Reopening

The place to discuss political issues.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Re: Reopening

Postby moe. » Sun Jul 19, 4:25 pm

slither wrote:You don't need a button to ignore someone, and we all have friends and foes alike.

That said, if you would gang up on another and vote to banish a member because of your own in-group vanities or insecurities, you are the one who should be banned.

Contribute.
Engage.

Bite back if need be, but please - get a grip, people.

Carry on.

Slith

It would be different if he had anything of value to offer, but all he does is try to get under people's skin. Push buttons. I can't think of one time he's ever mentioned Amsterdam and I kind of wonder if he's ever even been there let alone has any interest in the city/country?

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Sun Jul 19, 5:40 pm

moe. wrote:It would be different if he had anything of value to offer, but all he does is try to get under people's skin. Push buttons. I can't think of one time he's ever mentioned Amsterdam and I kind of wonder if he's ever even been there let alone has any interest in the city/country?

Agreed. And the hypocrisy of his defenders knows no bounds.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Sun Jul 19, 6:53 pm

I am guilty of engaging the troll.
I am honor bound pretty much to call out aggressive willful ignorance and prejudice when it is
displayed so blatantly both on the internet and also in the default world.

Pretty much every other Oklahoman I run into has also come down
with Ignorant Asshole Syndrome and is spewing similar falsehoods and conspiracy garbage.

And the undercurrent of "All Lives Matter" racism.

This is a completely immovable polarized position.

There is no common ground. Nor is there an inch of space we can give back to these
relics of our awful dark past.

Trying to navigate through a semi-normal existence in this atmosphere of hate and destructive behavior
is literally driving everyone insane.

As entertaining as this contention may be to some,
if it were someone you wouldn't appreciate as a friend or neighbor,
what is the point of giving them access to fighting with you on the internet?

I am perfectly fine with getting rid of this oozing sore and stopping the itch.

With his last toxic expletive, he may have already removed himself.

Good bye Felicia.

slither
super power poster
super power poster

Postby slither » Mon Jul 20, 3:50 pm

Rudy wrote:I am guilty of engaging the troll.
I am honor bound pretty much to call out aggressive willful ignorance and prejudice when it is
displayed so blatantly both on the internet and also in the default world.

Pretty much every other Oklahoman I run into has also come down
with Ignorant Asshole Syndrome and is spewing similar falsehoods and conspiracy garbage.

And the undercurrent of "All Lives Matter" racism.

This is a completely immovable polarized position.

There is no common ground. Nor is there an inch of space we can give back to these
relics of our awful dark past.

Trying to navigate through a semi-normal existence in this atmosphere of hate and destructive behavior
is literally driving everyone insane.

As entertaining as this contention may be to some,
if it were someone you wouldn't appreciate as a friend or neighbor,
what is the point of giving them access to fighting with you on the internet?

I am perfectly fine with getting rid of this oozing sore and stopping the itch.

With his last toxic expletive, he may have already removed himself.

Good bye Felicia.

You are righteous and noble.
No need to apologize.

slither
super power poster
super power poster

Postby slither » Mon Jul 20, 3:52 pm

MileHighDenver wrote: . . . the hypocrisy of his defenders knows no bounds.

Defenders?
Please.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Mon Jul 20, 11:49 pm

slither wrote:
You are righteous and noble.
No need to apologize.

I'm not sure about righteous or noble.

I've already been told on several occasions that I'm going to
hell for my excessive use of the word fuck and its myriad variations.

I suppose I could be considered a cunt, but that still trumps stupid motherfucker any day.

slither
super power poster
super power poster

Postby slither » Tue Jul 21, 6:32 pm

Rudy wrote: I suppose I could be considered a cunt, but that still trumps stupid motherfucker any day.

Or a self-deluded, reactionary pothead.

Anything is better than that.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Wed Jul 29, 10:32 am

alpha wrote:
bas wrote:Should i remove Modern Roots ?

Rather than removing MR how about opening the forum to some new members and perhaps we could garner better discourse? Seems like the folks you were most concerned about have since died. C'mon bas, some fresh blood!

23 guests in here this evening bas. C'mon 23 potential posters. Open the gates again!? If you don't wanna filter thru the applicants then hand off those duties to perhaps your former mayor? Or, even one of your old moderators, like FlyByNite for instance?

How about it Sue? You want the job, or just to sue me? ;)

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Wed Jul 29, 12:09 pm

alpha wrote:23 guests in here this evening bas. C'mon 23 potential posters. Open the gates again!? If you don't wanna filter thru the applicants then hand off those duties to perhaps your former mayor? Or, even one of your old moderators, like FlyByNite for instance?

Why don't you do it?

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Thu Jul 30, 2:53 am

Banks wrote:
alpha wrote:23 guests in here this evening bas. C'mon 23 potential posters. Open the gates again!? If you don't wanna filter thru the applicants then hand off those duties to perhaps your former mayor? Or, even one of your old moderators, like FlyByNite for instance?

Why don't you do it?

Obtain me the reigns, Banks. You've met the man, not me, what's our best angle forward on this?

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Thu Jul 30, 9:08 am

alpha wrote:
Banks wrote:

Why don't you do it?

Obtain me the reigns, Banks. You've met the man, not me, what's our best angle forward on this?

Just ask him...

nemesystem
super poster
super poster

Postby nemesystem » Thu Jul 30, 9:29 pm

alpha wrote:
alpha wrote:

Rather than removing MR how about opening the forum to some new members and perhaps we could garner better discourse? Seems like the folks you were most concerned about have since died. C'mon bas, some fresh blood!

23 guests in here this evening bas. C'mon 23 potential posters. Open the gates again!? If you don't wanna filter thru the applicants then hand off those duties to perhaps your former mayor? Or, even one of your old moderators, like FlyByNite for instance?

Just like the daily covid case count that number is subjective.

I browse the forum all the time without logging in.

I seem to remember bas closing the forums due to the spambot posts? If that hasn't been taken care of leave the forum closed.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Tue Sep 01, 4:35 am

Anybody seen the revised death stats due to coronavirus released by the CDC? Only 6% of the reported deaths are 100% caused by coronavirus.
I never believed all those numbers to start with.
Testing positive for the coronavirus just means you tested positive for the common cold.

Over 150,000 deaths had been reported prior to this new CDC statement. Just like I told some of you months ago, you've been brainwashed by the media saturation.

Wake up!!

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Tue Sep 01, 11:03 am

One day you will have to look into the eyes of someone who’s lost a loved one to this virus and say ‘I spread lies so I could lick fascist boot. I helped the deaths mount.”

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Tue Sep 01, 4:22 pm

Dazzler wrote:One day you will have to look into the eyes of someone who’s lost a loved one to this virus and say ‘I spread lies so I could lick fascist boot. I helped the deaths mount.”

So you too have been snookered by this plandemic, Daz? The numbers have been stacked here in the us since the beginning. The cdc changed the way death certificates are written here back in late March. Making anyone with even a suspected case of covid 19 to have died from that disease, with other contributing factors taking a back seat. There is a disease out there and it's killing our elderly and folks with medical problems, but mostly just our elderly with other medical maladies. Our hospitals are indeed putting folks on ventilators, which from my understanding is the wrong way to treat this disease, nonetheless our hospitals collect $19,000 for each confirmed case they have and another $39,000, if they're put on a ventilator. Capitalism is alive and well here, but our healthcare is not.

I don't believe modern roots statement above, but nor do i believe our authorities on this matter, either.

Associated Press wrote:"The underlying cause of death is the condition that began the chain of events that ultimately led to the person's death," Dr. Robert Anderson, who oversees the CDC's death statistics work, said in a statement. "In 92% of all deaths that mention COVID-19, COVID-19 is listed as the underlying cause of death."
[My emphasis]

They go on to state that folks with those other maladies would be alive today, if not for covid 19, but that can easily be turned around to say without their other maladies they'd still be alive today, even tho they'd been confirmed to have covid 19. I know of two folks who've had it, both purportedly confirmed. A young woman i spoke with said she'd had it and it felt like a mild flu for two weeks and the other a 97 year old grandfather, in an upscale retirement home, "who was almost disappointed that it wasn't worse than what it was." Other than that i've asked nearly everyone i cross whilst waiting in line at the store, or elsewhere and not a single one seems to know anyone who's had the disease, let alone die from it. Imho, Daz it appears to be the latest boogie man our authorities are trying to frighten us with, to perhaps usher in bill gates mandatory vaccines and further draconian measures to keep us commoner's down. However, for this surfin' serf, best to ignore whilst playing by their rules and keeping a mask handy at all times, when traversing public space.

uk*bag*lady
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby uk*bag*lady » Wed Sep 02, 7:42 am

alpha wrote:
alpha wrote:

You are joking, yes?

:-)

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Fri Sep 04, 3:24 am

uk*bag*lady wrote:
alpha wrote:
alpha wrote:

You are joking, yes?

Beth? Joking, yn sicr ddim. Dim ond edrych ar y nifer fwyaf o bobl yma ar un adeg ar Fai 13eg, eleni, dau gant dau ddeg pedwar !!! Ffigur dau, neu dri bots ac efallai dwsin o aelodau ac mae hynny'n gadael dros ddau gant o westeion! Allwch chi ddychmygu faint o'r gwesteion hynny a allai fod eisiau bod yn aelodau bonafide? Mae'n debyg bod y niferoedd yn syfrdanol!

Nawr gallaf ddeall a oes gennych chi ail-sylwadau ynglŷn â bod yn Faer eto, ond pe byddech chi'n ailgofrestru ac yn cymryd y swydd nes bod yr aelodaeth yn rhedeg yn rhemp eto ac yna dim ond ymddiswyddo o'r ail arwyddo. Pa mor hawdd yw hynny?

uk*bag*lady
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby uk*bag*lady » Fri Sep 04, 2:04 pm

Lol, Alpha!

Sounds a tad complicated.

I wouldn't become Mayor again here for all the Brains beer in the world!

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Sun Sep 06, 8:45 am

uk*bag*lady wrote:Lol, Alpha!

Sounds a tad complicated.

I wouldn't become Mayor again here for all the Brains beer in the world!

The Sept. 4 20 was a nice touch, however you needed to post either four hours and forty four minutes earlier, or six hours and sixteen minutes later to have made it perfect, but that's only because your a little rusty, i'm sure.

We need our gracious, vivacious, former mayor back, so we can attract new members and show Bas we're a responsible group. Like i said above just sign and resign by design, what could be easier and as an added bonus it would surely reproduce a surly boneymaroni wouldn't it? Been ages since he's been stirred up enough to post anything, hasn't it? Forget the beer it's a no brainer.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Mon Sep 28, 5:44 pm

Is Florida Gov Desantis some kind of sociopath? Why would he fully open bars with no restrictions when his state is a covid - 19 hellhole? What a dumb fuck GOP bootlicker.
Watch him get trounced in 2022. NO MORE Maga governors and the end of Trumpism.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Tue Sep 29, 1:02 am

It's past time for everything to open up.
You must be some more kind of chicken little.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Tue Sep 29, 1:32 am

Git back in the truck and shut the door.

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Tue Sep 29, 6:58 am

They are advising some strict new measures in the big cities here. Bars must close at 10Pm. Not supposed to have more than 4 guests in your home. Masks in shops, etc..

Return to “All Politics”