Billy Corgan speaks the truth

The place to discuss political issues.

User avatar
Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6218
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 5:32 am
Location: The Eldorado Cafe...

Re: Billy Corgan speaks the truth

Postby Banks » Tue Apr 26, 8:44 pm

NewYork, New York wrote:Welfare. You described someone who is considered to be the working poor in NYC.

I guess those folks don't count, do they?

User avatar
Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6218
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 5:32 am
Location: The Eldorado Cafe...

Re: Billy Corgan speaks the truth

Postby Banks » Tue Apr 26, 8:45 pm

NewYork, New York wrote:Let me set you straight. I am seeking neither your agreement nor your approval. All I want is to be left alone to do what I believe is right for me. If others choose to pay into Social security and medicare, good for them.

You never addressed what I really want. I want what Congress gets.
What about the fact Congress does not contribute to either Social security nor medicare?
I assume you are worried they are also unsophisticated investors who won't be able to survive?

If the law forces people to buy medical insurance, because “they don’t know how to invest” why stop with medical insurance?
Why not force people to save for their retirement?

Make people live below their means, despite their wants and desires? Sorry sir. You cannot buy that boat (insert car, motorcycle, golf clubs, etc.) because “WE” have determined you cannot afford the payments.

The government could setup the “food police” to insure people eat their vegetables and stay on a lean, healthy diet. Then, maybe they won’t need to use your beloved medicare so much in the future, because they won’t get diabeties or heart disease if they stop smoking and eat better.

Why not force all “unsophisticated” people to make better financial decisions that are just as important?

We should force people to live below their means and save for their future retirement? Social security benefits are not extravagant. I think the average benefit these days is about $15 - $20,000 per year. Hardly enough to pay the rent in many if not most cities.

Maybe we should have a commission on housing? This commission should decide what people can afford BEFORE they buy or rent a home.
We should also have a commission on cars, cell phones, cable tv, internet fees, etc. The list of things we should approve/force people to buy because they are unsophisticated and unable to invest or spend their money wisely goes on to infinity. NOT just medical insurance.

You could set me straight by actually intelligently answering the question that was put to you.

User avatar
Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6218
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 5:32 am
Location: The Eldorado Cafe...

Re: Billy Corgan speaks the truth

Postby Banks » Tue Apr 26, 8:47 pm

Rudy wrote:
NewYork, New York wrote:
I want what Congress gets.




Me too, big fella.
Dammit.

I agree... but really, who wouldn't?

User avatar
NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15639
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 5:53 pm

Re: Billy Corgan speaks the truth

Postby NewYork, New York » Tue Apr 26, 8:47 pm

Banks wrote:
NewYork, New York wrote:Welfare. You described someone who is considered to be the working poor in NYC.

I guess those folks don't count, do they?



Don't believe I said anything like this.

Typical of you to put words into my mouth.

When you can't convince the other side the wisdom of your words, just lie.

User avatar
NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15639
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 5:53 pm

Re: Billy Corgan speaks the truth

Postby NewYork, New York » Tue Apr 26, 8:48 pm

Banks wrote:
NewYork, New York wrote:Let me set you straight. I am seeking neither your agreement nor your approval. All I want is to be left alone to do what I believe is right for me. If others choose to pay into Social security and medicare, good for them.

You never addressed what I really want. I want what Congress gets.
What about the fact Congress does not contribute to either Social security nor medicare?
I assume you are worried they are also unsophisticated investors who won't be able to survive?

If the law forces people to buy medical insurance, because “they don’t know how to invest” why stop with medical insurance?
Why not force people to save for their retirement?

Make people live below their means, despite their wants and desires? Sorry sir. You cannot buy that boat (insert car, motorcycle, golf clubs, etc.) because “WE” have determined you cannot afford the payments.

The government could setup the “food police” to insure people eat their vegetables and stay on a lean, healthy diet. Then, maybe they won’t need to use your beloved medicare so much in the future, because they won’t get diabeties or heart disease if they stop smoking and eat better.

Why not force all “unsophisticated” people to make better financial decisions that are just as important?

We should force people to live below their means and save for their future retirement? Social security benefits are not extravagant. I think the average benefit these days is about $15 - $20,000 per year. Hardly enough to pay the rent in many if not most cities.

Maybe we should have a commission on housing? This commission should decide what people can afford BEFORE they buy or rent a home.
We should also have a commission on cars, cell phones, cable tv, internet fees, etc. The list of things we should approve/force people to buy because they are unsophisticated and unable to invest or spend their money wisely goes on to infinity. NOT just medical insurance.

You could set me straight by actually intelligently answering the question that was put to you.


It wasn't an intelligent question. I repeat. You described the working poor.

Why not just let me do what I want with my money?

User avatar
Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6218
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 5:32 am
Location: The Eldorado Cafe...

Re: Billy Corgan speaks the truth

Postby Banks » Tue Apr 26, 9:02 pm

NewYork, New York wrote:It wasn't an intelligent question. I repeat. You described the working poor.

At the moment, its a lot more intelligent than any of your attempts to not answer it...
NewYork, New York wrote:Why not just let me do what I want with my money?

You are rich enough to not need Medicare?

User avatar
Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6024
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 6:10 pm
Location: Tír na nÓg
Contact:

Re: Billy Corgan speaks the truth

Postby Generous_J » Tue Apr 26, 11:50 pm

NewYork, New York wrote:
Dazzler wrote:
alpha wrote: Obamycare,


Why aren't people pulled up on racist shit like this any more?


How is that word racist?

You have lost your perspective.


Indeed, I fail to see how that is racist.

User avatar
Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6990
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 8:36 pm
Location: @ 7,230 Feet

Re: Billy Corgan speaks the truth

Postby Old Fart » Wed Apr 27, 12:13 am

Generous_J wrote:
NewYork, New York wrote:
Dazzler wrote:
alpha wrote: Obamycare,


Why aren't people pulled up on racist shit like this any more?


How is that word racist?

You have lost your perspective.


Indeed, I fail to see how that is racist.
.

He spelt it wrong but if you google O'Bammy you'll see it's definitely a racial thing.

nemesystem
super poster
super poster
Posts: 915
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 9:50 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

Re: Billy Corgan speaks the truth

Postby nemesystem » Wed Apr 27, 5:48 am

Obammy? lmao (sounds like a redneck came up with that name)

not really racial considering he's not muslim or arab even lol

If anything i'd say it''s childish... like and idiot calling you stupid.

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15342
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Billy Corgan speaks the truth

Postby Dazzler » Wed Apr 27, 6:15 am

alpha wrote:
Dazzler wrote:
alpha wrote: Obamycare,


Why aren't people pulled up on racist shit like this any more?


Because it's not being racist, is it? I'd have to make disparaging remarks about his entire race for it to be racist. See the difference?

I dislike obama, because he's just another jerk touting himself as a politician, who like all our other 'politicians' is only in it for the easy money and unless you haven't noticed their chicks are free too!


"Obamy"? Invoking the Uncle Tom stereotype isn't racist any more?

Warning: linked because NSFW

http://www.dirtbunny.net/wp-content/upl ... verett.jpg

User avatar
NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15639
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 5:53 pm

Re: Billy Corgan speaks the truth

Postby NewYork, New York » Wed Apr 27, 2:28 pm

Dazzler wrote:
alpha wrote:
Dazzler wrote:
alpha wrote: Obamycare,


Why aren't people pulled up on racist shit like this any more?


Because it's not being racist, is it? I'd have to make disparaging remarks about his entire race for it to be racist. See the difference?

I dislike obama, because he's just another jerk touting himself as a politician, who like all our other 'politicians' is only in it for the easy money and unless you haven't noticed their chicks are free too!


"Obamy"? Invoking the Uncle Tom stereotype isn't racist any more?

Warning: linked because NSFW

http://www.dirtbunny.net/wp-content/upl ... verett.jpg


If one looks for racism in everything one sees and hears, one will always find racism.

Maybe you need a "safe space" like all the college kid crybabies?

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15342
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Billy Corgan speaks the truth

Postby Dazzler » Wed Apr 27, 5:26 pm

What do you think are the implications of using a construction associated with caricatures of unintelligent black men then, Norks?

Just because you don't think it's racist, doesn't mean it isn't. Why don't you look up some of your black friends and ask them what they think of it?

User avatar
NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15639
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 5:53 pm

Re: Billy Corgan speaks the truth

Postby NewYork, New York » Wed Apr 27, 5:46 pm

Dazzler wrote:What do you think are the implications of using a construction associated with caricatures of unintelligent black men then, Norks?

Just because you don't think it's racist, doesn't mean it isn't. Why don't you look up some of your black friends and ask them what they think of it?


Not sure what you are referring to Dizzy.

By the way, just because you think its racist doesn't mean it is.

User avatar
NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15639
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 5:53 pm

Re: Billy Corgan speaks the truth

Postby NewYork, New York » Wed Apr 27, 5:49 pm

Dazzler wrote:
alpha wrote:
Dazzler wrote:
alpha wrote: Obamycare,


Why aren't people pulled up on racist shit like this any more?


Because it's not being racist, is it? I'd have to make disparaging remarks about his entire race for it to be racist. See the difference?

I dislike obama, because he's just another jerk touting himself as a politician, who like all our other 'politicians' is only in it for the easy money and unless you haven't noticed their chicks are free too!


"Obamy"? Invoking the Uncle Tom stereotype isn't racist any more?

Warning: linked because NSFW

http://www.dirtbunny.net/wp-content/upl ... verett.jpg


Now you are dredging up blackface pics from years ago? Al Jolson circa 1927. WTF??

Nobody does that anymore.

Desperate to prove your point?

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15342
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Billy Corgan speaks the truth

Postby Dazzler » Wed Apr 27, 7:47 pm

What connotations do you believe calling Obama 'Obammy', a caricature of a powerless, unintelligent southern black man from before the emancipation proclamation has then, Norks? Why do you imagine alpha meant by it?

Why don't you ask one of your black friends what they think of it?

User avatar
des
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 11271
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 12:36 am
Location: The Red Rose County

Re: Billy Corgan speaks the truth

Postby des » Wed Apr 27, 8:05 pm

Dazzler wrote:What connotations do you believe calling Obama 'Obammy', a caricature of a powerless, unintelligent southern black man from before the emancipation proclamation has then, Norks? Why do you imagine alpha meant by it?

Why don't you ask one of your black friends what they think of it?


What did you think of the Labour MP's call for Israel to be relocated to the USA?

Racist, or not?


Peace, Des.

User avatar
NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15639
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 5:53 pm

Re: Billy Corgan speaks the truth

Postby NewYork, New York » Wed Apr 27, 8:21 pm

Dazzler wrote:What connotations do you believe calling Obama 'Obammy', a caricature of a powerless, unintelligent southern black man from before the emancipation proclamation has then, Norks? Why do you imagine alpha meant by it?

Why don't you ask one of your black friends what they think of it?



I think you are a bit dizzy, Dizzy.

Looks like your beef is with Alpha not me. Go and argue with Alpha. Knock yourself out.

User avatar
NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15639
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 5:53 pm

Re: Billy Corgan speaks the truth

Postby NewYork, New York » Wed Apr 27, 8:24 pm

des wrote:
Dazzler wrote:What connotations do you believe calling Obama 'Obammy', a caricature of a powerless, unintelligent southern black man from before the emancipation proclamation has then, Norks? Why do you imagine alpha meant by it?

Why don't you ask one of your black friends what they think of it?


What did you think of the Labour MP's call for Israel to be relocated to the USA?

Racist, or not?


Peace, Des.


If I may interject.

Dizzy appears to detect racism quite selectively.

Insults directed at Jews, or outright anti semitism, he fails to see.

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15342
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Billy Corgan speaks the truth

Postby Dazzler » Wed Apr 27, 10:35 pm

des wrote:
Dazzler wrote:What connotations do you believe calling Obama 'Obammy', a caricature of a powerless, unintelligent southern black man from before the emancipation proclamation has then, Norks? Why do you imagine alpha meant by it?

Why don't you ask one of your black friends what they think of it?


What did you think of the Labour MP's call for Israel to be relocated to the USA?

Racist, or not?


Peace, Des.


I don't know. She was stupid to publish that idiotic meme and she'll have to go anyway, especially in the current climate but it's hard to say whether there was racist intent.

She didn't actually call for 'Relocation of the Jews', but suggested through irony that Americans probably wouldn't welcome mass Israeli immigration at present. Again, a stupid misstep. Again, she'll have to go for it.
Last edited by Dazzler on Wed Apr 27, 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15342
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Billy Corgan speaks the truth

Postby Dazzler » Wed Apr 27, 10:37 pm

NewYork, New York wrote:
des wrote:
Dazzler wrote:What connotations do you believe calling Obama 'Obammy', a caricature of a powerless, unintelligent southern black man from before the emancipation proclamation has then, Norks? Why do you imagine alpha meant by it?

Why don't you ask one of your black friends what they think of it?


What did you think of the Labour MP's call for Israel to be relocated to the USA?

Racist, or not?


Peace, Des.


If I may interject.

Dizzy appears to detect racism quite selectively.

Insults directed at Jews, or outright anti semitism, he fails to see.


Fuck you, Norks. Where were you when I was copping anti-semitic abuse from Shezz? You're a disgusting human being.

Are you going to go and ask your black friends what they think of your use of the word 'Obammy or do you prefer to keep your dirty little secrets among the whites?'?

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 3792
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: Billy Corgan speaks the truth

Postby alpha » Wed Apr 27, 11:12 pm

Dazzler wrote:What connotations do you believe calling Obama 'Obammy', a caricature of a powerless, unintelligent southern black man from before the emancipation proclamation has then, Norks? [What] do you imagine alpha meant by it?


Iff'n you go back to the original quote it said obammycare, which will prove to be anything, but healthcare in our foreboding futures. A complete sham to try and divide healthcare between the rich and the masses. Federal healthcare has already been shown to be far superior to healthcare offered to groups, or individuals outside the fed circle, but within the same healthcare provider. Therefore, the reason i use obammycare is because that's what our healthcare system is about to become and it's coming from a man who's consumed with committing terrorism around this planet. He stated beforehand, that medical mj was off limits to the feds, but ran more sorties against it than Bush II. He's done very little for the electorate that purportedly voted him in and vast amounts for our oligarchy, who after all are the very same people who wanted to implement uh let me see... you don't like that other one, so how about Obamanationcare, is that better?

Dazzler wrote:Why don't you ask one of your black friends what they think of it?


Whereas most are likely proud that someone from their race achieved the presidency they still have issues to overcome. Other than most native americans their race is still being hassled and targeted, by far the most, under the not so watchful eye of Obama's administration. Strictly in it for the money, Daz, just like all the others, so it's difficult for me to garner any respect for the man, or any of our 'politicians', for that matter. Politician's aren't a race however, tho they always seem it be in one, so call me a bigot of our (your's too) ostensible leadership.

User avatar
des
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 11271
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 12:36 am
Location: The Red Rose County

Re: Billy Corgan speaks the truth

Postby des » Thu Apr 28, 12:08 am

Dazzler wrote:
des wrote:
Dazzler wrote:What connotations do you believe calling Obama 'Obammy', a caricature of a powerless, unintelligent southern black man from before the emancipation proclamation has then, Norks? Why do you imagine alpha meant by it?

Why don't you ask one of your black friends what they think of it?


What did you think of the Labour MP's call for Israel to be relocated to the USA?

Racist, or not?


Peace, Des.


I don't know. She was stupid to publish that idiotic meme and she'll have to go anyway, especially in the current climate but it's hard to say whether there was racist intent.

She didn't actually call for 'Relocation of the Jews', but suggested through irony that Americans probably wouldn't welcome mass Israeli immigration at present. Again, a stupid misstep. Again, she'll have to go for it.


It was a stupid thing for her to publish, but you could hold that point of view and have the best interests of the Israelis at heart!

Wouldn't we all like to see peace in the Middle East?

Peace, Des.

User avatar
Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6990
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 8:36 pm
Location: @ 7,230 Feet

Re: Billy Corgan speaks the truth

Postby Old Fart » Thu Apr 28, 12:12 am

alpha wrote:
Dazzler wrote:What connotations do you believe calling Obama 'Obammy', a caricature of a powerless, unintelligent southern black man from before the emancipation proclamation has then, Norks? [What] do you imagine alpha meant by it?


Iff'n you go back to the original quote it said obammycare, which will prove to be anything, but healthcare in our foreboding futures. A complete sham to try and divide healthcare between the rich and the masses. Federal healthcare has already been shown to be far superior to healthcare offered to groups, or individuals outside the fed circle, but within the same healthcare provider. Therefore, the reason i use obammycare is because that's what our healthcare system is about to become and it's coming from a man who's consumed with committing terrorism around this planet. He stated beforehand, that medical mj was off limits to the feds, but ran more sorties against it than Bush II. He's done very little for the electorate that purportedly voted him in and vast amounts for our oligarchy, who after all are the very same people who wanted to implement uh let me see... you don't like that other one, so how about Obamanationcare, is that better?

Dazzler wrote:Why don't you ask one of your black friends what they think of it?


Whereas most are likely proud that someone from their race achieved the presidency they still have issues to overcome. Other than most native americans their race is still being hassled and targeted, by far the most, under the not so watchful eye of Obama's administration. Strictly in it for the money, Daz, just like all the others, so it's difficult for me to garner any respect for the man, or any of our 'politicians', for that matter. Politician's aren't a race however, tho they always seem it be in one, so call me a bigot of our (your's too) ostensible leadership.


And after all the bloviating it was still a racist comment.

It's not your fault, as you say it was ingrained into many of us as kids. But you should own it.

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 3792
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: Billy Corgan speaks the truth

Postby alpha » Thu Apr 28, 2:17 am

Old Fart wrote:And after all the bloviating it was still a racist comment.


Read it again OF you missed the part that i was disparaging a thing, not a race of people, nor should my dislike for the potus be considered racism, since i had an equal dislike for Bush, Clinton, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon and Johnson!

Everyone of them made poor decisions, which caused each, except for Reagan to endure negative polls from the majority of the electorate, so i wasn't alone in my thinking.

Old Fart wrote:It's not your fault, as you say it was ingrained into many of us as kids. But you should own it.


Not me OF. Our government, which commits racism constantly and has done so since before their civil war!

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15342
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Billy Corgan speaks the truth

Postby Dazzler » Thu Apr 28, 11:07 am

Do you understand, alpha, that it was your use of the prefix 'Obamy' that flagged up racism, not your criticism of the policy of 'Obamacare'?

User avatar
NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15639
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 5:53 pm

Re: Billy Corgan speaks the truth

Postby NewYork, New York » Thu Apr 28, 2:51 pm

Dazzler wrote:
NewYork, New York wrote:
des wrote:
Dazzler wrote:What connotations do you believe calling Obama 'Obammy', a caricature of a powerless, unintelligent southern black man from before the emancipation proclamation has then, Norks? Why do you imagine alpha meant by it?

Why don't you ask one of your black friends what they think of it?


What did you think of the Labour MP's call for Israel to be relocated to the USA?

Racist, or not?


Peace, Des.


If I may interject.

Dizzy appears to detect racism quite selectively.

Insults directed at Jews, or outright anti semitism, he fails to see.


Fuck you, Norks. Where were you when I was copping anti-semitic abuse from Shezz? You're a disgusting human being.

Are you going to go and ask your black friends what they think of your use of the word 'Obammy or do you prefer to keep your dirty little secrets among the whites?'?


Right back at you Dizzy.

User avatar
NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15639
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 5:53 pm

Re: Billy Corgan speaks the truth

Postby NewYork, New York » Thu Apr 28, 2:53 pm

Dazzler wrote:Do you understand, alpha, that it was your use of the prefix 'Obamy' that flagged up racism, not your criticism of the policy of 'Obamacare'?


Do you understand Dazzler, that you are quite a DICK?

User avatar
NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15639
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 5:53 pm

Re: Billy Corgan speaks the truth

Postby NewYork, New York » Thu Apr 28, 2:56 pm

Dazzler wrote:What connotations do you believe calling Obama 'Obammy', a caricature of a powerless, unintelligent southern black man from before the emancipation proclamation has then, Norks? Why do you imagine alpha meant by it?

Why don't you ask one of your black friends what they think of it?



I think Alpha doesn't like Obamacare. Neither do I.

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15342
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Billy Corgan speaks the truth

Postby Dazzler » Thu Apr 28, 3:18 pm

Seriously. Ask one of your black friends what they think of you calling Obama 'Obammy'. Report back with your results. Let's hear it.

User avatar
NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15639
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 5:53 pm

Re: Billy Corgan speaks the truth

Postby NewYork, New York » Thu Apr 28, 3:29 pm

Dazzler wrote:Seriously. Ask one of your black friends what they think of you calling Obama 'Obammy'. Report back with your results. Let's hear it.


Why don't you report back to me from your muslim friends and ask them if they think their religion uses violence and intimidation
to subjugate women and spread Sharia law around the globe.


Return to “All Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest