mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Sat Mar 08, 4:42 pm

really not one comment?

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cat » Sat Mar 08, 5:19 pm

I love Bernie Sanders. Watch him on Bill Maher occasionally. Socially speaking though he seems a bit bumbling.

Sanders gets loose with his right hand around Abby Huntsman's boobs. Advance to the end and you can avoid all the dreadful wonkery.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Fri Mar 14, 3:19 pm

I have no proof to the veracity of this statement, since the quote is from an unknown Washington DC ticket agent and the quote comes from a humor column on another forum..

"A senior Vermont Congressman (Bernie Sanders) called, furious about a Florida package we did. I asked what was wrong with the vacation in Orlando. He said he was expecting an ocean-view room. I tried to explain that's not possible, since Orlando is in the middle of the state.

He replied 'don't lie to me, I looked on the map and Florida is a very thin state!''"

..but if there's any truth to this statement, then the late Col. Sanders would be a better choice.

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Fri Mar 14, 3:23 pm

alpha wrote:I have no proof to the veracity of this statement, since the quote is from an unknown Washington DC ticket agent and the quote comes from a humor column on another forum..

"A senior Vermont Congressman (Bernie Sanders) called, furious about a Florida package we did. I asked what was wrong with the vacation in Orlando. He said he was expecting an ocean-view room. I tried to explain that's not possible, since Orlando is in the middle of the state.

He replied 'don't lie to me, I looked on the map and Florida is a very thin state!''"

..but if there's any truth to this statement, then the late Col. Sanders would be a better choice.

snope said this is false as is the article

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: This might be the candidate we ALL could support

Postby Cat » Tue Feb 02, 3:56 pm

Bernie seems to be giving Hillary a run for her money. Talk about razor thin margin on caucus votes.

nemesystem
super poster
super poster

Postby nemesystem » Tue Feb 02, 6:09 pm

John Mcafee for president lol

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Wed Feb 03, 3:01 am

Cat wrote:Bernie seems to be giving Hillary a run for her money. Talk about razor thin margin on caucus votes.

Too bad they didn't just flip a coin in the beginning.

nemesystem
super poster
super poster

Postby nemesystem » Wed Feb 03, 4:03 am

Old Fart wrote:
Cat wrote:Bernie seems to be giving Hillary a run for her money. Talk about razor thin margin on caucus votes.

Too bad they didn't just flip a coin in the beginning.

i thought the same thing lmao...

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Fri Feb 05, 3:15 am

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Fri Feb 05, 10:59 pm

Old Fart wrote:Image

The IRS has been stealing money since its inception in 1913. Just like colleges stealing money for their inept, papermill degrees.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Sat Feb 06, 12:32 pm

Old Fart wrote:Image

When the poor take money from the rich, it's called theft.

When the rich take money from the poor, it's called business.

Dogbreath
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Dogbreath » Wed Feb 10, 6:30 pm

When Bernie announced his run for US president, everybody here in Vermont thought there's no way he could pull it off. No way in hell.

Today, everyone I talk to is amazed, yet not surprised, though this is contradictory to pre pres run thinking.

Never ever underestimate Bernie......that is what I have learned, watching Vermont politics. Here's what I find interesting: Bernie has been in the US congress for ever 25 years, yet no one here is "sick" of him yet. Many vermont republicans have been comfortable voting for Bernie. Contrary to the almost ubiquitous Hillary fatigue.

My prediction: Bernie will be the democratic nominee. Trump will grab republican nomination. Former NYC mayor Bloomberg will run as independent, splitting republican votes. Bernie wins, and most important to me personally, remove cannabis as a US federal schedule 1 "bad drug".

There is something going on this cycle which has energized many people who usually don't vote. The increased participation will put Bernie over the top and likely hit republicans hard on down ballot voting.

This is certainly one hell of an interesting election in any event.

Stay tuned...

Dogbreath

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Wed Feb 10, 7:33 pm

Thanks for the Vermonter's insight. I am feeling the Bern! (Hillary's voice makes me cringe).

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Wed Feb 10, 7:35 pm

I am feeling the Bern...

Stayed tuned indeed, Dogbreath. I hope Bernie can pull it off.

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Wed Feb 10, 11:41 pm

: > the Bern - someone we could all possibly get behind!!

gives me an ounce of hope.

NewYork, New York
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby NewYork, New York » Fri Feb 12, 10:29 pm

worldcitizen1723 wrote:: > the Bern - someone we could all possibly get behind!!

Just one question.

How does Bernie plan on paying for free healthcare, free college, etc.?

Be careful what you wish for.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Fri Feb 12, 10:43 pm

In the richest country in the world? That's a tough one.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Fri Feb 12, 10:43 pm

...by de-funding Middle East / Arab atrocities?

Cujo04
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cujo04 » Fri Feb 12, 10:49 pm

I would easily have to pay almost $17K a year for the health insurance I currently have with my employer if I purchased it myself. Maybe I would like to retire before I am of Medicare age. How much would Bernie's plan cost me?

Fact is, the Govt has no interest in making healthcare affordable because it wants you to keep working and paying into the bankrupt SSA system as long as possible. Best scenario for the Govt is that you work like a dog until you are in your 70's and then drop dead at your retirement party.

Cujo04
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cujo04 » Fri Feb 12, 11:02 pm

Rudy wrote:...by de-funding Middle East / Arab atrocities?

Probably 40% of the federal budget is waste. The Pentagon spends $43M to build one gas station in Iraq. One incident out of thousands no doubt. $$$Billions in unrelated tagalongs are thrown into Bills to give politicians enough pork to stuff into their pockets so that they can run for re-election by enticing the home folks with a few shiny objects....

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Fri Feb 12, 11:45 pm

Cujo04 wrote:
Rudy wrote:...by de-funding Middle East / Arab atrocities?

Probably 40% of the federal budget is waste. The Pentagon spends $43M to build one gas station in Iraq. One incident out of thousands no doubt. $$$Billions in unrelated tagalongs are thrown into Bills to give politicians enough pork to stuff into their pockets so that they can run for re-election by enticing the home folks with a few shiny objects....

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sat Feb 13, 12:36 am

This is the way Bernie presented free college education last night. He wants to bring public colleges into the public education system that currently only includes K (or pre-K in some states) - 12. So instead of a budget that includes K-12, the new public education budgets would include K - college. He essentially wants to prolong your public education by at least 3 or 4 years.

So far as the free healthcare is concerned. He wants Medicare for all. The only way your insurance would be free is if the individual literally doesn't have two pennies to rub together. I'd encourage you to consult the Medicare website for the current prices at www.medicare.gov. You can find the information there. The average monthly premium for medical insurance is $104.90 per month. However, for those that make more money the premium goes up. It's based on income, a sliding scale in reality.

Hope this gives you some idea, New York, New York.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sat Feb 13, 12:37 am

This is the way Bernie presented free college education last night. He wants to bring public colleges into the public education system that currently only includes K (or pre-K in some states) - 12. So instead of a budget that includes K-12, the new public education budgets would include K - college. He essentially wants to prolong your public education by at least 3 or 4 years.

So far as the free healthcare is concerned. He wants Medicare for all. The only way your insurance would be free is if the individual literally doesn't have two pennies to rub together. I'd encourage you to consult the Medicare website for the current prices at http://www.medicare.gov. You can find the information there. The average monthly premium for medical insurance is $104.90 per month. However, for those that make more money the premium goes up. It's based on income, a sliding scale in reality.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Sat Feb 13, 12:39 am

NewYork, New York wrote:
worldcitizen1723 wrote:: > the Bern - someone we could all possibly get behind!!

Just one question.

How does Bernie plan on paying for free healthcare, free college, etc.?

Be careful what you wish for.

You haven't been paying attention; by raising taxes on the rich and closing corporate tax loopholes.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sat Feb 13, 12:41 am

Sorry, don't know why this posted twice.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Sat Feb 13, 12:42 am

Cujo04 wrote:I would easily have to pay almost $17K a year for the health insurance I currently have with my employer if I purchased it myself. Maybe I would like to retire before I am of Medicare age. How much would Bernie's plan cost me?

Fact is, the Govt has no interest in making healthcare affordable because it wants you to keep working and paying into the bankrupt SSA system as long as possible. Best scenario for the Govt is that you work like a dog until you are in your 70's and then drop dead at your retirement party.

SSA is SOLVENT for at least the next 75 years. If Bernie can remove the ridiculously low cap ($104+/- k) it will be solvent forever. What part of FREE healthcare can't you afford again?

Cujo04
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Cujo04 » Sat Feb 13, 1:06 am

Bohannon wrote:
Cujo04 wrote:I would easily have to pay almost $17K a year for the health insurance I currently have with my employer if I purchased it myself. Maybe I would like to retire before I am of Medicare age. How much would Bernie's plan cost me?

SSA is SOLVENT for at least the next 75 years. If Bernie can remove the ridiculously low cap ($104+/- k) it will be solvent forever. What part of FREE healthcare can't you afford again?

Healthcare isn't free under any system. I don't think even Bernie said that. I am however willing to be taxed additionally if it would provide a reliable universal healthcare system.

As far as SSA, I wouldn't bother arguing it because none of us here know any more than the government tells us and I wouldn't necessarily take the latter as gospel. I will take the benefit at 62 however

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Sat Feb 13, 1:08 am

Bohannon wrote:
SSA is SOLVENT for at least the next 75 years.

Link please

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sat Feb 13, 1:31 am

modern roots wrote:This is the way Bernie presented free college education last night. He wants to bring public colleges into the public education system that currently only includes K (or pre-K in some states) - 12. So instead of a budget that includes K-12, the new public education budgets would include K - college. He essentially wants to prolong your public education by at least 3 or 4 years.

So far as the free healthcare is concerned. He wants Medicare for all. The only way your insurance would be free is if the individual literally doesn't have two pennies to rub together. I'd encourage you to consult the Medicare website for the current prices at http://www.medicare.gov. You can find the information there. The average monthly premium for medical insurance is $104.90 per month. However, for those that make more money the premium goes up. It's based on income, a sliding scale in reality.

It's only "free" for the dirt poor and school age children. Everyone else must pay. However, it will be significantly cheaper. And so what about a few dollars more in taxes?? It benefits everyone.

Return to “All Politics”