Cornbread Thread

The place to discuss political issues.

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: Cornbread Thread

Postby NewYork, New York » Tue Jul 26, 4:41 pm

Lazy stones wrote:And NYNY I say again that the majority of people killed in my country by terrorist attacks were killed by Christian(mainly catholic) murderers.

Don't have any idea what this has to do with the DAILY reports of Muslim terrorist acts.

The latest involves the slitting of the throat of a priest inside of a church in France.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Tue Jul 26, 5:44 pm

NewYork, New York wrote:
Lazy stones wrote:And NYNY I say again that the majority of people killed in my country by terrorist attacks were killed by Christian(mainly catholic) murderers.

Don't have any idea what this has to do with the DAILY reports of Muslim terrorist acts.

Hate to have to explain this to you, but it means that Christian terrorists have done far more murders in Britain than Muslim ones have. The inescapable conclusion is that Christianity is more violent than Islam.

Lazy stones
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Lazy stones » Tue Jul 26, 6:55 pm

Exactly. And also funded a lot by the American people, New Yorkers in particular were large contributors to Noraid

boneymaroni
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby boneymaroni » Wed Jul 27, 3:48 am

Lazy stones wrote:Exactly. And also funded a lot by the American people, New Yorkers in particular were large contributors to Noraid

I always gave freely when the bucket was passed....we knew we were supporting the IRA...what's your beef?

Lazy stones
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Lazy stones » Wed Jul 27, 8:39 am

Your money helped to murder my fellow countrymen.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Wed Jul 27, 9:19 am

boneymaroni wrote:
Lazy stones wrote:Exactly. And also funded a lot by the American people, New Yorkers in particular were large contributors to Noraid

I always gave freely when the bucket was passed....we knew we were supporting the IRA...what's your beef?

Your money paid for arms that were used to murder innocent men, women and children. If you did it today, you'd be in violation of anti-terror law for funding terrorism and would be subject to invasive surveillance, potential freezing of your accounts and summary imprisonment without trial. is this something of which you are proud?

If I told you I was an enthusiastic supporter of al-Qaeda\ISIS\whatever-the-fuck-they're-calling-themselves-these-days and regularly gave them money, you probably wouldn't be too happy would you?

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Wed Jul 27, 5:45 pm

Lazy stones wrote:I say again that the majority of people killed in my country by terrorist attacks were killed by Christian(mainly catholic) murderers.

Indeed, those pesky Catholics after living under 300 years of Penal Laws which attempted to force them to convert to the state established religion got a little tumultuous.
Even after the laws were finally abolished in 1920 the occupying British Authority in Ireland continue to use them institutionally if not legally.
Giving carte blanche absolution to the British government, the Church of England or the Church of Ireland is intellectually dishonest and odious.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Wed Jul 27, 6:18 pm

Cali Guy wrote:
Lazy stones wrote:I say again that the majority of people killed in my country by terrorist attacks were killed by Christian(mainly catholic) murderers.

Indeed, those pesky Catholics after living under 300 years of Penal Laws which attempted to force them to convert to the state established religion got a little tumultuous.
Even after the laws were finally abolished in 1920 the occupying British Authority in Ireland continue to use them institutionally if not legally.
Giving carte blanche absolution to the British government, the Church of England or the Church of Ireland is intellectually dishonest and odious.

Is it OK to blame the victims when the murderers are misty-eyed freedom fighters rather than brown people who talk funny and eat food with spices in it?

Want to talk about the millions of dead, displaced and starving people fucked up by 'coalition' bombing campaigns and how that might have motivated terrorist attacks in the US?

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Wed Jul 27, 6:46 pm

Dazzler wrote:Is it OK to blame the victims when the murderers are misty-eyed freedom fighters rather than brown people who talk funny and eat food with spices in it?

I have a deep compassion for and will stand with the “brown people who talk funny and eat food with spices in it” who suffered countless atrocities under the British Raj. Even though they don't meet your “misty-eyed freedom fighters” criteria.

moe.
super power poster
super power poster

Postby moe. » Wed Jul 27, 8:12 pm

So, getting back to cornbread, have any of you folks across the pond tried making any yet?

chichi123
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby chichi123 » Thu Jul 28, 7:18 am

Fuck I am so sick of cornbread.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Thu Jul 28, 2:47 pm

Well, sourdough will give you the uber-farts...

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Thu Jul 28, 3:15 pm

Rudy wrote:Well, sourdough will give you the uber-farts...

Not

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Thu Jul 28, 7:06 pm

Dazzler wrote:
NewYork, New York wrote:

Hate to have to explain this to you, but it means that Christian terrorists have done far more murders in Britain than Muslim ones have. The inescapable conclusion is that Christianity is more violent than Islam.

Numbers?

Never mind. I reread what you said. By qualifying this nonsense with the phrase "far more murders in Britain", I don't even care.
I care about how many people worldwide have been killed by Muslim terrorists.

I am also willing to bet you Brits killed thousands upon thousands more Irish than Brits were killed by the IRA.
Last edited by NewYork, New York on Thu Jul 28, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Thu Jul 28, 7:14 pm

Dazzler wrote:
Cali Guy wrote:

Is it OK to blame the victims when the murderers are misty-eyed freedom fighters rather than brown people who talk funny and eat food with spices in it?

Want to talk about the millions of dead, displaced and starving people fucked up by 'coalition' bombing campaigns and how that might have motivated terrorist attacks in the US?

If you want to dredge up the past, lets not forget the death and destruction of millions of people and dozens of cultures by the world Famous British Empire. India, China, Africa, the Americas.

You are making excuses that invite Islamic Terrorism. You must get a woody each time you read about the Islamic terrorists "avenging" the Crusades or some other past transgression.

The Islamic countries Iraq, Iran, Syria, Yemen, Saudi Arabia et al, all are intolerant societies ruled by despots, where the people have few if any of the freedoms we have in the West. But, of course, this has NOTHING to do with terrorism? The only reason for this terrorism is the big bad USA?

Get a grip. If the USA and Europe gave Israel back to the Arabs terrorism would continue to be a scourge on the earth.

Islamic terrorists hate us. They hate our culture. They hate our freedoms. They want to subjugate all women. They will not stop until they are killed.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Thu Jul 28, 7:18 pm

There you go.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/03 ... an-almost/

Pick the bones out of that cunt. I didn't really want to make a big thing of this: the IRA and their supporters has a genuine grievance. I understand what they did: I wouldn't have chosen to kill innocent people to pursue my goals but I understand why they did. And you can't say it didn't work.

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Thu Jul 28, 7:24 pm

I never contributed. Don't know any of my friends or relatives who did either.

As far as I know (or knew) the IRA of recent times was a criminal enterprise, not a revolutionary group.

Return to “All Politics”