, high deductible health insurance. Seems to me the only alternative is Libertarian. They couldn't possibly make it any worse. The Democrats and Republicans have had their way, chance, and opportunity for 200 years. It's time for change, a new face, and a new way of doing things. And I will vote accordingly. I refuse to be a victim and let the Establishment parties bully me. It's time to push back!

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Sat Feb 13, 5:10 pm

Liberrtarians are opposed to government intervention in any form whasoever. They would allow the healthcare and housing crises to fester on their own in the belief that 'the market' will take care of it. They have no plans to address it because they don't believe that it's their job to fix it.

That's what economic libertarianism is.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sat Feb 13, 6:25 pm

And what has the government (i.e., the Democrats and Republicans) done to solve this crisis?

You just continue to say "not the Libertarians", yet you haven't said what the government has done to address this crisis?

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Sat Feb 13, 7:21 pm

You're presenting the Libertarians as a solution. I am explaining why they aren't.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sat Feb 13, 7:37 pm

What can be done then?

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Sat Feb 13, 7:46 pm

I don't know. The only way the system in the US can be changed is revolution*. Unfortunately, the people in the best position to make that revolution will not make things bettter.

*See also: the UK

nemesystem
super poster
super poster

Postby nemesystem » Wed Feb 17, 11:34 pm

Real winners in this group...... Gives new meaning to libtards? (or maybe not)

I believe this is from a libertarian 2016 debate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZITP93pqtdQ

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Thu Feb 18, 12:27 am

Darryl Perry looks like a real winner.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Thu Feb 18, 12:39 am

nemesystem wrote:Real winners in this group...... Gives new meaning to libtards? (or maybe not)

I believe this is from a libertarian 2016 debate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZITP93pqtdQ

Be careful, Cat is Democrat and he doesn't think you should show an ID to vote. ID's aren't popular with a small fraction of people across the political spectrum. And lest we forget, my late grandfather was driving cars before the driver's license and car tags were required to do so. Look it up. Car tags started out in Vermont almost 100 years ago. The real point is the level of government intrusion your life and what you have to pay out of pocket for these things. You can't possibly enjoy paying through the teeth for a little sticker to put on your car tag every year!! If you do, you're a sicko nutjob. Face it, this government has you over the barrel for everything.

Either way, everyone is entitled to their opinion. After all, you have opinions too, don't you?

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Thu Feb 18, 10:23 am

What's really getting to you rooty? You're just a mess of formless, inchoate rage. Perhaps you should just have a wank, eh?

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Thu Feb 18, 7:27 pm

lol.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Thu Feb 18, 10:08 pm

Dazzler wrote:What's really getting to you rooty? You're just a mess of formless, inchoate rage. Perhaps you should just have a wank, eh?

Now that you mention it, I did forget to wank yesterday.
I just wasn't in the mood. :(

Return to “All Politics”