2016 Election Results by County

The place to discuss political issues.

slither
super poster
super poster

2016 Election Results by County

Postby slither » Sun Dec 25, 3:41 am

Have any of you studied this map?
It puts things in perspective regarding the popular vote.
And it is horrifying.

winnie
super power poster
super power poster

Re: 2016 Election Results by County

Postby winnie » Mon Dec 26, 2:36 am

What map?

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Tue Dec 27, 2:07 pm

Zoom in on the states:

http://graphics.wsj.com/elections/2016/results/

Cities voted Democrat, countryside voted Trump, essentially.

The headline news is that a minority of ignorant rednecks who live 20 miles away from their nearest neighbours and have only a fleeting connection to the 21st Century essentially decided how the US empire will die.

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Tue Dec 27, 6:19 pm

Dazzler wrote:Zoom in on the states:

The headline news is that a minority of ignorant rednecks who live 20 miles away from their nearest neighbours and have only a fleeting connection to the 21st Century essentially decided how the US empire will die.

You are as clueless as any liberal democrat as to why Trump won.

For example, insulting your opposition at each and every opportunity.

BTW, Minorities don't win elections.

winnie
super power poster
super power poster

Postby winnie » Tue Dec 27, 6:45 pm

thank you

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Tue Dec 27, 6:46 pm

NewYork, New York wrote:

You are as clueless as any liberal democrat as to why Trump won.

For example, insulting your opposition at each and every opportunity.

Everything that you typed here is blatantly wrong. Dazzler is far from clueless; What he said is true. The EC assures, in this day and age, that rural votes are more powerful than urban votes. Trump lost the popular vote "bigly" (what an ignorant illiterate piece of orange shit). Finally minorities DO, in fact, win elections (do some homework on the 2008 and 2012 elections).

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Tue Dec 27, 8:55 pm

*sniff*

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Tue Dec 27, 9:07 pm

Consumer confidence climbed in December to the highest level since August 2001 as Americans were more upbeat about the outlook than at any time in the last 13 years, and...

Obama’s legacy is a devastated Democratic Party

Democrats surrendered the White House to political neophyte Donald J. Trump.US Senate seats slipped from 55 to 46, down 16 percent.US House seats fell from 256 to 194, down 24 percent.Democrats ran the Senate and House in 2009. Next year, they will control neither.Governorships slid from 28 to 16, down 43 percent.State legislatures (both chambers) plunged from 27 to 14, down 48 percentTrifectas (states with Democrat governors and both legislative chambers) cratered from 17 to 6, down 65 percent.

Since Franklin Delano Roosevelt, eight presidents have served at least two terms or bowed to their vice presidents due to death or resignation. Among them, Obama ranks eighth in total state legislative seats that his party preserved during his tenure.

Obama has supervised the net loss of 959 such Democratic positions, down 23.5 percent, according to Ballotpedia, which generated most of the data cited here. This far outpaces the 843 net seats that Republicans yielded under President Dwight Eisenhower.

Obama also suffered the two worst mid-term defeats in American history. 

Trump can't do any worse. Nobody could.

It must be the Russians

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Tue Dec 27, 10:11 pm

bo made mention of Dparty needing investigative reporters to root out voter inaccuracies . this ol'boy from the 'upper 12regions' been poking around, he either has a smoking gun or egg on his face .... http://www.themudflats.net/archives/48043

i personally think, he's trying to sell books and tapes .

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Tue Dec 27, 11:46 pm

smokedpeppers wrote:bo made mention of Dparty needing investigative reporters to root out voter inaccuracies . this ol'boy from the 'upper 12regions' been poking around, he either has a smoking gun or egg on his face .... http://www.themudflats.net/archives/48043

I never mentioned the Democrapic party needing good investigative journalists. We the people need them.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Wed Dec 28, 1:47 am

Bohannon wrote:
smokedpeppers wrote:bo made mention of Dparty needing investigative reporters to root out voter inaccuracies . this ol'boy from the 'upper 12regions' been poking around, he either has a smoking gun or egg on his face .... http://www.themudflats.net/archives/48043

I never mentioned the Democrapic party needing good investigative journalists. We the people need them.

perhaps, i stand corrected then . excuse any besmirch plz

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Wed Dec 28, 10:43 am

Old Fart wrote:It must be the Russians

The GOP is at fault for creating this brutally scathing partisan atmosphere of complete and total non cooperation that has plagued American politics for the last 8 years. Put the blame squarely where it belongs. Its this atmosphere that gave Trump a leg up with our more unsophisticated voters and a electoral college win.

Now Trump, his cabal of surrogates and the GOP are bleating for bipartisan cooperation like the last 8 years didn't even happen? That's funny. Won't happen.

You'll see a return to laissez faire economics, deregulation and greed with Drumpf's Administration, until the eventual requisite financial meltdown like our 2008 Sub Prime Mortgage crisis. Its a never ending cyclical horror show thanks to the GOP.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Wed Dec 28, 1:16 pm

What a steaming pile of shit.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Wed Dec 28, 5:28 pm

Old Fart wrote:What a steaming pile of shit.
I totally agree...the GOP is indeed a steaming pile of shit, So are the Democrats but what Cat stated is true.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Wed Dec 28, 5:46 pm

had the 'i'm with her' party abandon that decision and trotted someone out with some fucking character, you snowflakes wouldn't be in a meltdown .

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Wed Dec 28, 7:47 pm

smokedpeppers wrote:had the 'i'm with her' party abandon that decision and trotted someone out with some fucking character, you snowflakes wouldn't be in a meltdown .

I totally agree. The Dumbocraps are a big part of causing this mess. They were so focused on electing the first woman to the presidency that they didn't bother to pay attention to her baggage or her name. The Trumpublicans are completely guilty though for even paying attention to the orange howler monkey.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Wed Dec 28, 8:23 pm

Bohannon wrote:
Old Fart wrote:What a steaming pile of shit.
I totally agree...the GOP is indeed a steaming pile of shit, So are the Democrats but what Cat stated is true.

What Cat posted was an opinion, I try not to bother with opinion and rely on facts. You and Cat arn't familiar with the concept.

So look for me to be your fact checker, Wikifart if you like.
And like Wikileaks, I have a 100% accuracy record. You on the other hand have proven to be a partisan twat... full of shit and a fibber.

You never did put me on your enemy list Bo, you lied about it. But you should, it'll make it easier for you to spew your bullshit.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Wed Dec 28, 10:56 pm

NewYork, New York wrote:

The minority won this one. Check your electoral college bro.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Wed Dec 28, 11:37 pm

Bohannon wrote:the orange howler monkey.

???, a bit racist, if your talking about the guy from kenya .

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Thu Dec 29, 1:40 am

smokedpeppers wrote:
Bohannon wrote:the orange howler monkey.

???, a bit racist, if your talking about the guy from kenya .

Not at all racist because you know who I am talking about.

Who is "the guy from Kenya"?

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Thu Dec 29, 2:41 am

i actually had no idea who this 'orange howler monkey' was, till i did a search . that being said it appears 'Trumpublicans' and a number of 'Dumbocraps' did pay attention to her baggage and name recognition .

'orange howler monkey', lol, i like that, they are a noisy lot .

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Thu Dec 29, 10:36 am

Old Fart wrote: What Cat posted was an opinion, I try not to bother with opinion and rely on facts. You and Cat arn't familiar with the concept.

Then you're misinformed. The GOP engaged in a fierce campaign of unrelenting and unprecedented obstructionism throughout the entire Obama administration. Its a well documented fact.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Thu Dec 29, 1:28 pm

Cat wrote:
Old Fart wrote: What Cat posted was an opinion, I try not to bother with opinion and rely on facts. You and Cat arn't familiar with the concept.

Then you're misinformed. The GOP engaged in a fierce campaign of unrelenting and unprecedented obstructionism throughout the entire Obama administration. Its a well documented fact.

They didn't like his policies so they did what ever they could to stop them by constitutional means. The exact thing the Demos plan to do with Trump.
Trump will do away with 70% of Obama's executive orders and in turn the next President will do the same to Trump. No high road to take here. So I could say that Obama was a horrible negotiator, did not consider Republicans at all in his policy decisions, is the worst foreign policy president in modern history. These are the reasons Obama was a lousy president and left his party in shambles for years to come. My opinion and well documented fact. see?

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Thu Dec 29, 1:45 pm

Old Fart wrote:
Cat wrote:

They didn't like his policies so they did what ever they could to stop them by constitutional means. The exact thing the Demos plan to do with Trump.
Trump will do away with 70% of Obama's executive orders and in turn the next President will do the same to Trump. No high road to take here. So I could say that Obama was a horrible negotiator, did not consider Republicans at all in his policy decisions, is the worst foreign policy president in modern history. These are the reasons Obama was a lousy president and left his party in shambles for years to come. My opinion and well documented fact. see?

Yeah, I see you still use the same false equivalence argument you always use. Learn some history before you spout off.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Thu Dec 29, 4:24 pm

Cat wrote:
Old Fart wrote:
Cat wrote:

Yeah, I see you still use the same false equivalence argument you always use. Learn some history before you spout off.

Be specific or fuck off. Nothing I said is false. You sucking Democratic dick without question makes you a pandering hypocritical cocksucker with the same tired and failed arguments.Your version of history is bullshit.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Thu Dec 29, 5:20 pm

Old Fart wrote: ...or fuck off...You sucking Democratic dick... pandering hypocritical cocksucker ...Your version of history is bullshit.

Have you been attending your anger management classes?

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Thu Dec 29, 5:23 pm

Banks wrote:
Old Fart wrote: ...or fuck off...You sucking Democratic dick... pandering hypocritical cocksucker ...Your version of history is bullshit.

I'm not angry at all , in fact I've never been more relaxed and content. You've been a name calling hysterical cunt, I could ask you the same question if I gave a shit.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Thu Dec 29, 8:35 pm

Old Fart wrote:
Banks wrote:

I'm not angry at all , in fact I've never been more relaxed and content. You've been a name calling hysterical cunt, I could ask you the same question if I gave a shit.

Can you get your money back?

slither
super poster
super poster

Postby slither » Fri Dec 30, 5:15 pm

winnie wrote:What map?

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mejn/election/2016/

Sorry.

The point is not to reintroduce the "urban voters vs. rural voters" meme, but to show where the lines currently exist with respect to the population. Five states (California, New York, Illinois, Massachusetts and Maryland) contributed mightily to the popular vote total in favor of HRC, while the majority of city, state and local governments are GOP.

A system based on a true popular vote would be counterintuitive, and the founders realized this. It seems tempting to blame the electoral college, but ask yourself if you really want a handful of populated regions deciding the general election for the entire country.

Fucking tribal idiots.

Cujo04
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cujo04 » Fri Dec 30, 8:19 pm

I doubt I have enough faith in the vote counting/anti fraud apparatus in place to be able to draw any definitive conclusion from a 2.8 million difference in 130 million total vote sample.

Return to “All Politics”