The place to discuss political issues.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Wed Dec 16, 5:09 am

We need a new topic for the politics section. Something that will stir up some comments. But I don't know what that would be. Nothing interesting really on the radar. I've been on facebook more than anything watching Tom and Jerry cartoons. They're a hoot. Maybe something will come along, just nothing tragic. Good news perhaps. Hope you all are enjoying the Christmas season.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: New Topic

Postby Rudy » Wed Dec 16, 2:52 pm

Not much new here, other than Biden winning an election
and a bunch of your buddies running around saying no he didn't.
No end to "other" things we'd like to talk about other than Trump being a huge blabbering mess, eh Big guy?

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Wed Dec 16, 8:26 pm

modern roots wrote:We need a new topic

Have you put in for a Presidential Pardon? Or perhaps a Medal of Freedom would suit you.

If Trump knew how you licked his ass crack on Channels for the last 4 years your rap sheet would be expunged yeah?

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Wed Dec 16, 9:26 pm

Cat wrote:
modern roots wrote:We need a new topic

Have you put in for a Presidential Pardon? Or perhaps a Medal of Freedom would suit you.

If Trump knew how you licked his ass crack on Channels for the last 4 years your rap sheet would be expunged yeah?

Trump served his purpose. He did away with Obama's unconstitutional health insurance mandate where the IRS was free to withhold your federal income tax return for not buying health insurance. And he got us out of paying billions in ransom money for the Paris climate agreements. I agreed with those two things. Other than those two things I can't name anything else Trump did. I was no fan of his constant name calling and belittling other people. 4 years was enough for Trump just like 4 years will be enough of Biden. I'm glad Trump is on the way out. I won't miss him.

Oh yeah, and the wall. Trump had miles of new wall built. I liked that. So I guess I can name 3 things Trump did I agree with.

Now it's your turn to sit back and lick Biden's ass crack for 4 years. We'll see how you defend his questionable actions.

I voted for Jo Jorgensen, the Libertarian, for President. I washed my hands of the Democrats and Republicans for President. With the Democrats and Republicans you are going to get the same thing with the military and education budgets. Both will just throw and piss and shit money away after those two things. And I wasn't going to vote for that. Look at how the quality of education has decreased since the Dept. Of Education was created. It's laughable. And both major parties think more money will fix it. Money won't fix everything.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Wed Dec 16, 9:30 pm

Rudy wrote:Not much new here, other than Biden winning an election
No end to "other" things we'd like to talk about other than Trump being a huge blabbering mess, eh Big guy?

Rudy, my buddies are the Libertarians. I voted Libertarian in the last two Presidential elections. So I don't know what you're talking about when you say my "buddies". And I don't think you do either. Just another one of your senseless smears.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Thu Dec 17, 8:40 pm

modern roots wrote:
Rudy wrote:Not much new here, other than Biden winning an election

Rudy, my buddies are the Libertarians. I voted Libertarian in the last two Presidential elections. So I don't know what you're talking about when you say my "buddies". And I don't think you do either. Just another one of your senseless smears.
. Your buddies in the Libertarian club have their hands quite full with you I have no doubt.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Thu Dec 17, 9:00 pm

modern roots wrote:Now it's your turn to sit back and lick Biden's ass crack for 4 years. We'll see how you defend his questionable actions.

I'm not concerned with Biden or the Democratic Party. Its the Republicans that I'll be watching like a hawk as usual. Trumpism ends in 2022 when we vote out the remaining MAGA Governors like that asshole Ron DeSantis in Florida. Until then, the GOP is still a party of jackbooted Brown Shirts in lockstep with Der Fuhrer. Its truly appalling to witness what the GOP has turned into. They're already involved in legislative maneuvering to make it harder for people to vote in future elections. They've gone totalitarian in their quest to suppress the vote of select minority groups. Anyone who gives a damn about democracy needs to keep focused on what those cult of personality cowards are up to.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Thu Dec 17, 10:24 pm

Cat wrote:
modern roots wrote:Now it's your turn to sit back and lick Biden's ass crack for 4 years. We'll see how you defend his questionable actions.

I'm not concerned with Biden or the Democratic Party. Its the Republicans that I'll be watching like a hawk as usual. Trumpism ends in 2022 when we vote out the remaining MAGA Governors like that asshole Ron DeSantis in Florida. Until then, the GOP is still a party of jackbooted Brown Shirts in lockstep with Der Fuhrer. Its truly appalling to witness what the GOP has turned into. They're already involved in legislative maneuvering to make it harder for people to vote in future elections. They've gone totalitarian in their quest to suppress the vote of select minority groups. Anyone who gives a damn about democracy needs to keep focused on what those cult of personality cowards are up to.

I personally think you give Trump too much credit. Republicans are distancing themselves from him now. Trumpism is just some loony far left wing boogey man hyperbole to keep the minions stirred up over nothing. Just give it time and Trump will ride off into the sunset.

So far as Republicans suppressing the vote...it doesn't go on here in my state. Everyone is encouraged to vote. Every food stamp application and Medicaid application comes with a voter registration form so the poor and less fortunate are not overlooked. You are given the chance to vote just for applying for government assistance. You'll have to provide me with some hard core proof of voter suppression before I'll believe it.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Mon Dec 21, 2:51 pm

Imagine being a libertarian who's against private health insurance.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Wed Dec 23, 10:29 pm

I love how Trump shrugged off that $600 stimulus check.
He wants $2,000 for each person!!!
LOL!!! That's my boy. I want the big bucks.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Mon Dec 28, 3:04 am

Looks like Trump signed the relief bill tonight so we'll be getting $600 stimulus checks. I was hoping for $2,000. Too much money in foreign "aid" for my tastes. I prefer $0 in foreign aid. Let those countries tax their own citizens to fund their governments.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Mon Dec 28, 2:28 pm

Foreign aid is not a gift. It’s profitable, and increases the power of the giver.

America does not provide aid to other countries out of the goodness of its heart, but because it’s a tool to increase power and influence in the world.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Mon Dec 28, 2:29 pm

Modern Roots in ‘not having a clue what he’s banging on about’ shocker.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Mon Dec 28, 7:08 pm

Dazzler wrote:Modern Roots in ‘not having a clue what he’s banging on about’ shocker.

I'm afraid modern roots' affliction isn't rare, however. The vast majority of americans have knuckled under to the intense manipulations they endure daily in our society. Brain washing works! Our powers that be want derision amongst it's masses, because that's the very thing that keeps them in power. There is no better economic 'system, to create racism and derision amongst the masses, than capitalism.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Mon Dec 28, 7:30 pm

Dazzler wrote:Foreign aid is not a gift. It’s profitable, and increases the power of the giver.

America does not provide aid to other countries out of the goodness of its heart, but because it’s a tool to increase power and influence in the world.

So you think it is beyond the scope of our country to act and gift in good will? What are the strings attached to all this foreign aid then?

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Mon Dec 28, 7:57 pm

modern roots wrote:
Dazzler wrote:Foreign aid is not a gift. It’s profitable, and increases the power of the giver.

So you think it is beyond the scope of our country to act and gift in good will? What are the strings attached to all this foreign aid then?

Indebtedness m.r.. We give them 'aid' in their currencies and they have to pay it back in ours, which is worth much more than theirs, plus interest. That's how neo liberalism works. You can plunder a country and never have to occupy a single troop to do so. Should a leader reject this scenario, then there's a bloody coup and america finds a new leader that'll play ball with them. When a country defaults we privatize their resources and infrastructure completely impoverishing it's nation.

This is why Cuba, Venezuela, Iran, Russia, and China are our abject enemies, because none are allowing our private banking to control their nations.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Mon Dec 28, 10:31 pm

Well I learned something. I didn't know those countries had to repay the aid. I just thought it was a 'gift'. !!

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Wed Dec 30, 10:22 am

alpha wrote:
Dazzler wrote:Modern Roots in ‘not having a clue what he’s banging on about’ shocker.

I'm afraid modern roots' affliction isn't rare, however. The vast majority of americans have knuckled under to the intense manipulations they endure daily in our society. Brain washing works! Our powers that be want derision amongst it's masses, because that's the very thing that keeps them in power. There is no better economic 'system, to create racism and derision amongst the masses, than capitalism.

It's not just the US. If the last five years have demonstrated anything, it's that the British public is as dumb as a box of cunts.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Mon Jan 04, 12:58 am

I'm seeing where a group of 11 GOP senators are going to try to object to the election results. What are they doing? They don't have a leg to stand on!! How pathetic.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Mon Jan 04, 7:47 am

No-one expects Trump to serve a second term, but pushing against the checks and balances and eroding the safety measures that protect The US against tyranny has been a successful project. The people around Trump are delegitimising first his opponents then the democratic process then democracy itself. It’s a slow-motion anti-democratic coup. They were only able to do this because of the mindless support of people who didn’t, and still don’t, understand what he’s doing and won’t listen when people talk about it.

Something to think about isn’t it?

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Tue Jan 05, 2:58 am

Yes, it is something to think about.
Some of my facebook friends are posting nasty memes about Biden and the election. I can't believe that they are so gullible to listen to a sore loser. I'm ready for Trump to ride off into the sunset. Won't be much longer now. And there is nothing Trump and his buddies can do. They are grasping at straws. January 20th cannot get here soon enough. I'm tired of Trump's shenanigans.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Tue Jan 05, 11:45 am

Dazzler wrote:It's not just the US. If the last five years have demonstrated anything, it's that the British public is as dumb as a box of cunts.

I'm thinking since 1776...

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Wed Jan 06, 11:02 am

Why do Americans persist in thinking that British people in the 21st Century care about that?

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Wed Jan 06, 5:42 pm

Well the Senate depends on the two races in Georgia and a Democrat has already won one seat and the other Democrat is likely to win the other seat. Looks like a 50/50 split in the Senate with Vice President Kamala Harris holding the tie breaking vote! Could we be on our way to legalized marijuana nationwide? It's already passed in the House and one would think it will pass in the Senate with an even split. But, who will be the Majority leader if the Senate is evenly split? Will it still be Mitch McConnell or someone else?

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Wed Jan 06, 5:59 pm

Dazzler wrote:Why do Americans persist in thinking that British people in the 21st Century care about that?

Brexit

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Wed Jan 06, 10:40 pm

modern roots wrote:Well the Senate depends on the two races in Georgia and a Democrat has already won one seat and the other Democrat is likely to win the other seat. Looks like a 50/50 split in the Senate with Vice President Kamala Harris holding the tie breaking vote! Could we be on our way to legalized marijuana nationwide? It's already passed in the House and one would think it will pass in the Senate with an even split. But, who will be the Majority leader if the Senate is evenly split? Will it still be Mitch McConnell or someone else?

Yeah, you probably need to sort out the healthcare before you start on the soft drugs.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Thu Jan 07, 1:11 am

Health insurance is fine, other than the high priced premiums with high deductibles and copays. It's essentially no pay insurance. Isn't even worth having. The real problem is the high price of healthcare. Nobody wants to talk about the price of a surgery, overnight hospitals stays and treatments like chemotherapy or dialysis. Just like alpha told you a few weeks ago, capitalism is alive and well in our healthcare systems. My cousin just had a a baby. The bill was over $10,000!!! That's insane. The hospitals and doctors are getting filthy rich. IMO, Congress needs to address the cost of services in the healthcare industry. This is more important than insurance. If the healthcare costs were reasonably priced then there really wouldn't be a need for health insurance. You'd just pay for the services out of pocket as you needed them.
Another example, my dad had a heart attack a little over two years ago. He stayed in the hospital 6 nights and had a pacemaker put in. When he got his insurance statements in the mail he discovered that the insurance was billed $30,000. Sounds more like unfettered capitalism than healthcare.
I know people that pay $400 a month for no pay insurance. They have to pay out of pocket for all doctor visits and their deductible is over $6,000. Imagine paying in almost $5,000 a year and having a deductible that is over $6,000!!! Crazy, absolutely nuts how insurance, doctors, and hospitals profit from a person that needs medical care. This is just my two cents.

It is time to address marijuana nationally in this country, and the Democrats are doing it. No more kicking the can down the road or leaving it up to the individual states. We need national marijuana legalization and access to legitimate banking options for the marijuana industry.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Thu Jan 07, 9:38 am

Next time, probably best to try to work out what point you're trying to make before putting your hands to the keyboard?

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Thu Jan 07, 10:58 am

He's trying to say that substance abuse is way up in America. Especially after yesterday. Skip the weed and head straight for the heavy stuff, that is my advice.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Thu Jan 07, 8:58 pm

I bet if I had said mandatory health insurance you would have understood. I believe insurance is the choice of the individual.

Why not address the cost of services.

Return to “All Politics”