Hillary Clinton: What Happened?

The place to discuss political issues.

slither
super poster
super poster
Posts: 949
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

Hillary Clinton: What Happened?

Postby slither » Sat Sep 23, 7:40 pm

You fucking blew it, that's what happened.

The coronation that was to be never came to pass, and now your unaccountability, megalomania and narcissism keep you afloat on the great metaphorical river.

If you had selected Bernie as your VP, you would be in the White House today, where your policy differences could have formed the basis of a meaningful dialogue in service of the broader and greater political interest. Instead, in your narrow, self-deluded continued quest to become the first female president, with your tone-deaf inability to connect with the broader electorate - not to mention your failure to campaign in those few key states - you yourself paved the way for President Shit-for-brains.

Please just STFU and go away.

'Have you no sense of decency, Madam? At long last, have you left no sense of decency?"

Cujo04
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5484
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 5:14 pm

Re: Hillary Clinton: What Happened?

Postby Cujo04 » Sat Sep 23, 8:15 pm

Took her 500 pages to cover all those she felt responsible for her loss yet her name is only on the cover

nemesystem
super poster
super poster
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 9:50 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

Re: Hillary Clinton: What Happened?

Postby nemesystem » Sat Sep 23, 10:27 pm

I really could give 2 shits as to why she thinks she lost.

Clinton being her last name is enough for me. Fuck all of the bs of her being corrupt. THEY ALL ARE

but for some of you (looking at you NY NY & Des lol ) as long as your side is the winner you don't care.

User avatar
Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6832
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 8:36 pm
Location: @ 7,230 Feet

Re: Hillary Clinton: What Happened?

Postby Old Fart » Sun Sep 24, 12:05 am

It's the first book to have the question and the answer on the cover.

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15306
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Hillary Clinton: What Happened?

Postby Dazzler » Sun Sep 24, 6:01 am

However, people do tend to forget that she quite comfortably won by actual vote share and it was the electoral college that fucked her, and Trump's voters were on average better-off than Clinton's.

How often does that happen in US politics?

Edit: found it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... ote_margin

It seems that it's very common (19/45 elections). I'd say that was a problem.

Hammer
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 2458
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2:28 pm

Re: Hillary Clinton: What Happened?

Postby Hammer » Sun Sep 24, 12:33 pm

I believe this is what you meant to show. Only 5 Presidential election winners have had fewer votes than the loser. Had Hillary won the electors and their votes, she would have been on Dazzler's list too. She also had less than a majority of total votes. She received 48.5 percent of "actual vote share." A minority. But all candidates campaign for electoral support, as that determines the winner. Hillary merely proved this with her foolish loss. The US is fucked in any case, and has been for quite some time. Garbage in....
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_ ... pular_vote

User avatar
Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6832
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 8:36 pm
Location: @ 7,230 Feet

Re: Hillary Clinton: What Happened?

Postby Old Fart » Sun Sep 24, 6:10 pm

There's nothing wrong with the electoral college, it prevents New York and California from choosing the president every election cycle.

Hillary lost because she's Hillary.

User avatar
NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15625
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 5:53 pm

Re: Hillary Clinton: What Happened?

Postby NewYork, New York » Sun Sep 24, 8:03 pm

nemesystem wrote:I really could give 2 shits as to why she thinks she lost.

Clinton being her last name is enough for me. Fuck all of the bs of her being corrupt. THEY ALL ARE

but for some of you (looking at you NY NY & Des lol ) as long as your side is the winner you don't care.


WTF are you talking about?

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15306
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Hillary Clinton: What Happened?

Postby Dazzler » Tue Sep 26, 4:49 pm

Old Fart wrote:There's nothing wrong with the electoral college, it prevents New York and California from choosing the president every election cycle.

Hillary lost because she's Hillary.


Why can't it be done by a majority of the popular vote?

It seems to me that Hillary was substantially more popular than Trump. I mean, the numbers bear it out, right?

User avatar
Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5956
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 6:10 pm
Location: Tír na nÓg
Contact:

Re: Hillary Clinton: What Happened?

Postby Generous_J » Tue Sep 26, 5:13 pm

English system probably needs to be looked at too, mind you. First past the post?

Nevermind offering a life changing referendum to the people without even a referendum commission to disseminate information. I dont think there was even a website.

User avatar
Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6832
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 8:36 pm
Location: @ 7,230 Feet

Re: Hillary Clinton: What Happened?

Postby Old Fart » Tue Sep 26, 7:35 pm

Dazzler wrote:
Old Fart wrote:There's nothing wrong with the electoral college, it prevents New York and California from choosing the president every election cycle.

Hillary lost because she's Hillary.


Why can't it be done by a majority of the popular vote?

It seems to me that Hillary was substantially more popular than Trump. I mean, the numbers bear it out, right?


Because the coasts are more heavily populated and don't represent the rest of America. As I already stated. It's a fair system. She won the popular vote by three million, not relevant. There is no mention of a popular vote in the Constitution and that will never change.

Cujo04
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5484
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 5:14 pm

Re: Hillary Clinton: What Happened?

Postby Cujo04 » Tue Sep 26, 7:47 pm

The signifucance of a 3 million vote difference in the combined 129 million cast for the two candidates is in the eye of the beholder. It was also likely skewed by a lopsided win in Cali

User avatar
Cali Guy
super poster
super poster
Posts: 805
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 9:12 am
Location: Super Power Poster

Re: Hillary Clinton: What Happened?

Postby Cali Guy » Tue Sep 26, 8:31 pm

Dazzler wrote:It seems to me that Hillary was substantially more popular than Trump. I mean, the numbers bear it out, right?




If you go out with ₤1 in coin and lose 2p, is that a substantial loss?

slither
super poster
super poster
Posts: 949
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

Re: Hillary Clinton: What Happened?

Postby slither » Wed Sep 27, 9:39 pm

Hillary lost by a combined total of 80,000 votes in three states: Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.
She has roots in Pennsylvania and never campaigned in Wisconsin. She could have won every vote cast in each state she carried, and it would not have made any difference.

She was unpopular in 2008. Even moreso in 2016.

Fuck the 'twelve steps' book tour.

Cry. Me. A. Fucking. River.

Cujo04
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5484
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 5:14 pm

Re: Hillary Clinton: What Happened?

Postby Cujo04 » Wed Sep 27, 9:56 pm

Don't go away mad....just go away

slither
super poster
super poster
Posts: 949
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

Re: Hillary Clinton: What Happened?

Postby slither » Wed Sep 27, 10:16 pm

She will, eventually.
Will you?

Cujo04
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5484
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 5:14 pm

Re: Hillary Clinton: What Happened?

Postby Cujo04 » Wed Sep 27, 10:23 pm

In due time

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15306
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Hillary Clinton: What Happened?

Postby Dazzler » Thu Sep 28, 6:20 am

Cali Guy wrote:
Dazzler wrote:It seems to me that Hillary was substantially more popular than Trump. I mean, the numbers bear it out, right?




If you go out with ₤1 in coin and lose 2p, is that a substantial loss?


If you blunder into a thread with a poorly-chosen metaphor, does that mean you’re an idiot?

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15306
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Hillary Clinton: What Happened?

Postby Dazzler » Thu Sep 28, 6:25 am

Old Fart wrote:
Dazzler wrote:
Old Fart wrote:There's nothing wrong with the electoral college, it prevents New York and California from choosing the president every election cycle.

Hillary lost because she's Hillary.


Why can't it be done by a majority of the popular vote?

It seems to me that Hillary was substantially more popular than Trump. I mean, the numbers bear it out, right?


Because the coasts are more heavily populated and don't represent the rest of America. As I already stated. It's a fair system. She won the popular vote by three million, not relevant. There is no mention of a popular vote in the Constitution and that will never change.



But I’m not talking about the constitution, except to point out that the electoral procedures it sets out aren’t very good at expressing the majority opinion of the electorate.

What I’m saying is, Hillary was demonstrably more popular than Trump. I can’t see how else a three million vote lead can be interpreted. Three million more people thought Hillary would make a better president than Trump.

Regardless of reservations about the electoral college’s suitability (and I note that everyone here is well-trained to deflect that criticism) it can’t really be argued that Trump is more popular than Hillary, or ever has been.

User avatar
Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6832
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 8:36 pm
Location: @ 7,230 Feet

Re: Hillary Clinton: What Happened?

Postby Old Fart » Thu Sep 28, 1:05 pm

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/ ... inton-blo/

I don't think you understand just how hated she is. Even today as bad as Trump is, he's more popular than Hillary. There are many sourses available if you don't like this one. Wouldn't you have to be wildly unpopular to be beaten by such an asshole?

3 million votes is statistically irrelevant.

Tell me exactly how a popular vote would better represent all Americans when California and New York would be choosing the president every election cycle. I'm not deflecting, I'm fully supportive of the EC.

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15306
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Hillary Clinton: What Happened?

Postby Dazzler » Thu Sep 28, 1:35 pm

Old Fart wrote:http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jul/18/donald-trump-more-popular-than-hillary-clinton-blo/

I don't think you understand just how hated she is. Even today as bad as Trump is, he's more popular than Hillary. There are many sourses available if you don't like this one. Wouldn't you have to be wildly unpopular to be beaten by such an asshole?

3 million votes is statistically irrelevant.


You'll have a hard job convincing me that a Bloomberg poll is a more accurate representation of the political opinions of voters than an actual election. How can a thing that predicts something be more accurate than the thing it predicts?

Tell me exactly how a popular vote would better represent all Americans when California and New York would be choosing the president every election cycle. I'm not deflecting, I'm fully supportive of the EC.


How is it fairer to disenfranchise people because they live in a city?

User avatar
Cali Guy
super poster
super poster
Posts: 805
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 9:12 am
Location: Super Power Poster

Re: Hillary Clinton: What Happened?

Postby Cali Guy » Thu Sep 28, 5:20 pm

Dazzler wrote:How is it fairer to disenfranchise people because they live in a city?




Fortunately for city dwellers the EC isn't based on whether you live in a city or not.

User avatar
des
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 11195
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 12:36 am
Location: The Red Rose County

Re: Hillary Clinton: What Happened?

Postby des » Thu Sep 28, 5:38 pm

Our system isn't much better! ... In theory, you could have 49.99% of the vote and have fuck all MPs!

Peace, Des.

Cujo04
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5484
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 5:14 pm

Re: Hillary Clinton: What Happened?

Postby Cujo04 » Thu Sep 28, 5:42 pm

I kind of understand Hillary's difficulty in grappling this. She had the benefit of a $$billion campaign warchest, an AG who might have obstructed justice to keep her campaign whole and a media who circled the wagons around her and yet she still lost to the worst candidate in US political history and now the $$millions that were being funneled through her laundering foundation by Wall St and shady foreign entities has likely dried up as well.

User avatar
Cali Guy
super poster
super poster
Posts: 805
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 9:12 am
Location: Super Power Poster

Re: Hillary Clinton: What Happened?

Postby Cali Guy » Thu Sep 28, 6:42 pm

Plus she is saddled with a house she brought next to her Chappaqua estate to house White House staff on her presidential vacations.

Cujo04
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5484
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 5:14 pm

Re: Hillary Clinton: What Happened?

Postby Cujo04 » Thu Sep 28, 7:03 pm

Cali Guy wrote:Plus she is saddled with a house she brought next to her Chappaqua estate to house White House staff on her presidential vacations.



That's probably where Bubba stays..

User avatar
Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6832
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 8:36 pm
Location: @ 7,230 Feet

Re: Hillary Clinton: What Happened?

Postby Old Fart » Thu Sep 28, 7:29 pm

Dazzler wrote:
Old Fart wrote:http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jul/18/donald-trump-more-popular-than-hillary-clinton-blo/

I don't think you understand just how hated she is. Even today as bad as Trump is, he's more popular than Hillary. There are many sourses available if you don't like this one. Wouldn't you have to be wildly unpopular to be beaten by such an asshole?

3 million votes is statistically irrelevant.



You'll have a hard job convincing me that a Bloomberg poll is a more accurate representation of the political opinions of voters than an actual election. How can a thing that predicts something be more accurate than the thing it predicts?

Tell me exactly how a popular vote would better represent all Americans when California and New York would be choosing the president every election cycle. I'm not deflecting, I'm fully supportive of the EC.


How is it fairer to disenfranchise people because they live in a city?


I used Bloomberg because it was the first to pop up in a Google search, there are plenty of others. If you lived here you'd understand.

Again...Wouldn't you have to be wildly unpopular to be beaten by such an asshole?

slither
super poster
super poster
Posts: 949
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

Re: Hillary Clinton: What Happened?

Postby slither » Fri Sep 29, 1:11 pm

Dazzler wrote: But I’m not talking about the constitution, except to point out that the electoral procedures it sets out aren’t very good at expressing the majority opinion of the electorate.


Where, exactly, in the US Constitution do you find this? Are you talking about Article 2 - or the 12th Amendment?
The 'electoral procedures,' as you refer to them, are not designed to express the majority opinion of the electorate with regard to presidential elections. Our system is designed precisely to avoid such nonsense. The brilliance of this holds true even today.

OF quite correctly and succinctly explained this to you.



You're being intellectually dishonest, dazz.


Return to “All Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest