Distribution of murders within the US

The place to discuss political issues.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Distribution of murders within the US

Postby alpha » Tue May 02, 5:29 am

Click on the map to reach the source of this story.

Apparently two percent of the counties in the US commit 51 percent of the murders. Looks to be mostly warmer spots too.

"This study shows how murders in the United States are heavily concentrated in very small areas. Few appreciate how much of the US has no murders each year. Murder isn’t a nationwide problem. It’s a problem in a very small set of urban areas, and any solution must reduce those murders."

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: Distribution of murders within the US

Postby Old Fart » Tue May 02, 12:03 pm

Lots of Red in Blue states.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Tue May 02, 12:49 pm

Old Fart wrote:Lots of Red in Blue states.

Which for you validates your absurd contention that liberals are suffering from psychosis? Do you suffer from Dementia like your man Drumpf?

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Tue May 02, 12:54 pm

Triggered. ..

You're always one comment away from a hissy-fit.

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Tue May 02, 4:10 pm

Old Fart wrote:Triggered. ..

You're always one comment away from a hissy-fit.

He's expanded his repertoire in the Inauguration Day thread to quoting himself to congratulate himself on being so clever. The extent the comfortable white suburban 'activist' will go to to promote his smugness is comical.

nemesystem
super poster
super poster

Postby nemesystem » Tue May 02, 11:23 pm

I wonder what the firearm statistics look like for those areas

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Wed May 03, 2:56 am

re firearm statistics . heavy dnc voting areas tend to have high crime rates . there's a map floating around somewhere on these boards showing where hill drew the most support in the last go . quite similar to that of this threads map .

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Wed May 03, 9:30 am

smokedpeppers wrote: heavy dnc voting areas tend to have high crime rates

Its an oversimplification to make that Black Americans are predominately Democrats and that Black Americans are also disproportionately represented in the criminal justice system, don't you think?

Hammer
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Hammer » Wed May 03, 12:05 pm

Cat wrote:

Its an oversimplification to make that Black Americans are predominately Democrats and that Black Americans are also disproportionately represented in the criminal justice system, don't you think?

I didn't read any mention about black Americans until Cat did. SP mentioned crime rates in dnc voting areas. Cat then made a straw argument in answer to SP. I don't see any psychosis here, but Cat may suffer from paranoia.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Wed May 03, 12:53 pm

Hammer wrote:
Cat wrote:

I didn't read any mention about black Americans until Cat did. SP mentioned crime rates in dnc voting areas. Cat then made a straw argument in answer to SP. I don't see any psychosis here, but Cat may suffer from paranoia.

Care to explain your theory why heavy dnc voting areas tend to have high crime rates?
Perhaps SP would like to explain it.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Wed May 03, 1:54 pm

Cat wrote:
Hammer wrote:
Cat wrote:

Care to explain your theory why heavy dnc voting areas tend to have high crime rates?

ffs meho, reshuffle your deck, you keep playing the same tired card . here, we'll let queenly explain it to you .....

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Wed May 03, 2:30 pm

smokedpeppers wrote:
Cat wrote:
Hammer wrote:
Cat wrote:

ffs meho, reshuffle your deck, you keep playing the same tired card . here, we'll let queenly explain it to you .....

You've got nothing. Perhaps ball ping would like to have a go at it.

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Wed May 03, 2:34 pm

Cat wrote:

Oversimplification is the hallmark of a comfortable white suburbanite trying to earn his woke badge.

The reality is that particular constituency was targeted in the mid-90's as “super predators” by Hillary in a bid to solidify huge donations from the private prison corporations that benefited from the incarceration of that population.
President Clinton's signature legislation the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act which
incarcerated an entire generation of black and brown men obviously helped skew minority specific democratic strongholds as 'crime infested'.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Wed May 03, 3:10 pm

Cali Guy wrote:
Cat wrote:

Oversimplification is the hallmark of a comfortable white suburbanite trying to earn his woke badge.

The reality is that particular constituency was targeted in the mid-90's as “super predators” by Hillary in a bid to solidify huge donations from the private prison corporations that benefited from the incarceration of that population.
President Clinton's signature legislation the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act which
incarcerated of an entire generation of black and brown men obviously helped skew minority specific democratic strongholds as 'crime infested'.

That bill came out during the height of America's Crack epidemic and was intended to decrease black on black gang violence.
Sadly, as you correctly noted, the unintended consequence was mass incarceration.
Lets quote Hillary's comment......
"But we also have to have an organized effort against gangs, just as in a previous generation we had an organized effort against the mob. We need to take these people on. They are often connected to big drug cartels, they are not just gangs of kids anymore. They are often the kinds of kids that are called superpredators — no conscience, no empathy. We can talk about why they ended up that way, but first, we have to bring them to heel."

I don't hear her making a blanket statement against all Black American children do you?

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Wed May 03, 4:17 pm

Cat wrote:I don't hear her making a blanket statement against all Black American children do you?

What I 'hear' is you defending her repugnant declaration that a portion of African-American children that need help escaping the clutches of gang life should instead be brought to “heel” like some sort of dog cowering at her feet.
You get no woke points defending her with words she herself has renounced.

BTW, since you asked, "care to explain your theory why heavy dnc voting areas tend to have high crime rates?"
Or is that not in your white privilege arsenal of trite and oversimplified racial concoctions.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Wed May 03, 5:58 pm

Cali Guy wrote:
Cat wrote:I don't hear her making a blanket statement against all Black American children do you?

What I 'hear' is you defending her repugnant declaration that a portion of African-American children that need help escaping the clutches of gang life should instead be brought to “heel” like some sort of dog cowering at her feet.
You get no woke points defending her with words she herself has renounced.

BTW, since you asked, "care to explain your theory why heavy dnc voting areas tend to have high crime rates?"
Or is that not in your white privilege arsenal of trite and oversimplified racial concoctions.

Woke points? lol
I'll leave the use of that term to hipsters like you. Suburban White Privilege? Now that's a hoot.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Thu May 04, 1:44 am

California is ate up with murders. Pathetic.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Thu May 04, 3:32 am

it should be noted . contrary to what hill 'allegedly' thinks, i don't think democrat voters are stupid, although, as with most voters, they're quite gullible .

cat . you seem to have some inside understanding on this intercity restlessness, what's your answer??

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Thu May 04, 4:06 pm

smokedpeppers wrote:it should be noted . contrary to what hill 'allegedly' thinks, i don't think democrat voters are stupid, although, as with most voters, they're quite gullible

Once again, Hillary hatred is just a byproduct of 30 years of political character assassination, gender bias, misogyny, intergenerational institutionalized patriarchy, negative role assignment, culturally engrained chauvinism, and all those other ism's I can't remember right now.
Heres a theory, some people believe flimflam for the same reason they hate Hillary. Some people have higher degrees of susceptibility than others and bullshitters like Trump are masterful at planting direct and indirect hypnotic suggestions in a mass format.

Its a reasonable conclusion, Hill isn't really all that bad, people just believe she is as they've a need to believe it and they're prone to suggestion. Simply wonder aloud to them if they believe it and their minds will do the rest.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Thu May 04, 5:44 pm

What a steaming pile of shit.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Fri May 05, 12:03 am

Cat wrote:
smokedpeppers wrote:although, as with most voters, they're quite gullible

Hill isn't really all that bad, people just believe she is as they've a need to believe it

i lived in greater little rock from 87-98 . you know not, what you speak of .

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Fri May 05, 1:03 am

smokedpeppers wrote:
Cat wrote:

Hill isn't really all that bad, people just believe she is as they've a need to believe it

Folks who defend terrorists and terrorism have a deep down need to, sp, so they'll still believe it the next morning. From her own lips Cat, hillary has proclaimed she is a terrorist, 'who (and i paraphrase) will kill women and children, for the sake of collateral damage, in their search for terrorist targets.' Impossible for me, or any member of humanity, to call that counter terrorism.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Fri May 05, 9:40 am

smokedpeppers wrote:
Cat wrote:

Oh yeah, bloated Arkansas Conservative males hated her from day one when she married Bill Clinton and refused to stop using her maiden name when he was the Governor.
If that doesn't tell you something about the pathetic outdated patriarchial structure of Arkansas male privilege where you lived then perhaps you were tuned out or spending to much time watching your back for all those hostile mexicanos. Come on man, you're better then this. Time to evolve.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Fri May 05, 2:46 pm

Cat wrote:If that doesn't tell you something about the pathetic outdated patriarchial structure of Arkansas male privilege where you lived then perhaps you were tuned out or spending to much time watching your back for all those hostile mexicanos. Come on man, you're better then this. Time to evolve.

Those mexicanos were amigos compared to your two friends, who've collectively stabbed more people in the back, than all mexican bandits throughout Mexican history! Should anyone here evolve it should be you. Step up to reality sometime, it's a blast, just ask nearly anyone else here.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Fri May 05, 4:45 pm

cat . whatever . happy cinco

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Fri May 05, 10:42 pm

ffs

Please use FACTS for arguments - this is just pathetic

Hillary NEVER said that!

easily manipulated you all are...

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Sat May 06, 5:32 pm

worldcitizen1723 wrote:ffs

Please use FACTS for arguments - this is just pathetic

Hillary NEVER said that!

I pulled the quote sometime ago from the Washington Post, whilst she was secretary of state. The comment was made in response to a question about the killing of women and children and other civilians during an american drone strike in Pakistan, that like many of their drone attacks, went horribly wrong. I looked again for the statement during her campaign and it couldn't be found, but memory serves better than censorship, imo. However, wc, if any of our political leaders didn't believe in the drone program, because of the amount of terrorism it causes, wouldn't they have stopped it by now?

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Mon May 08, 5:36 pm

worldcitizen1723 wrote:Hillary NEVER said that!

Are you certain? Our military uses the term. Remember our bombing of a hospital without borders in Afghanistan a couple of years ago?

Tyler Durden wrote:Perhaps the only thing the US military got right was admitting it was responsible for this latest murder of innocent civilians, when it issued a statement acknowledging that it carried out airstrikes, claimed they were conducted "against individuals threatening the force," and conceded that "the strike may have resulted in collateral damage to a nearby medical facility."

I dunno about you, wc, but if our military uses the term 'collateral damage' to describe innocent victims, it's not far fetched that hillary could've stuck her foot in her mouth trying to use the same expression.

The map i posted above only shows murders across america, but it would be interesting to see a world map of all the murders, of innocent victims, the american government has spread across the planet.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Mon May 08, 7:34 pm

War turns the nicest folks into murderers.
Thats just how it works.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Mon May 08, 7:46 pm

War turn the nicest people into killers, in self defense. However, terrorist invasions based on nothing that's been proved more than a decade later is murder, in the first degree. Iraq too, since the invasion was based on nothing but lies. Much like the nazis our government bases their invasions on imagination, rather than facts.

Return to “All Politics”