Going Out While Black

The place to discuss political issues.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: Going Out While Black

Postby Rudy » Sat Sep 05, 7:25 pm

Rudy wrote:Oh yes you can.

I just heard about the massive group of Democrats in Mexico that are "allegedly"
ripping the wings off millions of little Monarch Butterflies as they march toward Washington to burn down
the White House.

So crazy.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Sun Sep 06, 4:41 pm

*redundant post"

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sun Sep 13, 10:59 pm

Get a load of this: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html

19 black families buy 97 acres of land in Georgia to create a space safe for black people!!

LOL!!!

Wonder what this place will look like? I can hardly wait. I hope the media keeps us updated of this little endeavor.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Mon Sep 14, 7:37 pm

What do you think it'll look like?

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Tue Sep 15, 4:21 pm

modern roots wrote:19 black families buy 97 acres of land in Georgia to create a space safe for black people

So America has a new ethnic enclave. Great. Sad though to see it arise from a trending national atmosphere of fear and exclusion driven by our fascist asshole of a President.
You know, Immigrants have always gathered in communities along with countless other American ethnic groups. Makes sense as it offers family cohesiveness and protection, more work opportunities and a familiar culture.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Wed Sep 16, 2:29 am

Cat wrote:
modern roots wrote:19 black families buy 97 acres of land in Georgia to create a space safe for black people

So America has a new ethnic enclave. Great. Sad though to see it arise from a trending national atmosphere of fear and exclusion driven by our fascist asshole of a President.
You know, Immigrants have always gathered in communities along with countless other American ethnic groups. Makes sense as it offers family cohesiveness and protection, more work opportunities and a familiar culture.

Where is the fear and exclusion you refer to? I've been stopped by the cops several times and I complied and had no problems. Hell, I've even been arrested 3 times!!! And I was guilty twice and innocent once. I had my day in court each time. Many of the problems come from being a chump to the police. Just be cool and act right. But some resist and run and disobey. And they bring it on themselves.

I've got to chuckle at your family cohesiveness comment as I've already posted a link on here showing that only 1 in 3 blacks live with a biological family, the nuclear family it is called. Whites blow blacks away when it comes to family. Over 70% of whites live with their nuclear family. Over twice the rates of blacks. Why do you think blacks fail so miserably when it comes to the biological family? And spare me some ridiculous reference to Trump or fear and exclusion.

That being said, I'm all for it. I hope the blacks in this new endeavor are happy and not just racist and bigoted to people of other colors. Because you know as well as I do if whites got together and did this they would be called every name in the book from racist to nazis to bigots to xenophobes. Would you feel the same way about 19 white or hispanic families doing the same thing?

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Wed Sep 16, 5:40 am

You’re a weird little man, modders.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Wed Sep 16, 3:53 pm

I'm thinking those uni-race washrooms and drinking fountains were the last straw for him.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Sat Sep 19, 10:03 pm

modern roots wrote:
I've got to chuckle at your family cohesiveness comment as I've already posted a link on here showing that only 1 in 3 blacks live with a biological family, the nuclear family it is called. Whites blow blacks away when it comes to family. Over 70% of whites live with their nuclear family. Over twice the rates of blacks. Why do you think blacks fail so miserably when it comes to the biological family? And spare me some ridiculous reference to Trump or fear and exclusion.

Poverty and social dysfunction go hand in hand. From the Indian reservations in Arizona and South Dakota, from the Appalachian mountains of West Virginia and Kentucky, from the slums of rural Mississippi, Alabama, and Tennessee, from the housing projects of Newark New Jersey and Miami Florida, from the barrios of East Los Angeles and border towns of South Texas, from the Cambodian neighborhoods of West Fresno California, from the poor Pacific Islander communities of Honolulu Hawaii, and even the dirt farming communities of Salinas and the Central Coast of California, anywhere there is extreme poverty and a dearth of economic activity, you'll find all the associated social ills like broken family units. Fatherlessness is not defined by living arrangement, race or ethnicity, the reasons for it are multifarious so spare me your base mythology and stereotyping and go for a deeper more in-depth understanding.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sat Sep 19, 11:19 pm

Cat wrote:
modern roots wrote:

Poverty and social dysfunction go hand in hand. From the Indian reservations in Arizona and South Dakota, from the Appalachian mountains of West Virginia and Kentucky, from the slums of rural Mississippi, Alabama, and Tennessee, from the housing projects of Newark New Jersey and Miami Florida, from the barrios of East Los Angeles and border towns of South Texas, from the Cambodian neighborhoods of West Fresno California, from the poor Pacific Islander communities of Honolulu Hawaii, and even the dirt farming communities of Salinas and the Central Coast of California, anywhere there is extreme poverty and a dearth of economic activity, you'll find all the associated social ills like broken family units. Fatherlessness is not defined by living arrangement, race or ethnicity, the reasons for it are multifarious so spare me your base mythology and stereotyping and go for a deeper more in-depth understanding.

It is what it is. The numbers and stats don't lie. I can prove what I'm typing, I already have. The biological family for blacks is another disparity, in a long list of disparities, for that race. Seems your "Uncle Tom" blacks can keep a family together because they don't idolize hip hop and rap and thug life.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Sun Sep 20, 10:04 am

modern roots wrote:It is what it is. The numbers and stats don't lie. I can prove what I'm typing, I already have.

Statistics can't prove anything. You're banging on about a theory you've adopted and its a weak argument.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Sun Sep 20, 10:43 am

I'm going to let you into a secret here, but rootsoid isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Sun Sep 20, 3:41 pm

I'm surprised he's not voting for Kanye.

He has a super-awesome nuclear family.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sun Sep 20, 6:25 pm

Cat wrote:
modern roots wrote:It is what it is. The numbers and stats don't lie. I can prove what I'm typing, I already have.

Statistics can't prove anything. You're banging on about a theory you've adopted and its a weak argument.

The numbers and stats prove blacks don't stay together like whites or hispanics. Face it, you're beat.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Sun Sep 20, 6:45 pm

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Thu Sep 24, 8:42 pm

After the summer of George Floyd, we now have the autumn of Breonna Taylor. I haven't seen so much marching for civil rights since the MId 1960's. Its a beautiful thing.

And soon our racist President will be history along with his white majority rule. Things are slowly looking up.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Fri Sep 25, 2:42 am

Give me a specific example of Trump's supposed racism in your mind. I've already posted a link to Trump pardoning a black woman for drug crimes. You're unhinged.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Tue Sep 29, 5:08 pm

modern roots wrote:Give me a specific example of Trump's supposed racism

To easy, Birtherism.
Another Trumpian racist conspiracy theory in search of some facts. He did it to Obama, and now he's doing it to Kamala Harris.
You can do your own research btw.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Tue Sep 29, 5:11 pm

You've got nothing.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Thu Oct 01, 3:31 am

Get a load of what these two cops did to a black man in my home state. One faces 20 years in prison.

https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/2020 ... ating.html

A brutal beating that stemmed from an altercation with one of the men's wife. Should have never happened. I hope justice is served here.

Return to “All Politics”