History is made!

The place to discuss political issues.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

History is made!

Postby Bohannon » Wed Jan 13, 2:57 pm

First ever. President of the USA (according to some) impeached TWICE! Send that orange MF to jail, along with his lawyers, congress members and family members.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Re: History is made!

Postby modern roots » Wed Jan 13, 8:48 pm

Hillary for prison!!

Obamacare is a disaster!!

Impeach Trump!!

The circus and merry go round that is Washington D.C.!!!

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Wed Jan 13, 11:16 pm

Bohannon wrote:First ever. President of the USA (according to some) impeached TWICE! Send that orange MF to jail, along with his lawyers, congress members and family members.

Tough words from a coward that fled the country leaving the rest of us to fight in the resistance for four long years.
Proving once again you're more mouth than man.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Thu Jan 14, 2:30 pm

Please tell us all exactly how you bravely fought for the past 4 years...

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Thu Jan 14, 3:36 pm

Bohannon wrote:Please tell us all exactly how you bravely fought for the past 4 years...

GI George?

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Thu Jan 14, 7:09 pm

I can't be arsed recapping the past four years, but just yesterday I spearheaded a Twitter campaign to remove the Trump cameo from Home Alone 2, I shudder to think how many people have already been radicalized by watching that scene.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Sun Jan 17, 4:04 pm

Cali Guy wrote:I be arsed but just yesterday I spearheaded a Parler campaign

Fixed it for you... how is it working out lately OF?

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Mon Feb 08, 8:03 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing all those accumulated videos of the Capitol insurrection while the impeachment managers argue their case. It will be a slam shut case against Trump and even though his bootlicking loyalist sycophants are going to let him off the hook, their votes to acquit Trump will go down in history as a blight on their so called legacies.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Mon Feb 08, 8:13 pm

"Trump's American Carnage" from a recent Frontline on PBS.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/trumps-american-carnage/

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Tue Feb 09, 12:31 am

Still foaming at the mouth about Trump I see.
You've got "Trump rabies". Get vaccinated and let it go. Trump is ancient history.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Tue Feb 09, 11:12 am

I'd be more than happy to move on past Trump but keep in mind that his lies are being used by the Republican Party to justify new restrictions on voting. Its still Trump's party. That has become clear.
The trial will be over quickly. Its important for the historical record and it will be reviewed by future generations of Americans.
They should call witnesses. I would suggest Mike Pence for one if they can pull him from his hiding place in the US Virgin Islands.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Tue Feb 09, 3:38 pm

modern roots wrote:Still foaming at the mouth about Trump I see.
You've got "Trump rabies". Get vaccinated and let it go. Trump is ancient history.

Trump has done immense damage to the institution of democracy and the institutions of American democracy. If his actions aren't shown to have consequences, the impications and precedents are dire.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Tue Feb 09, 4:21 pm

Cat wrote:I'd be more than happy to move on past Trump but keep in mind that his lies are being used by the Republican Party to justify new restrictions on voting. Its still Trump's party. That has become clear.
The trial will be over quickly. Its important for the historical record and it will be reviewed by future generations of Americans.
They should call witnesses. I would suggest Mike Pence for one if they can pull him from his hiding place in the US Virgin Islands.

I did a quick Google search and found this article:
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/2 ... aws-461707

The biggest gripe is voter ID. Republicans want everyone to show a valid photo ID to be able to vote. My state has strict voter ID laws to vote in person. I had to show my driver's license, have it swiped, and then sign before I was given a ballot and allowed to vote. This is the norm. The article I posted says 36 states have voter ID laws. But it's really a non issue here because the state government gives out FREE voter ID's. No money is required to get a voter ID card. They do it to make sure the person only votes ONE time. Without an ID you could possibly vote absentee, by mail, and in person. This isn't fair. It compromises the integrity of our elections so I don't think this issue is voter suppression like you're always crying. It's about one vote for one person.

I hope you take the time to read the Politico article I posted, it's very informative. And understand, at that level of politics, there will always be issues with elections when the race is so close. People tend to be sore losers and stew about it. I wouldn't let it bother me. I support voter ID laws so long as the ID is FREE. People must be accounted for.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Tue Feb 09, 5:34 pm

If you want to show voter photo ID then good for you. I don't think it's necessary and many people probably for various reasons won't go through the process to obtain the necessary ID to do it. Keep it simple.
You needn't fear absentee balloting. You apply for absentee voting based on the requirements of your state like here in NY, you get one ballot form in the mail, you fill it out a month in advance, sign for it and submit. What is the problem? You're grasping for fraud and problems that are not there. Stop believing Trump's bullshit.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Tue Feb 09, 7:04 pm

Cat wrote:If you want to show voter photo ID then good for you. I don't think it's necessary and many people probably for various reasons won't go through the process to obtain the necessary ID to do it. Keep it simple.
You needn't fear absentee balloting. You apply for absentee voting based on the requirements of your state like here in NY, you get one ballot form in the mail, you fill it out a month in advance, sign for it and submit. What is the problem? You're grasping for fraud and problems that are not there. Stop believing Trump's bullshit.

I don't have a problem with absentee voting. I'm not listening to Trump on that.
Hell, I wish we had easier early mail voting here because I disdain standing in line.
I agree, keep it simple. However, there has to be an accounting to make sure a person gets only ONE vote. A voter ID isn't an inconvenience. How do people even get around in today's society without an ID? LOL! No inconvenience there. Everyone needs identification. You're listening to the fearmongers. And like I already said, an ID is FREE. Not like a driver's license where you have to shell over 40 bucks or so.
Biden won fair and square. I'm not contesting the election. He won by about 7 million popular votes, wasn't even close!
We're on the same side, Cat. I think everyone should vote, even felons and those in prison. I believe voting is a RIGHT everyone has.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Sun Feb 14, 11:11 am

Cali Guy wrote:I shudder to think how many people have already been radicalized

Can you explain the psychological phenomenon of supporting and voting for the acquittal of a superior who left you to die? I shudder to think of how many people have been whipped by Drumpf.

Return to “All Politics”