The State of the Union Address

The place to discuss political issues.

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1133
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

The State of the Union Address

Postby slither » Sun Jan 28, 7:42 pm

I am hoping for spectacle - as much crazy bullshit and drama as possible. Let it fall.
We have survived one year of this madness. There will be more before it is over.

And now, at this important juncture, the DNC offers up Joseph Kennedy III to provide the counterpoint?
They may as well have Chelsea Clinton.

The current state of our Union?
We're fucked.

Enjoy the show.

User avatar
Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6990
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 8:36 pm
Location: @ 7,230 Feet

Re: The State of the Union Address

Postby Old Fart » Mon Jan 29, 2:42 pm

Pelosi says she's bringing Dreamers to fill the seats of the lawmakers boycotting the speech. Trump says he's bringing ICE agents.

Wouldn't miss it.

User avatar
Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6129
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 7:43 pm
Location: Outside the Box

Re: The State of the Union Address

Postby Rudy » Tue Jan 30, 9:44 pm

I hope he can try to be cordial and respectful.
People need hope in order to live productively.


The future is very prickly, unclear and uncomfortable.
Personally, I prefer to stay right here. Right now.
Its easier to breathe that way.

Cujo04
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5505
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 5:14 pm

Re: The State of the Union Address

Postby Cujo04 » Wed Jan 31, 3:05 am

He'll do fine on the speech tonight. Then he will blow it all up tomorrow on twitter

User avatar
Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6129
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 7:43 pm
Location: Outside the Box

Re: The State of the Union Address

Postby Rudy » Wed Jan 31, 6:40 pm

Thankfully he stuck to the script and didn`t mention "Fake News".
Pretty standard Presidential rhetoric, with more bragging about the GOP`s
disassembly of various Agencies and programs than substance or details about
anything beneficial he has planned. An obvious partisan split right through the middle of Congress.
Democrats sitting quietly on the right side drawing sighs, while Republicans stand and cheer even more loudly
on the left to equalize the pin drop silence of their rivals.
Skeet. Skeet. Skeet.
Trump jizz was flowing everywhere.
Nearly an hour and a half of Trump jizzing.
An absolute world class jizzing.

nemesystem
super poster
super poster
Posts: 918
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 9:50 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

Re: The State of the Union Address

Postby nemesystem » Wed Jan 31, 9:08 pm

Pretty uneventful...

lmfao @ the ex NK soldier deemed an "American Hero" for deserting(sp?) and being captured.....

"He was a war hero because he was captured" - Donald Trump

User avatar
Cali Guy
super poster
super poster
Posts: 888
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 9:12 am
Location: Super Power Poster

Re: The State of the Union Address

Postby Cali Guy » Thu Feb 01, 12:18 am

nemesystem wrote:Pretty uneventful...

lmfao @ the ex NK soldier deemed an "American Hero" for deserting(sp?) and being captured.....

"He was a war hero because he was captured" - Donald Trump




Were you laughing so hard your oxygen deprived brain conjured up some “ex NK soldier “ missing the point that NK is a brutal regime and make up some bullshit quote?
You should stick to the feckless “lol” you're so attached to, “lmao” may be a little too complex for you.


Why not read the NYT story about Ji Seong-ho and get back to the board what exactly makes you laugh your fucking ass off about his life
Last edited by Cali Guy on Thu Feb 01, 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

nemesystem
super poster
super poster
Posts: 918
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 9:50 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

Re: The State of the Union Address

Postby nemesystem » Thu Feb 01, 2:20 am

Cali Guy wrote:
nemesystem wrote:Pretty uneventful...

lmfao @ the ex NK soldier deemed an "American Hero" for deserting(sp?) and being captured.....

"He was a war hero because he was captured" - Donald Trump




Were you laughing so hard your oxygen deprived brain conjured up some “ex NK soldier “ missing the point that NK is a brutal regime and make up some bullshit quote?
You should stick to the feckless “lol” you're so attached to, “lmao” may be a little too complex for you.


Why not read the NYT story about Ji Seong-ho and get back to the board what exactly makes you laugh your fucking ass off about his life


Someone needs a diaper change lol! Your selective outrage is pathetic. Bullshit quote you say? Except for the fact Trump really did say that but you can call it bullshit all you want.

Just because Ji Seong-ho had a terrible life (if that is even partially true) does not make him an "American Hero" Yours and others
admiration of him is hypocritical because it overlooks other innocent victims like those of US Bombings & U.S. drone strikes.

btw it's lmfao ... but apparently the F is too complex for you? lmfao dumbass

User avatar
Cali Guy
super poster
super poster
Posts: 888
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 9:12 am
Location: Super Power Poster

Re: The State of the Union Address

Postby Cali Guy » Thu Feb 01, 4:18 am

Nice deflection...spoken just like the corporate toadie you are.

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1133
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

Re: The State of the Union Address

Postby slither » Thu Feb 01, 8:09 pm

Herr (Hair?) Trump seemed to really enjoy walking around the podium clapping for himself.

User avatar
smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5860
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 10:45 pm
Location: 3rd. rock
Contact:

Re: The State of the Union Address

Postby smokedpeppers » Fri Feb 02, 4:51 pm

and appears joseppi didn't wipe the facial all off .

User avatar
Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6129
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 7:43 pm
Location: Outside the Box

Re: The State of the Union Address

Postby Rudy » Fri Feb 02, 6:30 pm

" Beautiful... Clean... Coal ! "

LMMFAO!

User avatar
Cali Guy
super poster
super poster
Posts: 888
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 9:12 am
Location: Super Power Poster

Re: The State of the Union Address

Postby Cali Guy » Fri Feb 02, 8:28 pm

Rudy wrote:" Beautiful... Clean... Coal ! "

LMMFAO!



That's the way to use an acronym, unlike the tepid 'lol'.

User avatar
Cali Guy
super poster
super poster
Posts: 888
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 9:12 am
Location: Super Power Poster

Re: The State of the Union Address

Postby Cali Guy » Fri Feb 02, 8:36 pm

nemesystem wrote:"He was a war hero because he was captured" - Donald Trump


nemesystem wrote: Bullshit quote you say? Except for the fact Trump really did say that but you can call it bullshit all you want.

Yes...I can call it bullshit and do. Again your diminished capacity and blind hatred has caused you to totally believe the voices you hear in your head are fact.Your muddled brain has conflated John McCain with Ji Seong-ho.

nemesystem wrote:Yours and others admiration of him is hypocritical because it overlooks other innocent victims like those of US Bombings & U.S. drone strikes.

Addressing one atrocity in no way “overlooks” or abate any other atrocity.


nemesystem wrote:Just because Ji Seong-ho had a terrible life (if that is even partially true)


What I will never do is diminish another's pain and suffering as you have.

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4204
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 1:42 am

Re: The State of the Union Address

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Sun Feb 04, 5:48 pm

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-state-union-795898

the fact checking site crashed during his attempt at political speak

Ahead of the president’s speech, the website had checked more than 498 of Trump’s statements, and shared a tweet stating that on those occasions it had found four percent of the statements were true, 12 percent mostly true, 15 percent half true, 21 percent mostly false, 33 percent false, and 15 percent “pants on fire,” the website’s categorization of an outright lie.

Cujo04
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5505
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 5:14 pm

Re: The State of the Union Address

Postby Cujo04 » Sun Feb 04, 11:29 pm

It's a good thing for the media to be showing journalistic curiosity in what the President's doing after being MIA for 8 years

nemesystem
super poster
super poster
Posts: 918
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 9:50 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

Re: The State of the Union Address

Postby nemesystem » Thu Feb 08, 4:21 am

Cali Guy wrote:
Yes...I can call it bullshit and do. Again your diminished capacity and blind hatred has caused you to totally believe the voices you hear in your head are fact.Your muddled brain has conflated John McCain with Ji Seong-ho.


Addressing one atrocity in no way “overlooks” or abate any other atrocity.


What I will never do is diminish another's pain and suffering as you have.



lol again your selective outrage is pathetic.

Does the troll need more food?

nemesystem
super poster
super poster
Posts: 918
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 9:50 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

Re: The State of the Union Address

Postby nemesystem » Thu Feb 08, 4:22 am

Cujo04 wrote:It's a good thing for the media to be showing journalistic curiosity in what the President's doing after being MIA for 8 years


in all fairness Obama was a bit of a lame duck... what would they have reported on?


Return to “All Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests