The continuing crisis

The place to discuss political issues.

User avatar
Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6746
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 7:43 pm
Location: Outside the Box

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby Rudy » Sun Apr 26, 9:50 pm

Sarcasm.

Bonafide.

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4259
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby alpha » Wed May 13, 11:23 pm

Has anyone heard about the impending us House resolution 6666? Called the TRACE act for Testing, Reach And Contacting Everyone. Could have far reaching issues such as folks lawfully entering our homes and testing us, with less than accurate results, but nonetheless removing any members of the family who test positive.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-con ... 6/all-info

Might be a good time to call our representatives?

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4259
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby alpha » Sat Jul 18, 1:29 am

Portland is sinking into the abyss, whilst everyone jaws over modern roots' fate.

Jake Johnson wrote:Oregon's Democratic governor and other state lawmakers are demanding that President Donald Trump immediately remove all federal law enforcement officials from the streets of Portland after alarming video footage posted online late Thursday showed unidentified officers dressed in combat fatigues arresting Black Lives Matter protesters without explanation and throwing them into unmarked vehicles.

"This political theater from President Trump has nothing to do with public safety," Oregon Gov. Kate Brown said in a statement. "The president is failing to lead this nation. Now he is deploying federal officers to patrol the streets of Portland in a blatant abuse of power by the federal government."


Jake Johnson wrote:Video footage and first-hand accounts of unidentified federal law enforcement officials snatching up Black Lives Matter protesters in Portland, Oregon and throwing them into unmarked vehicles drew nationwide attention and outrage Friday, with members of Congress, human rights groups, and journalists accusing the Trump administration of deploying "secret police" to crush dissent.

Federal law enforcement officials from the U.S. Marshals Service and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) have reportedly been patrolling downtown Portland in unmarked vehicles and detaining demonstrators without explanation since at least July 14 as protests sparked by the police killing of George Floyd continue on a nightly basis across the city.


Sergio Olmos and Mike Baker wrote:Federal agents dressed in camouflage and tactical gear have taken to the streets of Portland in unmarked vans, seizing and detaining protesters and unleashing tear gas in what Gov. Kate Brown of Oregon has called “a blatant abuse of power.”

Since their arrival with the goal of tamping down persistent unrest, federal officers have shot one protester in the head with an apparent impact munition, leaving the man with severe head injuries and producing the image of blood dripping on Portland’s streets.


Democrats are apparently outraged, but then it's an election year, isn't it?

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4259
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby alpha » Mon Aug 17, 3:38 am

Ryan Cooper, for The Week wrote:"Over the last week, just under 1 million people filed for ordinary unemployment benefits, plus another half-million under the special pandemic unemployment program for people who don't ordinarily qualify, a substantial decline from some of the numbers seen since the beginning of the pandemic. At this rate, by mid-September or so, new unemployment claims will be merely as bad as they were during the worst of the Great Recession."

..."indeed, millions of people were left out of even the initial CARES Act rescue, and millions more layoffs are likely to come in the next few months. The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities has collected data for the week ending July 21, before super-unemployment expired, and found that 12 percent of households were regularly short of food, 21 percent of renters were behind on their payments, and 28 percent of children were in households with one or the other problem. All that is certainly going to get much, much worse if another rescue isn't passed."

"Usually, governments get worried when their citizens are starving, especially when it would be easy to prevent. A severe food shortage is one thing, but when there is more than enough to go around, and the state could feed everyone simply and easily, most democratic countries choose do so. A starving people might rise up in fury and overthrow the government, as happened in France in 1789."

"Now, America has not seen much of this sort of unrest in the past, for a few reasons. One is our hegemonic individualist ideology, which indoctrinates the people into believing that any turn of bad luck is their fault. Another is our convoluted constitution, which isolates many politicians from democratic accountability. It is possible to win the Electoral College and the presidency while losing the popular vote 4 to 1; most House seats are gerrymandered to be completely uncompetitive; Senate seats are apportioned in a ridiculously anti-democratic fashion — and two-thirds of the Senate isn't even up for election in any given cycle anyway."


Ryan's opinion piece is entitled 'Are bread riots coming to america?' and for the displaced masses, through no fault of their own, that could become an unenviable truth.

User avatar
Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6746
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 7:43 pm
Location: Outside the Box

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby Rudy » Mon Aug 17, 2:14 pm

I prefer soup.

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4259
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby alpha » Tue Aug 18, 1:43 pm

Rudy wrote:I prefer soup.


Come to the east coast then, lad. Much of the summer our humidity's been hovering in the eighty and ninety percentiles, even without rain in the forecast. However, as a bonus you could travel to nyc, where the soup nazi resides and get the best of both worlds!?

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4259
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby alpha » Thu Aug 20, 3:27 am


User avatar
Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6746
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 7:43 pm
Location: Outside the Box

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby Rudy » Thu Aug 20, 4:39 pm

alpha wrote:https://atlasofsurveillance.org


I've heard that ANTIFA is hiding cameras in wasp nests.
We should knock them all down!

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4259
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby alpha » Mon Oct 05, 1:48 am

‘Expendable’ – Amnesty report explodes Tories’ ‘protective ring’ care home lie and confirms thousands of elderly knowingly sentenced to death

https://skwawkbox.org/2020/10/04/expend ... -to-death/

"* the huge number of deaths caused by COVID-19 in care homes – well over 18,000 at the very least, but in reality almost 30,000 based on ‘excess’ deaths attributable to likely undiagnosed cases

"* breach of residents’ human rights by the government’s behaviour

* the fact that the government knowingly put the people most at risk of the worst effects of the virus in the firing line...

* the fact that returning known-infected patients back to care homes on a huge scale was government policy (it still is, despite claims to have changed it)

* the government telling care homes not to use PPE (personal protective equipment) with asymptomatic infected patients

* blanket ‘do not resuscitate’ orders on elderly residents without regard for their or their family’s wishes

* protected the NHS’ by denying treatment to older and more vulnerable sufferers – condemning thousands to a hideous death – ‘protection’ that the Tories consistently boasted about..."

Our politicians were no different, which leaves some to ponder why they aren't assassinated more often? Ah, over here at least, new blood will be exactly the same as the old blood, so the only change will be a new face amongst the worthless shmucks.

User avatar
modern roots
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 2896
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 7:19 am
Location: U.S.A.

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby modern roots » Tue Oct 06, 1:42 am

Could someone define "crisis" as it used for this thread?

User avatar
Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6746
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 7:43 pm
Location: Outside the Box

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby Rudy » Tue Oct 06, 2:14 pm

Why do you ask?

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4259
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby alpha » Mon Dec 21, 6:03 am

No stimulus checks, but big tax giveaways for well-connected business owners.

Lee Fang for the Intercept wrote:A draft of coronavirus relief legislation, circulated by a bipartisan group of lawmakers, eschews direct payments to average Americans but contains an unusually generous handout to the very wealthy.
The draft legislation, the Bipartisan Emergency COVID Relief Act of 2020, was released this week as part of a package of two major bills to confront the ongoing crisis.
...
The bill provides that businesses claiming expenses reimbursed by PPP forgivable loans, which are already tax-free, can be further used as deductions when calculating taxable income. In other words, the change would allow a corporation that claimed $1 million in PPP reimbursements to apply that money as a deduction on its tax return, reducing taxable income by $1 million.

Critics of this idea, first circulated by a bipartisan set of legislators last summer, note that it provides an unprecedented tax advantage that overwhelmingly benefits investors and high-net-worth professionals. IRS rules have long prohibited tax-free government grants and reimbursements from being used as deductions


This sound like the 'america the beautiful' you learned about in school?

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4259
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby alpha » Sat Jan 30, 8:58 pm


User avatar
modern roots
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 2896
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 7:19 am
Location: U.S.A.

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby modern roots » Sat Jan 30, 9:04 pm

alpha wrote:https://twitter.com/philthatremains/status/1355361364001382404


I don't get it, alpha. You post a link with no comment.
What do you have to say?

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4259
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby alpha » Tue Feb 02, 6:58 am

modern roots wrote:
alpha wrote:https://twitter.com/philthatremains/status/1355361364001382404


I don't get it, alpha. You post a link with no comment.
What do you have to say?


No comment?

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15687
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby Dazzler » Tue Feb 02, 9:52 am

Image

User avatar
modern roots
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 2896
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 7:19 am
Location: U.S.A.

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby modern roots » Tue Feb 02, 3:43 pm

Dazzler wrote:Image


One of those is just as bad as the other.

That's why I voted Libertarian for President in the last two elections. America needs another form of government.

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4259
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby alpha » Fri Mar 26, 4:05 am

Full text: The Report on Human Rights Violations in the United States in 2020

"In 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic wreaked havoc around the world, posing a major threat to human security. The virus respects no borders, nor does the epidemic distinguish between races. To defeat the epidemic requires mutual help, solidarity and cooperation among all countries. However, the United States, which has always considered itself an exception and superior, saw its own epidemic situation go out of control, accompanied by political disorder, inter-ethnic conflicts, and social division. It further added to the human rights violations in the country, the so-called "city upon a hill" and "beacon of democracy.""

-- "The epidemic went out of control and turned into a human tragedy due to the government's reckless response. By the end of February 2021, the United States, home to less than 5 percent of the world's population, accounted for more than a quarter of the world's confirmed COVID-19 cases and nearly one-fifth of the global deaths from the disease. More than 500,000 Americans lost their lives due to the virus."

-- "Disorder in American democratic institutions led to political chaos, further tearing the fabric of society apart. Money-tainted politics distorted and suppressed public opinion, turning elections into a "one-man show" of the wealthy class and people's confidence in the American democratic system dropped to the lowest level in 20 years. Amid increasing political polarization, hate politics evolved into a national plague, and the Capitol was stormed in post-election riots."

-- "Ethnic minority groups suffered systematic racial discrimination and were in a difficult situation. People of color made up about one-third of all minors under the age of 18 in the United States but two-thirds of all of the country's imprisoned minors. African Americans are three times as likely as whites to be infected with the coronavirus, twice as likely to die from COVID-19, and three times as likely to be killed by the police. One in four young Asian Americans has been the target of racial bullying."

-- "Gun trade and shooting incidents hit a record high, and people's confidence in social order waned. Americans bought 23 million guns in 2020 against the background of an out-of-control epidemic, accompanied by racial justice protests and election-related conflicts, a surge of 64 percent compared with 2019. First-time gun buyers exceeded 8 million. More than 41,500 people were killed in shooting incidents across the United States in the year, an average of more than 110 a day, and there were 592 mass shootings nationwide, an average of more than 1.6 a day."

-- "George Floyd, an African American, died after being brutally kneeled on his neck by a white police officer, sparking a national outcry. Widespread protests for racial justice erupted in 50 states. The U.S. government suppressed demonstrators by force, and more than 10,000 people were arrested. A large number of journalists were attacked and arrested for no reason."

-- "The gap between the rich and the poor widened, with the people at the bottom of society living in misery. The epidemic led to mass unemployment. Tens of millions of people lost health insurance coverage. One in six Americans and one in four American children were at risk of hunger. Vulnerable groups became the biggest victims of the government's reckless response to the epidemic."

"The U.S. government, instead of introspecting on its own terrible human rights record, kept making irresponsible remarks on the human rights situation in other countries, exposing its double standards and hypocrisy on human rights. Standing at a new crossroads, mankind is faced with new, grave challenges. It is hoped that the U.S. side will show humility and compassion for the suffering of its own people, drop hypocrisy, bullying, "Big Stick" and double standards, and work with the international community to build a community with a shared future for humanity."

This is only the introduction to a very sobering read. When america charges other nations with human rights offenses many times they describe generalities based on fabrications and downright lies, however, when the Chinese reports on anything they dig very deep. america needs to clean up it's own act, before pointing fingers at others.

User avatar
MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5431
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 3:20 pm
Location: state of Bliss
Contact:

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby MileHighDenver » Fri Mar 26, 7:53 pm

alpha wrote:Full text: The Report on Human Rights Violations in the United States in 2020

"In 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic wreaked havoc around the world, posing a major threat to human security. The virus respects no borders, nor does the epidemic distinguish between races. To defeat the epidemic requires mutual help, solidarity and cooperation among all countries. However, the United States, which has always considered itself an exception and superior, saw its own epidemic situation go out of control, accompanied by political disorder, inter-ethnic conflicts, and social division. It further added to the human rights violations in the country, the so-called "city upon a hill" and "beacon of democracy.""

-- "The epidemic went out of control and turned into a human tragedy due to the government's reckless response. By the end of February 2021, the United States, home to less than 5 percent of the world's population, accounted for more than a quarter of the world's confirmed COVID-19 cases and nearly one-fifth of the global deaths from the disease. More than 500,000 Americans lost their lives due to the virus."

-- "Disorder in American democratic institutions led to political chaos, further tearing the fabric of society apart. Money-tainted politics distorted and suppressed public opinion, turning elections into a "one-man show" of the wealthy class and people's confidence in the American democratic system dropped to the lowest level in 20 years. Amid increasing political polarization, hate politics evolved into a national plague, and the Capitol was stormed in post-election riots."

-- "Ethnic minority groups suffered systematic racial discrimination and were in a difficult situation. People of color made up about one-third of all minors under the age of 18 in the United States but two-thirds of all of the country's imprisoned minors. African Americans are three times as likely as whites to be infected with the coronavirus, twice as likely to die from COVID-19, and three times as likely to be killed by the police. One in four young Asian Americans has been the target of racial bullying."

-- "Gun trade and shooting incidents hit a record high, and people's confidence in social order waned. Americans bought 23 million guns in 2020 against the background of an out-of-control epidemic, accompanied by racial justice protests and election-related conflicts, a surge of 64 percent compared with 2019. First-time gun buyers exceeded 8 million. More than 41,500 people were killed in shooting incidents across the United States in the year, an average of more than 110 a day, and there were 592 mass shootings nationwide, an average of more than 1.6 a day."

-- "George Floyd, an African American, died after being brutally kneeled on his neck by a white police officer, sparking a national outcry. Widespread protests for racial justice erupted in 50 states. The U.S. government suppressed demonstrators by force, and more than 10,000 people were arrested. A large number of journalists were attacked and arrested for no reason."

-- "The gap between the rich and the poor widened, with the people at the bottom of society living in misery. The epidemic led to mass unemployment. Tens of millions of people lost health insurance coverage. One in six Americans and one in four American children were at risk of hunger. Vulnerable groups became the biggest victims of the government's reckless response to the epidemic."

"The U.S. government, instead of introspecting on its own terrible human rights record, kept making irresponsible remarks on the human rights situation in other countries, exposing its double standards and hypocrisy on human rights. Standing at a new crossroads, mankind is faced with new, grave challenges. It is hoped that the U.S. side will show humility and compassion for the suffering of its own people, drop hypocrisy, bullying, "Big Stick" and double standards, and work with the international community to build a community with a shared future for humanity."

This is only the introduction to a very sobering read. When america charges other nations with human rights offenses many times they describe generalities based on fabrications and downright lies, however, when the Chinese reports on anything they dig very deep. america needs to clean up it's own act, before pointing fingers at others.


我想你错过了重点。

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4259
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby alpha » Sat Mar 27, 6:46 am

MileHighDenver wrote:
alpha wrote:Full text: The Report on Human Rights Violations in the United States in 2020

"In 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic wreaked havoc around the world, posing a major threat to human security. The virus respects no borders, nor does the epidemic distinguish between races. To defeat the epidemic requires mutual help, solidarity and cooperation among all countries. However, the United States, which has always considered itself an exception and superior, saw its own epidemic situation go out of control, accompanied by political disorder, inter-ethnic conflicts, and social division. It further added to the human rights violations in the country, the so-called "city upon a hill" and "beacon of democracy.""

-- "The epidemic went out of control and turned into a human tragedy due to the government's reckless response. By the end of February 2021, the United States, home to less than 5 percent of the world's population, accounted for more than a quarter of the world's confirmed COVID-19 cases and nearly one-fifth of the global deaths from the disease. More than 500,000 Americans lost their lives due to the virus."

-- "Disorder in American democratic institutions led to political chaos, further tearing the fabric of society apart. Money-tainted politics distorted and suppressed public opinion, turning elections into a "one-man show" of the wealthy class and people's confidence in the American democratic system dropped to the lowest level in 20 years. Amid increasing political polarization, hate politics evolved into a national plague, and the Capitol was stormed in post-election riots."

-- "Ethnic minority groups suffered systematic racial discrimination and were in a difficult situation. People of color made up about one-third of all minors under the age of 18 in the United States but two-thirds of all of the country's imprisoned minors. African Americans are three times as likely as whites to be infected with the coronavirus, twice as likely to die from COVID-19, and three times as likely to be killed by the police. One in four young Asian Americans has been the target of racial bullying."

-- "Gun trade and shooting incidents hit a record high, and people's confidence in social order waned. Americans bought 23 million guns in 2020 against the background of an out-of-control epidemic, accompanied by racial justice protests and election-related conflicts, a surge of 64 percent compared with 2019. First-time gun buyers exceeded 8 million. More than 41,500 people were killed in shooting incidents across the United States in the year, an average of more than 110 a day, and there were 592 mass shootings nationwide, an average of more than 1.6 a day."

-- "George Floyd, an African American, died after being brutally kneeled on his neck by a white police officer, sparking a national outcry. Widespread protests for racial justice erupted in 50 states. The U.S. government suppressed demonstrators by force, and more than 10,000 people were arrested. A large number of journalists were attacked and arrested for no reason."

-- "The gap between the rich and the poor widened, with the people at the bottom of society living in misery. The epidemic led to mass unemployment. Tens of millions of people lost health insurance coverage. One in six Americans and one in four American children were at risk of hunger. Vulnerable groups became the biggest victims of the government's reckless response to the epidemic."

"The U.S. government, instead of introspecting on its own terrible human rights record, kept making irresponsible remarks on the human rights situation in other countries, exposing its double standards and hypocrisy on human rights. Standing at a new crossroads, mankind is faced with new, grave challenges. It is hoped that the U.S. side will show humility and compassion for the suffering of its own people, drop hypocrisy, bullying, "Big Stick" and double standards, and work with the international community to build a community with a shared future for humanity."

This is only the introduction to a very sobering read. When america charges other nations with human rights offenses many times they describe generalities based on fabrications and downright lies, however, when the Chinese reports on anything they dig very deep. america needs to clean up it's own act, before pointing fingers at others.


我想你错过了重点。


我相信你錯了。 中國的歷史是事實,而西方則隨著歷史的發展而不斷完善。

User avatar
Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6746
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 7:43 pm
Location: Outside the Box

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby Rudy » Sun Mar 28, 5:55 pm

对同胞的信心是你缺乏的。 信任是文明和生存的关键

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4259
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby alpha » Mon Mar 29, 6:06 am

Rudy wrote:对同胞的信心是你缺乏的。 信任是文明和生存的关键


Your''s reads like a fortune cookie, Rudy, well done.

美國政府欺騙並在其公民身上使用洗腦技術,因此,絕大多數美國人仍然相信,一個實體比我們八年前打敗的納粹黨派更容易說謊。 對此有何信任?

中國政治等於強姦,美國政治等於胡說八道,完全是胡說八道。 世界上大多數國家都希望擁有多重外交,但美國祇希望擁有單極世界,事實證明這對其他所有人來說都是一場災難。

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4259
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby alpha » Mon Mar 29, 6:56 am

https://journal-neo.org/2015/10/09/oh-o ... -thy-peak/

This report of Russian discoveries discerning where big oil really comes from, from sixty years ago, puts a new spin on america's penchant for fracking.

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15687
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: The continuing crisis

Postby Dazzler » Sun Apr 04, 2:33 pm

Tired, are your splendid soldiers.


Return to “All Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests