What will happen when Free speech is suppressed?

The place to discuss political issues.

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: What will happen when Free speech is suppressed?

Postby NewYork, New York » Fri May 06, 5:52 pm

Rudy wrote:
I know a lot of what you post is not your own words or thoughts.
However, the words and sentences you do choose to compose are quite often arranged and compiled in
an objectionable manner. I am obviously giving you the reaction you so desperately desire, and a platform for you to
continue your poorly executed witch hunts. I would think you might show me a bit more appreciation.
I have already wasted way more time with you than I should have knowing you will probably NEVER concede a single point, shut the
fuck up, or try to play fair.

I do appreciate you in that I am so happy not to be you.
It must be terribly difficult to manage day to day with SO many challenges to your inalienable American rights and freedoms of thought and speech.

I do post articles with which I agree as well as stories I find unusual or outrageous.
Most of what I post is my opinion.

Witch hunts? I would call them topical subjects.

One thing, that particularly stands out is when you say I will never concede a single point and "try to play fair"?

I have never seen you concede squat. I also believe you don't know how to play fair. You only know how to call people racist, because you
don't like what they post. Which is lazy and stupid and quite immature of you.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Fri May 06, 7:04 pm

This is only a public service that I perform for those here too timid
or genteel to call you out on your propagandizing.
No thanks necessary.

Cali Guy
super poster
super poster

Postby Cali Guy » Fri May 06, 7:35 pm

Rudy wrote:This is only a public service that I perform for those here too timid
or genteel to call you out on your propagandizing.
No thanks necessary.

In spite of your humility you deserve a thank you for giving me a voice.

chigusa
mega power poster
mega power poster
Location: with his mouth full of teddies, jumbo's urinating seems defiant.

Postby chigusa » Fri May 06, 7:50 pm

yeah, i'm a bit fucking shy myself.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Fri May 06, 8:01 pm

God bless us. Everyone.

Red Pleb
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Red Pleb » Fri May 06, 8:04 pm

Sometimes , abject stupidity just isn't worth the effort of a response .

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Fri May 06, 8:43 pm

Red Pleb wrote:Sometimes , abject stupidity just isn't worth the effort of a response .

Chiming in. The British peanut gallery.

Abject stupidity is something you are very familiar with.
I have noted over the years, you never attack the thoughts or opinions stated, but
choose to attack the person instead.

Probably because you are incapable of putting together any kind of cogent response
other than insults. (Aka abjectly stupid)

Red Pleb
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Red Pleb » Fri May 06, 9:14 pm

NewYork, New York wrote:
Red Pleb wrote:Sometimes , abject stupidity just isn't worth the effort of a response .

I have noted over the years, you never attack the thoughts or opinions stated, but

Probably because you are incapable of putting together any kind of cogent response

Aw . And you were my bestest , most uptightest and straightest favourite on the whole of the world wide web .

Its the internet, not a fucking focus group you chod . Me thinks you're smarting 'cos you've made another cunt of yourself .

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Fri May 06, 9:32 pm

Even as we see NYNY complain and bicker about those different from him; and as we
prattle on about his shortcomings and obvious bias, I can feel the warm glow of Democracy coursing through my veins
and Free Speech alive in my fingertips and beating in my heart.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Fri May 06, 10:47 pm

We need a safe zone.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Sat May 07, 9:54 am

NewYork, New York wrote:

No, Norks, not 'people'. Just you. Because you're a bell-end.

chigusa
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby chigusa » Sat May 07, 10:20 am

NewYork, New York wrote:I have noted over the years, you never attack the thoughts or opinions stated, but

what about me? i've attacked your thoughts and opinions many times over the years, you can't deny that.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Sat May 07, 1:00 pm

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Sat May 07, 2:54 pm

NewYork, New York wrote:If any person or Group want to be welcomed into Western society, they must accept our values and way of life and freedoms.
Black lives Matter and Islamic Terrorism are both threats to free speech and liberty.
Just saying.

The ladies of West Point came out to show solidarity with the sisters out there NY NY. Are you actually saying that these outstanding cadets don't share our "values" and "way of life"........??

slither
super power poster
super power poster

Postby slither » Sat May 07, 2:58 pm

Cat wrote:
NewYork, New York wrote:If any person or Group want to be welcomed into Western society, they must accept our values and way of life and freedoms.
Black lives Matter and Islamic Terrorism are both threats to free speech and liberty.
Just saying.

The ladies of West Point came out to show solidarity with the sisters out there NY NY. Are you actually saying that these outstanding cadets don't share our "values" and "way of life"........??

NYNY your statement reeks of bigotry and xenophobia.

See? No ad hominem required.

You're welcome.

Slith

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Mon May 09, 3:15 pm

slither wrote:
Cat wrote:
Just saying.

You're welcome.

Slith

Specifically what was wrong with my statement?

Specifically please.

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Mon May 09, 3:17 pm

Red Pleb wrote:
NewYork, New York wrote:

Aw . And you were my bestest , most uptightest and straightest favourite on the whole of the world wide web .

Its the internet, not a fucking focus group you chod . Me thinks you're smarting 'cos you've made another cunt of yourself .

And you continue to be a dick, like many of your British brethren.

I am not smarting at all. I am quite content with what I posted. You and your ilk scream racism whenever anyone dares to question anything about Islam or groups such as Black lives Matter.

At the same time, you allow anyone to say what they please when it comes to criticizing the Jews, Israel, Catholics, the pope and Christians in general. You practice selective outrage. You should proudly wave the flag of hypocrisy and I am pretty sure you do.
Last edited by NewYork, New York on Mon May 09, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Mon May 09, 5:09 pm

*sniffy-snifferson*

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Mon May 09, 7:35 pm

Cat wrote:
Just saying.

If you read the entire article, you would know this group of women have violated the honor code at West Point.
They are not allowed to discuss or shown any official interest in any sort of politics.
They are there to get an education and then serve the country.

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Mon May 09, 7:46 pm

Now I know why I am receiving the responses I get from the Brits and their Yankee lapdogs
on this website regarding my comments about free speech.

Apparently the UK is experiencing (or experimenting?) limits upon free speech.
Read on:

Muslim Police Chief Says ‘Offending Culture, Religion And Tradition’ Not Protected As Free Speech

by LIAM DEACON9 May 2016519
A Muslim Police Chief Inspector for Greater Manchester has indicated that, according to his understanding, “Freedom of speech does not mean freedom of offending culture, religion or tradition”.

Chief Inspector Umer Khan made the statement on social media this weekend, and was immediately questioned by alarmed free speech campaigners.

He then apologised to those defending the right to be offensive for any “offence cause”, and argued that, “free speech should be used to promote tolerance & respect all.”

“[The statement regarding free speech] was a thought after a moving visit to Auschwitz”, he added.

When asked if Mr. Khan and the police force generally support the right to offend religious beliefs, the Greater Manchester Police press office told Breitbart London: “I don’t think we support anyone who would want to say anything offence[sic]”.

“It’s a storm in a tea cup… It’s about promoting tolerance, freedom of speech, that’s all he meant with it. He didn’t mean for it to be taken in an offensive way at all… it’s ironic, freedom of speech is what he’s now getting in trouble for”, the press office added.

A Greater Manchester Police Spokesperson added in an official statement: “A GMP Chief Inspector made a post on a personal Twitter account which has been taken out of context.

“He has apologised for any concern caused, which wasn’t the intention and has deleted the post.”

Speaking at the Jewish representative council of Greater Manchester last year, the senior Muslim police officer warned that religious tension was increasing in the city, and said police would tackle perceived “hate speech”.

“I am proud to be a police officer working in Greater Manchester and proud to be a Muslim. We all need to respect each other’s religions”, he said.

Continuing: “Sadly, what is happening in other parts of the world is now coming to impact on the streets of our local communities where we like to think there is supposed to be peace, harmony, respect and tolerance.

“Over the last few years I have seen an increase in tensions between different communities and there have been massive increases in hate crime [against both Muslims and Jews]”, he said.

To tackle the perceived “hate speech”, Mr. Khan explained how Greater Manchester Police have launch a ‘We Stand Together’ campaign, which has been promoted alongside a phone app to make reporting perceived “hate crimes” easier.

However, a writer at the Godless Spell Checker blog, which first reported Mr. Khan’s tweet, gave a well rehearsed argument for why “offending’” religion is important, and not always a “hate crime”.

“Of course, any thinking person knows that [offending dogma is] exactly what freedom of speech means. Speech can never truly be ‘free’ unless it includes the right to say things some people may not enjoy hearing.

“Indeed, the right to ‘blaspheme’, mock sacred cows and challenge taboos is what has led to progress in any civil society. The price for this has always been ‘offense’. And the great thing about ‘offense’ is that it’s cheap.

“By Umer Khan’s understanding, we are not free to offend people who endorse FGM, denigrate gay people as ‘sinners’ or think the appropriate punishment for adultery is death by stoning. It’s their ‘culture’, ‘tradition’ and ‘religion’ after all.”

Mr. Khan has been a police officer for more than twenty years, yet this re-interpretation of free speech comes at a time when British police are increasing their efforts to prosecute any “offensive” posts made on social media.

Just this week, a man from North Lanarkshire was arrested and detained for making a comedy video of his dog acting like a Nazi. According to the Daily Mail, police said the arrest should be a warning that videos which cause offence will not be tolerated.

In April this year, Glasgow Police threatened social media users, ordering them to be “kind” and not “hurtful” unless they wanted to “receive a visit… this weekend”.

The force also investigated the provocative conservative commentator Katie Hopkins for an “offensive” joke about a Scottish nurse being treated for Ebola.

In February this year, Scottish Police arrested a 41-year-old man under the Communications Act after receiving a report of a supposedly “offensive” comment made on Facebook regarding Syrian migrants.

chigusa
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby chigusa » Mon May 09, 11:27 pm

it's like shez never died.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Tue May 10, 3:45 am

Yeah. Despite Britain already having several laws limiting free speech - and no constitutional right to it - Norks only gets irate when a 'Muslim police chief' pipes up like a twat, amped up from a recent visit to a death camp.

Shall we tell him about The Daily Mail or shall we let him spool out a bit more rope first?

Red Pleb
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Red Pleb » Tue May 10, 7:47 am

Oooo. New Yuk bandying accusations of ' selective outrage ' . Fucking priceless .

slither
super power poster
super power poster

Postby slither » Tue May 10, 11:12 am

NewYork, New York wrote:
slither wrote:
Cat wrote:
NewYork, New York wrote: If any person or Group want to be welcomed into Western society, they must accept our values and way of life and freedoms.
Just saying.

You're welcome.

Slith

Specifically what was wrong with my statement?

Specifically please.

LMAO.

NewYork wrote:Now I know why I am receiving the responses I get from the Brits and their Yankee lapdogs
on this website regarding my comments about free speech.

NewYork, New York wrote:I do post articles with which I agree as well as stories I find unusual or outrageous.
Most of what I post is my opinion.

(Facepalm)

New York wrote:Abject stupidity is something you are very familiar with.

New York wrote:
And you continue to be a dick, like many of your British brethren.

I am not smarting at all. I am quite content with what I posted. You and your ilk scream racism whenever anyone dares to question anything about Islam or groups such as Black lives Matter.

At the same time, you allow anyone to say what they please when it comes to criticizing the Jews, Israel, Catholics, the pope and Christians in general. You practice selective outrage. You should proudly wave the flag of hypocrisy and I am pretty sure you do.

Some light for your darkness:

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/bigotry
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/bigotry
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bigot

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/xenophobia
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/xenophobe

You're welcome.

Cheers.

Slith

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Tue May 10, 4:41 pm

Red Pleb wrote:Oooo. New Yuk bandying accusations of ' selective outrage ' . Fucking priceless .

Sorry, but you and your ilk cornered the market on selective outrage a long time ago Rudey.

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Tue May 10, 4:44 pm

Lazy. Stupid. Irrelevant. Typical. I asked for specifics and you answer with general BS?
Epic fail.

I figured you weren't up to it.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Tue May 10, 4:57 pm

NewYork, New York wrote:
Red Pleb wrote:Oooo. New Yuk bandying accusations of ' selective outrage ' . Fucking priceless .

Sorry, but you and your ilk cornered the market on selective outrage a long time ago Rudey.

Love, look at the two of us...

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Tue May 10, 8:02 pm

Equality means the same set of rules for everyone. Not different rules for different people. Equality means accepting everyone, and giving them the same tools to succeed as everybody else.

Equality doesn't mean special exceptions for racist organizations such as Black Lives Matter.

Racism cannot be fought by allowing Some folks (like Black Lives Matter) to be racists, because they were victims of racism.

The only way to defeat racism is to make EVERYONE obey the same rules.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Tue May 10, 8:16 pm

NewYork, New York wrote:The only way to defeat racism is to make EVERYONE obey the same rules.

Heil Norks!

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Tue May 10, 8:20 pm

Banks wrote:
NewYork, New York wrote:The only way to defeat racism is to make EVERYONE obey the same rules.

Heil Norks!

I knew we could bring him around into the light!

Return to “All Politics”