Fracking!

The place to discuss political issues.

nemesystem
super poster
super poster

Re: Fracking!

Postby nemesystem » Sat Dec 19, 1:55 am

wait what the fuck????

Why are you calling them sand niggers? You do realize that is THEIR oil an they can do WHATEVER the fuck they want with it. You know its called Capitalism... something you seem to be quite fond of.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sat Dec 19, 2:21 am

nemesystem wrote:wait what the fuck????

Why are you calling them sand niggers? You do realize that is THEIR oil an they can do WHATEVER the fuck they want with it. You know its called Capitalism... something you seem to be quite fond of.

They can take every drop of oil they've got and shove it up their sand nigger asses!!!
OPEC has been known for years to be a thug cartel. You need to brush up on the history of OPEC before you make yourself an OPEC sympathizer.
Drill here. Drill now. Pay less. Fuck the oil in everybody else's backyard. We've got a backyard too and I support American oil and energy jobs in the U.S.A. I believe in keeping jobs in America when it comes to oil and gas.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Sat Dec 19, 3:18 am

What was the point of the inquiries and public opposition to fracking when the Government can just opt to go ahead with it anyway?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35107203

Who's gonna pay for the clean up if there's an environmental disaster? I hope it's not the fuckin' taxpayer!

Peace, Des.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Sat Dec 19, 4:56 am

exploratory fracking here in pa has all but come to a standstill, with gas is around 2dollers gal

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Sat Dec 19, 3:56 pm

des wrote:Who's gonna pay for the clean up if there's an environmental disaster? I hope it's not the fuckin' taxpayer!

It's always the taxpayers.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sat Dec 19, 4:48 pm

Old Fart wrote:
des wrote:Who's gonna pay for the clean up if there's an environmental disaster? I hope it's not the fuckin' taxpayer!

Not so fast, OF. Remember the Deep water rig in the Gulf of Mexico that exploded several years back? BP footed the bill for the clean up. BP paid out to individuals, businesses, and the states. The state of Alabama got a $20 million settlement from BP. Louisiana got even more from BP.
I know you got to remember this terrible disaster and BP paid, not the taxpayer.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Sat Dec 19, 7:35 pm

modern roots wrote:
Old Fart wrote:

Not so fast, OF. Remember the Deep water rig in the Gulf of Mexico that exploded several years back? BP footed the bill for the clean up. BP paid out to individuals, businesses, and the states. The state of Alabama got a $20 million settlement from BP. Louisiana got even more from BP.
I know you got to remember this terrible disaster and BP paid, not the taxpayer.

That's just bullshit. First of all they paid with their ungodly profits (yet you rail against taxes). Second the true cost in loss of tourist revenue etc. was far more than they were forced to pay (I'm betting that they spent more money on their "face-lift" ad programs). Finally, the environmental cost has no price tag. Fuck fossil fuels. Leave it in the ground and move on. We have a fusion furnace which can supply all the energy that we need. We just need to figure out how to harness it.
We are not even allowed somehow, to know what chemicals that they use in fracking or what the long-term effects on the ground water are. When you can set your tap water on fire you have a problem.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sat Dec 19, 8:39 pm

Bohannon wrote:
modern roots wrote:
Old Fart wrote:

That's just bullshit. First of all they paid with their ungodly profits (yet you rail against taxes). Second the true cost in loss of tourist revenue etc. was far more than they were forced to pay (I'm betting that they spent more money on their "face-lift" ad programs). Finally, the environmental cost has no price tag. Fuck fossil fuels. Leave it in the ground and move on. We have a fusion furnace which can supply all the energy that we need. We just need to figure out how to harness it.
We are not even allowed somehow, to know what chemicals that they use in fracking or what the long-term effects on the ground water are. When you can set your tap water on fire you have a problem.

There's no BS in what I typed. BP paid out to all, even on fraudulent claims. There was ZERO taxpayer money involved.
Yeah, wouldn't widespread, affordable electric cars be nice?
Until electric cars are a reality for everyone, oil and gas will be a necessity.
I think clean drinking water is one of the most important things on the planet and many states receive poor grades. Alabama scored a C+ for tap water. That's pathetic. As such, I drink either spring water or purified water. I just use tap water for showers and laundry.

nemesystem
super poster
super poster

Postby nemesystem » Sat Dec 19, 11:47 pm

wow so BP paid out pennies on the dollar....and you act like every thing is OK now?

smh..

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sun Dec 20, 3:17 am

nemesystem wrote:wow so BP paid out pennies on the dollar....and you act like every thing is OK now?

smh..

Reread my post again. I didn't insinuate or type anything like that.

Also, how many marbles do you hear rolling around in your head while you shake it!?!

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Sun Aug 07, 3:58 am

Black gold rush in the USA by fracking has slashed the country's energy bills and creat... - Daily Mail
https://apple.news/AhMNeeFziSCuckdy0TOUksw

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Sun Aug 07, 9:30 pm

Fracking is just the worst idea ever. Drilling into the earths fucking core for a bit of oil (money). Whats wrong with these people?

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Sun Aug 07, 10:48 pm

Generous_J wrote:Fracking is just the worst idea ever. Drilling into the earths fucking core for a bit of oil (money). Whats wrong with these people?
It's been going on over 60 years. Did you bother to read the article? How closely are you following this?

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Mon Aug 08, 9:21 am

Old Fart wrote:Black gold rush in the USA by fracking has slashed the country's energy bills and creat... - Daily Mail

The Daily Mail is owned by corporate interests and is no longer a newspaper in the regularly-understood sense of the word.

Ripping the earth's skin off to feed the world's oil addiction: what could go wrong with that?

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Mon Aug 08, 11:58 am

Dazzler wrote:
Old Fart wrote:Black gold rush in the USA by fracking has slashed the country's energy bills and creat... - Daily Mail

The Daily Mail is owned by corporate interests and is no longer a newspaper in the regularly-understood sense of the word.

Ripping the earth's skin off to feed the world's oil addiction: what could go wrong with that?

Very dramatic Daz. Not really adding anything but very dramatic.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Mon Aug 08, 6:15 pm

I think a time will come in the not too distant future when we're forced to use fracking as our source of energy! ... In the meantime we should be trying to minimise the impact that will cause by cutting the amount of fossil fuels we use!

Peace, Des.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Mon Aug 08, 6:32 pm

in my tax loving state, pump price for auto gas is around 2.15gal . the fracking rigs, for the most part are silent up state . the big issue now is pipelines, as eminent domain has a big hammer

the attached link opened my eyes up to the governments past shuckin and jivin .
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/ ... ebt-secret

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Mon Aug 08, 7:37 pm

I fully support tapping into resources here at home, for a couple of reasons.
Also waiting for a reasonably priced all electric car to hit the market with about a 400 mile range on a charge. By reasonably priced I mean comparable in price to fuel efficient subcompacts on the market in the $20,000 range. I'm hoping this will happen soon.
In the meantime, continue going for more and more domestic oil.

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Mon Aug 08, 8:35 pm

So you are for Fracking? Our buddy SD has a house in the newly designated earthquake zone in NE Colorado proven to be caused by Fracking. I wonder what he thinks? A big problem in many states. Rudy, are you in an EQ zone? Has your ground water been affected?

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Mon Aug 08, 10:45 pm

Why does it always turn into accusations when asking a question around here? I've added information that shows fracking benefits the country as a whole, tens of thousands of individuals, is remarkably good for air quality and has been going on in Colorado for over 60 years. Now you tell me your horrible stories but make sure it's factual and current. Its supported by both Democrats and Republicans and is a big part of Obama's All of the Above energy policy.

I'm not taking sides, I'm discussing.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Mon Aug 08, 10:50 pm

MileHighDenver wrote:

So you are for Fracking? Our buddy SD has a house in the newly designated earthquake zone in NE Colorado proven to be caused by Fracking. I wonder what he thinks? A big problem in many states. Rudy, are you in an EQ zone? Has your ground water been affected?

Links please

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Mon Aug 08, 10:56 pm

It was a question OF. Not an acquisition.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/research/induced/

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Tue Aug 09, 12:04 am

MileHighDenver wrote:It was a question OF. Not an acquisition.

I'm just playing my part

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Tue Aug 09, 12:14 am

MileHighDenver wrote:It was a question OF. Not an acquisition.

From your link:

"With input from scientists, engineers, regulators, industry representatives, and the public the USGS is developing methods to estimate the earthquake hazard from induced earthquakes. Preliminary models display the intensity of potential ground shaking from induced earthquakes for a one-year period based on the seismicity in the previous year. This method is a first step in accounting for the rapid changes in seismicity that we are observing."
---------
We are in the first step. It says that right there ^^^

Assuming this is the case and it probably is, does it mean that ends the discussion of fracking? Can it be done a different way? I don't know. Are you willing to admit there economic and environmental benefits to fracking? You've not addressed that.

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Tue Aug 09, 12:47 am

Last edited by MileHighDenver on Tue Aug 09, 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Tue Aug 09, 12:51 am

So I guess that's a no then. I heard Channels was great before all us newbies joined and fucked the place up.

That's a dead link.

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Tue Aug 09, 12:56 am

Repaired link, sorry.

I don't know. I'm willing to pay more for clean energy.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Tue Aug 09, 1:04 am

MileHighDenver wrote:I don't know.

Either do I or any other fucker that posts here, but I'm willing to keep an open mind. The link works but it's not relevant.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Tue Aug 09, 2:18 am

Question for this discussion: What chemicals do the oil companies inject into the ground water bearing shale in order to extract the oil and are there any deleterious effects for we humans?

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Tue Aug 09, 3:14 am

List of 78 Chemicals Used in Hydraulic Fracturing Fluid in Pennsylvania
http://marcellusdrilling.com/2010/06/li ... nsylvania/

Return to “All Politics”