The Google memo

The place to discuss political issues.

User avatar
Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6878
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 8:36 pm
Location: @ 7,230 Feet

The Google memo

Postby Old Fart » Thu Aug 10, 2:38 am

Science is hard.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion ... e35903359/

Debra W. Soh is a Provost Dissertation Scholar and PhD. candidate in psychology, specializing in the neuroscience of sex, at York University.

Cujo04
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5491
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 5:14 pm

Re: The Google memo

Postby Cujo04 » Thu Aug 10, 6:36 am

Old Fart wrote:Science is hard......................"




Free speech is tougher

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15306
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: The Google memo

Postby Dazzler » Sat Aug 12, 9:39 pm

He's a silly cunt, but he shouldn't have been fired,

User avatar
Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6878
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 8:36 pm
Location: @ 7,230 Feet

Re: The Google memo

Postby Old Fart » Sat Aug 12, 9:46 pm

Dazzler wrote:He's a silly cunt, but he shouldn't have been fired,


Maybe silly to post the truth when you work in that kind of environment. Leftists can be cunts.

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4160
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 1:42 am

Re: The Google memo

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Sat Aug 12, 11:02 pm

Old Fart wrote:
Maybe silly to post the truth when you work in that kind of environment. Leftists can be cunts.



wow.

more and more thinking people are cunts

User avatar
Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6878
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 8:36 pm
Location: @ 7,230 Feet

Re: The Google memo

Postby Old Fart » Sun Aug 13, 12:02 am

worldcitizen1723 wrote:
Old Fart wrote:
Maybe silly to post the truth when you work in that kind of environment. Leftists can be cunts.



wow.

more and more thinking people are cunts

I'm not sure how to take that but I know you believe in science and freedom to speak your mind. The thing is, the memo had been posted for a month before the press got a hold of it and there wasn't an issue. It's just grandstanding and nonsense from the alphabet people.

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15306
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: The Google memo

Postby Dazzler » Sun Aug 13, 12:46 am

Old Fart wrote:
Dazzler wrote:He's a silly cunt, but he shouldn't have been fired,


Maybe silly to post the truth when you work in that kind of environment. Leftists can be cunts.


He mass-circulated a memo on a sensitive subject on which he was completely unqualified to comment. He's a fucking idiot. But he shouldn't have been sacked for it.

I think there's more to it than is being reported though.

User avatar
Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6878
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 8:36 pm
Location: @ 7,230 Feet

Re: The Google memo

Postby Old Fart » Sun Aug 13, 1:49 am

Dazzler wrote:
Old Fart wrote:
Dazzler wrote:He's a silly cunt, but he shouldn't have been fired,


Maybe silly to post the truth when you work in that kind of environment. Leftists can be cunts.


He mass-circulated a memo on a sensitive subject on which he was completely unqualified to comment. He's a fucking idiot. But he shouldn't have been sacked for it.

I think there's more to it than is being reported though.


For nailing the scientific facts in that memo he did pretty good for a laymen. Nobody gave a shit about it for a month.

User avatar
smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5726
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 10:45 pm
Location: 3rd. rock
Contact:

Re: The Google memo

Postby smokedpeppers » Sun Aug 13, 2:21 am

Dazzler wrote:I think there's more to it than is being reported though.

most likely . but msm will keep our attention elsewhere on this narrative .

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15306
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: The Google memo

Postby Dazzler » Sun Aug 13, 2:45 pm

Old Fart wrote:
Dazzler wrote:
Old Fart wrote:
Dazzler wrote:He's a silly cunt, but he shouldn't have been fired,


Maybe silly to post the truth when you work in that kind of environment. Leftists can be cunts.


He mass-circulated a memo on a sensitive subject on which he was completely unqualified to comment. He's a fucking idiot. But he shouldn't have been sacked for it.

I think there's more to it than is being reported though.


For nailing the scientific facts in that memo he did pretty good for a laymen. Nobody gave a shit about it for a month.


Does he?

Are you more qualified to make that statement than he or I?

User avatar
Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6878
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 8:36 pm
Location: @ 7,230 Feet

Re: The Google memo

Postby Old Fart » Sun Aug 13, 3:44 pm

Dazzler wrote:
Old Fart wrote:
Dazzler wrote:
Old Fart wrote:
Dazzler wrote:He's a silly cunt, but he shouldn't have been fired,


Maybe silly to post the truth when you work in that kind of environment. Leftists can be cunts.


He mass-circulated a memo on a sensitive subject on which he was completely unqualified to comment. He's a fucking idiot. But he shouldn't have been sacked for it.

I think there's more to it than is being reported though.


For nailing the scientific facts in that memo he did pretty good for a laymen. Nobody gave a shit about it for a month.


Does he?

Are you more qualified to make that statement than he or I?


According to this person yes, he nailed it. Surely more qualified than both of us yeah?

Debra W. Soh is a Provost Dissertation Scholar and PhD. candidate in psychology, specializing in the neuroscience of sex, at York University.

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15306
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: The Google memo

Postby Dazzler » Sun Aug 13, 5:01 pm

And yet according to many others, he's wrong. That's the point: none of us are qualified or skilled in judging the evidence for this particular debate. It doesn't really matter whether he's wrong or right: distributing such a controversial opinion without justification of qualification or role in the company is a massive error of judgement and he was wrong to do it.

However, Google have made a bigger error in sacking him.

User avatar
Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6878
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 8:36 pm
Location: @ 7,230 Feet

Re: The Google memo

Postby Old Fart » Sun Aug 13, 6:15 pm

Dazzler wrote:And yet according to many others, he's wrong. That's the point: none of us are qualified or skilled in judging the evidence for this particular debate. It doesn't really matter whether he's wrong or right: distributing such a controversial opinion without justification of qualification or role in the company is a massive error of judgement and he was wrong to do it.

However, Google have made a bigger error in sacking him.

Nobody says he's wrong on the science.

nemesystem
super poster
super poster
Posts: 877
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 9:50 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

Re: The Google memo

Postby nemesystem » Sun Aug 13, 9:33 pm

lol google can do what they want

How many of you used it today? lmao

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15306
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: The Google memo

Postby Dazzler » Mon Aug 14, 10:33 am

Old Fart wrote:
Dazzler wrote:And yet according to many others, he's wrong. That's the point: none of us are qualified or skilled in judging the evidence for this particular debate. It doesn't really matter whether he's wrong or right: distributing such a controversial opinion without justification of qualification or role in the company is a massive error of judgement and he was wrong to do it.

However, Google have made a bigger error in sacking him.

Nobody says he's wrong on the science.


I think it's more complex than that. No serious scientific authority disputes that no traits that are more commonly found in men than women* are attributable to genetics, but some of the more specific claims that he makes in the paper are definitely not supported by current science.

In any case, to reiterate: wrong or right, it was an error of judgement for him to circulate this memo in his workplace.


*Noting that even here, the correlation is not perfect: a minority of men exhibit traits regarded as feminine while a minority of women exhibit traits more associated with men.


Return to “All Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest