Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

The place to discuss political issues.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: Democrats Presidential Ticket 2020

Postby Bohannon » Fri Feb 28, 3:07 pm

The only loser here is the USA. Hilary is an old rag way past her due date. The Dumbocraps are responsible for tRump in that they had googly-eyes for a lady president....at any cost. I am starting to swing towards Biden in the upcoming merely because tRump and his Overlord Putin don't want him.

slither
super power poster
super power poster

Postby slither » Fri Feb 28, 7:32 pm

Bohannon wrote:The only loser here is the USA. Hilary is an old rag way past her due date. The Dumbocraps are responsible for tRump in that they had googly-eyes for a lady president....at any cost. I am starting to swing towards Biden in the upcoming merely because tRump and his Overlord Putin don't want him.

Too many candidates, too many debates, too much media saturation and not enough truthspeak to power.
A real clusterfuck, likely to assure the reelection of the apprentice president.

Truth has become a fungible commodity and politics long ago edged into the realm of team sports.

We're fucked.
Enjoy the show.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sun Mar 01, 1:23 am

I'll be voting for Bernie on Super Tuesday here. He's going to legalize marijuana and save the planet.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Sun Mar 01, 2:53 pm

modern roots wrote:I'll be voting for Bernie on Super Tuesday here. He's going to legalize marijuana and save the planet.

tRumpsters can vote in the Democrat primary?

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Sun Mar 01, 4:36 pm

Bohannon wrote:The only loser here is the USA. Hilary is an old rag way past her due date. The Dumbocraps are responsible for tRump in that they had googly-eyes for a lady president....at any cost. I am starting to swing towards Biden in the upcoming merely because tRump and his Overlord Putin don't want him.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sun Mar 01, 6:00 pm

Bohannon wrote:
modern roots wrote:I'll be voting for Bernie on Super Tuesday here. He's going to legalize marijuana and save the planet.

tRumpsters can vote in the Democrat primary?

I am going to the Democrat ballot in the primary.
I'll be able to vote either R or D in the election in November.
I just want to give my support to Bernie, at least in the primary.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Mon Mar 02, 10:15 am

How the fuck can you support Trump AND Sanders? Do you not realise that they’re polar opposites?

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Mon Mar 02, 6:51 pm

Dazzler wrote:How the fuck can you support Trump AND Sanders? Do you not realise that they’re polar opposites?

If he votes for Sanders, a risky choice for the Dems in the Primary, he can do his small part to damage the front runner in the Democratic Primary. Is this close to your intention Roots? Or are you a totally cool progressive dressed in Sheep's clothing?

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Tue Mar 03, 2:00 am

An important brief essay about our upcoming election, by economist Dr. Michael Hudson, who believes there is only one candidate you can vote for and not be voting for trump.

Dr. Michael Hudson wrote:To hear the candidates debate, you would think that their fight was over who could best beat Trump. But when Trump’s billionaire twin Mike Bloomberg throws a quarter-billion dollars into an ad campaign to bypass the candidates actually running for votes in Iowa, New Hampshire and Nevada, it’s obvious that what really is at issue is the future of the Democrat Party. Bloomberg is banking on a brokered convention held by the Democratic National Committee (DNC) in which money votes. (If “corporations are people,” so is money in today’s political world.)

Until Nevada, all the presidential candidates except for Bernie Sanders were playing for a brokered convention. The party’s candidates seemed likely to be chosen by the Donor Class, the One Percent and its proxies, not the voting class (the 99 Percent). If, as Mayor Bloomberg has assumed, the DNC will sell the presidency to the highest bidder, this poses the great question: Can the myth that the Democrats represent the working/middle class survive? Or, will the Donor Class trump the voting class?

This could be thought of as “election interference” – not from Russia but from the DNC on behalf of its Donor Class. That scenario would make the Democrats’ slogan for 2020 “No Hope or Change.” That is, no change from today’s economic trends that are sweeping wealth up to the One Percent.

A second-ballot super-delegate scenario would mean that we are once again in for a second Trump term. That option was supported by five of the six presidential contenders on stage in Nevada on Wednesday, February 20. When Chuck Todd asked whether Michael Bloomberg, Elizabeth Warren, Joe Biden, Pete Buttigieg and Amy Klobuchar would support the candidate who received the most votes in the primaries (now obviously Bernie Sanders), or throw the nomination to the super-delegates held over from the Obama-Clinton neoliberals (75 of whom already are said to have pledged their support to Bloomberg), each advocated “letting the process play out.” That was a euphemism for leaving the choice to the Tony-Blair style leadership that have made the Democrats the servants’ entrance to the Republican Party. Like the British Labour Party behind Blair and Gordon Brown, its role is to block any left-wing alternative to the Republican program on behalf of the One Percent.

The biggest difference between Sanders and obama is that the msm and the establishment supported obame, because they knew he was bought and paid for and sure enough when elected he exonerated and coddled wall street and screwed the masses. They ain't supporting Bernie this time around, simply because he's not a panderer for the one percent.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Tue Mar 03, 2:10 am

Rudy wrote:
Dazzler wrote:How the fuck can you support Trump AND Sanders? Do you not realise that they’re polar opposites?

If he votes for Sanders, a risky choice for the Dems in the Primary, he can do his small part to damage the front runner in the Democratic Primary. Is this close to your intention Roots? Or are you a totally cool progressive dressed in Sheep's clothing?

No hidden motives, Rudy. I like Bernie for 3 reasons. He wants to legalize marijuana. He is pushing $15 an hour minimum wage and he wants Medicare for all. It's long past time for all three. I like Trump because he's building the wall and telling all the illegal immigrants to go home.

Trump doesn't need my vote in the primary because he has no competition, but Bernie might need the votes in what looks like a close race with Biden.

If anyone other than Bernie wins for the Democrats I'll probably vote Trump in November. I'm going to do my part in getting Bernie elected.

slither
super power poster
super power poster

Postby slither » Tue Mar 03, 4:45 am

Bullshit.
You’re a pothead bigot troll, whose vote is utterly inconsequential unless you happen to vote Bernie and the Democrats win Alabama.

Good luck with that.

Now that it has come down to Biden and Bernie, the two must join forces or face Trump 2.0 - just as with Hillary. This is now the test for the DNC and the only hope to thwart the GOP.

It is ironic how history repeats itself.

Silly boy.

slither
super power poster
super power poster

Postby slither » Tue Mar 03, 4:48 am

alpha wrote:An important brief essay about our upcoming election, by economist Dr. Michael Hudson, who believes there is only one candidate you can vote for and not be voting for trump.

Dr. Michael Hudson wrote:To hear the candidates debate, you would think that their fight was over who could best beat Trump. But when Trump’s billionaire twin Mike Bloomberg throws a quarter-billion dollars into an ad campaign to bypass the candidates actually running for votes in Iowa, New Hampshire and Nevada, it’s obvious that what really is at issue is the future of the Democrat Party. Bloomberg is banking on a brokered convention held by the Democratic National Committee (DNC) in which money votes. (If “corporations are people,” so is money in today’s political world.)

Until Nevada, all the presidential candidates except for Bernie Sanders were playing for a brokered convention. The party’s candidates seemed likely to be chosen by the Donor Class, the One Percent and its proxies, not the voting class (the 99 Percent). If, as Mayor Bloomberg has assumed, the DNC will sell the presidency to the highest bidder, this poses the great question: Can the myth that the Democrats represent the working/middle class survive? Or, will the Donor Class trump the voting class?

This could be thought of as “election interference” – not from Russia but from the DNC on behalf of its Donor Class. That scenario would make the Democrats’ slogan for 2020 “No Hope or Change.” That is, no change from today’s economic trends that are sweeping wealth up to the One Percent.

A second-ballot super-delegate scenario would mean that we are once again in for a second Trump term. That option was supported by five of the six presidential contenders on stage in Nevada on Wednesday, February 20. When Chuck Todd asked whether Michael Bloomberg, Elizabeth Warren, Joe Biden, Pete Buttigieg and Amy Klobuchar would support the candidate who received the most votes in the primaries (now obviously Bernie Sanders), or throw the nomination to the super-delegates held over from the Obama-Clinton neoliberals (75 of whom already are said to have pledged their support to Bloomberg), each advocated “letting the process play out.” That was a euphemism for leaving the choice to the Tony-Blair style leadership that have made the Democrats the servants’ entrance to the Republican Party. Like the British Labour Party behind Blair and Gordon Brown, its role is to block any left-wing alternative to the Republican program on behalf of the One Percent.

The biggest difference between Sanders and obama is that the msm and the establishment supported obame, because they knew he was bought and paid for and sure enough when elected he exonerated and coddled wall street and screwed the masses. They ain't supporting Bernie this time around, simply because he's not a panderer for the one percent.

Simplistic nonsense - but your point about the one percent is fairly accurate.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Tue Mar 03, 10:17 am

slither wrote:Bullshit.
You’re a pothead bigot troll, whose vote is utterly inconsequential.

There you are talking about yourself again.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Tue Mar 03, 4:47 pm

modern roots wrote:
Rudy wrote:

No hidden motives, Rudy. I like Bernie for 3 reasons. He wants to legalize marijuana. He is pushing $15 an hour minimum wage and he wants Medicare for all. It's long past time for all three. I like Trump because he's building the wall and telling all the illegal immigrants to go home.

Trump doesn't need my vote in the primary because he has no competition, but Bernie might need the votes in what looks like a close race with Biden.

If anyone other than Bernie wins for the Democrats I'll probably vote Trump in November. I'm going to do my part in getting Bernie elected.

This gives me hope. If Sanders wins the Dem primaries
then we can vote together as brothers for a better USA.
If Sanders doesn't make it out of the primaries, then my vote will still happily be used to scratch out your itch to support the mendacious one's second term in office.
Win win. Still s little surprised you're a Sanders man.
You are good news for Americans, pathologists, and regular non- lying folk everywhere. Keep up the good work.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Tue Mar 03, 5:48 pm

Rudy wrote:
modern roots wrote:
Rudy wrote:

If Sanders doesn't make it out of the primaries, then my vote will still happily be used to scratch out your itch to support the mendacious one's second term in office.
You are good news for Americans, pathologists, and regular non- lying folk everywhere. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the kind words, Rudy.
It's official, I just got in from the voting booth and I cast my vote for Bernie. Let's hope he can pull out the win.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Tue Mar 03, 6:41 pm

modern roots wrote:
Rudy wrote:
modern roots wrote:
Rudy wrote:

Thanks for the kind words, Rudy.
It's official, I just got in from the voting booth and I cast my vote for Bernie. Let's hope he can pull out the win.

...this wall thing though. It troubles me somewhat that you see value in such a useless and dangerous political ploy.
The Ruskies pulled this nonsense in Berlin. How on Earth do we attempt a thousand miles of this unachievable monument to division and authoritarianism? We are in sore need of large scale policy changes through legislation to secure and protect our borders. Enforcement is needed, but it is not the answer.
Knowing people affected by this administration's draconian stance on immigration, I am deeply offended by the notion that more incarceration is the answer to our border problems.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Tue Mar 03, 7:34 pm

slither wrote:
alpha wrote:An important brief essay about our upcoming election, by economist Dr. Michael Hudson, who believes there is only one candidate you can vote for and not be voting for trump.

Simplistic nonsense - but your point about the one percent is fairly accurate.

Coming from a 'Pothead, bigot troll", that doesn't mean much. Why don''t you slither away and byte on somebody else?

modern roots wrote:It's official, I just got in from the voting booth and I cast my vote for Bernie. Let's hope he can pull out the win

Good vote roots! Sanders is the only one with a profound movement building around him. I don't think he'll have much trouble sweeping most of the primaries. His biggest battle will be with the bought and paid for dnc. They take Bernie's charge away from him again the crats will be toast moving forward and trump will likely be working with a republican senate and house.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Wed Mar 04, 5:16 pm

Bohannon wrote: I am starting to swing towards Biden in the upcoming merely because tRump and his Overlord Putin don't want him.

Yeah, its looking very Biden. How will Joe hold up when Der Fuhrer goes up against him in debate and waltzes out launching an attack on how Joe was a bad husband and father because he wasn't there to protect his dead wife and daughter? Toss in a few brain cancer references about Beau to top it off while Joe tries to remain composed and show his human empathic side. What a shit show. Must see viewing.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Wed Mar 04, 5:56 pm

Bernie got the shit beat out of him in my state of Alabama. Looks like the voters went with the moderate Dem in the race. Now that Bloomberg dropped out it would appear Biden is the frontrunner. He's nowhere near as radical as Bernie which might be a good thing. We'll see how the rest of the primaries play out but I think it's going to be Biden.
Biden is moderate enough that I might cast my vote for him instead of Trump. The debates should be interesting.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Wed Mar 04, 7:32 pm

Cat wrote:How will Joe hold up when Der Fuhrer goes up against him in debate...

My guess is there won't be any debates between Biden & Trump...

nemesystem
super poster
super poster

Postby nemesystem » Wed Mar 04, 8:57 pm

How about that super tuesday lmao....

Clowns...

Little Michael should have never entered the 'race' Biden's a democratic version of Trump...

And Bernies so far left that the remaining boomers will use the 'system' against him....

smh

slither
super power poster
super power poster

Postby slither » Thu Mar 05, 2:26 am

alpha wrote: Coming from a 'Pothead, bigot troll", that doesn't mean much.

Meh. Your brother defined himself as such.
Freedom of speech is a bitch, eh?

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Thu Mar 05, 5:22 am

nemesystem wrote:How about that super tuesday lmao....

Clowns...

Little Michael should have never entered the 'race' Biden's a democratic version of Trump...

And Bernies so far left...

He really isn’t.

slither
super power poster
super power poster

Postby slither » Thu Mar 05, 2:50 pm

The vaunted Super Tuesday results show that Bernie is almost passé at this point. He failed to capture a majority of the youth vote, and the African-American community, as well as moderates, went big for Biden. Furthermore, it remains to be considered exactly how, in this current political climate, Sanders could ever execute on any of his touted policies. Politics is the art of the compromise, of the possible, but these terms are anathema to the GOP.

Here in the US we are burdened with a senatorial imbalance resulting from over-representation of the GOP, and this does not bode well for anything either Sanders - or Warren, for that matter - would champion as far as policy. The youth vote was lacking via-a-vis Sanders, and Warren is toast. Assuming he does get the nomination, the best political play would be for Biden to pick Sanders (or Buttigieg) as his running mate, and allow the remainder to either return to the senate where they are most needed, or, select them as cabinet members, thereby allowing the governors from their respective states to pick their replacements.

Bernie is a true believer and a legitimate warrior, but if he cannot get the nomination, let alone implement his agenda once elected, what good would it do?

People want hope, a return to normalcy, and a break from the constant media saturation surrounding an unaccountable administration.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Fri Mar 06, 2:09 am

slither wrote:
alpha wrote: Coming from a 'Pothead, bigot troll", that doesn't mean much.

Meh. Your brother defined himself as such.
Freedom of speech is a bitch, eh?

There you go talking about yourself again.

Return to “All Politics”