Charlottesville

The place to discuss political issues.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: Charlottesville

Postby Dazzler » Wed Aug 30, 12:09 pm

Old Fart wrote:Image

That doesn't mean that you can't oppose what they're saying. I think people are losing sight of this.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Wed Aug 30, 4:21 pm

Agreed 100%.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Wed Aug 30, 5:00 pm

Dazzler wrote:

That doesn't mean that you can't oppose what they're saying. I think people are losing sight of this.

Wearing masks and carrying baseball bats?

Peace, Des.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Wed Aug 30, 5:37 pm

Dazzler wrote:

I think the only people losing sight of this are the ones who've donned their masks too quickly covering their eyes.

Anyone should be able to protest a group to whom they disagee, but it should be completely peaceful in intent, which will speak volumes against a violent adversary. However to bring violence to a protest only causes your point to be lost in the mayhem.

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Wed Aug 30, 5:39 pm

des wrote:
Dazzler wrote:

Wearing masks and carrying baseball bats?

Peace, Des.

As nemesystem explained...they mask up to avoid losing their corporate jobs.

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Wed Aug 30, 6:30 pm

Dazzler wrote:

Those of us who saw Antifa for what they really are from the very beginning, NEVER lost sight of opposing
Nazi's and white supremacists, in all their ugliness. What has been insisted upon from the start is NO VIOLENCE!

Chanting marching, even shouting if you like, but no baseball bats, no weapons and no violence is allowed.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Wed Aug 30, 7:11 pm

NewYork, New York wrote:
Those of us who saw Antifa for what they really are from the very beginning, NEVER lost sight of opposing
Nazi's and white supremacists, in all their ugliness. What has been insisted upon from the start is NO VIOLENCE!

Never once has there been a killing at the hands of left leaning activists like those in Antifa. You can bleat on all you like about insisting there be no violence, but you already know don't you that dozens of Americans have died at the hands of right wing extremists in recent years so you can shove your false equivalency up your Trump supporting ass NY NY. Fuck you.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Wed Aug 30, 7:41 pm

Even Pelosi came out against the violence and disgusting behavior (throwing shit and piss like orangutans) by the Antifa twats. This approach isn't smart, all its doing is pissing people off even more and pushing them away from the Democrats. Maybe a message a platform and some leadership from the Democrats would be helpful.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Wed Aug 30, 8:00 pm

Cat wrote:You can bleat on all you like about insisting there be no violence, but you already know don't you that dozens of Americans have died at the hands of right wing extremists in recent years...

Why do you believe violence is the answer Cat? When has violence ever settled anything, besides dropping nuclear weapons on innocent civilians? Bringing violence to any protest will only end in tragedy, which is proven over and over around this planet, daily.

Even the mainstream media is abandoning antifa. Aug. 13th they didn't mention the antifa portending violence and interfering with a lawful assembly, but after their actions elsewhere they're violent exploits are now being documented in a negative light. How can that be achieving anything positive?

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Wed Aug 30, 8:07 pm

Cat wrote:Never once has there been a killing at the hands of left leaning activists like those in Antifa.

Nice bit of prevarication, the families of Myrna Lee Opsahl, Joseph Trombino, Edward O'Grady, Waverly Brown and Marcus Foster would certainly disagree.
The families of Diana Oughton and Terry Robbins may wince as well.

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Wed Aug 30, 10:23 pm

Cat wrote:
NewYork, New York wrote:

Never once has there been a killing at the hands of left leaning activists like those in Antifa. You can bleat on all you like about insisting there be no violence, but you already know don't you that dozens of Americans have died at the hands of right wing extremists in recent years so you can shove your false equivalency up your Trump supporting ass NY NY. Fuck you.

You better be careful what you wish for.

Condoning violence will not end well for anyone.

I am not surprised by your anger. There is something wrong with you. I have felt this for quite some time now.

False equivalency is what YOU are preaching.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Thu Aug 31, 2:09 am

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Thu Aug 31, 12:44 pm

Christ almighty, Norks. You're still thick as fuck.

nemesystem
super poster
super poster

Postby nemesystem » Thu Aug 31, 11:05 pm

alpha wrote:but isn't that what America's all about? Allowing people to embolden themselves, or groups they belong to? To flourish as Norm states above, with their own freedom of expression? I agree the white supremacists can be violent, but meeting violent folks with violence will only produce more violence. Where's the peaceful resolution in that? Look around, where on this planet is violence and killing making things more peaceful?

Should that include our industrial military complex, that's staging violence everywhere, for the profit of a few?

It is to an extent, however when you have groups that use that same freedom to hide behind and spread hate and discourse then is should be put in check.
I think you already know how I feel about the military industrial complex.

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Fri Sep 01, 12:01 am

nemesystem wrote:It is to an extent, however when you have groups that use that same freedom to hide behind and spread hate and discourse then is should be put in check.

Hate I can understand but what is wrong about discourse, do you object to written and spoken communication between people?
Unlike you most people object to living in a vacuum, your desperation to hang on to your corporate gig by living in a bubble isn't doing you much good.

nemesystem
super poster
super poster

Postby nemesystem » Fri Sep 01, 12:37 am

Cali Guy wrote:
nemesystem wrote:It is to an extent, however when you have groups that use that same freedom to hide behind and spread hate and discourse then is should be put in check.

Hate I can understand but what is wrong about discourse, do you object to written and spoken communication between people?
Unlike you most people object to living in a vacuum, your desperation to hang on to your corporate gig by living in a bubble isn't doing you much good.

Lmao

keep trolling dumb ass.

When you post stupid shit like this then yes I would say I object. You don't bring anything of value to the conversation you just spout nonsense... but hey whatever floats your boat.

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Fri Sep 01, 1:19 am

nemesystem wrote:keep trolling dumb ass.

I'll troll any tool that equates discourse with hate, anytime.

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

Postby a bollocks » Fri Sep 01, 2:20 am

Cali Guy wrote:
nemesystem wrote:keep trolling dumb ass.

I'll troll any tool that equates discourse with hate, anytime.

you desecrate Peter Griffin with your crap...

How dare you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMyjXHNq99I

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Fri Sep 01, 8:42 pm

Dazzler wrote:Christ almighty, Norks. You're still thick as fuck.

And you still have nothing in your argument other than insults.

I'm sure you support Antifa and their "peace thru violence" agenda.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Sat Sep 02, 11:03 am

Some of you white boys are well intentioned but confused. Perhaps you're all just to comfortable in your present circumstances.

"Media outlets and commentators representing a range of political persuasions have called attention to recent outbreaks of violence in Berkeley, Calif., Boston and other locations where anti-racist and anti-fascist demonstrators have gathered. Intentionally or not, they have often promoted a false equivalency between groups that advocate white supremacy and those that seek to eliminate it.
Even mainstream media outlets that typically fact-check the president seem to have subtly bought into Mr. Trump’s “both sides” narrative regarding right- and left-wing extremism. They’ve run headlines that highlight small violent skirmishes while ignoring the thousands who marched and protested peacefully, to say nothing of the injustices that inspired the protests."

More here....NY Times Op Ed https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/01/opinion/civil-rights-protest-resistance.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-right-region&region=opinion-c-col-right-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-right-region

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Sat Sep 02, 2:16 pm

Snot nosed brats wearing masks throwing shit and piss and beating people with sticks and shields then running away is never going to play well no matter how many apologists wrongly defend them.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Sat Sep 02, 5:36 pm

Old Fart wrote:Snot nosed brats wearing masks throwing shit and piss and beating people with sticks and shields then running away is never going to play well no matter how many apologists wrongly defend them.

You're one of those white moderates Dr. King warned us about. The ones more concerned with social order than social justice.
Admit it old man, you're in Trump's camp on this one. Snot nosed kids indeed. lol

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Sat Sep 02, 5:48 pm

Cat wrote:Some of you white boys are well intentioned but confused. Perhaps you're all just to comfortable in your present circumstances.

Considering “present circumstances”, is there anything 'whiter' than a “northern gear head” in his white suburban enclave wrenching on his 'classic' “87” Chrysler New Yorker to preserve “classic motoring”?

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Sat Sep 02, 6:34 pm

Cat wrote:
Old Fart wrote:Snot nosed brats wearing masks throwing shit and piss and beating people with sticks and shields then running away is never going to play well no matter how many apologists wrongly defend them.

You're one of those white moderates Dr. King warned us about. The ones more concerned with social order than social justice.
Admit it old man, you're in Trump's camp on this one. Snot nosed kids indeed. lol

You're a fake. An armchair poser with one line. I guess Pelosi is in the Trump camp on this too. Stupid cunts like you will be responsible for 8 years of Trump

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Sun Sep 03, 2:50 am

according to this read . the europeans started all this racial tension .
https://timeline.com/europeans-invented ... f896fae625

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Tue Sep 05, 12:48 am

If you use Twitter and want a chuckle follow Beverly Hills Antifa. @BevHillsAntifa

A parody account that makes fun of the nonsense going on.

Don't bother Cat, you'll just start whimpering.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Tue Sep 05, 1:11 am

And this is where we've ended up. Three decades of misunderstanding Godwin's Law has led us to a situation where the last thing we think of doing is criticising the murderous Neo-Nazi terrorists because it's much cooler to make a pretence of balance by slagging off those with the balls to oppose them.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cable_Street

I'm tempted to say that we deserve the coming tyranny even though I know that's not true and only a small minority of us truly deserve the hellishly authoritarian future that awaits.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Tue Sep 05, 1:18 pm

What I remember of Vietnam and civil rights protests doesn't include masked scumbags throwing bags of shit and piss, sneaking up on women and 16 year-olds to beat them with sticks and then run away so they don't get arrested.

I remember nobody had masks, they were proud to protest and fully expected to be arrested. They locked ams to prevent passage, they chained themselves to vehicles and doorways, they shouted down. They burned bras.

What Antifa is doing isn't protest, it's rioting and it's pushing reasonable people away.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Tue Sep 05, 1:33 pm

I pretty much agree with all of that but I understand the concern of some in this day and age of mass surveillance and sneaky government agency wankers.

If you had your photo taken now, it could be quickly posted online and shared on social media. You could be doxxed etc. etc. There's a lot of crazies in America. Protests in the information age are not really comparable to those RE: Vietnam etc.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Tue Sep 05, 1:53 pm

Old Fart wrote:What I remember of Vietnam and civil rights protests doesn't include masked scumbags throwing bags of shit and piss, sneaking up on women and 16 year-olds to beat them with sticks and then run away so they don't get arrested.

I remember nobody had masks, they were proud to protest and fully expected to be arrested. They locked ams to prevent passage, they chained themselves to vehicles and doorways, they shouted down. They burned bras.

What Antifa is doing isn't protest, it's rioting and it's pushing reasonable people away.

Nonsense. Protest is often good theatre whether you wore gas or Halloween masks. Check out the Yippies and their costume demonstrations and oddball tactics.

You worry about piss and shit being hurled at racists and Nazis when young counter demonstrators are getting run over by antisocial misfits who drive off like cowards so they don't get arrested. I see no equivalency.

OF wrote: They burned bras.

What a shocker. That must have freaked you out.

The problem isn't antifa tactics old man, the problem is you got old and don't like to see social turmoil in your retirement years.

Return to “All Politics”