The place to discuss political issues.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby Old Fart » Sat Nov 04, 5:55 pm

You can read but you can't comprehend.

*We're not taking about fracking.

*The Denver post provided data but no analysis. Our Colorado representative provided that.

*I've already proven there is no statistical difference between stoned drivers and sober drivers.

*Your anecdotal evidence isn't relevant.

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Sat Nov 04, 6:23 pm

Old Fart wrote:*I've already proven there is no statistical difference between stoned drivers and sober drivers.

Absolutely, in fact a little dab will improve driving skills in most cases.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Sat Nov 04, 6:52 pm

Cali Guy wrote:
Old Fart wrote:*I've already proven there is no statistical difference between stoned drivers and sober drivers.

You can make jokes all you want. I've provided the evidence. Now it's your turn to respond with a rebuttal instead of a flippant dismissal.

Or not.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Sat Nov 04, 7:30 pm

Canada? Why go there.
NY State and regional/local police will be busting US bound Americans and visitors from Canada if they catch you pie eyed behind the wheel. What could be an easier arrest for a cop. That revenue should pay for all those swanky hot rods the NY State Police are using these days. Up to $1000 fine for the first offense.
So the point whether or not pot heads are to high or no more threat than sober drivers is completely mute.

"Driving under the influence of marijuana is a crime in New York. This article explains the penalties imposed for DUI violations, but other laws regarding marijuana possession may also apply to drivers and passengers."
"When marijuana is involved, however, any amount of marijuana that was in the driver’s blood or urine while he was driving will establish that the driver was under the influence. (71 N.Y. Laws Ann. § 1192.)"
https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/marijuana-laws-and-penalties/dui/new-york.htm

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Sat Nov 04, 8:27 pm

Old Fart wrote:You can read but you can't comprehend.

Ditto

Old Fart wrote:*We're not taking about fracking.

But your sole source for your point of view is and he's a shill for the petroleum industry, could you pick somebody else?

Old Fart wrote:*The Denver post provided data but no analysis. Our Colorado representative provided that.

The data the denver post is providing flies in the face of what your public figure is stating and since he's a shill for the petroleum industry that's hardly a recommendation on his credibility.

Where exactly? and a link would be helpful.

Old Fart wrote:*Your anecdotal evidence isn't relevant.

Perhaps not, but truthfully OF, could you swallow twenty full strength edibles over a one hour period and still drive to Grand Junction in say six hours? I know most sane people wouldn't try it, but we both know there are people out there that would and even a disconcerting few who'd continue with dabs the whole way to where ever they wreck, accidentally.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Sat Nov 04, 8:46 pm

Tom Jackman, for the washington post wrote:When a friend says, “I’ll hit you up later dog,” he is stating that he will call again sometime. He is not calling the person a “later dog.”

But that’s not how the courts in Louisiana see it. And when a suspect in an interrogation told detectives to “just give me a lawyer dog,” the Louisiana Supreme Court ruled that the suspect was, in fact, asking for a “lawyer dog,” and not invoking his constitutional right to counsel. It’s not clear how many lawyer dogs there are in Louisiana, and whether any would have been available to represent the human suspect in this case, other than to give the standard admonition in such circumstances to simply stop talking.

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Sat Nov 04, 9:02 pm

Old Fart wrote:
Cali Guy wrote:

You can make jokes all you want. I've provided the evidence. Now it's your turn to respond with a rebuttal instead of a flippant dismissal.

Or not.

It's not a joke or flippant, it's backed up by evidence according to you and explains your passion for driving around stoned.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Sat Nov 04, 11:11 pm

Okay have fun. I'm not regurgiting they same fucking information again.
The two of you can believe whatever you want.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Sun Nov 05, 12:09 am

Bohannon wrote:I could find nothing to support your allegation. Want to help out?

These are the penalties that go along with legalization in Canada.

Also, the Government is forcing out all the pioneers that fought for years for the cause and turning it over to themselves.

boneymaroni
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby boneymaroni » Sun Nov 05, 3:09 am

Just wondering....

If smoking reefer doesn't 'impair' .....why the fuck smoke it?

Psychological dependence and the perceived 'need to be cool' by 'dabbing'...aren't you 60 year old fuckwits over that yet? Do you still wear clothing decorated with cannabis leaves or '420'? Get.a.fucking.grip.

Do you really need to read the Denver Post to determine whether it's wrong to operate a motor vehicle while you are fucked up?

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Sun Nov 05, 3:29 pm

boneymaroni wrote:Just wondering....

Psychological dependence and the perceived 'need to be cool' by 'dabbing'...aren't you 60 year old fuckwits over that yet? Do you still wear clothing decorated with cannabis leaves or '420'? Get.a.fucking.grip.

Do you really need to read the Denver Post to determine whether it's wrong to operate a motor vehicle while you are fucked up?

And The Rolling Stones should be playing country music?

Shut up old southern gent.

slither
super power poster
super power poster

Postby slither » Sun Nov 05, 3:52 pm

LMAO.

Hilariously spot on.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Sun Nov 05, 10:29 pm

MileHighDenver wrote:

And The Rolling Stones should be playing country music?

Shut up old southern gent.

The Stones have done some good country music e.g. "Faraway Eyes"

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Mon Nov 06, 12:03 am

boneymaroni wrote:If smoking reefer doesn't 'impair' .....why the fuck smoke it?

Some experts contend that going 30mph and thinking you're going 80mph isn't 'impaired'.

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Mon Nov 06, 1:20 am

alpha wrote:
Old Fart wrote:You can read but you can't comprehend.

Ditto

Old Fart wrote:*We're not taking about fracking.

But your sole source for your point of view is and he's a shill for the petroleum industry, could you pick somebody else?

Old Fart wrote:*The Denver post provided data but no analysis. Our Colorado representative provided that.

The data the denver post is providing flies in the face of what your public figure is stating and since he's a shill for the petroleum industry that's hardly a recommendation on his credibility.

Where exactly? and a link would be helpful.

Old Fart wrote:*Your anecdotal evidence isn't relevant.

Perhaps not, but truthfully OF, could you swallow twenty full strength edibles over a one hour period and still drive to Grand Junction in say six hours? I know most sane people wouldn't try it, but we both know there are people out there that would and even a disconcerting few who'd continue with dabs the whole way to where ever they wreck, accidentally.

In my personal experience, stoners know when they’re to stoned to drive. In the past 20 + years I have been in one accident I did not cause and was not high. No tickets in that same time frame. Driving very stoned is not a good idea but not nearly as bad as driving very drunk. It seems blood level is irrelevant because of the time THC can be measured is long after the high wears off. If you can pass a standard roadside sobriety test, you should be good to go.

kiwi_in_Oz
super power poster
super power poster

Postby kiwi_in_Oz » Mon Nov 06, 6:04 am

Having a joint while driving most likely saved my life.

Decent sized trip 4.5 hours in length

Was travelling in my car with two other suvs and had been travelling alone nicely . Had probably passed a dozen other cars along the way.

Only had 30 mins to go and decided to have a quick puff.

One of the suvs passed a truck and I thought nah no hurry I’m nice and relaxed not far to go let’s not pass the truck .

Couple minutes later next suv tried to overtake truck and hit a truck on the other side of the road.

A number of people died.

Hammer
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Hammer » Mon Nov 06, 1:13 pm

kiwi_in_Oz wrote:Couple minutes later next suv tried to overtake truck and hit a truck on the other side of the road.

A number of people died.

Do you think the driver that hit the truck, killing a number of people, was also impaired, or bad judgement after hours of driving? I can smoke on and off for a 5 hour trip with no problem, but a long boring drive (stoned or sober) feels endless and can make me struggle to keep my eyes open. That is a bigger problem for me.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Mon Nov 06, 2:07 pm

I drove around wasted for over 30 years without incident! Since becoming a grandparent I've severely curtailed my drug intake as more often than not I've got one or more of the kids in the car with me!

If I was involved in a serious accident, I wouldn't be able to look their parents in the eye!

Peace, Des.

kiwi_in_Oz
super power poster
super power poster

Postby kiwi_in_Oz » Tue Nov 07, 12:32 am

Hammer wrote:
kiwi_in_Oz wrote:Couple minutes later next suv tried to overtake truck and hit a truck on the other side of the road.

A number of people died.

Do you think the driver that hit the truck, killing a number of people, was also impaired, or bad judgement after hours of driving? I can smoke on and off for a 5 hour trip with no problem, but a long boring drive (stoned or sober) feels endless and can make me struggle to keep my eyes open. That is a bigger problem for me.

I do think that driving for 4 plus hours takes its toll especially for those not used to driving . So yes more than likely.

Average at best roads as well played a part.

slither
super power poster
super power poster

Postby slither » Tue Nov 07, 4:08 am

kiwi_in_Oz wrote:Having a joint while driving most likely saved my life.

Decent sized trip 4.5 hours in length

Was travelling in my car with two other suvs and had been travelling alone nicely . Had probably passed a dozen other cars along the way.

Only had 30 mins to go and decided to have a quick puff.

One of the suvs passed a truck and I thought nah no hurry I’m nice and relaxed not far to go let’s not pass the truck .

Couple minutes later next suv tried to overtake truck and hit a truck on the other side of the road.

A number of people died.

I do not see the connection.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Mon Dec 11, 3:01 am

Chicago Woman Who Filmed Brutal Kidnapping And Torture Of Disabled Teen Sentenced To Community Service

Tyler Durden wrote:A 19 year old Chicago woman who live-streamed the racially charged kidnapping, torture and mutilation of a mentaly disabled teen was given 200 hours of community service and four years of probation on Friday.

Brittany Herring Covington - who went by "Herring" on Social Media before her arrest, and "Covington" in recent reports, avoided a possible 33 years in prison on multiple counts, including a hate crime, aggravated battery and aggravated kidnapping - a charge which was dropped along with several others as part of a plea agreement.

Not hard to wonder why Chicago's violence continues unabated.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Fri Dec 22, 8:58 pm

Trump’s ambassador to the Netherlands just got caught lying about the Dutch

A Dutch journalist just asked new U.S. Ambassador Pete Hoekstra why he said there are “no go” areas in the Netherlands, where radical Muslims are setting cars and politicians on fire.

Hoekstra denied it, and called the claim “fake news.”

The report cut to a video clip of Hoekstra at a 2015 conference hosted by the David Horowitz Freedom Center saying: “The Islamic movement has now gotten to a point where they have put Europe into chaos. Chaos in the Netherlands, there are cars being burned, there are politicians that are being burned.”

“And yes, there are no-go zones in the Netherlands,” he added in the clip.

Then things got extremely weird.

When the reporter pressed, Hoekstra denied using the term “fake news,” which he'd uttered moments before.

“I didn’t call that fake news,” he said. “I didn’t use the words today. I don’t think I did.”

Hoekstra was being interviewed by reporter Wouter Zwart for current affairs program Nieuwsuur. The interview is not playing well in the Netherlands. (One sample headline: “The new Trump Ambassador to the Netherlands, Pete Hoekstra, lies about his own lies.")

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Wed Dec 27, 7:11 pm

http://news.gallup.com/poll/224672/bara ... itles.aspx

Proof of america's pure ignorance pertaining to reality.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Tue Jan 23, 5:15 pm

More fake news? You decide.
http://yournewswire.com/fbi-leaks-explosive-memo/

However, it certainly would explain the recent icy relations between the US and Britain. It would also explain how much of a fool our former president really is.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Tue Jan 23, 5:43 pm

It's importance will depend on what side of the aisle you sit on. There's lots of damming things going on from both sides.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Tue Jan 23, 10:38 pm

perhaps, at some point it's necessary to throw some much shit out there nobodies sure what the truth is and JJQ gets burned out hearing about it? . it's happened before .

Cujo04
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cujo04 » Wed Jan 24, 12:29 am

For those keeping score, it appears so far there's more evidence of Trump's claim that Obama spied on him than the Democrats claim that he colluded with Putin.

This drama is scheduled to go on until fall anyway and possibly two years beyond depending on the results of the midterms

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Thu Jan 25, 12:07 am

For you British folks out there who wonder about all the guns in america. It's not all the people who have guns we need to worry about, not even the crazy ones, because they are far and few between and the odds of running afoul of their rampages are extremely remote. However, it's much harder to avoid those sworn to serve and protect us.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/tru ... a2d044a1bc

Park police watch over the nations capital's national mall and all the surrounding parks. The alleged murder occurred on the George Washington parkway, beween downtown Alexandria and Mt. Vernon, Washington's home.

nemesystem
super poster
super poster

Postby nemesystem » Thu Jan 25, 10:46 pm

Cops have killed 83 people in America so far in 2018.
How about in Holland? or UK?

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Fri Jan 26, 1:25 am

nemesystem wrote:Cops have killed 83 people in America so far in 2018.
How about in Holland? or UK?

There are 320 million people in the USA. Cops are definitely way to trigger happy here but that's really not a good comparison is it?

Return to “All Politics”