Oil Prices with a Democrat President

The place to discuss political issues.

modern roots
mega power poster
mega power poster

Oil Prices with a Democrat President

Postby modern roots » Fri Feb 05, 12:12 am

I'm already reading speculation with the oil market.

What is it with Democrats and the price of oil and gas going up?

Remember Obama? Oil went to almost $150 a barrel and gas was well over $4 a gallon for an inglorious stretch of time. We had the highest prices of oil and gas all-time under Obama.

Oil and gas has shot up considerably under Biden's short tenure.
Gas went up 20 cents a gallon at one time two days ago here.
And gas is supposed to be cheaper in the winter months.

And don't forget, Biden has already put the brakes on the Keystone XL pipeline. What a disaster! What an idiot!! He just doesn't get it when it comes to energy independence.

How long before $4 a gallon gas??

We'll need oil and gas for decades longer. The switch to all electric cars, trucks, and SUV's will be painfully slow so why pull the rug out from under the oil and gas industry? Terrible strategic move. Again, Biden just doesn't understand!!

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Re: Oil Prices with a Democrat President

Postby Dazzler » Fri Feb 05, 8:20 am

Low oil prices are bad for the US economy and good for OPEC.

Fuel prices in the US are ridiculously low.

Buy a more fuel-efficient car next time. Hybrids are practical for most people.

modern roots
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby modern roots » Fri Feb 05, 3:55 pm

I've got the most fuel efficient subcompact car money can buy.
I paid $17,000 for it brand new in 2014. It's over six years old now.
Gets a whopping 44mpg on the highway. It's even a manual transmission six speed.

Also, what's your reasoning behind saying low oil prices are bad for the US economy? That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. $150 a barrel oil and $4.50 a gallon gas sure isn't good for the economy. You've got it right backwards, friend.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Sun Feb 07, 10:04 am

Because if oil prices drop too far, oil extraction in the US becomes untenable, closes down and hands the whole business over to OPEC and possibly Russia.

44mpg out-of-town isn't great. Most modern cars are 60+ and hybrids will get 90 and above. How big is your family?

modern roots
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby modern roots » Sun Feb 07, 3:57 pm

You're crazy, there aren't any cars getting over 50 to 55mpg. And hybrids get less on the highway than they do in the city. My car gets comparable gas mileage to a hybrid on the highway.

Show me a hybrid car in the US market that gets 90mpg!!??
LOL
You're as clueless as Bo when it comes to cars.

Oh, and here's the kicker, hybrid cars cost significantly more than gas burners. Remember, my car cost $17,000. Now post the cheapest hybrid car you can find from a reputable car manufacturer in the US market...and you'll see why I went with my car. Hybrids are overpriced and too expensive for me. I don't put that many miles on my car. I drove less than 125 miles in January.

Plus, another kicker for hybrids, they carry an additional YEARLY TAX from our state government that all gas burners don't have to pay. Another reason to avoid them. I can drive 9 or 10 months on gas for what I'd pay in additional taxes on a hybrid. No real reason to buy one. I'd be taking two steps back paying more to begin with for a hybrid and then paying an additional yearly tax just because it's a hybrid.

Also, our oil giants can make enough profits to stay filthy rich with a barrel of oil selling for $50. They don't need to rape us!!!

modern roots
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby modern roots » Wed Feb 24, 12:24 am

Now the price of gas is up 50 cents since the election.
Mr. Biden, it's time to stop signing executive orders.
Democrats are disastrous for the price of oil and gas.
I wish they made an affordable electric car.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Wed Feb 24, 1:00 am

modern roots wrote:Now the price of gas is up 50 cents since the election.

Used BMW E-cars are an excellent choice. Add to the stable...

modern roots
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby modern roots » Wed Feb 24, 1:56 am

Banks wrote:
modern roots wrote:Now the price of gas is up 50 cents since the election.

Used BMW E-cars are an excellent choice. Add to the stable...

I checked them out for sale in my area. Pretty cool little car, but pricey. The old 2014 models have a selling price of a new gas burner. Plus, the range is only 72 to 81 miles on one charge. It would be an around town cruiser only. Some of them for sale has the optional "range extender" which makes claims of 200 miles on one charge. I just don't know if I believe this. I've also heard the batteries are very expensive to replace so I'd be leery buying one with too many miles on it. Could be why so many are for sale as it's time to replace the batteries. I'd have to get an electric car with a guaranteed warranty on the batteries before I plopped down my cash on one.
Thanks for the heads up though....

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Wed Feb 24, 1:55 pm

Gasoline prices need to keep on rising; we need to save the planet for humanity (it needs to be habitable).

modern roots
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby modern roots » Wed Feb 24, 3:10 pm

Bohannon wrote:Gasoline prices need to keep on rising; we need to save the planet for humanity (it needs to be habitable).

Go ahead and tell me...how many electric vehicles do you have?
Oil and gas isn't going to destroy the planet, and neither is a cow fart!! You've drank the "existential crisis" kool-aid. You're smarter than that, Bo. Don't believe the hype.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Wed Feb 24, 3:38 pm

modern roots wrote:
Bohannon wrote:Gasoline prices need to keep on rising; we need to save the planet for humanity (it needs to be habitable).

Oil and gas isn't going to destroy the planet, and neither is a cow fart!! You've drank the "existential crisis" kool-aid. You're smarter than that, Bo. Don't believe the hype.

Sorry to say you are no dumber than that. Do you understand the word "finite"? How about "climate change"? No?, I really didn't think so. You're back on ignore and I'll hit myself in the head with a hammer instead. (I have one electric vehicle, a bicycle and two fairly good legs.)

modern roots
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby modern roots » Wed Feb 24, 4:06 pm

Bohannon wrote:
modern roots wrote:

Sorry to say you are no dumber than that. Do you understand the word "finite"? How about "climate change"? No?, I really didn't think so. You're back on ignore and I'll hit myself in the head with a hammer instead. (I have one electric vehicle, a bicycle and two fairly good legs.)

I see you bought into Al Gore's "peak oil" lie. LOL!!! And you think I'm dumb and the idiot. We haven't even begun to reach peak oil!!

Climate change us a hoax. Climate change isn't causing California wildfires, it's arsonists. Boy, are you misled.

What kind of electric vehicle do you own? Did you buy it used or new? How much did you pay for it?

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Wed Feb 24, 7:22 pm

modern roots wrote:
Bohannon wrote:
modern roots wrote:

I see you bought into Al Gore's "peak oil" lie. LOL!!! And you think I'm dumb and the idiot. We haven't even begun to reach peak oil!!

Climate change us a hoax. Climate change isn't causing California wildfires, it's arsonists. Boy, are you misled.

What kind of electric vehicle do you own? Did you buy it used or new? How much did you pay for it?

You’re an ignorant, selfish old fool, desperately casting around for excuses not to change your destructive, infantile behaviour.

modern roots
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby modern roots » Wed Feb 24, 10:39 pm

Dazzler wrote:
modern roots wrote:
Bohannon wrote:
modern roots wrote:

You’re an ignorant, selfish old fool, desperately casting around for excuses not to change your destructive, infantile behaviour.

You silly fool, you talk like I'm the only one on the planet using oil and gas. Get a grip and come to your senses. Oil and gas will still be used long after we're dead. They just don't make a new electric car I can afford. When are "they" (the companies) going to make going green affordable for everyone? Right now, going green is for the rich and wealthy, and all the ones that can afford it still don't do it. So save your outrage for the ones that can afford it, but won't do it.

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Thu Feb 25, 12:00 pm

modern roots wrote:They just don't make a new electric car I can afford.

Get rid of the Thunderbird and BMW.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Thu Feb 25, 1:17 pm

modern roots wrote:
Dazzler wrote:
modern roots wrote:
Bohannon wrote:
modern roots wrote:

You silly fool, you talk like I'm the only one on the planet using oil and gas. Get a grip and come to your senses. Oil and gas will still be used long after we're dead. They just don't make a new electric car I can afford. When are "they" (the companies) going to make going green affordable for everyone? Right now, going green is for the rich and wealthy, and all the ones that can afford it still don't do it. So save your outrage for the ones that can afford it, but won't do it.

Do you think oil and gas will last forever? We’re not making any more of it, you know.

modern roots
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby modern roots » Thu Feb 25, 3:05 pm

Banks wrote:
modern roots wrote:They just don't make a new electric car I can afford.

Get rid of the Thunderbird and BMW.

I'm not buying an electric car that isn't new. I want the warranty and extended range the new EV's offer. The old BMW's you mentioned only get 72 to 81 miles to a charge. That isn't acceptable. Couldn't drive the car anywhere out of town without finding a charging station for a 2 hour wait. Keep in mind, at interstate speeds, that's only enough range to drive ONE hour before stopping in for a TWO hour charge. LOL!!! That's pathetic. Isn't acceptable. It would take you forever to go anywhere.
That's why I'd have to have a new EV with a range around 200 miles or more. That'd give you about 3 hours highway travel before stopping for a charge. And the cheapest new EV with a range around 200 miles or better comes in at a whopping $45k!! Too expensive.

modern roots
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby modern roots » Thu Feb 25, 3:23 pm

Dazzler wrote:
modern roots wrote:
Dazzler wrote:
modern roots wrote:
Bohannon wrote:
modern roots wrote:

Do you think oil and gas will last forever? We’re not making any more of it, you know.

You can google it yourself and find the answer to your question. We're not making any more of it, but we're FINDING more of it. BP estimates says we've got over 50 years of proven oil reserves. However, that number keeps going up every year, because, like I said, the oil giants keep finding new oil supplies every day of every year. So add in the over 50 years of oil reserves we have now and all the new oil that is yet to be found and we've got enough oil to last at least to the next century. No oil shortages for our lifetime, Dazzler.
This will be sufficient time for the EV's to fully take hold and become more affordable for the average income person. I can't afford $45k for a new EV. That would be a car payment near $1,000/month. I don't have that much to spare in my monthly budget. Now, when they make an EV that is priced the same as a new subcompact gas burner, I'll buy one. I'm not paying 3 prices for an EV. $20k would be the most I'll pay for an EV new. Just like I told you in my last post, going "green" isn't affordable and is out of reach for the average income person. Look no further than the grocery store for another example of this.
Or look at the cost for solar panels for your house. The initial expense of solar panels put it out of reach for me. Plus, my electricity comes from hydropower, from a dam, so I'm using a clean source of energy for my home now. And my monthly electric bill averages $200 a month. Now figure up how long I can make that monthly utility payment before I'd break even using solar panels on my roof!! LOL!!! A very long, long time!! Isn't feasible or affordable at the moment.

Dazzler
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Dazzler » Thu Feb 25, 7:50 pm

A used hybrid would cost you nowhere near $45,000

modern roots
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby modern roots » Thu Feb 25, 10:11 pm

Well, buy me one, and finally shut up about it!!

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Fri Feb 26, 4:08 pm

modern roots wrote:Well, buy me one, and finally shut up about it!!

Okay, sell the BMW and keep the Thunderbird.

modern roots
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby modern roots » Fri Feb 26, 5:23 pm

Banks wrote:

The T-Bird is a collector car. It's got panache and pizzazz!! Plus, it's got that V-8 growl and I can drive it anywhere. And it's a convertible!! Love, love, love the hardtop it came with.

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Thu Mar 11, 8:47 pm

Hey Jergoff,

Lets call a spade a spade.

Gas prices are higher because of the changing of the seasonal mix and refineries
in Texas being off-line.

NOT because of anything Biden or Dems did.

Fucking lies and bullshit the whole goddam way, Trumpster.

modern roots
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby modern roots » Thu Mar 11, 10:28 pm

Rudy, I believe you have serious problems with reading and comprehension. I've told you umpteen times I voted Libertarian in the last two elections.

See if your pea-brain can digest that.

Gas prices were up 50 cents before the storm and change of gas mix. Nice try!

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Fri Mar 12, 1:00 am

modern roots wrote:Rudy, I believe you have serious problems with reading and comprehension. I've told you umpteen times I voted Libertarian in the last two elections.

Bullshit.

And I'm calling it.

modern roots
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby modern roots » Fri Mar 12, 1:58 am

Rudy wrote:
modern roots wrote:Rudy, I believe you have serious problems with reading and comprehension. I've told you umpteen times I voted Libertarian in the last two elections.

Bullshit.

And I'm calling it.

Android Auto on my new 2021 GAS burner is da bomb!!!

Banks
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Banks » Fri Mar 19, 3:23 pm

modern roots wrote:
Banks wrote:

The T-Bird is a collector car. It's got panache and pizzazz!! Plus, it's got that V-8 growl and I can drive it anywhere. And it's a convertible!! Love, love, love the hardtop it came with.

Wait... you are a girl???

Rudy
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Rudy » Tue Mar 23, 4:47 pm

I was wondering. " He " talks a lot of smack for someone who tips over when putting on their underwear.

modern roots
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby modern roots » Sat Sep 11, 3:11 am

Gas prices are still high. $2.73 here. We're getting raped at the pump.

Bohannon
mega power poster
mega power poster

Postby Bohannon » Thu Sep 16, 3:20 pm

MR, How many times have you been to Amsterdam and when last?

Return to “All Politics”