Open Carry Firearms in Oklahoma

The place to discuss political issues.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: Open Carry Firearms in Oklahoma

Postby Old Fart » Sat Nov 28, 1:34 am

That's the way it was reported. I don't need a pc lesson. It looks like a cop was killed.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sat Nov 28, 3:03 am

And yet some people still thirst for more weapons and more abortions.

Free the pot prisoners!
And happy chiefing to you.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Sat Nov 28, 3:06 am

Two civilians killed.

MileHighDenver
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby MileHighDenver » Sat Nov 28, 3:08 am

Old Fart wrote:That's the way it was reported. I don't need a pc lesson. It looks like a cop was killed.

I'm a Mac guy. Yes, a UofC cop specifically. Dr. Tiller was a client of mine in the past btw.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sat Nov 28, 4:18 am

MileHighDenver wrote:
Old Fart wrote:That's the way it was reported. I don't need a pc lesson. It looks like a cop was killed.

I'm a Mac guy. Yes, a UofC cop specifically. Dr. Tiller was a client of mine in the past btw.

Oh sure. Thanks for the encrypted message. (sarcasm)

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Sat Nov 28, 5:51 pm

Wrong on the "no fatalities" from what I see this morning.

Old Fart
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Old Fart » Sat Nov 28, 8:33 pm

Try reading the thread.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Fri Dec 04, 11:42 pm

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Thu Dec 10, 3:28 am

A woman takes a selfie with a smartphone in a pistol-shaped case as she attends the Monaco Formula One Grand Prix, at the Monaco street circuit in Monte-Carlo, on May 24, 2015
stateside this would get you detained or shot .

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Thu Dec 10, 4:28 am

Just looked at a Cabela's sale paper. Wow, do they got some guns. From revolvers all the way to semiautomatics with 30 round clips. You could do it up right this Christmas with guns from Cabela's.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Fri Dec 11, 6:40 pm

Most fucked up thing is you maniacs sell guns in fucking supermarkets.

Just getting a few bits and pieces. Milk, cheddar, some apples. Oh the Sweets aisle.. fruit roll ups, twizzlers. Oh, the gun aisle. Might as well pick up a semi automatic handgun.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Fri Dec 11, 7:56 pm

How much would a pump action shotgun cost you?

Peace, Des.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Fri Dec 11, 8:04 pm

How much ya got?

nemesystem
super poster
super poster

Postby nemesystem » Fri Dec 11, 9:00 pm

des wrote:How much would a pump action shotgun cost you?

Peace, Des.

the Cabela's here is selling one for 199.99 and they go as high as 3000$ In the newspaper ad last weekend a local sporting good store had them starting at 180$

Hammer
super power poster
super power poster

Postby Hammer » Fri Dec 11, 9:47 pm

You can get them cheaper if you buy a dozen. You know, a bakers dozen. Buy 12, get 1 free!

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Fri Dec 11, 9:51 pm

Generous_J wrote:Most fucked up thing is you maniacs sell guns in fucking supermarkets.

Just getting a few bits and pieces. Milk, cheddar, some apples. Oh the Sweets aisle.. fruit roll ups, twizzlers. Oh, the gun aisle. Might as well pick up a semi automatic handgun.

Do you not got places like that on your side of the pond? I see people open carry here all the time. One guy rides his bicycle all the time packing some heat. I see people at the grocery store with gun on hip!!!

Also a great selection of knives to be had. I'm thinking about gifting a knife to someone for Christmas this year. A folding knife.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Sat Dec 12, 2:19 am

modern roots wrote:
Generous_J wrote:Most fucked up thing is you maniacs sell guns in fucking supermarkets.

Do you not got places like that on your side of the pond? I see people open carry here all the time. One guy rides his bicycle all the time packing some heat. I see people at the grocery store with gun on hip!!!

Also a great selection of knives to be had. I'm thinking about gifting a knife to someone for Christmas this year. A folding knife.

I'm not sure I'd walk round carrying a gun, but if I lived in the States I'd probably keep one in the house for home defence!

Pump action shot gun? ... Good choice on the Day of the Apocalypse, or not?

Peace, Des.

Generous_J
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Generous_J » Sat Dec 12, 3:32 am

modern roots wrote:

I'd like to think you're being deliberately obtuse but, judging from your posting history, I can only conclude that your post must be taken at face value.

So, to answer your question - no, we do not 'go places like that' on this side of the pond. I suppose you could say our mentality is not that where we believe we may need a lethal weapon convenient in the event we may need to fucking shoot someone.

It may amaze you to know that in Ireland, the standard police officer - or Garda - is not armed with a gun, only special response units are. The general idea is that the Gardaí remaining unarmed lessens the likelihood of weapons proliferating in society.

I would hazard a guess that we have less than 10 gun deaths per year here. Mostly because we don't have a culture which is completely fucked with gun mania.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sat Dec 12, 4:33 am

des wrote:
modern roots wrote:

I'm not sure I'd walk round carrying a gun, but if I lived in the States I'd probably keep one in the house for home defence!

Peace, Des.

Nothing will do a zombie in faster at short range than a shotgun!!!

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sat Dec 12, 4:46 am

Generous_J wrote:
modern roots wrote:

I'd like to think you're being deliberately obtuse but, judging from your posting history, I can only conclude that your post must be taken at face value.

So, to answer your question - no, we do not 'go places like that' on this side of the pond. I suppose you could say our mentality is not that where we believe we may need a lethal weapon convenient in the event we may need to fucking shoot someone.

It may amaze you to know that in Ireland, the standard police officer - or Garda - is not armed with a gun, only special response units are. The general idea is that the Gardaí remaining unarmed lessens the likelihood of weapons proliferating in society.

I would hazard a guess that we have less than 10 gun deaths per year here. Mostly because we don't have a culture which is completely fucked with gun mania.

Thanks. I was being serious. Hadn't visited Ireland yet so I don't know much about the place. I remember seeing cops in the Netherlands that didn't carry guns.

The open carry crowd doesn't bother me. I talk to a guy at the coffeeshop that's got about every gun known to mankind. As nice a person as you'll ever meet, just loves his guns though. Another man that frequents the coffeeshop carries a little snubnose .38 on him everywhere he goes so don't think the coffeeshop in this city is a 'soft' target. Somebody walks in with a death wish for everybody else might just get the surprise of their life.
Seriously though, both nice guys. You can talk to them about anything.

des
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby des » Sat Dec 12, 6:13 am

modern roots wrote:
des wrote:
modern roots wrote:

Peace, Des.

Nothing will do a zombie in faster at short range than a shotgun!!!

One in the head, puts 'em to bed!

Peace, Des.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Sat Dec 19, 12:57 am

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sat Dec 19, 1:22 am

smokedpeppers wrote:How to Fly With Your Firearm . http://www.artofmanliness.com/2014/12/1 ... r-firearm/

I've flown in and out of Billings, Montana and watched many men carry their weapons in the airport to be checked. Long barrel guns like rifles.

smokedpeppers
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby smokedpeppers » Sun Dec 20, 5:02 am

europe somewhere, perhaps the 40's, when rudolph was a tank and santa open carried .

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sun Dec 20, 9:47 pm

Maybe Santa will bring me an AR-15 for Christmas.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Mon Dec 21, 12:32 pm

I hope so.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sun Dec 27, 2:09 am

Shooting victims this year in "GUN FREE Chicago: 2,887.
I guess everybody is a sitting duck in gun free zones.

alpha
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby alpha » Sun Dec 27, 3:54 am

According to the Washington Post nearly a thousand people have been killed by police during this year alone.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/invest ... ge%2Fstory

Keith L. Alexander for the Washington Post wrote:More than 50 police officers involved in fatal shootings this year had previously fired their guns in deadly on-duty shootings, according to a Washington Post investigation.

For a handful of officers, it was their third fatal shooting. For one officer, it was his fourth.

Seems like some police believe their departments have quotas for thinning the herd.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Sun Dec 27, 4:50 am

alpha wrote:According to the Washington Post nearly a thousand people have been killed by police during this year alone.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/invest ... ge%2Fstory

Keith L. Alexander for the Washington Post wrote:More than 50 police officers involved in fatal shootings this year had previously fired their guns in deadly on-duty shootings, according to a Washington Post investigation.

For a handful of officers, it was their third fatal shooting. For one officer, it was his fourth.

Seems like some police believe their departments have quotas for thinning the herd.

Thanks for the link. Enjoyed the article. Even watched the short video about the cop that got off after shooting a person in the back two times. Disgusting! The cop tasered the person 3 times, had the bloke on the ground writhing in pain and then utterly wastes the poor person!!
I mean wow!!
And the cop walked after feeding this person two bullets in the back? I mean, for real, who is sitting on these juries?
America IS a violent country.

modern roots
super power poster
super power poster

Postby modern roots » Tue Dec 29, 4:31 pm

Woke up this morning to see "Woman stabbed to death" as the front page headline of the city newspaper here. It marks the fifth homicide of the year for us.
I guess this is an instance of open carry knife.

Return to “All Politics”