Martin McGuinness

Postby Swin » Tue Mar 21, 2:11 pm

Never thought I'd agree with Norman Tebbit. One less fucking terrorist

uk*bag*lady
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: Martin McGuinness

Postby uk*bag*lady » Tue Mar 21, 4:49 pm

You don't think he was a terrorist turned peace maker in later years?

:-)

winnie
super power poster
super power poster

Postby winnie » Tue Mar 21, 9:12 pm

RIP

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Tue Mar 21, 9:52 pm

Swin wrote:Never thought I'd agree with Norman Tebbit. One less fucking terrorist

You're pretty ignorant though.

As has been said, Martin McGuiness didnt bring war, it came to him. He was a tremendous guy, may he rest in peace.

boneymaroni
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby boneymaroni » Wed Mar 22, 5:00 am

He was an Irish patriot..

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Thu Mar 23, 2:56 pm

He was complicit in the murder of women and children!

If you think he was a wonderful person, shame on you!

Peace, Des.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Thu Mar 23, 3:57 pm

Swin wrote:Never thought I'd agree with Norman Tebbit.

I'm amazed that it's taken this long.

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Thu Mar 23, 4:10 pm

Mr McGuinness was forced to counteract the likes of John McMichael and Johnny Adair, not so much “wonderful” as needed.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Thu Mar 23, 5:55 pm

Cali Guy wrote:Mr McGuinness was forced to counteract the likes of John McMichael and Johnny Adair, not so much “wonderful” as needed.

I wonder if you'd hold that view if it was one of your kids they'd had to scoop up with a shovel following an IRA bombing?

Peace, Des.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Thu Mar 23, 7:15 pm

"It is fortunate that each generation does not comprehend its own ignorance. We are thus enabled to call our ancestors barbarous." Charles Dudley Warner

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Thu Mar 23, 7:18 pm

des wrote:I wonder if you'd hold that view if it was one of your kids they'd had to scoop up with a shovel following an IRA bombing?

Seeing that you are unable to turn the same critical eye to the UDA and the UVF the better question is whether you have the balls to ask the parents of James Cromie and Maria McGurk the same.
Richard, Mark, and Jason Quinn aged 11,10 and 6 were incinerated to a crisp by a loyalist firebombing, no shoveling needed. The inability of the English population to repudiate their own terrorists is staggering.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Thu Mar 23, 7:30 pm

des wrote:
Cali Guy wrote:Mr McGuinness was forced to counteract the likes of John McMichael and Johnny Adair, not so much “wonderful” as needed.

I wonder if you'd hold that view if it was one of your kids they'd had to scoop up with a shovel following an IRA bombing?

Peace, Des.

Dont start whining about the fucking IRA Des. There would have been no need for them if a bunch of pricks from across the water didnt think they owned everything they saw.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Thu Mar 23, 7:31 pm

Rudy wrote:"It is fortunate that each generation does not comprehend its own ignorance. We are thus enabled to call our ancestors barbarous." Charles Dudley Warner

Beautiful.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Thu Mar 23, 7:33 pm

Cali Guy wrote:
des wrote:I wonder if you'd hold that view if it was one of your kids they'd had to scoop up with a shovel following an IRA bombing?

Seeing that you are unable to turn the same critical eye to the UDA and the UVF the better question is whether you have the balls to ask the parents of James Cromie and Maria McGurk the same.
Richard, Mark, and Jason Quinn aged 11,10 and 6 were incinerated to a crisp by a loyalist firebombing, no shoveling needed. The inability of the English population to repudiate their own terrorists is staggering.

They want to take the high road and wash their hands of it, its unbelievable. The shitstorm of NI is a direct result of English imperialism and arrogance.

Crying about bombings yet conveniently ignoring hundreds of years of oppression.

The funny thing is, English people dont give a shit about NI or the Unionists/ Loyalists.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Thu Mar 23, 8:00 pm

Cali Guy wrote:

No rim-jobs from me for the UDA or UVF, I'm afraid! ... Sorry to burst your bubble!

Anyone prepared to murder innocent children for a political cause are fuckin' vermin! Their apologists are even worse!

It could be argued you have to be mentally ill to set off a bomb in a public place!

What's your excuse?

Peace, Des.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Thu Mar 23, 8:03 pm

Generous_J wrote:
Cali Guy wrote:

They want to take the high road and wash their hands of it, its unbelievable. The shitstorm of NI is a direct result of English imperialism and arrogance.

Crying about bombings yet conveniently ignoring hundreds of years of oppression.

The funny thing is, English people dont give a shit about NI or the Unionists/ Loyalists.

Careful, Generous_J! ... Your jovial Irishman mask is slipping!

Peace, Des.

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Thu Mar 23, 8:11 pm

des wrote:What's your excuse?

I don't need one.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Thu Mar 23, 8:12 pm

des wrote:
Generous_J wrote:
Cali Guy wrote:

Careful, Generous_J! ... Your jovial Irishman mask is slipping!

Peace, Des.

No mask is slipping, i've discussed the NI question here before, and at length. My position is maintained.

England has an ugly history when it comes to this island. The thing is that you have to accept it is history, and I do. Thankfully we are all in a better place now and we have people like Martin McGuiness to thank for that.

Coming in to a thread the day of the guys funeral to belittle/ disparage him while failing to acknowledge what he has done in bringing NI forward is the height of ignorance.

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Thu Mar 23, 8:25 pm

des wrote:Careful, Generous_J! ... Your jovial Irishman mask is slipping!

Way to go to the English norm of patronizing the Irishman...nice.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Thu Mar 23, 8:47 pm

Cali Guy wrote:

I don't need one.

Karma's a bitch! ... Let's hope she never catches up with you!

Peace, Des.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Thu Mar 23, 8:57 pm

He does deserve some credit for his part in the peace process, I agree! ... We'll have to disagree on whether or not he was a "tremendous guy"

In my book, anyone who sanctions the murder of innocent civilians is a humongous cunt!

Peace, Des.

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Thu Mar 23, 11:05 pm

des wrote:
Cali Guy wrote:

I don't need one.

Peace, Des.

I'll be just fine, my moral agency is solid and unlike you I understand the cause and effect created by an army of occupation.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Thu Mar 23, 11:42 pm

Cali Guy wrote:
des wrote:
Cali Guy wrote:

I don't need one.

Peace, Des.

I'll be just fine, my moral agency is solid and unlike you I don't think one side or the other has the moral high road.

I'm not claiming anyone held the moral high ground! There was fault on all sides!

I'm just not prepared to join in the eulogising of someone who thought murdering innocent civilians for a political cause was justifiable!

Peace, Des.

Return to “All Politics”