Run Trump Run

The place to discuss political issues.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: Run Trump Run

Postby smokedpeppers » Wed Jul 22, 11:57 pm

and among other recent events, cops say ... a western pennsylvania man called 911 for an ambulance, when an ambulance arrived, he asked the crew to help him fix his air conditioner

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Thu Jul 23, 12:54 am

alpha wrote:

I didn't denigrate his service record.

But Donald the Trumpet did and you supported his statements as "truth". I am not a hero but I am a veteran and fucking Trump is a chickenhawk motherfucker who needs to go away.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Thu Jul 23, 1:16 am

Bohannon wrote:
alpha wrote:I didn't denigrate his service record.

But Donald the Trumpet did and you supported his statements as "truth".

Exactly which statements weren't truth, Bo? He stated his opinion on the matter and so have i. It's not like i dislike just McCain it's every other asshole we have masquerading as a politician too!

Bohannon wrote:I am not a hero but I am a veteran and fucking Trump is a chickenhawk motherfucker who needs to go away.

I'm no hero either, Bo, but all Trump is doing is trying to raise eyebrows, which only brings more attention to himself. Oldest ploy in the GOP handbook, just ask G.Gordon Liddy.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Thu Jul 23, 1:18 am

However, in still other news SP, Obamy recently announced America is the most respected country in the world! Yet a Gallop poll from 2014 tells a different tale.
http://pontiactribune.com/obama-claims- ... eputation/

Thanks for the link wc, far more refreshing stuff than either fox, or those other guys who try to disguise our news.

Cujo04
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cujo04 » Thu Jul 23, 1:43 am

Ironically, his Admiral daddy likely kept McCain flying when the Navy would have otherwise probably grounded him based on his flying record. Had he not intervened, then the war hero wouldn't have spent all that time as a POW. He should thank the North Vietnamese as they probably saved him from killing himself by shooting him down.

Besides....climbing into a jet in the morning, napalming a village or two and then being back at the O-Club in time for happy hour isn't all that notable

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Thu Jul 23, 2:10 am

injecting some lightheartedness into all this madness is sanity for me, and that's all that matters in my orbit . most likly, in the big foto, it don't mean squat what any of us think anyhow

Cujo04
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cujo04 » Thu Jul 23, 4:20 am

We are all just passin thru......

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Thu Jul 23, 11:16 am

smokedpeppers wrote:and among other recent events, cops say ... a western pennsylvania man called 911 for an ambulance, when an ambulance arrived, he asked the crew to help him fix his air conditioner

Did you have to specify "western pennsylvania?" :)

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Thu Jul 23, 11:20 am

Dazzler wrote:How do the skills acquired through war 'heroism' transfer to the job of running a country then? No-one's ever adequately explained this.

I'll take that answer as "We don't know and are perennially distracted by shit that doesn't fucking matter."

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Thu Jul 23, 12:13 pm

Third party run for Trump then? Hmmmmmm

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Thu Jul 23, 2:36 pm

Dazzler wrote:How do the skills acquired through war 'heroism' transfer to the job of running a country then? No-one's ever adequately explained this.

I thought Winston Churchill and Dwight D. Eisenhower did a pretty good job.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Thu Jul 23, 4:00 pm

^ Churchill spent his military career killing brown people in service of the Empire, so if nothing else we've at least established your standards of heroism.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Thu Jul 23, 4:54 pm

Banks wrote:
smokedpeppers wrote:and among other recent events, cops say ... a western pennsylvania man called 911 for an ambulance, when an ambulance arrived, he asked the crew to help him fix his air conditioner

Did you have to specify "western pennsylvania?" :)

Was it your neighborhood Banks? Perhaps near that massive lightning strike a year, or two back?=)

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Thu Jul 23, 5:09 pm

I'll take that answer as "We don't know and are perennially distracted by shit that doesn't fucking matter."*

That's because for the vast majority they don't, Dazzler. It began with George Washington and proceeded thru several more generals, none of whom provided much diplomacy for their country

I believe JFK was the sole US president who learned something from war, which is it's futile and should be avoided, if at all possible. However, he stymied his military commanders and then managed to cross the bankers too, so they offed him in a bloody coup, that had little to do with Lee Harvey Oswald, who was just a convenient patsy. Our government had a lengthy investigation into it, which was purportedly public and transparent, but held behind closed doors and the unpublished portions of their investigation were sealed until 2039. Now, because of the freedom of information act they might become available in 2017. However, not much reason to have anymore faith in them than the victim's brother;

wikipedia wrote:Doubts about the Warren Commission's findings were not restricted to ordinary Americans. Well before 1978, President Johnson, Robert Kennedy, and four of the seven members of the Warren Commission all articulated, if sometimes off the record, some level of skepticism about the Commission's basic findings.

In a 2013 interview Robert Kennedy Jr. said his father Attorney General Robert Kennedy who publicly supported the commission privately believed it was a "shoddy piece of craftsmanship" and was "fairly convinced" that others besides Oswald were involved in his brother's assassination.

We even had a general become the leader of our civilian 'intelligence' agency and the guy petrayed us! He got a slap on the wrist and told to retire at full benefits.

*I wrote this yesterday, but got tied up in other efforts, but tried using the 'Save draft' feature. Nice addition.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Thu Jul 23, 5:20 pm

NewYork, New York wrote:

Eisenhower was the president behind our interstate highway system, but in his mind it was only going to be used for military vehicles and not the public, until he was informed of the folly of his thinking. Still, they went thru with it and you can drive from the left coast to the right, in less than two daze, so at the time, i liked ike!

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Sat Aug 08, 8:57 pm

Trump continues to dominate. heh

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Sat Aug 08, 9:14 pm

alpha wrote:
NewYork, New York wrote:

Eisenhower was the president behind our interstate highway system, but in his mind it was only going to be used for military vehicles and not the public, until he was informed of the folly of his thinking. Still, they went thru with it and you can drive from the left coast to the right, in less than two daze, so at the time, i liked ike!

NOT! Also, 49 hours is the best I ever did, lol.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Sat Aug 08, 10:16 pm

Bohannon wrote:
alpha wrote:
NewYork, New York wrote:

NOT! Also, 49 hours is the best I ever did, lol.

Appears you are correct, sir. My only defense is what the media was calling it back then, erroneously according to your link.

Federal Highway Administration wrote:The Interstate System was launched by the Interstate Defense Highway Act of 1956.

No such legislation passed in 1956 or any other year. Nevertheless, this title appears widely throughout the media instead of the correct title: the Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1956.

Which is because

Federal Highway Administration wrote:Defense was the primary reason for the Interstate System.

The primary justifications for the Interstate System were civilian in nature. In the midst of the Cold War, the Department of Defense supported the Interstate System and Congress added the words "and Defense" to its official name in 1956 ("National System of Interstate and Defense Highways"). However, the program was so popular for its civilian benefits that the legislation would have passed even if defense had not been a factor.

Republican president vs the liberal press and easy to see how an urban legend was born.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Sun Aug 09, 1:35 am

Eisenhower was my kind of republican. He would have no place in the modern remains of that party. "Beware of the military/industrial complex" Ike knew the score.

Hammer
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Hammer » Sun Aug 09, 2:33 pm

Bohannon wrote:Eisenhower was my kind of republican. He would have no place in the modern remains of that party. "Beware of the military/industrial complex" Ike knew the score.

I have heard it said that JFK also would have difficulty fitting in with present day democrats. I like Ike.

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Sun Aug 09, 4:09 pm

yup

ike was the man, a real leader who was not bought..

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Sun Aug 09, 6:36 pm

in todays political circus, outside of a very few exceptions, as was in 1790's
the democratic-republican party has again become the american political party .

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Mon Aug 10, 12:18 pm

Back on topic please..........

While the GOP hopefuls cower and grovel for attention, Trump remains unapologetic and un PC. I must admit it's refreshing in a twisted sort of way.

Cujo04
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cujo04 » Mon Aug 10, 12:24 pm

Trump is an entertaining summer diversion. I think he wants the personal publicity more than the White House and honestly can't see him actually hitting the campaign trail once primary season starts. Right now he's polling at 25% of the overall Republican vote. I think he would rather get another TV show out of this than the White House so it's easy to be fearless.

Based on the campaign money currently dedicated, I'd say TPTB have already vetted and selected Bush & Clinton as "our" nominees.

Cujo04
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cujo04 » Mon Aug 10, 12:38 pm

I thought the exchange between Rand Paul & Christie regarding the Patriot Act was amusing. Christie got backed into a corner and went with the Giuliani tactic of immediately making reference to 9/11 saying "The only hugs I remember were the ones I gave grieving families after 9/11..."

Paul should have said..."So..when you were working for a private law firm specializing in lobbying for corporate interests on 9/11, you also had to meet grieving 9/11 families...?"

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Mon Aug 10, 1:09 pm

We've had accidental Presidents before. I hear those Republican strategists falling over themselves predicting the demise of Trump. Heh. Are they sure?

Who would you rather have going up against that fascist bully Putin?......Bush or Trump?

Cujo04
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cujo04 » Mon Aug 10, 1:14 pm

I'm not endorsing Bush. I don't think the voters will decide the nominees anyway. I'm just predicting how I think things will look like a year from now at the Conventions

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Mon Aug 10, 1:18 pm

Bush is a stiff and everyone knows it. A guaranteed loser candidate. The TPTB of the right must be feeling a bit despondent about now.

Seriously I'd like a proper cunt like Trump representing me in a "negotiation" with the likes of Putin. Ha Ha

Cujo04
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cujo04 » Mon Aug 10, 1:52 pm

TPTB don't care if he's a stiff. They vet two candidates that they know will "play ball" , put them on the ballot and hold an election so that the electorate can think they decide the direction of the country. The only X factor is, given that she is a shitty politician, campaigner and speaker....and carrying baggage, Clinton might implode beforehand like in 2008. In that case, Biden will be called from the bullpen.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Mon Aug 10, 1:59 pm

Trump should run 3rd party. He doesn't need the GOP or the Koch Brothers telling him anything. Bingo, GOP loses again!

Return to “All Politics”