Charlottesville

The place to discuss political issues.

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Re: Charlottesville

Postby Cali Guy » Wed Aug 16, 3:48 pm

Cat wrote:You were on your own if you wanted to confront white power goons and risk assault charges and jail time.

Must have had some fierce battles in your white suburban enclave.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Wed Aug 16, 5:12 pm

Cali Guy wrote:
Cat wrote:You were on your own if you wanted to confront white power goons and risk assault charges and jail time.

Must have had some fierce battles in your white suburban enclave.

Yeah, having grown up a dutch immigrant in a predominately Lebanese immigrant community you learn about social exclusion and bias early on.

Tell us about your multiculti upbringing Cali.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Wed Aug 16, 10:34 pm

What about the alt left? Any aggression there?

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Thu Aug 17, 12:53 am

modern roots wrote:What about the alt left? Any aggression there?

Hatred looks ugly no matter where it's coming from!

Peace, Des.

kiwi_in_Oz
super power poster
super power poster

Postby kiwi_in_Oz » Thu Aug 17, 9:04 am

"They do. You may want to check out the NZNF or the Western Front at the University of Auckland, they have a comparable level of support as similar groups in the states according to media reports."

thats good to hear really.

hardly worth talking about then.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Thu Aug 17, 3:51 pm

kiwi_in_Oz wrote:"They do. You may want to check out the NZNF or the Western Front at the University of Auckland, they have a comparable level of support as similar groups in the states according to media reports."

thats good to hear really.

hardly worth talking about then.

Agreed. I just don't like assumptions.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Thu Aug 17, 4:19 pm

They're pretty laid back in comparison to the White Power crowd and their aggression is generally defensive when it's needed.

Hitler and his cadre of brown shirts brawled in the streets and brawled in the beer halls, got arrested, served prison time and the Reich still got a foothold ultimately. Anything could happen in the Age of Drumpf now that we know he's simpatico with the extreme right.

Blood and Soil

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Thu Aug 17, 6:49 pm

Cat wrote:

They're pretty laid back in comparison to the White Power crowd and their aggression is generally defensive when it's needed.

That what you've read in our newspapers, but wasn't the case in Charlottesville. Had a friend there who witnessed a lot of confrontations from the left, egging the alt right crowd into a melee. Locking arms trying to block the alt right's parade and using steel bats to thump on the ground egging for a fight. What's worse is the alt right went to the trouble of getting a permit for their demonstration, the protestors on the left didn't bother. That the police didn't interfere only shows how pathetic the chalottesville police department can be.

As Des states above it doesn't matter where the hate comes from to make it ugly and the extremists on both sides always come looking for violence.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Thu Aug 17, 7:35 pm

alpha wrote:
Cat wrote:

That what you've read in our newspapers, but wasn't the case in Charlottesville. Had a friend there who witnessed a lot of confrontations from the left, egging the alt right crowd into a melee. Locking arms trying to block the alt right's parade and using steel bats to thump on the ground egging for a fight. What's worse is the alt right went to the trouble of getting a permit for their demonstration, the protestors on the left didn't bother. That the police didn't interfere only shows how pathetic the chalottesville police department can be.

As Des states above it doesn't matter where the hate comes from to make it ugly and the extremists on both sides always come looking for violence.

So citizens are not supposed to show our resolve to the point of violence when we attempt to discourage and bring down terrorist organizations and other aligned groups with violent fascist ideologies?

Most of these assholes still advocate political and economic persecution and discrimination against non-whites.

I wonder how a meek, tolerant population would have worked during WW2?

Oh wait. It didn`t work out so well.

Anyone remember Kristallnacht?

I bet they had all kinds of permits...

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Thu Aug 17, 8:29 pm

alpha wrote:What's worse is the alt right went to the trouble of getting a permit for their demonstration, the protestors on the left didn't bother.

Why would anyone in Antifa get a fucking permit? Do they hand out permits for "anti fascist head cracking"....how much do they cost? Can I buy one?

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Thu Aug 17, 10:42 pm

I've got a friend who has a restaurant on the mall and he was there the entire day. For what it's worth he said both sides were very violent. The opposition was using tear gas, throwing cups of urine, soda cans filled with gravel, etc etc.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Fri Aug 18, 2:59 am

with this global warming stuff about, there's real issue with a particular bad strain of pigeon virus, that can jump to humans .
this statue toppling movement might be on to something?? . destroy their roost . pigeons are not your friend, people .

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Fri Aug 18, 4:41 am

Rudy wrote:So citizens are not supposed to show our resolve to the point of violence when we attempt to discourage and bring down terrorist organizations and other aligned groups with violent fascist ideologies?

How can fighting violent fascist ideologies with more fascist violent terrorism lead to any peaceful resolution?

In Va. you've gotta have a permit to protest anything, lawfully. The 'terrorist organizations' were organized and obtained a permit, whereas those that protested against them did not, but they did bring the violence, which always escalates more violence. We're supposed to be a land of free speech, if a perceived fascist ideology wishes to spout off to whoever wishes to listen they should be able to do so without intimidation. To show up only to rattle chains makes those protestors no better than those they claim to be protesting.

a bollocks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: Not A'dam dam'it..... a traveler, a heart, no woot for you.

Postby a bollocks » Fri Aug 18, 6:30 am

alpha wrote:
Rudy wrote:So citizens are not supposed to show our resolve to the point of violence when we attempt to discourage and bring down terrorist organizations and other aligned groups with violent fascist ideologies?

How can fighting violent fascist ideologies with more fascist violent terrorism lead to any peaceful resolution?

In Va. you've gotta have a permit to protest anything, lawfully. The 'terrorist organizations' were organized and obtained a permit, whereas those that protested against them did not, but they did bring the violence, which always escalates more violence. We're supposed to be a land of free speech, if a perceived fascist ideology wishes to spout off to whoever wishes to listen they should be able to do so without intimidation. To show up only to rattle chains makes those protestors no better than those they claim to be protesting.

oh please. The answer is no. We done fought about this, like thrice.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Fri Aug 18, 10:40 am

Antifa is not a hate group, they're a response to alt right messaging. Lay off the false equivalencies. They don't spout hate and they don't arrive with long guns like the militias.

I see no issue with intimidation of the extreme right as they march. And then if they step up, its on.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Fri Aug 18, 11:13 am

alpha wrote:To show up only to rattle chains makes those protestors no better than those they claim to be protesting.

Nazi's don't care if you're a peaceful, respectful, and quiet limp wristed liberal, and they don't arrive to engage in friendly discourse.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Fri Aug 18, 1:26 pm

fahrenheit 451 .

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Fri Aug 18, 2:08 pm

Cat wrote:Nazi's don't care if you're a peaceful, respectful, and quiet limp wristed liberal, and they don't arrive to engage in friendly discourse.

Yes and the alt left proved that point beyond any shadow of doubt, in Charlottesville.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Fri Aug 18, 2:19 pm

I predict Trump will resign before the end of the year and claim success. He's dug himself a hole he can't possibly climb out of. Pence has been preparing for this for months.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Fri Aug 18, 2:54 pm

Alt right groups are fighting because they are united in the view that
Jews should be eliminated.
Maybe not everyone of them has the balls to come right out and say that, but many, many of them do.

For me, the fight is on.

This is only 1 of the many distorted, violent, evil ideas they bring along to their rallies.

Sure, grandma has more benign feelings and motives about these sweet white people coming together,
and she brought the finest chocolate chip cookies to share, but her message and intent is right there with them.

Interesting how they cling to Trumps "Make America Great Again" campaign.

The Nazis, Aryan Brotherhood, KKK, Biker thugs and various other destructive criminal fringe elements now no longer
feel they need to operate from the shadows. They are stepping up, banding together to "take back" the US, and they don`t mean peacefully. They are after real power. Military power. Just ask the organizers. This is a war to them.

Those who protest against them are fighting against this movement and these goals.

There is no equivalency in the violence at Charlottesville.

My best friend as a kid was a Jewish kid named Hugh.
We got picked on together at school. He was a dorky Jewish kid and I had a very German name.
It was the 50`s. Post war, and I caught a lot of shit for being a "Kraut" and a "Nazi".
Got the fuck knocked out of me a few times just for being "German".
Somehow we wound up being friends and I would go to his house to play, etc.
His granny made the tastiest Matzo balls. She lived with Hugh`s folks and could only speak German.
She had a number tattooed on her arm. I learned that she had survived Auschwitz.
It turns out that Hugh`s father`s family, friends, property, business, neighborhood, everything had been systematically annihilated by the Nazis in Germany.
From more than a dozen family members, only his father, brother and grandmother made it out alive.
His dad was missing an ear from a German Shepard SS dog.
His family liked me and was very kind and gracious to me in spite of my very German name.

That really REALLY stuck with me.

I will never forget. I will never forgive.

And I will fight you anyway I can if you allow these creeps to gain a foothold.

Rally at City Hall tonight against "hate".

I`ll be there.
Last edited by Rudy on Fri Aug 18, 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Fri Aug 18, 4:05 pm

alpha wrote:
Cat wrote:Nazi's don't care if you're a peaceful, respectful, and quiet limp wristed liberal, and they don't arrive to engage in friendly discourse.

Yes and the alt left proved that point beyond any shadow of doubt, in Charlottesville.

You're fucking addled, mate.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Fri Aug 18, 7:33 pm

below is a personal testimony?? .

Rudy wrote:My best friend as a kid was a Jewish kid named Hugh.
We got picked on together at school. He was a dorky Jewish kid and I had a very German name.
It was the 50`s. Post war, and I caught a lot of shit for being a "Kraut" and a "Nazi".
His granny made the tastiest Matzo balls. She lived with Hugh`s folks and could only speak German.
She had a number tattooed on her arm. I learned that she had survived Auschwitz.
It turns out that Hugh`s father`s family, friends, property, business, neighborhood, everything had been systematically annihilated by the Nazis in Germany.
From more than a dozen family members, only his father, brother and grandmother made it out alive.
His family liked me and was very kind and gracious to me in spite of my very German name.

I`ll be there.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Fri Aug 18, 10:15 pm

smokedpeppers wrote:below is a personal testimony?? .

Rudy wrote:My best friend as a kid was a Jewish kid named Hugh.

I`ll be there.

About as personal as it gets.
One correction. I was born in the 50`s, and this friendship was kindled in the 60`s.

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Barcelona

Postby Cali Guy » Fri Aug 18, 10:34 pm

Wolf Blitzer the Brick Tamland of cable news pondered yesterday if Barcelona was a Charlottesville copycat attack. Maybe someone put it up on the teleprompter and just let him read it as a joke.

nemesystem
super poster
super poster

Postby nemesystem » Fri Aug 18, 11:15 pm

I'll side with the "alt left" anyday over a nazi racist piece of shit.

Why is that even being debated?

btw I prefer the term anarchist not alt left or "antifa" lmao

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Sat Aug 19, 2:07 am

Interesting Rudy, thanks.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Sat Aug 19, 4:53 pm

Rudy wrote:Those who protest against them are fighting against this movement and these goals.

In my opinion they are not. They are only promoting said movement and their goals! Had the alt right marched to nobody and spoke out to no one other than their own ilk they'd have accomplished very little, but at great expense. They'd be reduced to their own personal rallies, which is where the kkk has always been. By protesting their rallies face to face, portending violence, then 'war' is the only likely outcome and with it you've not only promoted your opposition's ideals, you've fallen victim to them too.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Sat Aug 19, 7:22 pm

alpha wrote:
Rudy wrote:Those who protest against them are fighting against this movement and these goals.

In my opinion they are not. They are only promoting said movement and their goals! Had the alt right marched to nobody and spoke out to no one other than their own ilk they'd have accomplished very little, but at great expense. They'd be reduced to their own personal rallies, which is where the kkk has always been. By protesting their rallies face to face, portending violence, then 'war' is the only likely outcome and with it you've not only promoted your opposition's ideals, you've fallen victim to them too.

Good luck with pretense and denial then. Its your right to be passive.
You seem to misunderstand the concept and physics of "opposition".
Luckily there are plenty of folks who will heed the repeated warnings of history, organize and drive this minority of malevolent
rats back into the shadows vocally if not physically.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Sat Aug 19, 7:29 pm

The Germans have found a brilliant way of dealing with neo-nazis. We should give it a try over here.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Sat Aug 19, 7:32 pm

alpha wrote:They'd be reduced to their own personal rallies, which is where the kkk has always been.

You mean like this little KKK personal 1925 March on Washington?

Return to “All Politics”