Open Carry Firearms in Oklahoma

The place to discuss political issues.

User avatar
smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5704
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 10:45 pm
Location: 3rd. rock
Contact:

Re: Open Carry Firearms in Oklahoma

Postby smokedpeppers » Fri Jan 22, 1:37 am

Image
iceland, not oklahoma .
Last edited by smokedpeppers on Fri Jan 22, 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
modern roots
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 2280
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 7:19 am
Location: U.S.A.

Re: Open Carry Firearms in Oklahoma

Postby modern roots » Fri Jan 22, 1:42 am

smokedpeppers wrote:Image


I think she just responded to my Craigslist personal ad.

User avatar
Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5991
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 7:43 pm
Location: Outside the Box

Re: Open Carry Firearms in Oklahoma

Postby Rudy » Fri Jan 22, 3:35 pm

Lady Gaga`s new meat belt?

User avatar
des
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 11195
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 12:36 am
Location: The Red Rose County

Re: Open Carry Firearms in Oklahoma

Postby des » Fri Jan 22, 4:09 pm

smokedpeppers wrote:Image
iceland, not oklahoma .


I wonder if that's the bird Chas 'n' Dave were singing about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeWA7ewDBD4


Peace, Des.

User avatar
Hobie
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1756
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 3:18 pm
Location: wagg more , bark less
Contact:

Re: Open Carry Firearms in Oklahoma

Postby Hobie » Fri Jan 22, 5:10 pm

anyone else here in the usa hear about an national movement of concealed or open carry . If you have it in your state , you can use it in every state ; if this gains ground . Here in RI , they are actually making it easy if your squeaky clean to get a permit . I had one back in the 90`s as I was on call 24/7 with my job , but I dont have that job anymore ...

User avatar
Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5991
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 7:43 pm
Location: Outside the Box

Re: Open Carry Firearms in Oklahoma

Postby Rudy » Fri Jan 22, 5:29 pm

Hobie wrote:anyone else here in the usa hear about an national movement of concealed or open carry . If you have it in your state , you can use it in every state ; if this gains ground . Here in RI , they are actually making it easy if your squeaky clean to get a permit . I had one back in the 90`s as I was on call 24/7 with my job , but I dont have that job anymore ...


Yeah. Most states that issue CCW licenses(but not all) are " Reciprocal States "...meaning your state`s CCW permit is accepted by law enforcement in that states jurisdiction.
It makes sense, because everyone is checked out and vetted by the same federal agencies when they apply for the permit and the database is shared by multiple agencies.
Oklahoma is "reciprocal", and they have now in the last few years updated the laws. It is now called a "Handgun license" here and it allows for open carry as well. You can also purchase a permit with a longer expiration date...

User avatar
modern roots
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 2280
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 7:19 am
Location: U.S.A.

Re: Open Carry Firearms in Oklahoma

Postby modern roots » Fri Jan 22, 5:49 pm

Rudy wrote:
Hobie wrote:anyone else here in the usa hear about an national movement of concealed or open carry . If you have it in your state , you can use it in every state ; if this gains ground . Here in RI , they are actually making it easy if your squeaky clean to get a permit . I had one back in the 90`s as I was on call 24/7 with my job , but I dont have that job anymore ...


Yeah. Most states that issue CCW licenses(but not all) are " Reciprocal States "...meaning your state`s CCW permit is accepted by law enforcement in that states jurisdiction.
It makes sense, because everyone is checked out and vetted by the same federal agencies when they apply for the permit and the database is shared by multiple agencies.
Oklahoma is "reciprocal", and they have now in the last few years updated the laws. It is now called a "Handgun license" here and it allows for open carry as well. You can also purchase a permit with a longer expiration date...


I'd have to check but I think Alabama participates in this program along with several other states.
There's a bill to be introduced this year in Montgomery to allow open carry on all college campuses. Some people won't go onto gun free zones because they refuse to make themselves a victim.

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15306
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Open Carry Firearms in Oklahoma

Postby Dazzler » Fri Jan 22, 6:03 pm

modern roots wrote:Some people won't go onto gun free zones because they refuse to make themselves a victim.


...and the law of natural selection continues to weed out the stupid.

User avatar
Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5991
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 7:43 pm
Location: Outside the Box

Re: Open Carry Firearms in Oklahoma

Postby Rudy » Fri Jan 22, 6:09 pm

...its a hard-knock life.

nemesystem
super poster
super poster
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 9:50 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

Re: Open Carry Firearms in Oklahoma

Postby nemesystem » Fri Jan 22, 8:24 pm

Hobie wrote:anyone else here in the usa hear about an national movement of concealed or open carry . If you have it in your state , you can use it in every state ; if this gains ground . Here in RI , they are actually making it easy if your squeaky clean to get a permit . I had one back in the 90`s as I was on call 24/7 with my job , but I dont have that job anymore ...


utah has the least restrictive CCW law in the nation... you can already legally open carry.. and they just made it a law a few years ago where ANYONE can carry or store a weapon in their car. (why you would want to do that is beyond me)

In order to get said CCW permit you pay 65 dollars go to a weekend gun show or any ccw class and watch a 30 minute video on how to shoot a RIFLE (mind you this is for a concealed carry permit) then depending on the instructor you have to go to a shooting range an shoot a gun...

oh and I believe Utah's CCW permit is good in 30+ states

User avatar
Hobie
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1756
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 3:18 pm
Location: wagg more , bark less
Contact:

Re: Open Carry Firearms in Oklahoma

Postby Hobie » Tue Jan 26, 2:45 pm

Just received the renewal form for Rhode Island . Its 15 pages long and this time involves your primary care doctor , the chief of police in your town and qualification at 75 feet with an Army type L target . You need to shoot over 200 out of 300 in 10 minutes with 30 rounds .You can only use the pistol you qualify with . Permit will be good for 2 years .One also needs an NRA certificate for a pistol safety class .
My gun club qualification was only at 50 feet and used a standard slow fire NRA target . With that one , one has to shoot 10 rounds out of 10 inside the 10 ring .
The movement I referred to was a "national right to carry movement" sponsored by the NRA and posts a commercial on streaming services like on a Roku .My club has 500 members and the president of the club would like all of the members to participate and receive the license .

worldcitizen1723
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 4159
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 1:42 am

Re: Open Carry Firearms in Oklahoma

Postby worldcitizen1723 » Wed Jan 27, 2:23 am

Dazzler wrote:
modern roots wrote:Some people won't go onto gun free zones because they refuse to make themselves a victim.


...and the law of natural selection continues to weed out the stupid.


815 killed in 26 days

one woman last week killed herself when she adjusted her bra holster and the gun went off
today a 9 year old killed his younger brother sitting in a car while their mom shopped - seems she left the gun in the car

crazy fuckers..think they need more guns.

User avatar
modern roots
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 2280
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 7:19 am
Location: U.S.A.

Re: Open Carry Firearms in Oklahoma

Postby modern roots » Wed Jan 27, 5:52 am

worldcitizen1723 wrote:
Dazzler wrote:
modern roots wrote:Some people won't go onto gun free zones because they refuse to make themselves a victim.


...and the law of natural selection continues to weed out the stupid.


815 killed in 26 days

one woman last week killed herself when she adjusted her bra holster and the gun went off
today a 9 year old killed his younger brother sitting in a car while their mom shopped - seems she left the gun in the car

crazy fuckers..think they need more guns.


Prescription drugs kill more people every year than die at the hands of a gun. Think they need more prescription drugs?
(Research it, its true)
I guess by your logic, dazzler, prescription drugs are weeding out the stupid too.

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15306
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Open Carry Firearms in Oklahoma

Postby Dazzler » Wed Jan 27, 1:15 pm

modern roots wrote:logic


Buy a dictionary.

User avatar
des
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 11195
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 12:36 am
Location: The Red Rose County

Re: Open Carry Firearms in Oklahoma

Postby des » Wed Jan 27, 4:41 pm

I bet if there was a poll on gun ownership in the UK, 99% of us would vote for the status quo, i.e. no handguns and no automatic weapons!

We like the fact our kids can go out of an evening without getting a bullet in the head!

Strange thing, culture ... innit?


Peace, Des.

User avatar
Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6832
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 8:36 pm
Location: @ 7,230 Feet

Re: Open Carry Firearms in Oklahoma

Postby Old Fart » Wed Jan 27, 5:04 pm

des wrote:I bet if there was a poll on gun ownership in the UK, 99% of us would vote for the status quo, i.e. no handguns and no automatic weapons!

We like the fact our kids can go out of an evening without getting a bullet in the head!

Strange thing, culture ... innit?


Peace, Des.

I believe if we could start it all over knowing what we know now America would reconsider the second amendment.

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 3483
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 11:55 pm
Location: Snowbelt

Re: Open Carry Firearms in Oklahoma

Postby Cat » Wed Jan 27, 6:53 pm

Old Fart wrote:
des wrote:I bet if there was a poll on gun ownership in the UK, 99% of us would vote for the status quo, i.e. no handguns and no automatic weapons!

We like the fact our kids can go out of an evening without getting a bullet in the head!

Strange thing, culture ... innit?


Peace, Des.

I believe if we could start it all over knowing what we know now America would reconsider the second amendment.


The most common method of murder in the UK is by sharp instrument. No need for a gun.
I would guess the 2nd most common method is blunt trauma.

User avatar
Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15306
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2:45 pm
Location: Among the six billion.
Contact:

Re: Open Carry Firearms in Oklahoma

Postby Dazzler » Wed Jan 27, 6:57 pm

Cat wrote:
Old Fart wrote:
des wrote:I bet if there was a poll on gun ownership in the UK, 99% of us would vote for the status quo, i.e. no handguns and no automatic weapons!

We like the fact our kids can go out of an evening without getting a bullet in the head!

Strange thing, culture ... innit?


Peace, Des.

I believe if we could start it all over knowing what we know now America would reconsider the second amendment.


The most common method of murder in the UK is by sharp instrument. No need for a gun.
I would guess the 2nd most common method is blunt trauma.


That's nice. What was your point?

Cat
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 3483
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 11:55 pm
Location: Snowbelt

Re: Open Carry Firearms in Oklahoma

Postby Cat » Wed Jan 27, 7:00 pm

Dazzler wrote:
Cat wrote:
Old Fart wrote:
des wrote:I bet if there was a poll on gun ownership in the UK, 99% of us would vote for the status quo, i.e. no handguns and no automatic weapons!

We like the fact our kids can go out of an evening without getting a bullet in the head!

Strange thing, culture ... innit?


Peace, Des.

I believe if we could start it all over knowing what we know now America would reconsider the second amendment.


The most common method of murder in the UK is by sharp instrument. No need for a gun.
I would guess the 2nd most common method is blunt trauma.


That's nice. What was your point?


My point is you're all lucky that you're not taking a bullet?

User avatar
alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 3644
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 6:12 pm
Location: damned, or in The dam!

Re: Open Carry Firearms in Oklahoma

Postby alpha » Wed Jan 27, 7:16 pm

des wrote:Strange thing culture, ... innit?


Very strange indeed, Des.

BBC wrote:Children as young as 11 were raped by multiple perpetrators, abducted, trafficked to other cities in England, beaten and intimidated, it said.


Over fourteen hundred of them Des. Would you rather be stigmatized by multiple rape, for the rest of your life, or get a bullet to the head ending it right there, or perhaps remain a vegetable for the rest of your life? Hard choices in our world today, but nobody's kids are immune to this crazy shit we call culture nowadaze!

User avatar
des
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 11195
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 12:36 am
Location: The Red Rose County

Re: Open Carry Firearms in Oklahoma

Postby des » Wed Jan 27, 8:02 pm

alpha wrote:
des wrote:Strange thing culture, ... innit?


Very strange indeed, Des.

BBC wrote:Children as young as 11 were raped by multiple perpetrators, abducted, trafficked to other cities in England, beaten and intimidated, it said.


Over fourteen hundred of them Des. Would you rather be stigmatized by multiple rape, for the rest of your life, or get a bullet to the head ending it right there, or perhaps remain a vegetable for the rest of your life? Hard choices in our world today, but nobody's kids are immune to this crazy shit we call culture nowadaze!


That's Pakistani culture you're talking about! Hopefully, now that the rock has been kicked over, something will be done about it!

Peace, Des.

User avatar
Hobie
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 1756
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 3:18 pm
Location: wagg more , bark less
Contact:

Re: Open Carry Firearms in Oklahoma

Postby Hobie » Wed Jan 27, 8:49 pm

Old Fart wrote:
des wrote:I bet if there was a poll on gun ownership in the UK, 99% of us would vote for the status quo, i.e. no handguns and no automatic weapons!

We like the fact our kids can go out of an evening without getting a bullet in the head!

Strange thing, culture ... innit?


Peace, Des.

I believe if we could start it all over knowing what we know now America would reconsider the second amendment.



The government is already considering an appeal of the second amendment , But it's too late for that considering its embedded in our culture and not everyone who owns a gun is mentally challenged and should not have it . What about target shooting , the olympics sports that incorporate shooting and self defence . Ever visit a trap range or a boy scout camp , lots of people having responsible fun . Today at the range I took advantage of rifle and pistol cowboy action events .

User avatar
Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 6131
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 5:32 am
Location: The Eldorado Cafe...

Re: Open Carry Firearms in Oklahoma

Postby Banks » Wed Jan 27, 9:40 pm

Old Fart wrote:I believe if we could start it all over knowing what we know now America would reconsider the second amendment.

I believe if they could start it all over knowing what we know now, Germany wouldn't have elected Hitler and Japan wouldn't have bombed Pearl Harbor... :)

User avatar
Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 15958
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 12:30 am
Location: "Hiding my leg from the humpers"

Re: Open Carry Firearms in Oklahoma

Postby Bohannon » Wed Jan 27, 10:10 pm

Hobie wrote:
Old Fart wrote:
des wrote:I bet if there was a poll on gun ownership in the UK, 99% of us would vote for the status quo, i.e. no handguns and no automatic weapons!

We like the fact our kids can go out of an evening without getting a bullet in the head!

Strange thing, culture ... innit?


Peace, Des.

I believe if we could start it all over knowing what we know now America would reconsider the second amendment.



The government is already considering an appeal of the second amendment , But it's too late for that considering its embedded in our culture and not everyone who owns a gun is mentally challenged and should not have it . What about target shooting , the olympics sports that incorporate shooting and self defence . Ever visit a trap range or a boy scout camp , lots of people having responsible fun . Today at the range I took advantage of rifle and pistol cowboy action events .



I'm all for that...only, leave your guns locked in a vault at the range. Rifles for hunting only.

User avatar
des
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 11195
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 12:36 am
Location: The Red Rose County

Re: Open Carry Firearms in Oklahoma

Postby des » Wed Jan 27, 10:45 pm

Hobie wrote:
Old Fart wrote:
des wrote:I bet if there was a poll on gun ownership in the UK, 99% of us would vote for the status quo, i.e. no handguns and no automatic weapons!

We like the fact our kids can go out of an evening without getting a bullet in the head!

Strange thing, culture ... innit?


Peace, Des.

I believe if we could start it all over knowing what we know now America would reconsider the second amendment.



The government is already considering an appeal of the second amendment , But it's too late for that considering its embedded in our culture and not everyone who owns a gun is mentally challenged and should not have it . What about target shooting , the olympics sports that incorporate shooting and self defence . Ever visit a trap range or a boy scout camp , lots of people having responsible fun . Today at the range I took advantage of rifle and pistol cowboy action events .


Us Brits can participate in the shooting events at the Olympics! We're allowed to own shotguns and bolt action rifles!

I suppose the thinking is, you'd have the chance to rush a guy with either of those firearms while they were reloading?


Peace, Des.

nemesystem
super poster
super poster
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 9:50 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

Re: Open Carry Firearms in Oklahoma

Postby nemesystem » Thu Jan 28, 2:32 am

Image

As a former member of the NRA... this shit cracks me up...

Its like the fucking boy scouts for man children.... smh

User avatar
modern roots
super power poster
super power poster
Posts: 2280
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 7:19 am
Location: U.S.A.

Re: Open Carry Firearms in Oklahoma

Postby modern roots » Thu Jan 28, 4:10 am

nemesystem wrote:Image

As a former member of the NRA... this shit cracks me up...

Its like the fucking boy scouts for man children.... smh


The NRA is a fucking bad joke.
True straightjacket shit, the NRA is.

User avatar
Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5991
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 7:43 pm
Location: Outside the Box

Re: Open Carry Firearms in Oklahoma

Postby Rudy » Thu Jan 28, 3:33 pm

Somewhat of an abomination, yep.

User avatar
smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5704
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 10:45 pm
Location: 3rd. rock
Contact:

Re: Open Carry Firearms in Oklahoma

Postby smokedpeppers » Sun Feb 21, 11:36 pm

Image

User avatar
smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster
Posts: 5704
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 10:45 pm
Location: 3rd. rock
Contact:

Re: Open Carry Firearms in Oklahoma

Postby smokedpeppers » Sat Feb 27, 12:57 am

Image
not oklahoma either .


Return to “All Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests