Brexit News

The place to discuss political issues.

User avatar
des
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 11195
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 12:36 am
Location: The Red Rose County

Re: Brexit News

Postby des » Mon Oct 02, 11:28 am

Not a fuckin' peep out of Juncker's despite scenes in Catalonia reminiscent of Nazi Germany in the 1930s ...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... -crackdown

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/861 ... nce-police

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10 ... -violence/

The cunt's silence speaks volumes!


Peace, Des.

User avatar
des
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 11195
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 12:36 am
Location: The Red Rose County

Re: Brexit News

Postby des » Mon Oct 02, 11:43 am

chigusa wrote:fucking hell, des. is that really what you think? that juncker wants an army and that he's going to use it to stamp out opposition to his European plans?
if you are correct then what good does leaving do us? a dirty great euro-force could pretty much just stroll across the channel and do what the fuck it likes. who's going to stop them? a few daft old men? the standing army? certainly not the young men and women who would make up any conscript army. most of them want to stay in Europe and wouldn't make the slightest effort to save the dreams of senile fools.
it's all moot anyway, brexit isn't going to happen. you know that.

on a side note, des, do you find it easier to remember details of your childhood than stuff that happened yesterday?


He's upfront about his plans for an EU army! ... Don't you watch the news?

Peace, Des.

p.s. You're going to look a humongous cunt when Brexit goes ahead! The only pro-EU party at the last election got its nose rubbed in the shit!

User avatar
Swin
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1369
Joined: Sun May 20, 8:37 pm
Location: Gollem Raamsteeg

Re: Brexit News

Postby Swin » Mon Oct 02, 11:49 am

Generous_J wrote:
Swin wrote:She's fucking Japanese for fucks sake - which part of Europe is that?

We might be stuck with letting every bastard from EU countries in but do we have to put up with all their wives, families et al as well!


I guess you actually aren't joking? That makes you a massive cunt.



Too fucking right I'm not joking. Would write more but I have to go down the garden and try to shut up the fucking noisy Iraqi kids who live at the back

User avatar
chigusa
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4576
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 10:34 am
Location: with his mouth full of teddies, jumbo's urinating seems defiant.

Re: Brexit News

Postby chigusa » Mon Oct 02, 12:00 pm

des wrote:
He's upfront about his plans for an EU army! ... Don't you watch the news?

Peace, Des.

p.s. You're going to look a humongous cunt when Brexit goes ahead! The only pro-EU party at the last election got its nose rubbed in the shit!


an eu army is not the same thing as juncker having his own army. i'm all for an eu army. why not?
it's the tories who will stop brexit. another couple of years and then another vote. all the leavers will be dead or being looked after somewhere and the nations decision will be to stay.

User avatar
chigusa
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4576
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 10:34 am
Location: with his mouth full of teddies, jumbo's urinating seems defiant.

Re: Brexit News

Postby chigusa » Mon Oct 02, 12:03 pm

Swin wrote:
Too fucking right I'm not joking. Would write more but I have to go down the garden and try to shut up the fucking noisy Iraqi kids who live at the back


would you go down to shut them up if they were English kids? if so, why is it important that we know they are Iraqi?

User avatar
des
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 11195
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 12:36 am
Location: The Red Rose County

Re: Brexit News

Postby des » Mon Oct 02, 12:37 pm

chigusa wrote:
des wrote:
He's upfront about his plans for an EU army! ... Don't you watch the news?

Peace, Des.

p.s. You're going to look a humongous cunt when Brexit goes ahead! The only pro-EU party at the last election got its nose rubbed in the shit!


an eu army is not the same thing as juncker having his own army. i'm all for an eu army. why not?
it's the tories who will stop brexit. another couple of years and then another vote. all the leavers will be dead or being looked after somewhere and the nations decision will be to stay.


You're talking out of your arse! ... If there was another referendum tomorrow, the country would vote for Brexit again by a far greater majority!

If you want to cling to the fantasy that it ain't gonna happen, be my guest! ... It's no skin off my nose!


Peace, Des.

User avatar
Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5956
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 6:10 pm
Location: Tír na nÓg
Contact:

Re: Brexit News

Postby Generous_J » Mon Oct 02, 1:26 pm

Youve lost it Des. This is a Spanish issue.

User avatar
Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5956
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 6:10 pm
Location: Tír na nÓg
Contact:

Re: Brexit News

Postby Generous_J » Mon Oct 02, 1:43 pm

Theresa May denied Sturgeon a second referendum on Scottish independence. Is that Junckers fault too?

May said that Britain needs to stick together. The same view the Spanish government hold. Something the EU believe in too.

You are blinded by your wild hatred for the EU and are really showing ignorance on the issue.

Soon you will have your glorious little Britain anyway. Fucking over people left and right as you go. Demanding everything and contributing nothing. Led by a bunch of incompetents.

User avatar
des
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 11195
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 12:36 am
Location: The Red Rose County

Re: Brexit News

Postby des » Mon Oct 02, 3:26 pm

Generous_J wrote:May said that Britain needs to stick together. The same view the Spanish government hold. Something the EU believe in too.


Stick together, or get smacked round the head with a lead lined riot baton or shot in the face with a rubber bullet?

No thanks! ... I'll pass!


Peace, Des.

User avatar
Swin
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1369
Joined: Sun May 20, 8:37 pm
Location: Gollem Raamsteeg

Re: Brexit News

Postby Swin » Mon Oct 02, 6:42 pm

chigusa wrote:
Swin wrote:
Too fucking right I'm not joking. Would write more but I have to go down the garden and try to shut up the fucking noisy Iraqi kids who live at the back


would you go down to shut them up if they were English kids? if so, why is it important that we know they are Iraqi?


Cos they're waving black flags with squiddly bits on and shooting every fucker and if they were Brits they'd just be kicking a football against my fence and shagging

User avatar
Lazy stones
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1621
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 10:18 am
Location: Snotland (Northern Churchillian Cockroatch)

Re: Brexit News

Postby Lazy stones » Tue Oct 03, 1:11 pm

Generous_J wrote:

Soon you will have your glorious little Britain anyway. Fucking over people left and right as you go. Demanding everything and contributing nothing. Led by a bunch of incompetents.


Absolutely this! But I'll be stuck in it.

User avatar
des
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 11195
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 12:36 am
Location: The Red Rose County

Re: Brexit News

Postby des » Tue Oct 03, 1:15 pm

Lazy stones wrote:
Generous_J wrote:

Soon you will have your glorious little Britain anyway. Fucking over people left and right as you go. Demanding everything and contributing nothing. Led by a bunch of incompetents.


Absolutely this! But I'll be stuck in it.


You had your chance to bail ... and bottled it!

Peace, Des.

User avatar
Lazy stones
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1621
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 10:18 am
Location: Snotland (Northern Churchillian Cockroatch)

Re: Brexit News

Postby Lazy stones » Tue Oct 03, 3:29 pm

No it was the old gits trying to protect their pensions but now regretting how they voted.

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15306
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Brexit News

Postby Dazzler » Thu Oct 05, 9:48 am

des wrote:
Dazzler wrote:Des, even The Daily Mail isn't saying this. If you have evidence of EU interference in Spanish regional politics, you should take it to a national newspaper. Otherwise, you should probably just give this up now because you're looking increasingly desperate.


"There's none so blind as those who will not see!"

Wait till Juncker's got control of his own private army! ... There'll be 'ead getting smacked left right and centre!

Never mind though, eh Daz! ... You get back in lockstep on your march to a new Fascist regime!


Peace, Des.


Yeah. You’ve got your hate figure and you’re not letting go are you? Never mind the job-hours lost as firms migrate to an EU country. Never mind the huge leaps in cost of living because of the weak pound even as wages fall. You want to see your bogeyman - Juncker, a man who you’d never heard of until you saw his name in a Sun headline and of whose powers and responsibilities you are entirely ignorant- burned in effigy because you’re already bored of your three-decade retirement, you want to watch the world burn and you don’t think the consequences will affect you.

Think on.

User avatar
des
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 11195
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 12:36 am
Location: The Red Rose County

Re: Brexit News

Postby des » Thu Oct 05, 3:00 pm

Dazzler wrote:
des wrote:
Dazzler wrote:Des, even The Daily Mail isn't saying this. If you have evidence of EU interference in Spanish regional politics, you should take it to a national newspaper. Otherwise, you should probably just give this up now because you're looking increasingly desperate.


"There's none so blind as those who will not see!"

Wait till Juncker's got control of his own private army! ... There'll be 'ead getting smacked left right and centre!

Never mind though, eh Daz! ... You get back in lockstep on your march to a new Fascist regime!


Peace, Des.


Yeah. You’ve got your hate figure and you’re not letting go are you? Never mind the job-hours lost as firms migrate to an EU country. Never mind the huge leaps in cost of living because of the weak pound even as wages fall. You want to see your bogeyman - Juncker, a man who you’d never heard of until you saw his name in a Sun headline and of whose powers and responsibilities you are entirely ignorant- burned in effigy because you’re already bored of your three-decade retirement, you want to watch the world burn and you don’t think the consequences will affect you.

Think on.


I've heard all this before! The doom mongers predicted the country was about to go tits up when we fell out of the European ERM!

If you recall, it turned out just the opposite as the weak pound led to the economic boom of the 90s!

I don't wish the EU ill! ... My pension is paid by a large multi-national company based in France!

I'm just not prepared to be ruled by a bunch of corrupt unelected bureaucrats who don't have my best interests at heart!


Peace, Des.

User avatar
Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5956
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 6:10 pm
Location: Tír na nÓg
Contact:

Re: Brexit News

Postby Generous_J » Fri Oct 06, 1:01 am

I was really close to just not responding to this because you seem to be massively blinkered on the subject and I feel it goes in one ear and out the other. This is something of a rambling post but i'm just going to vomit it out here and fuck it...

You keep on going on about 'unelected bureaucrats' when it is demonstrably untrue that they are unelected. Bureaucrats maybe, but every government needs their share to govern.

Either way, the reality is that the UK government is in a shambles. May is desperately clinging on to power, with a really rotten cabinet around her with such prizewinners as Johnson (foreign minister! lolol), Davis (brexit minister!), and Gove (lying piece of shit). All of whom want to be PM but just need to figure out who to fuck over and when to fuck them.

The worst part is this house of cards is being held up by thr DUP in parliament. A party most in England where wholly unaware of. Probably because they are from Northern Ireland, somewhere that wasnt mentioned in the Brexit debate at all, despite an ongoing peace process there. The DUP are a hateful, ignorant shower of bastards and the Tories - who seemingly have no shame - should be ashamed to be in league with them.

Nonetheless, this government has no cohesion whatsoever. No unified message and no idea what they want from Brexit, for the glorious free Britain. May and the cabinet keep on making speeches. Florence, Manchester, whatever. What are they actually saying? Buzzwords.

They are trying to all be tough Margaret Thatcher and Winston Churchill cockroaches, but the reality is that they are in a weak position, fighting a losing argument, and they are becoming weaker over time.

Now they want a two year transition? Are you happy with that? I thought Brexit means Brexit?

I argue that most sensible people realise the vote was a big mistake. The margin was .very close. I think many who voted to leave have since changed their minds.

Look at the information the public had at their disposal when taking the vote for ffs. People just got carried away on a wave of patriotic fervour, but it's all nonsense. 'Unelected bureaucrats'. You should be wondering about the English bureaucrats, because the EU ones are a damn sight more efficient and good at their jobs. Most people remain uninformed though. Juncker? You're having a laugh.

You didnt even have a referendum commission for the single most important vote in eons! Misinformation everywhere. Farage and his lies. Boris and his lies. May wasnt even for Brexit. We have a referendum commision for every vote. They set a website listing both arguments based on facts . They run tv ads, radio ads and send leaflets to every house. It is well researched and looks at outcomes and eventualities, something that evidently was not done for Brexit, which is truly staggeringly incompetent.

So far the new Britain is seeing:

* The pound being hammered, and will go to parity or below the Euro.

* Business' in the city relocating abroad. Swathes of Wales and farming regions losing subsidies.

* Brain drain as skilled foreign workers (the only ones Britain will let in now) are leaving. They dont like the new Britain and the way they and others are beimg treated.

* The home office threatening all the foreignors with deportation through impersonal letters in the post.

After Brexit:

* largely keep the same body of law, in line with EU

* probably still defer to European court of Justice.

* may drop some standards on food production, other production. (Cheap labour for this can't immigrate in).

* Unhappiness in Scotland, who overwhelmingly wanted to stay in the EU. Will seek independence again.

* Problems in NI, potential risk to GF agreement.

* Depression in swathes of Wales and North East.

* smaller budget in line with economic performance. Higher taxes? Less public services?

* Need new trading agreements. Will be worse than present

* loss of much collobarative cross functional efforts: medical, scientific research, academia etc.

* Damage to foreign relations, not just at governmental level.

You know the way some people laughed at Americans for having voted for Bush and Trump? The way you can't understand their stupid (gun) laws? Yeah, well that is how people are looking at this new Britain - what the fuck are you jokers doing?

It's tragic, the whole thing.

Britain had a strong voice in the EU and had some pretty nice unique deals too. Most countries sent serious, constructive politicans to work in the EU parliament, UK sent Farage. Instead of trying to improve it from within, and be progressive, you've had a little tantrum and thrown the baby out with the bathwater.

You might think I am anti-British or whatever (i've been accused of this before) but quite the contrary. Yes, I am vocal about this because it affects Ireland, but also it pains me to see what is happening to Britain. You have fucked it up badly.

The Brexit result was the biggest shock I have ever had in a political sense. I stayed up all night watching it and was literally in a state of shock for a solid week afterward.

User avatar
des
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 11195
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 12:36 am
Location: The Red Rose County

Re: Brexit News

Postby des » Fri Oct 06, 1:34 pm

Brexit isn't perfect, but it was the only option for those of us opposed to a Federal Europe!

If you want someone to blame, blame the arrogant cunts who thought they could ride roughshod over public opinion and get away with it!

By the way, I don't know a single person who voted Brexit who has changed their mind! ... If anything, their position has hardened!


Peace, Des.

User avatar
Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5991
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 7:43 pm
Location: Outside the Box

Re: Brexit News

Postby Rudy » Fri Oct 06, 2:34 pm

Generous_J wrote:
. . . in one ear and out the other.


User avatar
des
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 11195
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 12:36 am
Location: The Red Rose County

Re: Brexit News

Postby des » Fri Oct 06, 5:30 pm

Rudy wrote:
Generous_J wrote:
. . . in one ear and out the other.



It's pointless debating it! ... It's happening no matter how much the Remoaners wish it weren't so!

Peace, Des.

User avatar
Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5956
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 6:10 pm
Location: Tír na nÓg
Contact:

Re: Brexit News

Postby Generous_J » Fri Oct 06, 8:47 pm

des wrote:Brexit isn't perfect, but it was the only option for those of us opposed to a Federal Europe!


Ok Des, you've finally made a substantive point. I do agree that this is a possible endgame, and something I envision as the logical next step.

That said, there are many in the EU who also do not want this and it simply could not be pushed through now.

Again though, I emphasise that the UK could have taken a leadership role.

Also, 'Brexit is going to happen anyway' is still a little bit of a nothing thing to say when:

a) That is not neccesarily the case and,
b) that matters not when the implementation of, and vision for Brexit has to be more deeply considered.

You have not addressed any of the multitude of issues I raised pertaining to Brexit. And that was only what I dreamed up when half cut.

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15306
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Brexit News

Postby Dazzler » Fri Oct 06, 9:53 pm

des wrote:Brexit isn't perfect, but it was the only option for those of us opposed to a Federal Europe!


Peace, Des.


Are you saying that Britain leaving the EU will make a ‘Federal EU’ less likely?

User avatar
des
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 11195
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 12:36 am
Location: The Red Rose County

Re: Brexit News

Postby des » Sat Oct 07, 12:00 am

Dazzler wrote:
des wrote:Brexit isn't perfect, but it was the only option for those of us opposed to a Federal Europe!


Peace, Des.


Are you saying that Britain leaving the EU will make a ‘Federal EU’ less likely?


No! ... I'm saying it's inevitable, but at least we won't be part of it!

Peace, Des.

User avatar
Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15958
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 12:30 am
Location: "Hiding my leg from the humpers"

Re: Brexit News

Postby Bohannon » Sat Oct 07, 1:27 pm

England won't be part of much of anything I fear.

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15306
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Brexit News

Postby Dazzler » Sat Oct 07, 9:26 pm

des wrote:
Dazzler wrote:
des wrote:Brexit isn't perfect, but it was the only option for those of us opposed to a Federal Europe!


Peace, Des.


Are you saying that Britain leaving the EU will make a ‘Federal EU’ less likely?


No! ... I'm saying it's inevitable, but at least we won't be part of it!

Peace, Des.


What’s a Federal Europe? How does it differ from the Eurozone as it stands?

User avatar
des
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 11195
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 12:36 am
Location: The Red Rose County

Re: Brexit News

Postby des » Sun Oct 08, 12:48 am

Dazzler wrote:
des wrote:
Dazzler wrote:
des wrote:Brexit isn't perfect, but it was the only option for those of us opposed to a Federal Europe!


Peace, Des.


Are you saying that Britain leaving the EU will make a ‘Federal EU’ less likely?


No! ... I'm saying it's inevitable, but at least we won't be part of it!

Peace, Des.


What’s a Federal Europe? How does it differ from the Eurozone as it stands?


From The Guardian ...

"The commission president and former prime minister of Luxembourg, insisted the bloc should seize the moment to make widespread reforms. “As Mark Twain wrote, years from now we will be more disappointed by the things we did not do, than by the ones we did,” he said.

Juncker proposed more help for all EU countries to join the euro, so that it could be truly “the single currency of the European Union”, along with a wide range of institutional changes, including the creation of an EU finance minister and the widening of the Schengen area, in which passport-free travel is allowed.

In a call for the presidencies of the European commission and the European council, the body comprising the member states’ leaders, to be combined and directly elected in the future, Juncker said the EU needed to be more flexible and streamlined. “Europe would be easier to understand if one captain was steering the ship,” he said.

He also put his weight behind calls for the European parliament seats previously held by British MEPs to be elected on a transnational basis.

Juncker added that the council should adopt qualified majority voting, rather than unanimity, on foreign policy issues and drive forward in European defence. “By 2025 we need a fully-fledged European defence union,” he said. “We need it. And Nato wants it.



One Captain steering the ship? LOL! ... I wonder who that could be?

The council should adopt qualified majority voting, rather than unanimity, on foreign policy issues! ... So that would be the power of veto gone and the new 'Captain' would be able to impose his will, by force if necessary! After all, it wouldn't be foreign military forces smacking you round the fuckin' head to enforce unpopular policies! ... It would be Juncker's New Model Army! Your Army!


Peace, Des.

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15306
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Brexit News

Postby Dazzler » Mon Oct 09, 2:38 pm

What would it take to change your mind about Brexit?

User avatar
des
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 11195
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 12:36 am
Location: The Red Rose County

Re: Brexit News

Postby des » Mon Oct 09, 3:07 pm

Dazzler wrote:What would it take to change your mind about Brexit?


For the march towards a federal Europe to be stopped! ... I was happy to be part of a trading bloc, but Juncker and his cronies are hell-bent on forcing their agenda through no matter what!

He shrugged off the Brexit vote and the fact that one third of the French electorate voted for a Nazi party in protest with a fuckin' 'Meh!'

His latest speech in September proves he's learned nothing!


Peace, Des.

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15306
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Brexit News

Postby Dazzler » Mon Oct 09, 5:12 pm

What do you mean 'part of a trading bloc'? That's what we're in, and we have a very favourable position in it.

User avatar
des
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 11195
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 12:36 am
Location: The Red Rose County

Re: Brexit News

Postby des » Mon Oct 09, 7:33 pm

Dazzler wrote:What do you mean 'part of a trading bloc'? That's what we're in, and we have a very favourable position in it.



You're either being deliberately obtuse or genuinely thicker than pigshit if you don't know the difference between a trading bloc and what the EU has become!

Peace, Des.

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15306
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Brexit News

Postby Dazzler » Mon Oct 09, 8:13 pm

So, tell me what the difference is. No link-spamming. Just tell me.


Return to “All Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests