Here's to your health

The place to discuss political issues.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Here's to your health

Postby alpha » Sun Dec 04, 9:11 pm

http://www.ipwatchdog.com/2016/12/04/21 ... /id=75296/

Here's an introduction to healthcare under the republican regime. I'd have to agree with Bernie, that this is one terribly written bill. Appears whatever we get to replace obamanation care will be for the worse.

I believe the american people should demand that if they can't have decent, responsible healthcare, then neither can their politicians. We should actually demand that politicians must use VA hospitals and doctors for their healthcare and no one else.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016 ... ental.html

Cujo04
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: Here's to your health

Postby Cujo04 » Mon Dec 05, 3:54 pm

alpha wrote:".......I believe the american people should demand that if they can't have decent, responsible healthcare, then neither can their politicians. We should actually demand that politicians must use VA hospitals and doctors for their healthcare and no one else. ........."

While the people are demanding concessions the elected will find intolerable, they might as well also demand term limits to help protect voters from themselves

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Mon Dec 05, 5:11 pm

Term limits! Term limits! Here, here!

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Thu Dec 22, 4:28 pm

Half of Americans are happy with Obama's Affordable Care Act even if it needs some tweaking.....

WASHINGTON — "About 6.4 million people have signed up for health insurance next year under the Affordable Care Act, the Obama administration said Wednesday, as people rushed to purchase plans regardless of Republican promises that the law will be repealed within months.
The new sign-ups — an increase of 400,000 over a similar point last year — mean the health care coverage of millions of consumers could be imperiled by one of the first legislative actions of Donald J. Trump’s presidency. Hundreds of thousands of other people who took no action will be automatically re-enrolled by the federal government in the same or similar plans, officials said, and their coverage could be threatened as well. Consumers still have until the end of January to enroll.
Sylvia Mathews Burwell, the secretary of health and human services, said the number of sign-ups was remarkable in view of “headwinds” created by premium increases for 2017 and by the uncertainty of the entire health law after Mr. Trump takes office on Jan. 20."

More here........
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/21/us/health-exchange-enrollment-jumps-even-as-gop-pledges-repeal.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Cujo04
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cujo04 » Thu Dec 22, 4:36 pm

I would hope there's something worth salvaging in a 20K page bill

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Thu Dec 22, 5:19 pm

And the other half thinks it sucks. The beat goes on.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Thu Dec 22, 5:45 pm

Cujo04
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cujo04 » Thu Dec 22, 5:55 pm

After the recent election cycle, there are apparently now four kinds of lies....

Lies.....Damned lies....statistics.....and polls

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Thu Dec 22, 10:13 pm

Bohannon wrote:http://www.gallup.com/poll/179396/newly-insured-exchanges-give-coverage-good-marks.aspx?utm_source=alert&utm_medium=email&utm_content=morelink&utm_campaign=syndication

Do you realize that the article in the link is over 2 years old?

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Thu Dec 22, 10:24 pm

moe. wrote:
Bohannon wrote:http://www.gallup.com/poll/179396/newly-insured-exchanges-give-coverage-good-marks.aspx?utm_source=alert&utm_medium=email&utm_content=morelink&utm_campaign=syndication

No, I didn't. Why is there a sudden rush of people signing up right now?

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Thu Dec 22, 10:25 pm

Bohannon wrote:
moe. wrote:

No, it just isn't current.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Fri Dec 23, 12:11 am

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Fri Dec 23, 1:48 am

Bohannon wrote:
moe. wrote:

Could it be to avoid the penalty they were stung with last year?

Cujo04
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cujo04 » Fri Dec 23, 2:51 pm

The ACA isn't healthcare reform, it's an expansion of Medicaid. Beyond that demographic, the biggest beneficiary has been the corporate healthcare cartel being blessed with millions of new taxpayer subsidized insurance policys

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Sat Dec 24, 5:16 pm

alpha wrote:http://www.ipwatchdog.com/2016/12/04/21st-century-cures-act-passed-house/id=75296/

Here's an introduction to healthcare under the republican regime. I'd have to agree with Bernie, that this is one terribly written bill. Appears whatever we get to replace obamanation care will be for the worse.

I believe the american people should demand that if they can't have decent, responsible healthcare, then neither can their politicians. We should actually demand that politicians must use VA hospitals and doctors for their healthcare and no one else.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016 ... ental.html

Absolutely agree.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Sat Dec 24, 6:01 pm

Cujo04 wrote:The ACA isn't healthcare reform, it's an expansion of Medicaid. Beyond that demographic, the biggest beneficiary has been the corporate healthcare cartel being blessed with millions of new taxpayer subsidized insurance policys

Yeah, that was the republican's input to the 'reform". Thank you very much. Obama had to agree to that feature to have any chance of getting anything passed. Left to the Dumbocraps it would have been "Single Payer", left to (what are now) the Trumpublicans it would be ..."Kaiser for all"

BTW, I am a veteran. I use the DVA medical services...It is awesome. I am treated with respect and compassion and my meds are delivered by the USPS.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Sat Dec 24, 6:25 pm

Bohannon wrote:BTW, I am a veteran. I use the DVA medical services...It is awesome. I am treated with respect and compassion and my meds are delivered by the USPS.

I'm also a veteran and i get my meds shipped by the USPS too, however, mine come from Colorado and there aren't any doctors involved, but it too is awesome!

Return to “All Politics”