Brexit News

The place to discuss political issues.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: Brexit News

Postby Generous_J » Wed Nov 08, 2:52 pm

Banks wrote:You guys aren't done with this yet?

This shit won't be over for some time yet. Thanks Britain.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Tue Nov 14, 7:59 pm

Seems to me Britain should get out of the EU as fast as possible, or as these guys suggest turn your bank accounts into gold.

Gold Core wrote:It is the ‘opinion of the European Central Bank’ that the deposit protection scheme is no longer necessary:

‘covered deposits and claims under investor compensation schemes should be replaced by limited discretionary exemptions to be granted by the competent authority in order to retain a degree of flexibility.’

To translate the legalese jargon of the ECB bureaucrats this could mean that the current €100,000 (£85,000) deposit level currently protected in the event of a bail-in may soon be no more.

But worry not fellow savers as the ECB is fully aware of the uproar this may cause so they have been kind enough to propose that:

“…during a transitional period, depositors should have access to an appropriate amount of their covered deposits to cover the cost of living within five working days of a request.”

They haven't announced draconian measures such as this in the US yet, but then most of it's depositors have guns!

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Wed Nov 15, 12:08 am

Fake news

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Sat Nov 18, 12:07 pm

This paper has the highest circulation of any paper in Britain. Stay classy.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4940971/i ... d-grow-up/

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Sat Nov 18, 8:34 pm

Generous_J wrote:This paper has the highest circulation of any paper in Britain. Stay classy.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4940971/i ... d-grow-up/

What's your opinion on the secondary article “minimum alcohol pricing”, would it help in reducing the massive puddles of vomit around Temple Bar?

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Sun Nov 19, 1:03 am

according to this . goldman sachs ceo is calling for a second vote on brexit . a nyc boy no less .
https://www.yahoo.com/news/goldman-ceo- ... 27091.html

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Fri Dec 08, 6:06 pm

chigusa wrote:fucking hell, des. is that really what you think? that juncker wants an army and that he's going to use it to stamp out opposition to his European plans?
if you are correct then what good does leaving do us? a dirty great euro-force could pretty much just stroll across the channel and do what the fuck it likes. who's going to stop them? a few daft old men? the standing army? certainly not the young men and women who would make up any conscript army. most of them want to stay in Europe and wouldn't make the slightest effort to save the dreams of senile fools.
it's all moot anyway, brexit isn't going to happen. you know that.

on a side note, des, do you find it easier to remember details of your childhood than stuff that happened yesterday?

Isn't going to happen, my arse!

It's all o'er, bar the shouting!

Peace, Des.

kiwi_in_Oz
super power poster
super power poster

Postby kiwi_in_Oz » Fri Dec 08, 9:26 pm

Want do you think about handing over 40 billion des ?

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Fri Dec 08, 9:38 pm

kiwi_in_Oz wrote:Want do you think about handing over 40 billion des ?

At the moment it looks like they are aiming to 'leave the EU' but then maintain 'regulatory alignment' (mirroring EU laws) to maintain trade etc. I'm not sure the EU can accept that as you cannot be in the single market without accepting free movement, a 'red line'.

At the moment it looks like the UK are leaving the EU so they pay €50m, keep the same rules, but not have a say. That's what it looks like anyway.

One things for sure and that is that there is no coherent strategy at all. That Phase 1 deal was barely cobbled together in the last few days by a frantic May.

That the UK appear to have (a) commisiomed no impact assessments on Brexit (Davis lied about this), and (b) had no desired outcome in mind is simply mind boggling.

I always knew it would be a disaster but it's gotten more ridiculous than I expected. Thats from a UK perspective - I feel sorry for the ordinary person there as things are going to get much worse before they get better.

From an Irish perspective, our politicians did a good job, maintained their dignity and composure and secured our objectives in terms of (a) no border, (b) protect Good Friday Agreement, (c) Maintain CTA

kiwi_in_Oz
super power poster
super power poster

Postby kiwi_in_Oz » Fri Dec 08, 9:43 pm

What is cta ?

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Fri Dec 08, 9:50 pm

Common travel area between Ireland and UK. Allows people from either country to live in either country and enjoy rights as though they were a citizen.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Fri Dec 08, 9:52 pm

Another implication of the deal signed is that it maintains thw GFA. The GFA allows that should a poll be called, the population of NI can take a vote to decide if they want a United Ireland. If there is a hard Brexit and the North goes to shit, a United Ireland is highly likely. A poll today showed 57.8% of people wote vote for a UI in that scenario.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Fri Dec 08, 9:56 pm

Seems like small change to me? We bung corrupt dictators 12 billion a year in 'foreign aid' so they can drive round in gold plated Rollers while their people starve to death!

At least the EU pay off will benefit the British taxpayer in the long run!

Peace, Des.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Fri Dec 08, 9:59 pm

Generous_J wrote:Common travel area between Ireland and UK. Allows people from either country to live in either country and enjoy rights as though they were a citizen.

Sweet! ... I'll come and live next door to you if things turn out as badly as you envisage! LOL!

Peace, Des.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Fri Dec 08, 10:00 pm

des wrote:
Generous_J wrote:Common travel area between Ireland and UK. Allows people from either country to live in either country and enjoy rights as though they were a citizen.

Sweet! ... I'll come and live next door to you if things turn out as badly as you envisage! LOL!

Peace, Des.

Haha. It's a good safety net.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Fri Dec 08, 10:09 pm

No offence but it's really ridiculous from our perspective when we can see that so many of your politicians are woefully misinformed on/ ignorant of things like NI, the border, the GFA, the CTA etc.

I've been following this extremely closely and there is a real lack of knowledge or understanding. The red lines etc. that the Tory Backbenchers keep throwing out there are totally separated from reality.

It's also interesting that the DUP almost brought the whole pack of cards tumbling down. For May to go into a confidence and supply agreement with them was contemptible, and possibly a breach of the GFA. The DUP are really a backward group of cretins.

Anyway, I'm sure we're all relieved we can have a breather on this. It's been quite an ordeal. Only problem is that there is only a year for the Phase 2 trade negotiations etc. and these Phase 1 negotiations will have been a piece of cake in comparison.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Fri Dec 08, 11:32 pm

Generous_J wrote:No offence but it's really ridiculous from our perspective when we can see that so many of your politicians are woefully misinformed on/ ignorant of things like NI, the border, the GFA, the CTA etc.

I've been following this extremely closely and there is a real lack of knowledge or understanding. The red lines etc. that the Tory Backbenchers keep throwing out there are totally separated from reality.

It's also interesting that the DUP almost brought the whole pack of cards tumbling down. For May to go into a confidence and supply agreement with them was contemptible, and possibly a breach of the GFA. The DUP are really a backward group of cretins.

Anyway, I'm sure we're all relieved we can have a breather on this. It's been quite an ordeal. Only problem is that there is only a year for the Phase 2 trade negotiations etc. and these Phase 1 negotiations will have been a piece of cake in comparison.

I've been confident all along that we'll get a good deal! ... It's in everyone's best interest that the UK continues to thrive!

Peace, Des.

Swin
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Swin » Sat Dec 09, 1:22 pm

Generous_J wrote:Another implication of the deal signed is that it maintains thw GFA. The GFA allows that should a poll be called, the population of NI can take a vote to decide if they want a United Ireland. If there is a hard Brexit and the North goes to shit, a United Ireland is highly likely. A poll today showed 57.8% of people wote vote for a UI in that scenario.

UI ? Never!

57.8% and fuck the 42.2% I suppose?

Re-instate the border controls asap!

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Sun Dec 10, 3:08 am

Swin wrote:
Generous_J wrote:Another implication of the deal signed is that it maintains thw GFA. The GFA allows that should a poll be called, the population of NI can take a vote to decide if they want a United Ireland. If there is a hard Brexit and the North goes to shit, a United Ireland is highly likely. A poll today showed 57.8% of people wote vote for a UI in that scenario.

UI ? Never!

lol. It's inevitable.

Ireland will actually be more influential than Britain soon (if not already). The only English speaking nation in the EU.

uk*bag*lady
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby uk*bag*lady » Sun Dec 10, 8:25 am

Generous_J wrote:
Swin wrote:

UI ? Never!

lol. It's inevitable.

Ireland will actually be more influential than Britain soon (if not already). The only English speaking nation in the EU.

The official language of Malta is English too.

:-)

kiwi_in_Oz
super power poster
super power poster

Postby kiwi_in_Oz » Sun Dec 10, 9:07 am

Generous_J wrote:
Swin wrote:

UI ? Never!

lol. It's inevitable.

and probably, more importantly, on the rugby field as well

Swin
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Swin » Sun Dec 10, 1:16 pm

Generous_J wrote:The only English speaking nation in the EU.

You call that English? Belfast English I can cope with but in the south?

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Mon Dec 11, 12:53 pm

Swin wrote:

That's cute. I note you don't have anything of substance to contribute. Take care.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Mon Dec 11, 6:29 pm

Swin wrote:

I'm quite partial to a soft Irish brogue! ... I always think people from Norn Iron are about to attack me!

Peace, Des.

Swin
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Swin » Mon Dec 11, 8:39 pm

Generous_J wrote: I note you don't have anything of substance to contribute. Take care.

Following your lead son. As for taking care, do I need to?

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Mon Dec 11, 11:18 pm

Swin wrote:
Generous_J wrote: I note you don't have anything of substance to contribute. Take care.

Following your lead son.

Ive been discussing the various elements of Brexit and Brexit news for quite some time here, you just pop in with some flippant remark.

Swin wrote:As for taking care, do I need to?

Probably. You seem like a right dozy cunt. I'd say you'd be likely to trip over your own feet if you werent careful.

boneymaroni
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby boneymaroni » Tue Dec 12, 4:14 am

Swin doesn't like Irish folks.....I've noticed that over the years

kiwi_in_Oz
super power poster
super power poster

Postby kiwi_in_Oz » Tue Dec 12, 7:32 pm

Des mate I was wrong you should leave the EU

I’ve just arrived in Scotland and it’s a disgrace kiwis and ozzies have to suffer in the non EU line.

When you leave the EU can you please sort it so countries who fought with you and play cricket and rugby should be given preference from countries like Germany and Italy that fought against you.

I’m pretty sure I saw hitlers grandchild walk straight in via the EU line while I suffered in a long slow service line.

There wasn’t even a whisky available while I waited.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Thu Dec 14, 4:18 am

kiwi_in_Oz wrote:Des mate I was wrong you should leave the EU

I’ve just arrived in Scotland and it’s a disgrace kiwis and ozzies have to suffer in the non EU line.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Sat Dec 16, 12:37 am

des wrote:

Seems like small change to me?

It's almost worth the ungreased cock up the shitter everyone in Britain is going to get post-Brexit to see mouth-breathing bell-ends like this trying desperately to pretend that getting fucked up the arse while the rest of the world looks on in bemused amazement is what they wanted all along, and that they're actually loving the sensation.

Return to “All Politics”