Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

The place to discuss political issues.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

Postby Cat » Mon Aug 26, 9:01 pm

Bohannon wrote:
Cat wrote:I'm endorsing Beto. He won me over with his El Paso post shooter analysis of Trump Culture.

I'd like him better if he could manage to keep from flailing his arms about like they are attached to his mouth. I cannot watch.

Beto could hook up with Pete as VP running mate.

Beto and Pete are just as progressive as spinster schoolmarm Warren and get off my lawn Sanders, but both are of course dark horses to the establishment apparently as usual.

They both have the requisite intellects and analytical skills. We've seen the geezers and its time to pass that torch.

I'd like to see Beto debate Trump. It would be like a knock down drag out with that abusive father you always loathed.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Wed Sep 04, 8:34 pm

I like Kamala Harris. Biden and Bernie are too old and Beto is unelectable.

slither
super power poster
super power poster

Postby slither » Fri Dec 20, 12:42 pm

Biden/Buttigieg.
Warren comes off as abrasive and unable to completely articulate her vision.
Bernie is more credible, but at this point the electorate appears to have moved on from him.
Steyer is not ready for prime time.
Apart from that, it is time for all hands on deck in the Senate.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Fri Dec 20, 8:36 pm

The nominated Dem candidate will have to go down into the mud to debate Trump. Biden certainly seems capable of going real low to put Drumpf in his place.

Although, hearing about Biden's family tragedies year after year is getting old and I don't doubt that Trump will go there with gusto.

slither
super power poster
super power poster

Postby slither » Sat Dec 21, 11:18 pm

Cat wrote:The nominated Dem candidate will have to go down into the mud to debate Trump. Biden certainly seems capable of going real low to put Drumpf in his place.

Although, hearing about Biden's family tragedies year after year is getting old and I don't doubt that Trump will go there with gusto.

If he prepares well, remains calm and flashes that Biden smile, without allowing himself be triggered by Trump's bullying tactics, Biden will easily outperform Trump, own the debates, and solidify his support among a wide swath of the electorate including women, moderates and African-Americans.

Every time I hear the rightwing noise machine grind its gears over Hunter Biden/Burisma, and the Ukraine election interference nonsense, I want the candidate for the other side to illuminate the corruption in Trump's own family (Trump Foundation, Ivanka's Chinese trademarks and Jared's family financials); the lack of transparency and press conferences; the demonizing of the media, the justice and state departments, immigrants and anyone who disagrees with Trump; the constitutional basis for impeachment; and the fact that it was the stone-walling of Obama by McConnell and the GOP Senate that created such a deficit of judiciary appointments.

It would also be entertaining to watch Buttigieg dismantle the albino bigot from Indiana.

The Democrats just need to stay on message and win a few counties in swing districts.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Sun Dec 22, 1:07 am

off topic, but ...

if one of y'all wants to gift me something for christmas, this would be cool .
https://www.slow-watches.com/the-store/slow-round-11/

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Sun Dec 22, 10:25 am

smokedpeppers wrote:off topic, but ...

if one of y'all wants to gift me something for christmas, this would be cool .
https://www.slow-watches.com/the-store/slow-round-11/

I think there's a way better chance of that occurring, SP, than any democrat beating Trump next Nov.

Good luck on your endeavor, however the dems are gonna need much more than you this coming year. Twenty twenty has never been either party's best foresight, nor hindsight.

slither
super power poster
super power poster

Postby slither » Tue Dec 31, 10:32 pm

alpha wrote: Twenty twenty has never been either party's best foresight, nor hindsight.

Nor the English language your forte.

P.S. - I have no nemeses either online, in your alternate reality, or real life.

I do find you marginally endearing and admire your passion and the consistency of your effort.

Keep up the good work.
This site needs your voice.

God help us.
Slith

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Mon Feb 10, 5:01 pm

I'm fine with Pete Buttigieg I guess. I'd like to see him get the Dem nomination. He could overwhelm Drumpf with his intellect alone. And he's a combat vet and out so he's got that going for him in comparison to Trump's chickenhawk history, disrespect of Veterans and devolved lack of character.

Mayor Pete or Drumpf? Drumpf is the most mediocre white man in history, and dumb as fuck....so the choice is easy.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Mon Feb 10, 5:26 pm

You'd think.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Tue Feb 11, 9:45 pm

Biden is a creepy old cunt who will be ass-to-mouthed by Trump. Buttygig is a big bag of fuck all with no ideas and no policies.

Sanders won Iowa. Sanders will win NH. Sanders has the momentum and the tools to beat Trump. But the DNC are a bunch of corrupt, myopic millionaires who’d rather see a second Trump term than Sanders win a primary. They’re fucking contemptible idiots who should be dragged around Washington behind horses.

Trump is a rapist, a swindler and a greedy fuckpig whose laziness and myopia is allowing some extremely shady people to market-research fascism and export it to the world but you’ll keep voting for brainless cipher twats like Biden and Beauty Jeej because you’ve been told that that’s what constitutes opposition to the erosion of liberal democracy.

Stop it. Stop it now before the world burns.

slither
super power poster
super power poster

Postby slither » Wed Feb 12, 3:44 am

Dazzler wrote: the DNC are a bunch of corrupt, myopic millionaires who’d rather see a second Trump term than Sanders win a primary. They’re fucking contemptible idiots who should be dragged around Washington behind horses.

Stop it. Stop it now before the world burns.

The D N C would rather lose the election than support him.
If he gets the nomination, T-Rump and the right wing noise machine will savage him.
But if he draws the independents and the youth vote in a few key areas, it could indeed be his time.

Clinton fucked up by not picking him as her running mate in 2016.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Wed Feb 12, 11:52 am

Dazzler wrote:you’ll keep voting for brainless cipher twats like Biden and Beauty Jeej because you’ve been told that that’s what constitutes opposition to the erosion of liberal democracy.

We had a guy like Sanders when I was young. A real pied piper to the young people like me at the time. Sen. George McGovern who got totally shellacked by Nixon who was an incumbent with a booming economy to back him up at the time. McGovernism always gets evoked when a left leaning candidate like Sanders comes along.

How about some young leadership from individuals with diverse backgrounds. That's a gamble and rather radical in its own right considering our usual swamp of elderly white men with huge bank accounts who don't want to relinquish power.

I want to hear more from Mayor Pete. Just a gut notion.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Wed Feb 12, 2:53 pm

And know Obama is throwing his weight behind billionaire Mike Bloomturd. I saw the commercial last night. The Dems just have no love for Bernie. It's because he has no way to pay for all he wants to do. The money is just not there and Klobuchar said he doesn't even have enough Democrat support in the Senate to pass his key legislation and Bernie won't compromise. It's his way or the highway.

I'm with Cat, I want to hear more of Buttigieg, he wants to decriminalize small amounts of drugs, which could be a big thing. Although I don't know how his ideas fly with law enforcement. Decriminalizing meth and opioids and heroin may not attract voters.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Thu Feb 13, 10:18 pm

Well maybe he can move from the big social things to the little, like taking a stab at eliminating the GoFundMe accounts to pay for insulin.
Or admitting that science is not a tool of the devil.
Maybe the more conservative folks could go for that.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Sun Feb 16, 11:50 pm

modern roots wrote:And know Obama is throwing his weight behind billionaire Mike Bloomturd. I saw the commercial last night. The Dems just have no love for Bernie. It's because he has no way to pay for all he wants to do. The money is just not there and Klobuchar said he doesn't even have enough Democrat support in the Senate to pass his key legislation and Bernie won't compromise. It's his way or the highway.

I'm with Cat, I want to hear more of Buttigieg, he wants to decriminalize small amounts of drugs, which could be a big thing. Although I don't know how his ideas fly with law enforcement. Decriminalizing meth and opioids and heroin may not attract voters.

There's tons of Butthead on the Youtubes. Knock yourself out. It's a waste of time because he has absolutely fuck all to say, but if that's how you want to spend your time...

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Wed Feb 19, 3:54 pm

Bernie appears to be on a roll. Somehow I just don't see the establishment Dem Party going so progressive that he would be nominated. I hope I'm wrong as going progressive isn't radical in comparison to the new right these days.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Wed Feb 19, 5:50 pm

IMO he will need Kamala as VP to stand a chance.

muckypup
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Postby muckypup » Fri Feb 21, 4:02 am

You lot do realise Trump is going to win, don't you?

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Fri Feb 21, 11:41 am

muckypup wrote:You lot do realise Trump is going to win, don't you?

Only if he can rig it that way with help from foreign governments. That should be self evident no?

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Fri Feb 21, 12:57 pm

Yes, I do. America is over. MUSSRGA!

muckypup
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby muckypup » Fri Feb 21, 9:58 pm

Cat wrote:

Only if he can rig it that way with help from foreign governments. That should be self evident no?

Well, he won last time because the Democrats managed to pick the only challenger who could lose to him. I have to say that if I was a US citizen I'd have voted Trump in 2016 given the choices on offer. It had no more nor less to do with any foreign government than any other election result.

It appears they are doing their utmost to repeat that this year.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Sat Feb 22, 11:24 am

I'm not convinced that Trump is unbeatable or omnipotent. His own hubris and disregard for law, liberty and justice should bring him down.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Sat Feb 22, 3:10 pm

muckypup wrote:
Cat wrote:

Well, he won last time because the Democrats managed to pick the only challenger who could lose to him. I have to say that if I was a US citizen I'd have voted Trump in 2016 given the choices on offer. It had no more nor less to do with any foreign government than any other election result.

You are aware that HRC got about 3 million more votes than the orange menace are you not?

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sun Feb 23, 4:27 am

Cat wrote:

I just saw on the news that Russia is wanting to back and help Bernie Sanders win the election. Looks like the Democrats have the Russian monkey on their backs now.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Sun Feb 23, 11:23 am

modern roots wrote:
Cat wrote:

I just saw on the news that Russia is wanting to back and help Bernie Sanders win the election. Looks like the Democrats have the Russian monkey on their backs now.

The Russians are working on the assumption that Trump will defeat Sanders and that Trump will be less likely to get in the way of Putin's territorial and nuclear ambitions in a second term. So a vote for Trump enables Putin as well. They're mates and Trump's deferential ass kissing performance in Helsinki was proof of that.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Sun Feb 23, 5:49 pm

Cat wrote:I'm not convinced that Trump is unbeatable or omnipotent. His own hubris and disregard for law, liberty and justice should bring him down.

Didn't stop clinton, bush, nor obama and they owned the same hubris and broke the same laws, but were bestowed with second terms, so why not tRUMP? T'would seem to me the bern has quite a following this time around and may just well win the first ballot in June, putting heat on the crat party to nominate him, which they really don't wanna do, however, he's likely the only one with a chance to beat our present, naked emperor. Unfortunately, our oligarchs not only own our electronic voting machines, they can manipulate the electoral college any way they please. They decide, not you, nor we the people. We go along with whatever they decide.

They also own our media and just like the OPCW scandal that's rocked the world everywhere, but in america where it's failed to be reported whatsoever, anywhere. The fact thousands of Brits are protesting against extradition and for the release of Julian Assange, there's little to nothing in american media. You'll have to go to Russian times to learn what's occurring in not so jolly ol' England, because your news is censored.

https://www.rt.com/uk/481472-assange-ra ... on-london/

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Sun Feb 23, 9:55 pm

alpha wrote:
Cat wrote:I'm not convinced that Trump is unbeatable or omnipotent. His own hubris and disregard for law, liberty and justice should bring him down.

... so why not tRUMP?

Really? You see equanimity?

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Mon Feb 24, 3:38 am

Bohannon wrote:
alpha wrote:

... so why not tRUMP?

Really? You see equanimity?

The only place in the usa, that you'll find any assemblage of equanimity is in folks successfully meditating.

muckypup
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby muckypup » Fri Feb 28, 4:05 am

Bohannon wrote:
muckypup wrote:
Cat wrote:

You are aware that HRC got about 3 million more votes than the orange menace are you not?

Your system is your system and there are benefits to it. Don't play that card, it makes you look a bad loser.

Return to “All Politics”