Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Re: I Voted.

Postby Cali Guy » Wed Nov 09, 5:29 pm

Old Fart wrote:
Bohannon wrote:
Old Fart wrote:
nemesystem wrote:Cannabis may have won last night but with Rudy as AG Say good bye to all that and Colorado

They have bigger things to worry about. At the very least medical is going nowhere.

I predict Bo has become a fan of the filibuster.

Bo is leaving this america behind. It is not a place for me.

You and the Hollywood elite. Good luck in your journey

BOhannon's future is bright, he is highly qualified to wash Lena Dunham's skid marked panties at her soon to be Vancouver estate.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Wed Nov 09, 5:32 pm

Now we'll get to see four more years of government obstruction but because its the Demos It will be deemed okay.

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Wed Nov 09, 5:48 pm

Old Fart wrote:Now we'll get to see four more years of government obstruction but because its the Demos It will be deemed okay.

Hillary is speaking right now. She is saying all the right things. She is NOT calling Trump a fascist or any other names.

This is how we Roll as Americans.

Good for you Hillary. I am proud of you.

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Wed Nov 09, 6:00 pm

Old Fart wrote:Now we'll get to see four more years of government obstruction but because its the Demos It will be deemed okay.

In the nearly 14 billion years since the universe began, four years is an imperceivable blip.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Wed Nov 09, 6:08 pm

I voted for NY Sen. Chuck Schumer (again) and he got elected. He'll be heading the Democratic Party Senate opposition.

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Wed Nov 09, 6:12 pm

NewYork, New York wrote:

Hillary is speaking right now. She is saying all the right things. She is NOT calling Trump a fascist or any other names.

This is how we Roll as Americans.

Good for you Hillary. I am proud of you.

Hillary can't be blamed for not addressing her supporters on election night, she needed to reflect on how much of a despicable cunt she must be to loose to Trump.
She has remained arrogant, nasty and elitist to the bitter end by not formally conceding the election.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Wed Nov 09, 6:52 pm

Dazzler wrote:a road to fascism

reads the french 'liberation' movement, did a = hitler cover .

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Wed Nov 09, 7:50 pm

Last edited by NewYork, New York on Wed Nov 09, 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Wed Nov 09, 7:56 pm

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Wed Nov 09, 8:01 pm

Cat wrote:I voted for NY Sen. Chuck Schumer (again) and he got elected. He'll be heading the Democratic Party Senate opposition.

Does the DNC regret rigging the primaries to nominate a candidate that had no chance in the general election?

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Wed Nov 09, 9:01 pm

Old Fart wrote:
Bohannon wrote:
Old Fart wrote:
nemesystem wrote:Cannabis may have won last night but with Rudy as AG Say good bye to all that and Colorado

They have bigger things to worry about. At the very least medical is going nowhere.

I predict Bo has become a fan of the filibuster.

Bo is leaving this america behind. It is not a place for me.

You and the Hollywood elite. Good luck in your journey

Thank you very much. Your concern is very touching.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Wed Nov 09, 9:02 pm

God I hope so. It's the only chance america has.

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Wed Nov 09, 9:15 pm

Bohannon wrote:

The exactly wrong thing to say, if the problems facing the US are ever going to be solved.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Wed Nov 09, 10:27 pm

I don't understand this: what do you mean by 'government obstruction'? What mechanisms can the opposition use with a repub-controlled HoR, Senate and Supreme Court?

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Wed Nov 09, 10:43 pm

Dazzler wrote:

I don't understand this: what do you mean by 'government obstruction'? What mechanisms can the opposition use with a repub-controlled HoR, Senate and Supreme Court?

Filibuster. A hated process by the Democratic Party during the Obama years and now a beloved tool now that the shoe is on the other foot. Hypocrisy I know.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Wed Nov 09, 10:47 pm

Bohannon wrote:

. All you did was whine about obstruction for eight years, now that the other side won shouldn't you be reaching out to stop it?

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Wed Nov 09, 11:13 pm

Old Fart wrote:
Bohannon wrote:

. All you did was whine about obstruction for eight years, now that the other side won shouldn't you be reaching out to stop it?

Are you really asking a progressive toadie to act reasonably?

slither
super poster
super poster

Postby slither » Thu Nov 10, 12:00 am

Bohannon wrote:

Bah - America will survive.

But never underestimate the power of rube anger to get out the vote.

For me, the initial concerns are the complete GOP majority in both houses and Mike Pence as VP. Of course there are also the issues of Cabinet appointments and SCOTUS nominations. That said, it would be quite refreshing to see Trump kick some Freedom Caucus ass, and take McCain, McConnell, Cruz, Grassley, Ryan, Chaffetz, Gowdy, et al., to task. I truly believe he will not have an easy go of it from either side. The good news is we no longer have to abide the Clintons, and maybe, just maybe, we can see the return of moderate Republicans in the legislature.

Also - no more Gaga, Bon Jovi, George Clooney, Bruce Springsteen "feel good" bullshit. There has been far too much of that sort of thing in our politics. Fucking Bono met Bill for lunch a while back and wrote him a $600K check for "The Foundation." Chelsea has lived on Foundation money and used it to pay for her lavish wedding. Enough!

For better or worse, the page has turned and the book remains unwritten. What if Trump turns out to be the Teddy Roosevelt/Andrew Jackson of our time? The sandbox is big enough for all of us and the kids will have to learn to play together. A guy like Trump is beholden to no one, not the media, not Wall Street, not the lobbyists, not the far right or the far left, not the NRA. In the end, he will not be able to govern as he campaigned, and the media will have to eat crow.

Plus - and this is important - Melania is the hottest First Lady in my lifetime. (Woot!)

In the meantime, hopefully, we can avoid WWIII and cannabis legalization will continue apace. P.S. - I did not vote for HRC or Trump, but am willing to believe we did get the lesser of two evils.

Think about it.

Cheers,

Slith

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Thu Nov 10, 12:05 am

slither wrote:
Bohannon wrote:

For me, the initial concerns are the complete GOP majority in both houses and Mike Pence as VP. Of course there are also the issues of Cabinet appointments and SCOTUS nominations. That said, it would be quite refreshing to see Trump kick some Freedom Caucus ass, and take McCain, McConnell, Cruz, Grassley, Ryan, Chaffetz, Gowdy, et al., to task. I truly believe he will not have an easy go of it from either side. The good news is we no longer have to abide the Clintons, and maybe, just maybe, we can see the return of moderate Republicans in the legislature.

Also - no more Gaga, Bon Jovi, George Clooney, Bruce Springsteen "feel good" bullshit. There has been far too much of that sort of thing in our politics. Fucking Bono met Bill for lunch a while back and wrote him a $600K check for "The Foundation." Chelsea has lived on Foundation money and used it to pay for her lavish wedding. Enough!

For better or worse, the page has turned and the book remains unwritten. What if Trump turns out to be the Teddy Roosevelt/Andrew Jackson of our time? The sandbox is big enough for all of us and the kids will have to learn to play together. A guy like Trump is beholden to no one, not the media, not Wall Street, not the lobbyists, not the far right or the far left, not the NRA. In the end, he will not be able to govern as he campaigned, and the media will have to eat crow.

Plus - and this is important - Melania is the hottest First Lady in my lifetime. (Woot!)

In the meantime, hopefully, we can avoid WWIII and cannabis legalization will continue apace. P.S. - I did not vote for HRC or Trump, but am willing to believe we did get the lesser of two evils.

Think about it.

Cheers,

Slith

Fuck me, I agree with everything you posted.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Thu Nov 10, 12:26 am

uk*bag*lady wrote:After what happened in the UK in June I thought that things in regard to voting couldn't get any worse.

How wrong can you be?

:-)

Donald Trump being US President is so terrible its like a joke but its such a bad joke its not funny.

George W Bush abstained ffs. lol.

Brexit was worse though.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Thu Nov 10, 12:34 am

NewYork, New York wrote:Not entirely sure if Trump's victory is a good thing. Only time will tell.

Oh man. That's funny.

I remember being at a Tampa Bay Devil Rays game in St. Pete in Florida. It was opening day of the season and GW delivered a speech via video link before General Petraeus threw the first pitch. I think this was just after the start of his 2nd term. Anyway, Bush was already being lampooned by that time. So, this old guy in front of me goes 'welllll, I may not lie-ack the guy, but he sure is maahh President.'

Have just been watching with interest as people were protesting there. Chanting 'not my President'.
Last edited by Generous_J on Thu Nov 10, 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Thu Nov 10, 12:40 am

the emotinal picture here is a bit like 9/11
except it is 11/9

people all day are walking into my office and immediately breaking down and sobbing
whole body shaking sobbing
only other time like this was 9/11

the entire staff and students at Julliard (performing arts school) at Lincoln center are non functional
they can do nothing.

buses and trains are silent. People are walking around in absolute shock
this is the one of the worst weeks ever...my dog passes and trump wins

i feel like i have slipped into a weird alternate reality

i fear for the supreme court
and i pulled my self out of the stock market before it falls this time

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Thu Nov 10, 12:44 am

smokedpeppers wrote:
Dazzler wrote:a road to fascism

reads the french 'liberation' movement, did a = hitler cover .

Brilliant. Megalomanic.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Thu Nov 10, 12:45 am

Such drama...

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Thu Nov 10, 12:49 am

Old Fart wrote:Such drama...

Youve elected a fucking insane reality TV star to be the 45th Pesident of the US. Its a catastrophe.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Thu Nov 10, 12:51 am

slither wrote:Also - no more Gaga, Bon Jovi, George Clooney, Bruce Springsteen "feel good" bullshit

reads, modanna reneged on her 'feel good' deal too

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Thu Nov 10, 1:54 am

Generous_J wrote:
Old Fart wrote:Such drama...

Youve elected a fucking insane reality TV star to be the 45th Pesident of the US. Its a catastrophe.

Yes we did, what now...give up? Do nothing? Commit suicide? It can't be reversed, as of this moment everyone involved seems to be saying enough is enough. It's just day one and words are cheap but it feels better than yesterday to me.

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Thu Nov 10, 3:26 am

worldcitizen1723 wrote:the emotinal picture here is a bit like 9/11
except it is 11/9

people all day are walking into my office and immediately breaking down and sobbing
whole body shaking sobbing
only other time like this was 9/11

the entire staff and students at Julliard (performing arts school) at Lincoln center are non functional
they can do nothing.

buses and trains are silent. People are walking around in absolute shock
this is the one of the worst weeks ever...my dog passes and trump wins

i feel like i have slipped into a weird alternate reality

i fear for the supreme court
and i pulled my self out of the stock market before it falls this time

To compare this to 9/11 is almost incomprehensible. Nobody died because of this election. No buildings came crashing to the ground.
I get people are unhappy their candidate didn't win. But Crying? Sobbing? When Obama was elected, (twice), people didn't cry and flood the streets in protest and riot because their guy didn't win.

We all know neither candidate was very likable.

We live in a democracy. We elect a new president every 4 years. This is how our system works.
The alternative is Fascism or a Dictatorship. THAT would be something to really cry about.

BTW, the stock market closed at an all time high today.

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Thu Nov 10, 3:29 am

Old Fart wrote:
slither wrote:
Bohannon wrote:

Think about it.

Cheers,

Slith

Fuck me, I agree with everything you posted.

Excellent post Slither. I especially like the part about the Hollywood "Elite". I wish most of them would STFU.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Thu Nov 10, 11:19 am

Rudy Giuliani was on Fox last night on O'Reilly and you should have heard those two ridiculing and laughing at those fellow Americans in the streets of major US cities protesting peacefully against a Trump presidency.

There we go, that sets the tone of us vs them America over the next 4 years. The puffed up Republican elites vs the common people....

Return to “All Politics”