Ladies and Gentlemen We Have a Dictator

The place to discuss political issues.

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1007
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

Ladies and Gentlemen We Have a Dictator

Postby slither » Sat Aug 26, 2:20 pm

No rule of law, military and nationalistic fetishism, direct attacks on the media and political opponents, racism and xenophobia - the only thing missing are the "disappeared."
I believe our institutions of government can withstand this, mind you, but just how much worse can it get?

Could it be that Mueller will break it, finally?

My prediction was that by midsummer we would have mass civil unrest.

At this point we all but have an American Pinochet.

Contemptible. Disgraceful. Repugnant.

A smirking, orange imbecile on the world stage.

User avatar
Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6017
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 6:10 pm
Location: Tír na nÓg
Contact:

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen We Have a Dictator

Postby Generous_J » Sat Aug 26, 2:27 pm

slither wrote:At this point we all but have an American Pinochet.


Steady on, you have a ways to go yet. That said Pinochet was installed by the Americans.

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1007
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen We Have a Dictator

Postby slither » Sat Aug 26, 3:44 pm

Generous_J wrote:
slither wrote:At this point we all but have an American Pinochet.


Steady on, you have a ways to go yet. That said Pinochet was installed by the Americans.


British modisms aside, there are definite parallels.
Some of us are old enough to remember - and to have lived it.

Pardon my minor hyperbole intended for rhetorical effect.

User avatar
Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6017
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 6:10 pm
Location: Tír na nÓg
Contact:

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen We Have a Dictator

Postby Generous_J » Sat Aug 26, 4:38 pm

What is a British modism?

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 3672
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen We Have a Dictator

Postby alpha » Sat Aug 26, 8:46 pm

Generous_J wrote:What is a British modism?


"Mod is a sub culture that began in London in 1958, that spread throughout Great Britain. Eventually influencing fashion, music and trends in other countries and continues today on a smaller scale" Think Twiggy, rock n roll and before that modern jazz.

Remember the 'Mod' Squad on tv?

User avatar
Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6017
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 6:10 pm
Location: Tír na nÓg
Contact:

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen We Have a Dictator

Postby Generous_J » Sat Aug 26, 10:43 pm

I know what Mods where.... What have they got to do with it?

User avatar
a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5751
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 12:32 am
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen We Have a Dictator

Postby a bollocks » Sun Aug 27, 2:34 am

Generous_J wrote:I know what Mods where.... What have they got to do with it?


You were a fucking Rocker.

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 3672
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen We Have a Dictator

Postby alpha » Sun Aug 27, 2:36 am

Generous_J wrote:What have they got to do with it?


No clue, thou i thought your factual zinger was pertinent.

User avatar
smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5728
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 10:45 pm
Location: 3rd. rock
Contact:

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen We Have a Dictator

Postby smokedpeppers » Sun Aug 27, 3:40 am

1964 . mods and rockers
http://www.messynessychic.com/2015/02/0 ... airs-1964/
lol, J's a rocker? .....
story is, the film quadrophenia is based on the above event .

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1007
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen We Have a Dictator

Postby slither » Sun Aug 27, 4:16 am

alpha wrote:
Generous_J wrote:What have they got to do with it?


No clue, thou i thought your factual zinger was pertinent.



You are both ignorant and confused.

'Mods.'

Fucking plebs.

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 3672
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen We Have a Dictator

Postby alpha » Sun Aug 27, 9:01 am

slither wrote:
alpha wrote:
Generous_J wrote:What have they got to do with it?


No clue, thou i thought your factual zinger was pertinent.



You are both ignorant and confused.


Better than insane, which you'd have to be to compare Trump to Pinochet. Their only similarity is they were both installed by america.

slither wrote:No rule of law, military and nationalistic fetishism, direct attacks on the media and political opponents, racism and xenophobia -...


Nearly all of our previous twelve presidents have held those very same views, to differing degrees, once elected and you're just beginning to take notice? That a start.

User avatar
Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6017
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 6:10 pm
Location: Tír na nÓg
Contact:

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen We Have a Dictator

Postby Generous_J » Sun Aug 27, 11:49 am

slither wrote:
alpha wrote:
Generous_J wrote:What have they got to do with it?


No clue, thou i thought your factual zinger was pertinent.



You are both ignorant and confused.

'Mods.'

Fucking plebs.


There's no doubt I'm confused. What the hell were you on about? Absolute gibberish.

Cujo04
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5491
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 5:14 pm

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen We Have a Dictator

Postby Cujo04 » Sun Aug 27, 1:49 pm

[quote="slither ".............My prediction was that by midsummer we would have mass civil unrest...." [/quote]

Summer's gone but hey...maybe in time for the holidays!

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15308
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen We Have a Dictator

Postby Dazzler » Sun Aug 27, 2:16 pm

Anyone fancy a go at defending the pardoning of this shitheel? Norks? Buyer's remorse kicking in yet?

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1007
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen We Have a Dictator

Postby slither » Sun Aug 27, 2:41 pm

alpha wrote:
slither wrote:
alpha wrote:
Generous_J wrote:What have they got to do with it?


No clue, thou i thought your factual zinger was pertinent.



You are both ignorant and confused.


Better than insane, which you'd have to be to compare Trump to Pinochet. Their only similarity is they were both installed by america.

slither wrote:No rule of law, military and nationalistic fetishism, direct attacks on the media and political opponents, racism and xenophobia -...


Nearly all of our previous twelve presidents have held those very same views, to differing degrees, once elected and you're just beginning to take notice? That a start.


Please.
Cheap projection is all you have.

It seems you and J missed the point - and suffer from premature ejaculation of the intellect.

But no matter. Your jejune banter is completely in keeping with your presence on this site.

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1007
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen We Have a Dictator

Postby slither » Sun Aug 27, 2:45 pm

Cujo04 wrote:[quote="slither ".............My prediction was that by midsummer we would have mass civil unrest...."


Summer's gone but hey...maybe in time for the holidays![/quote]


Are you fucking kidding?
Look at a calendar.

And we have. In abundance. Not civil war, but certainly civil unrest.

Put down the pipe and take a look outside the basement.

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1007
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen We Have a Dictator

Postby slither » Sun Aug 27, 2:47 pm

Dazzler wrote:Anyone fancy a go at defending the pardoning of this shitheel? Norks? Buyer's remorse kicking in yet?



Giggling Nancy-boys don't do critical thinking, Dazz.

User avatar
NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15625
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 5:53 pm

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen We Have a Dictator

Postby NewYork, New York » Sun Aug 27, 2:57 pm

Newsflash to all of you wankers.

Trump is no Dictator. If you believe he is, you have never experienced life under a dictatorship.

Too bad we can't hear from people who actually know what it is like to live such a life.
I am quite sure, most of you are much freer and happier under a poor president such as Trump vs a real dictator.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 3500
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 11:55 pm
Location: Snowbelt

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen We Have a Dictator

Postby Cat » Sun Aug 27, 3:14 pm

We're in the beginning of an American apartheid.

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1007
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen We Have a Dictator

Postby slither » Sun Aug 27, 3:15 pm

NewYork, New York wrote:Newsflash to all of you wankers.

Trump is no Dictator. If you believe he is, you have never experienced life under a dictatorship.

Too bad we can't hear from people who actually know what it is like to live such a life.
I am quite sure, most of you are much freer and happier under a poor president such as Trump vs a real dictator.



Literalistic snowflakes.
See my earlier reply to the initial gibe from J.

Sorry, but not all of us have time for twenty rounds.

Play on.

Cujo04
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5491
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 5:14 pm

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen We Have a Dictator

Postby Cujo04 » Sun Aug 27, 3:25 pm

slither wrote:
Cujo04 wrote:[quote="slither ".............My prediction was that by midsummer we would have mass civil unrest...."


Summer's gone but hey...maybe in time for the holidays!



Are you fucking kidding?
Look at a calendar.

And we have. In abundance. Not civil war, but certainly civil unrest.

Put down the pipe and take a look outside the basement.[/quote]


My Calendar says it's September and Labor Day over the next week. I have seen sporadic incidents that appear more widespread because the media talks about each protest 24/7 until they can find a new protest to talk about

User avatar
Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6017
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 6:10 pm
Location: Tír na nÓg
Contact:

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen We Have a Dictator

Postby Generous_J » Sun Aug 27, 5:19 pm

slither wrote:
alpha wrote:
slither wrote:
alpha wrote:
Generous_J wrote:What have they got to do with it?


No clue, thou i thought your factual zinger was pertinent.



You are both ignorant and confused.


Better than insane, which you'd have to be to compare Trump to Pinochet. Their only similarity is they were both installed by america.

slither wrote:No rule of law, military and nationalistic fetishism, direct attacks on the media and political opponents, racism and xenophobia -...


Nearly all of our previous twelve presidents have held those very same views, to differing degrees, once elected and you're just beginning to take notice? That a start.


Please.
Cheap projection is all you have.

It seems you and J missed the point - and suffer from premature ejaculation of the intellect.

But no matter. Your jejune banter is completely in keeping with your presence on this site.


Are you just picking out words from the dictionary and trying to fit them in sentences? It's pretty embarrassing.

Cujo04
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5491
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 5:14 pm

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen We Have a Dictator

Postby Cujo04 » Mon Aug 28, 12:42 am

slither wrote:
Dazzler wrote:Anyone fancy a go at defending the pardoning of this shitheel? Norks? Buyer's remorse kicking in yet?



Giggling Nancy-boys don't do critical thinking, Dazz.



You should try critical thinking sometime. Your mind might find it liberating.

User avatar
Cali Guy
super poster
super poster
Posts: 842
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 9:12 am
Location: Super Power Poster

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen We Have a Dictator

Postby Cali Guy » Mon Aug 28, 10:11 pm

Dazzler wrote:Anyone fancy a go at defending the pardoning of this shitheel? Norks? Buyer's remorse kicking in yet?



Not a defense, the progressive view is he was given sanctuary.

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 3672
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen We Have a Dictator

Postby alpha » Tue Aug 29, 1:25 am

slither wrote:
alpha wrote:
Generous_J wrote:What have they got to do with it?


No clue, thou i thought your factual zinger was pertinent.



You are both ignorant and confused.


Rather proving you, not Pinochet, is far more alike with Trump...

Both fancy themselves snakes in the grass. Trump produces ridiculous tweets on twitter and slither produces ridiculous threads on channels. Both think their opinion is the only opinion worth grasping and they both try to insult and disparage people who disagree with them and i'm sure this list is barely scratching y'all's skins.

slither
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1007
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 4:09 am
Location: Trace my IP and see

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen We Have a Dictator

Postby slither » Sat Sep 02, 2:43 pm

alpha wrote:
slither wrote:
alpha wrote:
Generous_J wrote:What have they got to do with it?


No clue, thou i thought your factual zinger was pertinent.



You are both ignorant and confused.


Rather proving you, not Pinochet, is far more alike with Trump...

Both fancy themselves snakes in the grass. Trump produces ridiculous tweets on twitter and slither produces ridiculous threads on channels. Both think their opinion is the only opinion worth grasping and they both try to insult and disparage people who disagree with them and i'm sure this list is barely scratching y'all's skins.


Yes. It's all about me.
I made a post. You came for me. And I deflected.
Reactionary hubris carries the day with you, J and the St Bernard...?
1. No apologies for being more articulate.
2. Summer ends in late September.
3. All of your accusations and allegations re this thread, or other threads, my vocabulary or your collective inability to grasp context are of no concern to me.
Reactionary hubris as a polemic device has revealed you.
Cheers,

Your Daddy

User avatar
Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6008
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 7:43 pm
Location: Outside the Box

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen We Have a Dictator

Postby Rudy » Sat Sep 02, 4:16 pm

*sniff*

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 3672
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen We Have a Dictator

Postby alpha » Sat Sep 02, 4:44 pm

slither wrote:Yes. It's all about me.
I made a post. You came for me. And I deflected.


ROTFLMAO!!! Could you have mimicked The donald any more had you tried?

User avatar
Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6017
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 6:10 pm
Location: Tír na nÓg
Contact:

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen We Have a Dictator

Postby Generous_J » Sat Sep 02, 5:03 pm

slither wrote:No apologies for being more articulate.


lol. Your English is terrible. You are unnecessarily verbose. You are a bad chef cooking up a manky word soup. That is not 'being more articulate'.

    Articulate: having or showing the ability to speak fluently and coherently.

User avatar
a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5751
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 12:32 am
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen We Have a Dictator

Postby a bollocks » Sat Sep 02, 7:02 pm

Generous_J wrote:
slither wrote:No apologies for being more articulate.


lol. Your English is terrible. You are unnecessarily verbose. You are a bad chef cooking up a manky word soup. That is not 'being more articulate'.

    Articulate: having or showing the ability to speak fluently and coherently.


Manky Scots git.

I'm warnin' yew!


Return to “All Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest