The place to discuss political issues.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Re: Going Out While Black

Postby modern roots » Mon Jun 15, 3:36 pm

Rudy wrote:
Bohannon wrote:

You are trying to explain something to an idiot.

He knows exactly what he is doing.

Using Trumps misinformation and obfuscation tactics.

Luckily it only is only minimally effective on the uneducated and the angry far right.

This is the wrong venue to reach those targets.

Rudy, I provided links and proof for my information.
You just don't like the facts.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Mon Jun 15, 4:09 pm

I finally found something about a white being shot and killed by the police. It's a Washington Post article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... utType=amp

Daniel Shaver is his name. It happened 4 years ago. There were no riots, no protests, no looting, no burning buildings, no high profile white speaker at his funeral. He just died.

The writer of the piece sums it up by saying whites compartmentalize the death while blacks internalize it thinking it could have been them. Interesting read.
Last edited by modern roots on Mon Jun 15, 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Mon Jun 15, 4:17 pm

Dazzler wrote:
Rudy wrote:American Whites : approx. 73% of total US population.

American Blacks : approx. 13% of total US population.

I think we've established that he can't read.

Or won't
I have plenty of links and sites and facts, statistics from real experts that will spell out and coherently verify
what we're saying, but it truly is useless in the face of such malignant, relentless trolling.
We know. We can see the maggots at work.
That's all that matters to me.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Mon Jun 15, 4:26 pm

Rudy wrote:
Dazzler wrote:
Rudy wrote:American Whites : approx. 73% of total US population.

American Blacks : approx. 13% of total US population.

I think we've established that he can't read.

Or won't
I have plenty of links and sites and facts, statistics from real experts that will spell out and coherently verify
what we're saying, but it truly is useless in the face of such malignant, relentless trolling.
We know. We can see the maggots at work.
That's all that matters to me.

Rudy, I'm the one that posted the links on police killings!! I can read just fine.

Read the above article I posted by the WaPo. Is that what you do when a cop kills another white, compartmentalize it instead of protesting? Or do you internalize it and say "hey, that could have been me"?

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Mon Jun 22, 9:19 pm

America sure does seem to be having a lot of
bad luck lately.
It's almost as if it was built on top of some ancient Indian burial grounds or something.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Sat Jul 18, 12:53 pm

Rep. John Lewis 1940- 2020
One of the finest Americans who ever lived. A man of great courage and conviction with the physical scars to prove it.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Sat Jul 18, 2:24 pm

Amen
Rest easy John.

slither
super power poster
super power poster

Postby slither » Sat Jul 18, 10:59 pm

Cat wrote:Rep. John Lewis 1940- 2020
One of the finest Americans who ever lived. A man of great courage and conviction with the physical scars to prove it.

Hear hear.

He knew where the fault lines were and went right at them.

slither
super power poster
super power poster

Postby slither » Sat Jul 18, 11:00 pm

Rudy wrote:Amen
Rest easy John.

Indeed.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Mon Jul 20, 11:47 am

I reported the post.

I don’t necessarily think he should be removed, but that sort of nasty, hateful bullshit just makes the forum a shitty place to be and to be seen in. That’s all.

slither
super power poster
super power poster

Postby slither » Mon Jul 20, 3:49 pm

Dazzler wrote:I reported the post.

I don’t necessarily think he should be removed, but that sort of nasty, hateful bullshit just makes the forum a shitty place to be and to be seen in. That’s all.

This is precisely why several of us called him out repeatedly.
Reporting and censure are well-deserved.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Mon Jul 20, 4:05 pm

In today's climate with a bumbling racist President chiding along people like Roots, its only going to get worse before November. How many crazy Trump followers have driven their cars into BLM protesters this year, a couple of dozen?

Now we have Federal agents with no insignias or identification, rounding up protesters when they are just walking along in places like Portland Oregon.

This is how it starts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzHE_SY334o

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Thu Jul 23, 9:01 pm

Sending Federal storm troopers into various cities run by Democrats is a pretty fascist move by anyone's standards no?
How low can he go?

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Fri Jul 24, 6:14 am

Cat wrote:Sending Federal storm troopers into various cities run by Democrats is a pretty fascist move by anyone's standards no?
How low can he go?

Pretty low, according to John...

John W. Whitehead wrote:“I don’t need invitations by the state, state mayors, or state governors, to do our job. We’re going to do that, whether they like us there or not.”—Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf’s defense of the Trump Administration’s deployment of militarized federal police to address civil unrest in the states...

He believes our tenth amendment might be in peril? Seeing how most are being tested to their hilt it's not hard to see his point.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Fri Jul 24, 2:48 pm

The 2020 election will be held in circumstances that make it impossible to be fair. It will go ahead anyway and Trump will win.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Fri Jul 24, 8:33 pm

Dazzler wrote:The 2020 election will be held in circumstances that make it impossible to be fair. It will go ahead anyway and Trump will win.

He's been defeated by a microbe and its beginning to sink in, but I expect Trump's cabal of constitutional vandals will attempt to upset and suppress the vote anyway they can.

I think he's going to lose amidst a shitload of legal challenges, but Trumpism ends in 2022 when the remaining MAGA Governors are voted out.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Sat Jul 25, 3:41 pm

Trump's Urban Warfare ......

How Trump's crackdown has strengthened protests ..... https://nyti.ms/3eVeyLZ

How Federal Officers escalate violence .... https://nyti.ms/2WVFu7U

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Fri Aug 14, 5:08 am

A federal judge in Mississippi is challenging the long-standing qualified immunity for police officers after the harassment of a motorist in that state, reports Marjorie Cohn.

Marjorie Cohn wrote:Qualified immunity has entered the national discourse with the massive uprisings in the wake of the public lynching of George Floyd. It allows police and other government officials to escape liability for their law breaking.

In Jamison v. McClendon, U.S. District Court Judge Carlton Reeves recently concluded that Officer Nick McClendon violated Clarence Jamison’s Fourth Amendment rights when he subjected Jamison to a nearly two-hour ordeal that included badgering, pressuring, lying and intrusively searching his car.

But the judge’s hands were tied by the qualified immunity doctrine so he was forced to deny Jamison’s legal claim. Reeves, an African-American man, traced the development of the law and the institutional racism and police brutality that continue to plague our society. “Black people in this country are acutely aware of the danger traffic stops pose to Black lives,” the judge wrote.

Seems like reform is very much needed, but i wonder if police officers were liable, rather than tax payers, how many folks would still wanna be a police officer? Seems like even any malpractice insurance would be a bit steep.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Fri Aug 14, 5:42 pm

alpha wrote:A federal judge in Mississippi is challenging the long-standing qualified immunity for police officers after the harassment of a motorist in that state, reports Marjorie Cohn.

Marjorie Cohn wrote:Qualified immunity has entered the national discourse with the massive uprisings in the wake of the public lynching of George Floyd. It allows police and other government officials to escape liability for their law breaking.

In Jamison v. McClendon, U.S. District Court Judge Carlton Reeves recently concluded that Officer Nick McClendon violated Clarence Jamison’s Fourth Amendment rights when he subjected Jamison to a nearly two-hour ordeal that included badgering, pressuring, lying and intrusively searching his car.

But the judge’s hands were tied by the qualified immunity doctrine so he was forced to deny Jamison’s legal claim. Reeves, an African-American man, traced the development of the law and the institutional racism and police brutality that continue to plague our society. “Black people in this country are acutely aware of the danger traffic stops pose to Black lives,” the judge wrote.

Seems like reform is very much needed, but i wonder if police officers were liable, rather than tax payers, how many folks would still wanna be a police officer? Seems like even any malpractice insurance would be a bit steep.

Police without a license to kill?
Like in Britain?
Community relations? (this means relating to a community)
They must be a pack of dang communist liberal lefties to dream up such nonsense.
Who will force law and order and Jesus upon our subjects?

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Sat Aug 29, 4:02 pm

"I noticed the police car in the public lot behind Centre Street. As I was walking away from my car, the cruiser followed me. I walked down Centre Street and was about to cross over to the burrito place and the officer got out of the car.
"Hey my man," he said.
He unsnapped the holster of his gun.
I took my hands out of my pockets.
"Yes?" I said.
"Where you coming from?"
"Home."
Where's home?"
"Dedham."
How'd you get here?"
"I drove."
He was next to me now. Two other police cars pulled up. I was standing in from of the bank across the street from the burrito place. I was going to get lunch before I taught my 1:30 class. There were cops all around me.
I said nothing. I looked at the officer who addressed me. He was white, stocky, bearded.
"You weren't over there, were you?" He pointed down Centre Street toward Hyde Square.
"No. I came from Dedham."
"What's your address?"
I told him.
"We had someone matching your description just try to break into a woman's house."
A second police officer stood next to me; white, tall, bearded. Two police cruisers passed and would continue to circle the block for the 35 minutes I was standing across the street from the burrito place.
"You fit the description," the officer said. "Black male, knit hat, puffy coat. Do you have identification."
"It's in my wallet. May I reach into my pocket and get my wallet?"
"Yeah."
I handed him my license. I told him it did not have my current address. He walked over to a police car. The other cop, taller, wearing sunglasses, told me that I fit the description of someone who broke into a woman's house. Right down to the knit cap.
Barbara Sullivan made a knit cap for me. She knitted it in pinks and browns and blues and oranges and lime green. No one has a hat like this. It doesn't fit any description that anyone would have. I looked at the second cop. I clasped my hands in front of me to stop them from shaking.
"For the record," I said to the second cop, "I'm not a criminal. I'm a college professor." I was wearing my faculty ID around my neck, clearly visible with my photo.
"You fit the description so we just have to check it out." The first cop returned and handed me my license.
"We have the victim and we need her to take a look at you to see if you are the person."
It was at this moment that I knew that I was probably going to die. I am not being dramatic when I say this. I was not going to get into a police car. I was not going to present myself to some victim. I was not going let someone tell the cops that I was not guilty when I already told them that I had nothing to do with any robbery. I was not going to let them take me anywhere because if they did, the chance I was going to be accused of something I did not do rose exponentially. I knew this in my heart. I was not going anywhere with these cops and I was not going to let some white woman decide whether or not I was a criminal, especially after I told them that I was not a criminal. This meant that I was going to resist arrest. This meant that I was not going to let the police put their hands on me.
If you are wondering why people don't go with the police, I hope this explains it for you.
Something weird happens when you are on the street being detained by the police. People look at you like you are a criminal. The police are detaining you so clearly you must have done something, otherwise they wouldn't have you. No one made eye contact with me. I was hoping that someone I knew would walk down the street or come out of one of the shops or get off the 39 bus or come out of JP Licks and say to these cops, "That's Steve Locke. What the FUCK are you detaining him for?"
The cops decided that they would bring the victim to come view me on the street. The asked me to wait. I said nothing. I stood still.
"Thanks for cooperating," the second cop said. "This is probably nothing, but it's our job and you do fit the description. 5' 11", black male. One-hundred-and-sixty pounds, but you're a little more than that. Knit hat."
A little more than 160. Thanks for that, I thought.
An older white woman walked behind me and up to the second cop. She turned and looked at me and then back at him. "You guys sure are busy today."
I noticed a black woman further down the block. She was small and concerned. She was watching what was going on. I focused on her red coat. I slowed my breathing. I looked at her from time to time.
I thought: Don't leave, sister. Please don't leave.
The first cop said, "Where do you teach?"
"Massachusetts College of Art and Design." I tugged at the lanyard that had my ID.
"How long you been teaching there?"
"Thirteen years."
We stood in silence for about 10 more minutes.
An unmarked police car pulled up. The first cop went over to talk to the driver. The driver kept looking at me as the cop spoke to him. I looked directly at the driver. He got out of the car.
"I'm Detective Cardoza. I appreciate your cooperation."
I said nothing.
"I'm sure these officers told you what is going on?"
"They did."
"Where are you coming from?"
"From my home in Dedham."
"How did you get here?"
"I drove."
"Where is your car?"
"It's in the lot behind Bukhara." I pointed up Centre Street.
"Okay," the detective said. "We're going to let you go. Do you have a car key you can show me?"
"Yes," I said. "I'm going to reach into my pocket and pull out my car key."
"Okay."
I showed him the key to my car.
The cops thanked me for my cooperation. I nodded and turned to go.
"Sorry for screwing up your lunch break," the second cop said.
I walked back toward my car, away from the burrito place. I saw the woman in red.
"Thank you," I said to her. "Thank you for staying."
"Are you ok?" She said. Her small beautiful face was lined with concern.
"Not really. I'm really shook up. And I have to get to work."
"I knew something was wrong. I was watching the whole thing. The way they are treating us now, you have to watch them. "
"I'm so grateful you were there. I kept thinking to myself, 'Don't leave, sister.' May I give you a hug?"
"Yes," she said. She held me as I shook. "Are you sure you are ok?"
"No I'm not. I'm going to have a good cry in my car. I have to go teach."
"You're at MassArt. My friend is at MassArt."
"What's your name?" She told me. I realized we were Facebook friends. I told her this.
"I'll check in with you on Facebook," she said.
I put my head down and walked to my car.
My colleague was in our shared office and she was able to calm me down. I had about 45 minutes until my class began and I had to teach. I forgot the lesson I had planned. I forget the schedule. I couldn't think about how to do my job. I thought about the fact my word counted for nothing, they didn't believe that I wasn't a criminal. They had to find out. My word was not enough for them. My ID was not enough for them. My handmade one-of-a-kind knit hat was an object of suspicion. My Ralph Lauren quilted blazer was only a "puffy coat." That white woman could just walk up to a cop and talk about me like I was an object for regard. I wanted to go back and spit in their faces. The cops were probably deeply satisfied with how they handled the interaction, how they didn't escalate the situation, how they were respectful and polite.
I imagined sitting in the back of a police car while a white woman decides if I am a criminal or not. If I looked guilty being detained by the cops imagine how vile I become sitting in a cruiser? I knew I could not let that happen to me. I knew if that were to happen, I would be dead.
Nothing I am, nothing I do, nothing I have means anything because I fit the description.
I had to confess to my students that I was a bit out of it today and I asked them to bear with me. I had to teach.
After class I was supposed to go to the openings for First Friday. I went home.”

-Steve Locke
https://www.stevelocke.com/blog/i-fit-the-description

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Sun Aug 30, 8:09 pm

Right wing asshole Patriot Prayer meets BLM and not in a good way. He should have stayed at home like a good Trump supporter. Now he dead.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Mon Aug 31, 6:12 pm

It does speak to the immense power that a president wields in his words.

We are now killing each other over petty political and ideological differences.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Mon Aug 31, 9:19 pm

Sociopathic con men walk amongst us. Charles Manson used to bang on about starting a race war by manipulating the media and police, and he tried to attribute his crimes to Black political organizations to incite societal violence between whites and blacks.

Now we have a President intentionally stoking racial strife and encouraging violence between Americans as it's in his political interest to do so.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Mon Aug 31, 11:50 pm

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Tue Sep 01, 11:09 am

NYT has published an excellent video analysis of the Portland shooting. You can draw your own conclusions.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/31/vide ... e=Homepage

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Tue Sep 01, 5:56 pm

Trump pardons black woman, Alice Johnson, from life sentence.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politi ... son-404470

So much for stoking racial division with this pardon.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Tue Sep 01, 6:57 pm

modern roots wrote:Trump pardons black woman, Alice Johnson, from life sentence.

Idiot. She shills for Trump all day long. lol

Even the GOP's few remaining Uncle Toms' can see its a political ploy. Is that all you've got Jethro?

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Tue Sep 01, 7:30 pm

Cat wrote:
modern roots wrote:Trump pardons black woman, Alice Johnson, from life sentence.

Idiot. She shills for Trump all day long. lol

Even the GOP's few remaining Uncle Toms' can see its a political ploy. Is that all you've got Jethro?

More than Obama did for her.
I knew you'd have nothing good to say.
This pardon doesn't fit your narrative.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Wed Sep 02, 1:54 am

Black man beaten up for wearing White Lives Matter Too tshirt.

https://sanangelolive.com/news/crime/20 ... -too-shirt

You just can't make this stuff up.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Sat Sep 05, 4:43 pm

Wait for it...
Last edited by Rudy on Sun Sep 06, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “All Politics”