Insanity prevails.

The place to discuss political issues.

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Insanity prevails.

Postby MileHighDenver » Fri Jul 21, 3:19 am

How much longer can it go on? Someone counted 863 verifiable lies told since inauguration. The same lies repeated many times were only counted once. I sure hope we get some fire soon considering all the smoke.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: Insanity prevails.

Postby Old Fart » Fri Jul 21, 1:40 pm

Pence isn't going to be much of an improvement. The Democrats have no leader or platform and are on an historic losing streak.

Maybe the draft Bernie campaign will get legs because things look grim.

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Sun Jul 23, 3:20 pm

MileHighDenver wrote:How much longer can it go on? Someone counted 863 verifiable lies told since inauguration. The same lies repeated many times were only counted once. I sure hope we get some fire soon considering all the smoke.

who's lies? The democrats or the republicans?

By my count, both sides lie so often it is hard to keep count who is winning the war of fake news.

Cujo04
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cujo04 » Mon Jul 24, 4:57 pm

Congress has an approval rating dipping near the single digits. The problem is the people polled think the problem lies with the representatives of the other 49 states.

chigusa
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: with his mouth full of teddies, jumbo's urinating seems defiant.

Postby chigusa » Mon Jul 24, 5:25 pm

NewYork, New York wrote:
who's lies? The democrats or the republicans?

it's just the president's lies. he is no longer telling lies along party lines.
it is not the democrats or the republicans, it's just trump trying to save his terrible presidency.

Hillary was a liar too, and things are no better in g.b. than the u.s. just thought I would get those points out of the way for you.

chigusa
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby chigusa » Mon Jul 24, 5:27 pm

fake news. fucking wanker coward bastard. how is the stupid cunt still alive?

boneymaroni
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby boneymaroni » Mon Jul 24, 6:16 pm

Trump is a complete imbecile....the white man's version of Don King (even the hair).

He's carrying a huge chip on his shoulder from never being accepted by the old money elite there in Manhattan and seems hell-bent on running this country in the ground in his spiteful fits of butt-hurtness.

Had the democrats ran with any candidate other than the anti-christ Clinton...

We created this monster....he's uniquely American.

He has to be impeached.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Mon Jul 24, 9:45 pm

Sort yourselves out lads, fucks sake.

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Tue Jul 25, 2:48 am

boneymaroni wrote:Trump is a complete imbecile....the white man's version of Don King (even the hair).

He's carrying a huge chip on his shoulder from never being accepted by the old money elite there in Manhattan and seems hell-bent on running this country in the ground in his spiteful fits of butt-hurtness.

Had the democrats ran with any candidate other than the anti-christ Clinton...

We created this monster....he's uniquely American.

He has to be impeached.

yup

we will soon be unable to recover...

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Tue Jul 25, 9:02 am

In my lifetime I've never known there be such a dearth of genuine World Leaders!

WTF is going on? ... It's rather worrying!

Peace, Des.

kiwi_in_Oz
super power poster
super power poster

Re: Insanity prevails

Postby kiwi_in_Oz » Tue Jul 25, 1:02 pm

I think the world must have always had fucked govt and leadership it's just we didn't realise . There is no way it's just happened recently.

Australia has had dud govt after dud after dud coming from both major parties

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Tue Jul 25, 1:25 pm

des wrote:In my lifetime I've never known there be such a dearth of genuine World Leaders!

Peace, Des.

You lads should be worried. You have ruined you country with one shockingly bad mistake. You can't say you weren't warned. Still, you gave the two fingers to 'the bureaucrats' in Brussels, so there's that.

kiwi_in_Oz
super power poster
super power poster

Postby kiwi_in_Oz » Tue Jul 25, 9:32 pm

I know England must be very unhappy about losing the rugby World Cup but I don't think it's ruined the country

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Wed Jul 26, 11:32 am

Generous_J wrote:
des wrote:In my lifetime I've never known there be such a dearth of genuine World Leaders!

Peace, Des.

You lads should be worried. You have ruined you country with one shockingly bad mistake. You can't say you weren't warned. Still, you gave the two fingers to 'the bureaucrats' in Brussels, so there's that.

We'll be OK! ... Our future's in our own hands!

Yours is dependent on the charity of French and German bankers! Good luck with that one!

Peace, Des.

chigusa
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby chigusa » Wed Jul 26, 11:47 am

des wrote:Our future's in our own hands!

no it's not. it's in the hands of tory scumbag bastards.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Wed Jul 26, 12:59 pm

chigusa wrote:

At least we can get rid of the Tories via the ballot box! ... The same can't be said of Tusk, Juncker and Co!

You've never explained why you're so keen to tug your forelock at a load of unelected foreign bureaucrats! If there's a good reason I'd like to hear it?

Peace, Des.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Wed Jul 26, 1:54 pm

chigusa wrote:

You're future is in the hands of a bunch of squabbling numpties. May, Johnson, Davis, GOVE? What a cunt Gove is. They look to be making a bigger disaster of Brexit than was expected, and I didnt have high expectations. Gove who backstabbed Johnson, who is backstabbing Davis, who is preparing to challenge May.

des wrote:At least we can get rid of the Tories via the ballot box! ... The same can't be said of Tusk, Juncker and Co!

You did get rid of Tusk, Juncker and Co. with the ballot box...

des wrote:[You've never explained why you're so keen to tug your forelock at a load of unelected foreign bureaucrats! If there's a good reason I'd like to hear it?

I just don't get why it always boils down to 'unelected bureaucrats'. They were elected. EU governments (including the UK) passed the Lisbon Treaty to award the powers the EU enjoys. On the back of that, Juncker was elected by a vote of EU leaders, winning by 26-2. Tusk similar.

What makes those in Europe 'bureaucrats' while those in England are 'politicians'?

I think your political views and actions might be driven by very short term considerations.

Seems to me that the majority of EU countries share similar values - why not work together? The UK looks like a bunch of arrogant xenophobes now. The empire is gone i'm afraid and you will discover it's better to work with your allies for a more prosperous shared future than isolate yourself.

Incidentally, the UK is keeping an absolute trove of EU legislation, becaus itnis progressive and has improved UK society. It is literally copy- pasted into UK law. Now with Brexit, UK is already considering lowering food standards ect (chlorinated chicken) to make deals with the US (inferior quality controls/ food safety). It's backwards.

The funny thing is that it is agreed that immigration was one of the number one issues which drove to vote for Brexit. Now, I understand that social cohesion and ghettoes etc are a real issue in Brittish society, but many of these areas are a result of Englands colonial past (where people from former colonies had a right to enter Britain) and poor planning/ integration. That is no fault of the EU. Are ye afraid of Polish labourers?

Finally, I will say that that the EU is in need of reform - that is generally agreed amongst member states - why not be part of the change instead of throwing the baby out with the bathwater? It's a damn shame as the UK could have been a force for.good.in reforming the EU. Thatcher and Cameron had got some concessions that other EU states do not and will not enjoy.

Cameron will now go down in infamy as a fucking moron for calling the referendum, and May too for calling an election which she royalled fucked up (something I predicted).

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Wed Jul 26, 3:13 pm

Generous_J wrote:
chigusa wrote:

You're future is in the hands of a bunch of squabbling numpties. May, Johnson, Davis, GOVE? What a cunt Gove is. They look to be making a bigger disaster of Brexit than was expected, and I didnt have high expectations. Gove who backstabbed Johnson, who is backstabbing Davis, who is preparing to challenge May.

des wrote:At least we can get rid of the Tories via the ballot box! ... The same can't be said of Tusk, Juncker and Co!

You did get rid of Tusk, Juncker and Co. with the ballot box...

des wrote:[You've never explained why you're so keen to tug your forelock at a load of unelected foreign bureaucrats! If there's a good reason I'd like to hear it?

I just don't get why it always boils down to 'unelected bureaucrats'. They were elected. EU governments (including the UK) passed the Lisbon Treaty to award the powers the EU enjoys. On the back of that, Juncker was elected by a vote of EU leaders, winning by 26-2. Tusk similar.

What makes those in Europe 'bureaucrats' while those in England are 'politicians'?

I think your political views and actions might be driven by very short term considerations.

Seems to me that the majority of EU countries share similar values - why not work together? The UK looks like a bunch of arrogant xenophobes now. The empire is gone i'm afraid and you will discover it's better to work with your allies for a more prosperous shared future than isolate yourself.

Incidentally, the UK is keeping an absolute trove of EU legislation, becaus itnis progressive and has improved UK society. It is literally copy- pasted into UK law. Now with Brexit, UK is already considering lowering food standards ect (chlorinated chicken) to make deals with the US (inferior quality controls/ food safety). It's backwards.

The funny thing is that it is agreed that immigration was one of the number one issues which drove to vote for Brexit. Now, I understand that social cohesion and ghettoes etc are a real issue in Brittish society, but many of these areas are a result of Englands colonial past (where people from former colonies had a right to enter Britain) and poor planning/ integration. That is no fault of the EU. Are ye afraid of Polish labourers?

Finally, I will say that that the EU is in need of reform - that is generally agreed amongst member states - why not be part of the change instead of throwing the baby out with the bathwater? It's a damn shame as the UK could have been a force for.good.in reforming the EU. Thatcher and Cameron had got some concessions that other EU states do not and will not enjoy.

Cameron will now go down in infamy as a fucking moron for calling the referendum, and May too for calling an election which she royalled fucked up (something I predicted).

We'll see if you're still such a fan when things start to go badly for the EU and someone needs to take a bum fucking!

I'm pretty sure it won't be the French and Germans who get their keks pulled down! ... It will be you, Greece and Italy who get shafted!

I hope you've stocked up on the old KY Jelly 'cos I predict you're gonna need it real soon!

Peace, Des.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Wed Jul 26, 3:55 pm

Des, I put forward a number of discussion points there and all you have to contribute in return is 'you will be bumfucked by the EU'?

The EU is better than the alternative.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Wed Jul 26, 7:10 pm

Generous_J wrote:The EU is better than the alternative.

It is for you!

The alternative to continuing to slurp on Juncker's cock is an economic catastrophe that would make the potato famine seem like afternoon tea at the Savoy!

Peace, Des.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Wed Jul 26, 8:17 pm

des wrote:

It is for you!

The alternative to continuing to slurp on Juncker's cock is an economic catastrophe that would make the potato famine seem like afternoon tea at the Savoy!

Don't be ridiculous.

The Famine was a symptom of actual mistreatment and real oppression of a country by the hands of a malelovent foreign ruler.

You have nothing to complain about. The EU is a benign force at worst. What has the EU forced upon you or denied you? The outrage is laughable.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Wed Jul 26, 11:03 pm

Generous_J wrote:
des wrote:

It is for you!

Don't be ridiculous.

The Famine was a symptom of actual mistreatment and real oppression of a country by the hands of a malelovent foreign ruler.

You have nothing to complain about. The EU is a benign force at worst. What has the EU forced upon you or denied you? The outrage is laughable.

Ask the 'Bubbles' if they're happy with their treatment at the hands of the benign EU! Or the savers in Cyprus who had their bank accounts frozen while the French and German bankers helped themselves to their hard earned dosh!

Peace, Des.

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Thu Jul 27, 1:23 am

Transgender out. WTF? Any guesses who's next?

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Thu Jul 27, 10:13 am

MileHighDenver wrote:Transgender out. WTF? Any guesses who's next?

Who's advising Trump? ... He just seems to be lurching from one fuck up to another!

Peace, Des.

winnie
super power poster
super power poster

Postby winnie » Thu Jul 27, 6:47 pm

des wrote:
Who's advising Trump?

Peace, Des.

Ivanka is advising him.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Sun Jul 30, 2:27 am

more insanity . dnc debbie's IT gumbah, was busted this week for bank fraud and attempting to flee the country . apparently, her brother, stevenW, assistant attorney for dc, has been appointed to oversee this investigation .
... where the fuck has political integrity gone? has it ever existed??

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Wed Aug 02, 4:42 am

smokedpeppers wrote: .

that's what I want to understand.
Is it my fantasy that there used to be integrity..or at least the pretense of integrity in politics?
wan't it a representational government, where both parties worked together for the good of the people?

How can Mitch McConnell announce that he will not include the democrats in the tax reform talks and bill. WTF???
Does that mean that 1/2 of the counbtry is not being represented?????

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Wed Aug 02, 8:04 am

worldcitizen1723 wrote:

Is it my fantasy that there used to be integrity..or at least the pretense of integrity in politics?
wan't it a representational government, where both parties worked together for the good of the people?

Seems that once we developed the atom bomb, before anyone else, made for pretty smug politics. That coupled with the nefarious rise of the CIA during the Eisenhower administration is when our government was getting hijacked as we knew it. An interesting read on the subject is The Devil's Chessboard.

worldcitizen1723 wrote:How can Mitch McConnell announce that he will not include the democrats in the tax reform talks and bill. WTF???
Does that mean that 1/2 of the country is not being represented?????

I believe their only pandering to the highly wealthy and i seriously doubt that's anything close to half. They get the gold mine whilst the other eighty to ninety percent get the shaft.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Wed Aug 02, 9:51 pm

worldcitizen1723 wrote:

was my understanding as well . do you think, what we were taught in school was just warm, fuzzy spin?? .
i'm not about any particular, political party . integrity, blows my skirt up, the rest of the bastards, feed to the lions .

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Sun Aug 06, 8:53 pm

smokedpeppers wrote:
worldcitizen1723 wrote:

was my understanding as well . do you think, what we were taught in school was just warm, fuzzy spin?? .
i'm not about any particular, political party . integrity, blows my skirt up, the rest of the bastards, feed to the lions .

still trying to pull it apart...But I really was not taught a warm fuzzy version of our country in the '60's
to graduate HS had to write a paper choosing between man being basically good or basically evil using history to prove your point.
I went for evil and got high marks for it

but still - my experience was that the people fought and spoke up and the government listened. I felt assured nothing like Hoover and his henchmen
would ever appear again in my lifetime. (Russia was the big worry) And I saw politicians argue and find compromise and appear to want the best for the people. I think it was before corporate money was intertwined into the political system. I do not think our politicians were bought in the same way. So it has changed and the integrity of the politicians now adays have been bought.

Return to “All Politics”