Nikki Haley

The place to discuss political issues.

kiwi_in_Oz
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1565
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 12:03 pm

Re: Nikki Haley

Postby kiwi_in_Oz » Mon Jan 01, 8:12 am

nemesystem wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but I've always thought that Christians believed Jerusalem was the capital of Israel?


Tel Aviv the wanna be capital of the USA is more the trend

kiwi_in_Oz
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1565
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 12:03 pm

Re: Nikki Haley

Postby kiwi_in_Oz » Mon Jan 01, 8:24 am

kiwi_in_Oz wrote:Nah that’s rubbish mate

What’s 300 million compared to the billions spent on wars ?

Drop in the ocean bro


https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/14/worl ... y-aid.html

Here the yanks giving 38 Billion to Israel . Makes that 300 million look like chicken feed doesn’t it ?

I wonder what percentage of Americans given the choice would vote for such a gift ?

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 3872
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: Nikki Haley

Postby alpha » Mon Jan 01, 7:57 pm

kiwi_in_Oz wrote:I wonder what percentage of Americans given the choice would vote for such a gift ?


In our electorate system? The vast minority i'm sure.

Cujo04
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5505
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 5:14 pm

Re: Nikki Haley

Postby Cujo04 » Mon Jan 01, 10:11 pm

$38B!! And Obama hated Netanyahu. I imagine Trump will bump that up.

$38B is spare change to our Congress. The $300M associated with the UN is just token nonsense although it might put a dent in the members personal entertainment fund if it were possible to focus it there. The electorate votes for representatives and few pay attention to what their representatives are spending money on.

kiwi_in_Oz
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1565
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 12:03 pm

Re: Nikki Haley

Postby kiwi_in_Oz » Tue Jan 02, 11:30 am

Yeah I suspect that figure isn’t the total of all the gifts as well

“The United States has foolishly given Pakistan more than 33 billion dollars in aid over the last 15 years”

Surprised to hear Pakistan got 33 billion and also surprised the trumpeter was happy to tell the world how wasteful the yanks really are.


For a mere one billion I would be happy to start the “be nice to Americans abroad ( regardless of their political views) foundation. “

Pretty sure I could make a real difference in the world.

Cujo04
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5505
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 5:14 pm

Re: Nikki Haley

Postby Cujo04 » Tue Jan 02, 1:58 pm

It would be helpful to the voters if Congress would wear suits emblazoned with the logos of their corporate sponsors.... similar to race car drivers

kiwi_in_Oz
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1565
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 12:03 pm

Re: Nikki Haley

Postby kiwi_in_Oz » Tue Jan 02, 2:23 pm

Very good idea not just for the us but most countries

nemesystem
super poster
super poster
Posts: 926
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 9:50 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

Re: Nikki Haley

Postby nemesystem » Wed Jan 03, 3:08 am

kiwi_in_Oz wrote:Please help me understand why the Americans support Israel so much ?


I believe it has to do with religious bullshit.

Basically the Christians want control of the "holy land" for when the 2nd coming of Christ happens? I was taught that when Jesus returns lmao that it would be were Israel is today or if you believe the Mormons it will happen here in Utah or Upstate New York. lmfao

fucking religious kooks....smh

User avatar
moe.
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 7:06 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Nikki Haley

Postby moe. » Thu Nov 29, 5:23 pm

kiwi_in_Oz wrote:I’m not sure what it about this women but I have immediate distaste every time I hear her speak.

Is it just me ?

Do Americans like her ?


We have a new local newscaster that could pass for Haley's sister.

User avatar
smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5887
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 10:45 pm
Location: 3rd. rock
Contact:

Re: Nikki Haley

Postby smokedpeppers » Thu Nov 29, 7:38 pm

moe. wrote:
kiwi_in_Oz wrote:I’m not sure what it about this women but I have immediate distaste every time I hear her speak.

Is it just me ?

Do Americans like her ?


We have a new local newscaster that could pass for Haley's sister.

putin's duchess knockoff . http://siberiantimes.com/PICTURES/OTHER ... ghan/4.jpg

User avatar
NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15709
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 5:53 pm

Re: Nikki Haley

Postby NewYork, New York » Tue Dec 18, 5:50 pm

kiwi_in_Oz wrote:I find her wayyyy worse than those examples.

Just something about her that screams evil to a simple kiwi



Really? Can you give us an example or two of her "evilness"?

User avatar
NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15709
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 5:53 pm

Re: Nikki Haley

Postby NewYork, New York » Tue Dec 18, 5:52 pm

nemesystem wrote:
kiwi_in_Oz wrote:Please help me understand why the Americans support Israel so much ?


I believe it has to do with religious bullshit.

Basically the Christians want control of the "holy land" for when the 2nd coming of Christ happens? I was taught that when Jesus returns lmao that it would be were Israel is today or if you believe the Mormons it will happen here in Utah or Upstate New York. lmfao

fucking religious kooks....smh


You are an idiot.

Christians are being driven out of the middle east and this has been going on for decades.
Anyone who pays even a bit of attention to the middle east would know this.

You are a bigot, plain and simple.

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15380
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Nikki Haley

Postby Dazzler » Sat Dec 29, 3:09 pm

NewYork, New York wrote:
nemesystem wrote:
kiwi_in_Oz wrote:Please help me understand why the Americans support Israel so much ?


I believe it has to do with religious bullshit.

Basically the Christians want control of the "holy land" for when the 2nd coming of Christ happens? I was taught that when Jesus returns lmao that it would be were Israel is today or if you believe the Mormons it will happen here in Utah or Upstate New York. lmfao

fucking religious kooks....smh


You are an idiot.

Christians are being driven out of the middle east and this has been going on for decades.
Anyone who pays even a bit of attention to the middle east would know this.

You are a bigot, plain and simple.


But how can we stop the IDF displacing Palestinians?

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 3872
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: Nikki Haley

Postby alpha » Sat Dec 29, 3:37 pm

Dazzler wrote:
NewYork, New York wrote:
nemesystem wrote:
kiwi_in_Oz wrote:Please help me understand why the Americans support Israel so much ?


I believe it has to do with religious bullshit.

Basically the Christians want control of the "holy land" for when the 2nd coming of Christ happens? I was taught that when Jesus returns lmao that it would be were Israel is today or if you believe the Mormons it will happen here in Utah or Upstate New York. lmfao

fucking religious kooks....smh


You are an idiot.

Christians are being driven out of the middle east and this has been going on for decades.
Anyone who pays even a bit of attention to the middle east would know this.

You are a bigot, plain and simple.


But how can we stop the IDF displacing Palestinians?


I believe you're going to have to give the idf the boot, for breaking all kinds of geneva conventions and what not, so they should be sent packing, but to where? Well, i've read there might be some royal lands up for grabs, perhaps send them there? They own most of your security apparatus anyway, so it'd be a win, win for everyone concerned, except those poor, down trodden spoiled ones, who've been pulling the wool over your eyes for centuries. As for privatization i think any folks that have risen to royalty status, over any group of people, have thoroughly conquered privatization.

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15380
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Nikki Haley

Postby Dazzler » Sat Dec 29, 5:45 pm

alpha wrote:
I believe you're going to have to give the idf the boot, for breaking all kinds of geneva conventions and what not, so they should be sent packing, but to where? Well, i've read there might be some royal lands up for grabs, perhaps send them there? They own most of your security apparatus anyway, so it'd be a win, win for everyone concerned, except those poor, down trodden spoiled ones, who've been pulling the wool over your eyes for centuries. As for privatization i think any folks that have risen to royalty status, over any group of people, have thoroughly conquered privatization.


Errr, yeah. Thanks for that mate.

User avatar
Cali Guy
super poster
super poster
Posts: 904
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 9:12 am
Location: Super Power Poster

Re: Nikki Haley

Postby Cali Guy » Sat Dec 29, 8:52 pm

Dazzler wrote:But how can we stop the IDF displacing Palestinians?




Simply put...you can't. The English partition of the Middle East fucked up the entire region beyond any repair or hope.

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15380
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Nikki Haley

Postby Dazzler » Sun Dec 30, 10:44 am

It’d probably help if the US put a cap on their habit of funding they terrorists who they think are cool

User avatar
Cali Guy
super poster
super poster
Posts: 904
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 9:12 am
Location: Super Power Poster

Re: Nikki Haley

Postby Cali Guy » Sun Dec 30, 8:24 pm

Dazzler wrote:It’d probably help if the US put a cap on their habit of funding they terrorists who they think are cool




I get your drift in-spite of the horrible grammar. Having said that, one thing the US wouldn't do is give the Medal of Freedom to a commander of an occupation force for slaughtering innocents and planting nail bombs on the dead and dying. That's better left to a defunct Empire.

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15380
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Nikki Haley

Postby Dazzler » Mon Dec 31, 12:56 am

Go on then. Rewrite it. I know you're dying to.

No, but they were quite happy to send money to the IRA for them to use to slaughter civilians and - even now after 9/11 - to shovel money and credibility at Israel to pay for bullets that end up in the shattered heads of Palestinian children.

User avatar
Cali Guy
super poster
super poster
Posts: 904
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 9:12 am
Location: Super Power Poster

Re: Nikki Haley

Postby Cali Guy » Mon Dec 31, 7:33 pm

Dazzler wrote:No, but they were quite happy to send money to the IRA for them to use to slaughter civilians and - even now after 9/11 - to shovel money and credibility at Israel to pay for bullets that end up in the shattered heads of Palestinian children.




Your Hibernophobic and Anti-semitic bigotry can't wash away the blood from the direct results of England's partitioning of lands beyond it's borders.


My New Year will be a bit brighter knowing I've infuriated a bigot by dragging out his dark convictions.

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15380
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Nikki Haley

Postby Dazzler » Mon Dec 31, 9:41 pm

It's bigoted to object to the slaughter of innocent people?

Off you stroll, fucko. None of the crimes of the empire were committed during my lifetime, but your taxes are used to kill small children.

User avatar
Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6143
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 7:43 pm
Location: Outside the Box

Re: Nikki Haley

Postby Rudy » Tue Jan 01, 1:40 am

Is this a form of "Nationalism" raising it`s head on Channels where we ignore our own countries history and culpability in these tragedies and shift the focus of the argument back to the faults of the other country?
Almost seems like it in this latest exchange between 2 normally ethical arguers.

User avatar
Cali Guy
super poster
super poster
Posts: 904
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 9:12 am
Location: Super Power Poster

Re: Nikki Haley

Postby Cali Guy » Tue Jan 01, 4:55 pm

It's about exposing bigotry masquerading as humanitarianism all the while condemning two states created trough no fault of their own.


I'm totally guilty of baiting.

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15380
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Nikki Haley

Postby Dazzler » Fri Jan 04, 1:55 am

Rudy wrote:Is this a form of "Nationalism" raising it`s head on Channels where we ignore our own countries history and culpability in these tragedies and shift the focus of the argument back to the faults of the other country?
Almost seems like it in this latest exchange between 2 normally ethical arguers.


It's not so much nationalism as anti-nationalism. I don't believe that anyone should take credit for things that they had no part in creating or protecting. Similarly, those not yet born during shameful (and the British Empire carried out some appalling atrocities) periods of history can in no way be blamed or made to feel culpable for them. I don't strut around Berlin berating modern Germans for Germany's past because almost every German with direct experience of the Nazis is dead.

It seems to me that we need to work out what we can do about the things that are happening now, rather than banging on about historical injustices no matter how justified our grievances might be.

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4208
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 1:42 am

Re: Nikki Haley

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Fri Jan 04, 11:54 pm

Dazzler wrote:
Rudy wrote:Is this a form of "Nationalism" raising it`s head on Channels where we ignore our own countries history and culpability in these tragedies and shift the focus of the argument back to the faults of the other country?
Almost seems like it in this latest exchange between 2 normally ethical arguers.


It's not so much nationalism as anti-nationalism. I don't believe that anyone should take credit for things that they had no part in creating or protecting. Similarly, those not yet born during shameful (and the British Empire carried out some appalling atrocities) periods of history can in no way be blamed or made to feel culpable for them. I don't strut around Berlin berating modern Germans for Germany's past because almost every German with direct experience of the Nazis is dead.

It seems to me that we need to work out what we can do about the things that are happening now, rather than banging on about historical injustices no matter how justified our grievances might be.


well said


Return to “All Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest